Top gun Maverick official review
-
agree with yours and Tex's from the other thread - this is a good movie BETTER on emax imax what have you...
-
Can stand Cruise and his Scientology religion. He's a strange dude.
-
And keep in mind what my cream of the crop graduated 1st in his Weapons (AF Top Gun) School AF Fighter pilot friend said, that there is no made up doctoring of what it is actually like to run these planes through canyons, mountains, etc. I asked him what name he had been given when he was a squadron commander and he replied, "My squadron tried to call me Duck, because I told them if they embarrassed the squadron I’d be in them like a duck in a June bug. But, after I lopped off a couple heads it seemed to go away. Otherwise, I never had one." As you can see he was pretty demanding of perfection from the pilots under his command. Like Maverick he wanted them all to be as good as he was, a near impossible task.
And here are some scenes from all the trailers put together in youtube. It gives nothing away, but will make you want to see this movie if you have not already. I now plan to go to Austin to see it in IMAX. It's that good now that I know all the filming was realistic.
-
Steve and tex are right, I think - I have to go see it on IMAX if I can find one showing it........
-
So, yesterday - we went with a close friend - (her husband died of covid a year and a half ago) - we were playing cards and decided we'd go to the indoor theater and see this movie.
Nice super comfortable lean back chairs - with motorized footrests. Not like the old days. lol.
This movie is spectacular. 2 hrs went by in about oh, 45 minutes. What a WILD ride. What impressed me outside of the
dramatic flights - was the human interest stories all over the movie - never a boring second, not even in a quiet moment.
And there were some great funny parts. One was when Maverick flew a test run that the commander considered impossible (after kicking him out and becoming the mission teacher), he succeeded! and the po'd commander just stood there, and one of the staff running a monitor yelled out something smartass to the commander, something like, "I guess he showed you".... and realized too late what he just did.
I cracked up at that one.
There were beautiful moments, really funny moments, different emotional moments - a lot of them - and the action was fascinating.
After the movie was over, everybody jumped up and headed for the bathrooms - nobody wanted to miss a minute of the movie, it was that great.
Ten years in the making - wow.
-
Tinseltown or Cinemark bistro?
I like the bistro but the food is not that good and way overpriced.
WSS
-
Tinseltown or Cinemark bistro?
I like the bistro but the food is not that good and way overpriced.
WSS
Tinseltown or Cinemark bistro?
I like the bistro but the food is not that good and way overpriced.
WSS
Tinseltown. Maybe later we'll go see the Jurassic movie.
-
Tinseltown or Cinemark bistro?
I like the bistro but the food is not that good and way overpriced.
WSS
Tinseltown. Maybe later we'll go see the Jurassic movie.
-
So, yesterday - we went with a close friend - (her husband died of covid a year and a half ago) - we were playing cards and decided we'd go to the indoor theater and see this movie.
Nice super comfortable lean back chairs - with motorized footrests. Not like the old days. lol.
This movie is spectacular. 2 hrs went by in about oh, 45 minutes. What a WILD ride. What impressed me outside of the
dramatic flights - was the human interest stories all over the movie - never a boring second, not even in a quiet moment.
And there were some great funny parts. One was when Maverick flew a test run that the commander considered impossible (after kicking him out and becoming the mission teacher), he succeeded! and the po'd commander just stood there, and one of the staff running a monitor yelled out something smartass to the commander, something like, "I guess he showed you".... and realized too late what he just did.
I cracked up at that one.
There were beautiful moments, really funny moments, different emotional moments - a lot of them - and the action was fascinating.
After the movie was over, everybody jumped up and headed for the bathrooms - nobody wanted to miss a minute of the movie, it was that great.
Ten years in the making - wow.
So, yesterday - we went with a close friend - (her husband died of covid a year and a half ago) - we were playing cards and decided we'd go to the indoor theater and see this movie.
Nice super comfortable lean back chairs - with motorized footrests. Not like the old days. lol.
This movie is spectacular. 2 hrs went by in about oh, 45 minutes. What a WILD ride. What impressed me outside of the
dramatic flights - was the human interest stories all over the movie - never a boring second, not even in a quiet moment.
And there were some great funny parts. One was when Maverick flew a test run that the commander considered impossible (after kicking him out and becoming the mission teacher), he succeeded! and the po'd commander just stood there, and one of the staff running a monitor yelled out something smartass to the commander, something like, "I guess he showed you".... and realized too late what he just did.
I cracked up at that one.
There were beautiful moments, really funny moments, different emotional moments - a lot of them - and the action was fascinating.
After the movie was over, everybody jumped up and headed for the bathrooms - nobody wanted to miss a minute of the movie, it was that great.
Ten years in the making - wow.
I took one of my kids and all my grandkids to see it in 4D which is really just the same movie except you get wind and sometimes mist in your face and the chairs flip side to side, tilt and untilt and back an forth with the movements of the airplane inside riding scenes. And you "jump" off the carrier with that scene too. They all really loved seeing it that way. The IMAX version was only running late at night, so we went to the 4D instead. I enjoyed it even more than seeing it the first time in regular mode. And listening to grandkids talking about it all the way home was also quite entertaining.?
-
-
Saw it today with the wife. Excellent flick!
That will be hard to top tho the next gen is now in place.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login