Skip to content

WR

The Browns Board
61 11 2.5k 1
  • I had a 1975 Corvette Orange C3 vetted, 75 I bought in 77 for  79 that's $7,900 the end of the cheap buy vettes basically ever.   It had 11,000 miles on it immaculate garage car a girl had it so for 2 years I had it under a bedspread  -so-  I had to make a choice pamper it or drive it.  I chose drive it !  

    And for 10 more years I drove it, in a few parades, had a lot of fun with it but finally I got tired of storing it every winter so I finally got rid of it.   If I had another garage I would have kept it. I've always liked Chevrolets the most.

    But we're Chrysler people now my wife's last 7+ new cars have been Omnis, Caravans,  96 Intrepid (great car, neighbor kid still driving it), 99 300M fantastic car but my only lease never again.  And we have had some really good Sebrings current one we ordered/got it on 05/05/05 and still going with 85,000 miles.....hey we're retired  !

    Plus my C-10, Austin Healy Mk III,  motorcycles,  I've always been a Motorhead.    😁

    @mjp28 said:

    I had a 1975 Corvette Orange C3 vetted, 75 I bought in 77 for  79 that's $7,900 the end of the cheap buy vettes basically ever.   It had 11,000 miles on it immaculate garage car a girl had it so for 2 years I had it under a bedspread  -so-  I had to make a choice pamper it or drive it.  I chose drive it !  

    And for 10 more years I drove it, in a few parades, had a lot of fun with it but finally I got tired of storing it every winter so I finally got rid of it.   If I had another garage I would have kept it. I've always liked Chevrolets the most.

    But we're Chrysler people now my wife's last 7+ new cars have been Omnis, Caravans,  96 Intrepid (great car, neighbor kid still driving it), 99 300M fantastic car but my only lease never again.  And we have had some really good Sebrings current one we ordered/got it on 05/05/05 and still going with 85,000 miles.....hey we're retired  !

    Plus my C-10, Austin Healy Mk III,  motorcycles,  I've always been a Motorhead.    😁

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

  • I had a 1975 Corvette Orange C3 vetted, 75 I bought in 77 for  79 that's $7,900 the end of the cheap buy vettes basically ever.   It had 11,000 miles on it immaculate garage car a girl had it so for 2 years I had it under a bedspread  -so-  I had to make a choice pamper it or drive it.  I chose drive it !  

    And for 10 more years I drove it, in a few parades, had a lot of fun with it but finally I got tired of storing it every winter so I finally got rid of it.   If I had another garage I would have kept it. I've always liked Chevrolets the most.

    But we're Chrysler people now my wife's last 7+ new cars have been Omnis, Caravans,  96 Intrepid (great car, neighbor kid still driving it), 99 300M fantastic car but my only lease never again.  And we have had some really good Sebrings current one we ordered/got it on 05/05/05 and still going with 85,000 miles.....hey we're retired  !

    Plus my C-10, Austin Healy Mk III,  motorcycles,  I've always been a Motorhead.    😁

    @mjp28 said:

    I had a 1975 Corvette Orange C3 vetted, 75 I bought in 77 for  79 that's $7,900 the end of the cheap buy vettes basically ever.   It had 11,000 miles on it immaculate garage car a girl had it so for 2 years I had it under a bedspread  -so-  I had to make a choice pamper it or drive it.  I chose drive it !  

    And for 10 more years I drove it, in a few parades, had a lot of fun with it but finally I got tired of storing it every winter so I finally got rid of it.   If I had another garage I would have kept it. I've always liked Chevrolets the most.

    But we're Chrysler people now my wife's last 7+ new cars have been Omnis, Caravans,  96 Intrepid (great car, neighbor kid still driving it), 99 300M fantastic car but my only lease never again.  And we have had some really good Sebrings current one we ordered/got it on 05/05/05 and still going with 85,000 miles.....hey we're retired  !

    Plus my C-10, Austin Healy Mk III,  motorcycles,  I've always been a Motorhead.    😁

    Chryslers are junk.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I had a 1975 Corvette Orange C3 vetted, 75 I bought in 77 for  79 that's $7,900 the end of the cheap buy vettes basically ever.   It had 11,000 miles on it immaculate garage car a girl had it so for 2 years I had it under a bedspread  -so-  I had to make a choice pamper it or drive it.  I chose drive it !  

    And for 10 more years I drove it, in a few parades, had a lot of fun with it but finally I got tired of storing it every winter so I finally got rid of it.   If I had another garage I would have kept it. I've always liked Chevrolets the most.

    But we're Chrysler people now my wife's last 7+ new cars have been Omnis, Caravans,  96 Intrepid (great car, neighbor kid still driving it), 99 300M fantastic car but my only lease never again.  And we have had some really good Sebrings current one we ordered/got it on 05/05/05 and still going with 85,000 miles.....hey we're retired  !

    Plus my C-10, Austin Healy Mk III,  motorcycles,  I've always been a Motorhead.    😁

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Chryslers are junk.

    Agreed.  I got a PT Cruiser with 33K miles.  I change oil religiously.  Do it myself.  I've got a spreadsheet with the cars' info (drain plug size & location, oil filter part # and location, proper oil viscosity, you name it) one of it's 4 fuckin' cylinders quit at 61,000 miles.  POS

  • @mjp28 said:

    I had a 1975 Corvette Orange C3 vetted, 75 I bought in 77 for  79 that's $7,900 the end of the cheap buy vettes basically ever.   It had 11,000 miles on it immaculate garage car a girl had it so for 2 years I had it under a bedspread  -so-  I had to make a choice pamper it or drive it.  I chose drive it !  

    And for 10 more years I drove it, in a few parades, had a lot of fun with it but finally I got tired of storing it every winter so I finally got rid of it.   If I had another garage I would have kept it. I've always liked Chevrolets the most.

    But we're Chrysler people now my wife's last 7+ new cars have been Omnis, Caravans,  96 Intrepid (great car, neighbor kid still driving it), 99 300M fantastic car but my only lease never again.  And we have had some really good Sebrings current one we ordered/got it on 05/05/05 and still going with 85,000 miles.....hey we're retired  !

    Plus my C-10, Austin Healy Mk III,  motorcycles,  I've always been a Motorhead.    😁

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    Oh so I'm kind of the cover for your mid life possessions that you just must  have......ahhhh I'll pass on that one.    😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Chryslers are junk.

    Agreed.  I got a PT Cruiser with 33K miles.  I change oil religiously.  Do it myself.  I've got a spreadsheet with the cars' info (drain plug size & location, oil filter part # and location, proper oil viscosity, you name it) one of it's 4 fuckin' cylinders quit at 61,000 miles.  POS

    @orion said:

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    Agreed.  I got a PT Cruiser with 33K miles.  I change oil religiously.  Do it myself.  I've got a spreadsheet with the cars' info (drain plug size & location, oil filter part # and location, proper oil viscosity, you name it) one of it's 4 fuckin' cylinders quit at 61,000 miles.  POS

    PT Cruiser eh, . We had a 92 Caravan V6 that we sold to my brother the odometer ended up with 240,000 when he sold it.

    Our current Sebring ordered from the plant laid out in 2005, still running well in 2022 with about 85,000 on it.

    Our 96 Intrepid with the good Mitsubishi 3.0 engine is still running,  looks like a classic car.

    I can honestly say that we've had NO lemons in all 8 or so we've had.....and we sold to friends/ family  with NO  complaints,  zero.  Nothing but good stories. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    Oh so I'm kind of the cover for your mid life possessions that you just must  have......ahhhh I'll pass on that one.    😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh so I'm kind of the cover for your mid life possessions that you just must  have......ahhhh I'll pass on that one.    😆

    Nope, at 75+ we're talking end life possessions. ?? 

    I've already tried my best shot by telling her what my Mom said about my Dad when he died. Every other year after he retired he would buy a new car and trade in the one prior as part of the deal. My Mom would give him holy hell every two years about this little foible. When he died at 78 she asked herself why she had to be so hard on him about getting that new car each time when in fact he could afford far more than one every two years. She regretted not just leaving him alone about it. But that dog don't hunt with my wife, so I need new material.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm inviting you down to convince my wife that I "need" a new Miata Mx-5 to keep me off of motorcycles. She refuses to drive 2 seater.?

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Chryslers are junk.

    Agreed.  I got a PT Cruiser with 33K miles.  I change oil religiously.  Do it myself.  I've got a spreadsheet with the cars' info (drain plug size & location, oil filter part # and location, proper oil viscosity, you name it) one of it's 4 fuckin' cylinders quit at 61,000 miles.  POS

    @orion said:

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    See my reply to mjp28 above.?

  • @orion said:

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    See my reply to mjp28 above.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    See my reply to mjp28 above.?

    I think the Mazda Miatas are a really nice and relatively affordable fun little car. The 2022 MSRP is $27,650, truly affordable. 

    I think the 2022 Chevrolet Corvette  starting about $62,295 is the best American made sportscaster in the world.....if you can get one.  Used C7s are going for $100,000 +/-. Even the 2022 Corvette z06 MSRP is from about $90,000 if you can find one.....or just buy three Miatas and keep the change.   😉 

    Blanket show cars or a fun daily driver it's up to you.....but i love the vettes, always will.

    2022-corvette-1yc07-2lt-gkz-trimselector.png

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh so I'm kind of the cover for your mid life possessions that you just must  have......ahhhh I'll pass on that one.    😆

    Nope, at 75+ we're talking end life possessions. ?? 

    I've already tried my best shot by telling her what my Mom said about my Dad when he died. Every other year after he retired he would buy a new car and trade in the one prior as part of the deal. My Mom would give him holy hell every two years about this little foible. When he died at 78 she asked herself why she had to be so hard on him about getting that new car each time when in fact he could afford far more than one every two years. She regretted not just leaving him alone about it. But that dog don't hunt with my wife, so I need new material.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nope, at 75+ we're talking end life possessions. ?? 

    I've already tried my best shot by telling her what my Mom said about my Dad when he died. Every other year after he retired he would buy a new car and trade in the one prior as part of the deal. My Mom would give him holy hell every two years about this little foible. When he died at 78 she asked herself why she had to be so hard on him about getting that new car each time when in fact he could afford far more than one every two years. She regretted not just leaving him alone about it. But that dog don't hunt with my wife, so I need new material.?

    Yes that mid life thing is a strange number mathematically it's about 40, in your wallet it's 50-60ish realistically it all depends on you.

    When I bought my vette it was thought out but a bit impulsive and opportunistic.  I was 26 single working down the mill 6-7 days a week and $OT I happened to see this 1975 Corvette in the paper asking price $7,900 (new it was about the same).  Saw it, took it for a ride, something told me buy it now you might never see another one like it.  I was right.

    The following year I bought my first and only new 4 wheeled vehicle my $4,180 out the door Chevrolet C10 straight 6 shortbed pickup my daily driver for the next decade plus. Already had my used $1,600 HONDA 740 Four so I was set.   All done very affordability the vette was paid off in about 2 years with OT money. 

    You don't want to be that 60+ year old dude with sunglasses in his first dream car, that started when I was 18.....affordability.   😁. 

    But a 2022 Corvette z06, oh yeah !

    ...... edit add,  53 years ago today I started at US Steel, 06/05/69 with one year at YSU already in it changed my life.   😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    See my reply to mjp28 above.?

    I think the Mazda Miatas are a really nice and relatively affordable fun little car. The 2022 MSRP is $27,650, truly affordable. 

    I think the 2022 Chevrolet Corvette  starting about $62,295 is the best American made sportscaster in the world.....if you can get one.  Used C7s are going for $100,000 +/-. Even the 2022 Corvette z06 MSRP is from about $90,000 if you can find one.....or just buy three Miatas and keep the change.   😉 

    Blanket show cars or a fun daily driver it's up to you.....but i love the vettes, always will.

    2022-corvette-1yc07-2lt-gkz-trimselector.png

    @mjp28 said:

    I think the Mazda Miatas are a really nice and relatively affordable fun little car. The 2022 MSRP is $27,650, truly affordable. 

    .................. just buy three Miatas and keep the change.   😉

    Yeah, I tried that ploy too of how much a Vette is and how cheap another fun car can be like the Miata.

    Got me to the same place as all my other efforts..................................nada.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    I think the Mazda Miatas are a really nice and relatively affordable fun little car. The 2022 MSRP is $27,650, truly affordable. 

    .................. just buy three Miatas and keep the change.   😉

    Yeah, I tried that ploy too of how much a Vette is and how cheap another fun car can be like the Miata.

    Got me to the same place as all my other efforts..................................nada.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah, I tried that ploy too of how much a Vette is and how cheap another fun car can be like the Miata.

    Got me to the same place as all my other efforts..................................nada.?

    Safer than motorcycles  ?  Eh ?  Maybe  ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah, I tried that ploy too of how much a Vette is and how cheap another fun car can be like the Miata.

    Got me to the same place as all my other efforts..................................nada.?

    Safer than motorcycles  ?  Eh ?  Maybe  ?

    @mjp28 said:

    Safer than motorcycles  ?  Eh ?  Maybe  ?

    I never kid myself about that. You can hit a tree at 30 mph in a Miata and get out without a scratch since they are well built for top scores in crash tests. But hit the same tree at the same speed with a motorcycle.......................you're a goner or a living vegetable.

    https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/a-safety-high-five-for-popular-sports-car-mazda-mx-5

  • @mjp28 said:

    I think the Mazda Miatas are a really nice and relatively affordable fun little car. The 2022 MSRP is $27,650, truly affordable. 

    .................. just buy three Miatas and keep the change.   😉

    Yeah, I tried that ploy too of how much a Vette is and how cheap another fun car can be like the Miata.

    Got me to the same place as all my other efforts..................................nada.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think the Mazda Miatas are a really nice and relatively affordable fun little car. The 2022 MSRP is $27,650, truly affordable. 

    .................. just buy three Miatas and keep the change.

    Nothing selling for MSRP nowadays.  Add 5 thousand or more.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Safer than motorcycles  ?  Eh ?  Maybe  ?

    I never kid myself about that. You can hit a tree at 30 mph in a Miata and get out without a scratch since they are well built for top scores in crash tests. But hit the same tree at the same speed with a motorcycle.......................you're a goner or a living vegetable.

    https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/a-safety-high-five-for-popular-sports-car-mazda-mx-5

    @texasag1969 said:

    I never kid myself about that. You can hit a tree at 30 mph in a Miata and get out without a scratch since they are well built for top scores in crash tests. But hit the same tree at the same speed with a motorcycle.......................you're a goner or a living vegetable.

    https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/a-safety-high-five-for-popular-sports-car-mazda-mx-5

    My first bike was a 500R. In 2005, I was 15 & 1/2 getting ready to turn 16.  In Ohio you can get a motorcycle endorsement before you can get a car license.  Helped I grew up riding, though a YZ125 is worlds different from any bike on a street for various reasons. 

    Very liberating feeling - riding at any age.  Different times back then, because what concerned me the most were deer, drunks, random gravel or rocks on the road.   Ending up moving out of that pursuit after a few years. 

    Got back on a bike, my late brothers CBR6, about 4 years ago for a quick test spin.   I'd be willing to say half the vehicles I passed had their eyes down at their phones and drifting left of center.  Others hardly saw me until I either passed them or at stops.    Smart phones and people who can't keep them out of their hands for 10 minutes are the greatest danger now.     I miss it, but I'd never go back after that revelation.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I never kid myself about that. You can hit a tree at 30 mph in a Miata and get out without a scratch since they are well built for top scores in crash tests. But hit the same tree at the same speed with a motorcycle.......................you're a goner or a living vegetable.

    https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/a-safety-high-five-for-popular-sports-car-mazda-mx-5

    My first bike was a 500R. In 2005, I was 15 & 1/2 getting ready to turn 16.  In Ohio you can get a motorcycle endorsement before you can get a car license.  Helped I grew up riding, though a YZ125 is worlds different from any bike on a street for various reasons. 

    Very liberating feeling - riding at any age.  Different times back then, because what concerned me the most were deer, drunks, random gravel or rocks on the road.   Ending up moving out of that pursuit after a few years. 

    Got back on a bike, my late brothers CBR6, about 4 years ago for a quick test spin.   I'd be willing to say half the vehicles I passed had their eyes down at their phones and drifting left of center.  Others hardly saw me until I either passed them or at stops.    Smart phones and people who can't keep them out of their hands for 10 minutes are the greatest danger now.     I miss it, but I'd never go back after that revelation.

    @tiamat63 said:

    My first bike was a 500R. In 2005, I was 15 & 1/2 getting ready to turn 16.  In Ohio you can get a motorcycle endorsement before you can get a car license.  Helped I grew up riding, though a YZ125 is worlds different from any bike on a street for various reasons. 

    Very liberating feeling - riding at any age.  Different times back then, because what concerned me the most were deer, drunks, random gravel or rocks on the road.   Ending up moving out of that pursuit after a few years. 

    Got back on a bike, my late brothers CBR6, about 4 years ago for a quick test spin.  Now? I'd be willing to say half the vehicles I passed had their eyes down at their phones and drifting left of center.  Others hardly saw me until I either passed them or at stops.    Smart phones and people who can't keep them out of their hands for 10 minutes are the greatest danger now.     I miss it, but I'd never go back after that revelation.

    How true !  Distracted drivers can and do injure and kill other drivers   -and-   can be 9x worse for us bike riders.  

    I rode for 10+ years do I miss it, yes but after I met my wife it just didn't seem worth the risk like before.   These Distracted Drivers are scary.

    Great memories, still there.   I do miss trail riding and hill climbing and long rides on country roads like where I grew up. 

    Get on my bike on a Saturday or Sunday morning and just go ........   

  • @orion said:

    I'll sign the petition!  🙂  A car guy buddy of mine loves his Miatas.   (Mrs. Wife refuses to drive my vette....I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with that)  🙂

    Agreed.  I got a PT Cruiser with 33K miles.  I change oil religiously.  Do it myself.  I've got a spreadsheet with the cars' info (drain plug size & location, oil filter part # and location, proper oil viscosity, you name it) one of it's 4 fuckin' cylinders quit at 61,000 miles.  POS

    PT Cruiser eh, . We had a 92 Caravan V6 that we sold to my brother the odometer ended up with 240,000 when he sold it.

    Our current Sebring ordered from the plant laid out in 2005, still running well in 2022 with about 85,000 on it.

    Our 96 Intrepid with the good Mitsubishi 3.0 engine is still running,  looks like a classic car.

    I can honestly say that we've had NO lemons in all 8 or so we've had.....and we sold to friends/ family  with NO  complaints,  zero.  Nothing but good stories. 

    @mjp28 said:

    I can honestly say that we've had NO lemons in all 8 or so we've had.

    A guy that works across the hall is a Dodge (and by extension, Chrysler) guy.  He's got as many cars as I have guitars.  He's in the process of buying an old Dart because he needs some of the parts.  He loves 'em.   He's got a baby blue Challenger that he bought new probably 7 years ago and only has 1100 miles.  He likes Corvettes too, had 2 or 3 over the years but doesn't currently have one.

    My Miata friend has about 6 cars.  Usually has a couple of Miatas and a couple of Mustangs.  Me, I've only got the Vette, Mercedes E350 and Mrs. Wife's Crosstrek.  And a bunch of guitars 🙂

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I never kid myself about that. You can hit a tree at 30 mph in a Miata and get out without a scratch since they are well built for top scores in crash tests. But hit the same tree at the same speed with a motorcycle.......................you're a goner or a living vegetable.

    https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/a-safety-high-five-for-popular-sports-car-mazda-mx-5

    My first bike was a 500R. In 2005, I was 15 & 1/2 getting ready to turn 16.  In Ohio you can get a motorcycle endorsement before you can get a car license.  Helped I grew up riding, though a YZ125 is worlds different from any bike on a street for various reasons. 

    Very liberating feeling - riding at any age.  Different times back then, because what concerned me the most were deer, drunks, random gravel or rocks on the road.   Ending up moving out of that pursuit after a few years. 

    Got back on a bike, my late brothers CBR6, about 4 years ago for a quick test spin.   I'd be willing to say half the vehicles I passed had their eyes down at their phones and drifting left of center.  Others hardly saw me until I either passed them or at stops.    Smart phones and people who can't keep them out of their hands for 10 minutes are the greatest danger now.     I miss it, but I'd never go back after that revelation.

    @tiamat63 said:

    My first bike was a 500R. In 2005, I was 15 & 1/2 getting ready to turn 16.  In Ohio you can get a motorcycle endorsement before you can get a car license.  Helped I grew up riding, though a YZ125 is worlds different from any bike on a street for various reasons. 

    Very liberating feeling - riding at any age.  Different times back then, because what concerned me the most were deer, drunks, random gravel or rocks on the road.   Ending up moving out of that pursuit after a few years. 

    Got back on a bike, my late brothers CBR6, about 4 years ago for a quick test spin.   I'd be willing to say half the vehicles I passed had their eyes down at their phones and drifting left of center.  Others hardly saw me until I either passed them or at stops.    Smart phones and people who can't keep them out of their hands for 10 minutes are the greatest danger now.     I miss it, but I'd never go back after that revelation.

    I started on back country roads from our grandparents home on my brother's two speed Moped. Learned on sandy roads and pea gravel infested blacktop.  Sold my last one at around 60 years old, that Honda VFR 800 with linked braking system. That thing could beat any car on the road 0-100, but had high enough windscreen to keep most rain at bay well enough with a rainsuit and full helmet. Also a small pocket of warm air coming up from the engine during winter rides. Sure hated to let it go, but good sense prevailed as traffic had become much heavier/crazier those last 10 years of riding. And if you did not pay attention to the fact you are invisible to other drivers at all times, then you were just a fatality awaiting a date.

    But I have to admit that riding that thing to it's limits now and again was like having an extension of myself well tuned in to my brain & body. In that way it was very much like the skydiving I did in my 20's. I miss them both. My wife does not get that any more than she gets why I'd love driving a Miata. Does not compute with Miss Cautious. I ask her how she expects to be married to an old knight if she won't let me have a Rocinante to ride. I was trying to appeal to the English teacher in her.??

  • I can relate to you Miata guys for years I had a used 1966 Austin Healy Mk III a nice fun sports car to take to the park or I'd take it to work or school. 

    My buddy had a small car lot I passed on the way home everyday on route 422 in McKinley Heights one day it's in front $600 OK I had to stop......first question was what's wrong with it ?

    He said it had a bad syncro going into 2nd and needed minor repairs like the exhaust.   Hmmmm, no problem on the syncro just keep your hand on the big shifter knob until you hit 3rd.  I bought it $600  was very fair.  Smith gauges, toggle switches, very English.  Had a ball with it for many years. The exhaust was touchy but I fixed it.

    My grandmother didn't drive anymore,  no car so I left it in her driveway to look like someone was home.  I always had several vehicles and bikes and a barn.  

    Nice memories. 

  • I can relate to you Miata guys for years I had a used 1966 Austin Healy Mk III a nice fun sports car to take to the park or I'd take it to work or school. 

    My buddy had a small car lot I passed on the way home everyday on route 422 in McKinley Heights one day it's in front $600 OK I had to stop......first question was what's wrong with it ?

    He said it had a bad syncro going into 2nd and needed minor repairs like the exhaust.   Hmmmm, no problem on the syncro just keep your hand on the big shifter knob until you hit 3rd.  I bought it $600  was very fair.  Smith gauges, toggle switches, very English.  Had a ball with it for many years. The exhaust was touchy but I fixed it.

    My grandmother didn't drive anymore,  no car so I left it in her driveway to look like someone was home.  I always had several vehicles and bikes and a barn.  

    Nice memories. 

    @mjp28 said:

    I can relate to you Miata guys for years I had a used 1966 Austin Healy Mk III a nice fun sports car to take to the park or I'd take it to work or school. 

    My buddy had a small car lot I passed on the way home everyday on route 422 in McKinley Heights one day it's in front $600 OK I had to stop......first question was what's wrong with it ?

    He said it had a bad syncro going into 2nd and needed minor repairs like the exhaust.   Hmmmm, no problem on the syncro just keep your hand on the big shifter knob until you hit 3rd.  I bought it $600  was very fair.  Smith gauges, toggle switches, very English.  Had a ball with it for many years. The exhaust was touchy but I fixed it.

    My grandmother didn't drive anymore,  no car so I left it in her driveway to look like someone was home.  I always had several vehicles and bikes and a barn.  

    Nice memories. 

    A college roommate I had for summer school one summer had a Austin Healey 3000 (I think about a 1960 or 61). We took it on  great trip down to Galveston a couple of days where we trolled up and down the seawall looking at eye candy in the waves.??

  • @mjp28 said:

    I can relate to you Miata guys for years I had a used 1966 Austin Healy Mk III a nice fun sports car to take to the park or I'd take it to work or school. 

    My buddy had a small car lot I passed on the way home everyday on route 422 in McKinley Heights one day it's in front $600 OK I had to stop......first question was what's wrong with it ?

    He said it had a bad syncro going into 2nd and needed minor repairs like the exhaust.   Hmmmm, no problem on the syncro just keep your hand on the big shifter knob until you hit 3rd.  I bought it $600  was very fair.  Smith gauges, toggle switches, very English.  Had a ball with it for many years. The exhaust was touchy but I fixed it.

    My grandmother didn't drive anymore,  no car so I left it in her driveway to look like someone was home.  I always had several vehicles and bikes and a barn.  

    Nice memories. 

    A college roommate I had for summer school one summer had a Austin Healey 3000 (I think about a 1960 or 61). We took it on  great trip down to Galveston a couple of days where we trolled up and down the seawall looking at eye candy in the waves.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    A college roommate I had for summer school one summer had a Austin Healey 3000 (I think about a 1960 or 61). We took it on  great trip down to Galveston a couple of days where we trolled up and down the seawall looking at eye candy in the waves.??

    1966 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III Convertible.   $38,950.  negotiable

    White, black interior I paid $600 about 1972 +/- (I was 21) needed minor repairs.   OMG.  I also saw one $7,900.  Oh I was in Galveston in 1978 for a job interview in Baytown,  TX with USS, had a crappy Chrysler K car rental.  Interesting trip, I turned them down.

    My buddy had a green one, same car.  Great memories.  🙂

    67292396.jpg