Skip to content

Well, I can cross Morphine off My Bucket List

Barber Shop Talk
18 7 974 1
  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #9

    Day 11.. 1.1 miles today. I was told to shoot for day 30 on that goal..

    I see the surgeon again tomorrow. I have a boat load of staples in my back.. Hoping to lose a few πŸ˜‰

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I have had Morphine on a few occasions... A couple were recreational lol... I'll just leave it at that...

  • AxeA Axe

    Day 11.. 1.1 miles today. I was told to shoot for day 30 on that goal..

    I see the surgeon again tomorrow. I have a boat load of staples in my back.. Hoping to lose a few πŸ˜‰

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @axe said:

    Day 11.. 1.1 miles today. I was told to shoot for day 30 on that goal..

    I see the surgeon again tomorrow. I have a boat load of staples in my back.. Hoping to lose a few πŸ˜‰

    how did the dr visit go?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

  • I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @browns149 said:

    I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

    I see one of your interests is Harley Davidson Motorcycles just curious was that a motorcycle deal ?

  • @browns149 said:

    I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

    I see one of your interests is Harley Davidson Motorcycles just curious was that a motorcycle deal ?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mjp28 said:

    I see one of your interests is Harley Davidson Motorcycles just curious was that a motorcycle deal ?

    No. Jumped off a bridge

  • @mjp28 said:

    I see one of your interests is Harley Davidson Motorcycles just curious was that a motorcycle deal ?

    No. Jumped off a bridge

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @browns149 said:

    No. Jumped off a bridge

    Oh,Β  silly me that was my second pick.Β  Β πŸ˜†

  • @axe said:

    Day 11.. 1.1 miles today. I was told to shoot for day 30 on that goal..

    I see the surgeon again tomorrow. I have a boat load of staples in my back.. Hoping to lose a few πŸ˜‰

    how did the dr visit go?

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @hammertime said:

    how did the dr visit go?

    Quick, uneventful.. I see him again tomorrow..

    The last time after a skin cancer surgery my dermatologist stopped while doing the full body check, he looked up and said "Man, you sure are one scarred up old war horse aren't you".. Now I have 8 more stab wounds in my back..Β  It's been a tough, but good life.

  • I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @browns149 said:

    I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

    I have a very high tolerance for pain too, but I was willing to give up my first born to make that kidney stone pain pass.?

  • @browns149 said:

    I shattered my ankle and lower leg in 1990. Have had 8 screws and a 10inch plate and a 3 inch pin in there ever since

    It never bothers me. But when it happened they only gave ibuprofen. Nothing stronger. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain

    I have a very high tolerance for pain too, but I was willing to give up my first born to make that kidney stone pain pass.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @texasag1969 said:

    I have a very high tolerance for pain too, but I was willing to give up my first born to make that kidney stone pain pass.?

    I'm in your club an extremely high natural pain toleranceΒ Β -but-Β Β a few will have you discovering new swear words you never knew before.......kidney stones and kidney infections are two.

    I had gall bladder surgery in 2021 and it was no big deal my surgeon told my wife it was the worst GB she'd ever seen, it was ready to blow.