Skip to content

Direct TV Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max

The Browns Board
22 11 701
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Got an email notice today that they are giving me this all free for the season because of being a long term Direct TV customer.

    Just wondering if anyone else got this email too. It says I don't have to do anything but just tune in to those channels. It will be all set to go.

    No charge and no commitment of any other kind as the price to take it.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Almost sounds too good to be true.   But hey I'd take it. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Poopys!!  Just checked my email.  Nothing.  But they've given it to me for free for the last 2 years for the same reason.

  • Poopys!!  Just checked my email.  Nothing.  But they've given it to me for free for the last 2 years for the same reason.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @orion said:

    Poopys!!  Just checked my email.  Nothing.  But they've given it to me for free for the last 2 years for the same reason.

    Well hopefully this becomes an annual thing for me as well.

  • @orion said:

    Poopys!!  Just checked my email.  Nothing.  But they've given it to me for free for the last 2 years for the same reason.

    Well hopefully this becomes an annual thing for me as well.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #5

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well hopefully this becomes an annual thing for me as well.

    No email for me either... But I'll bet you'll get for free if you call and ask.  🙂  

    As I've been saying, this is the last year for Sunday Ticket on Direct.... And they're not going to be able to afford the NFL's $2 billion a year asking price- plenty of other streaming services can however.  Could we see a bidding war between Apple, Amazon, and Disney?  Stay tuned... According to the article, Direct may even try to sublet the service from the eventual winner. MHO is no Sunday Ticket on Direct, they're dead in the water. No reason for me- or anyone else paying $160 a month for basic satellite service. Interesting that with their deals with CBS and FOX, the NFL won't let the winning bidder use Sunday Ticket as a loss leader... Money grubbing bastards.  🙁  

    FWIW...  https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/amazon-apple-disney-have-reportedly-all-submitted-bids-for-nfl-sunday-ticket-while-directv-may-strike-a-deal-with-the-winner.html

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I had a nice 8-10 year run with Free Ticket. I’d have to negotiate it each year and go through their retention department.  After AT&T took over they were stingy and so I stream now and get all the games and the feed is good. 

    If they are offering take it but I’ll share the streaming service I go through if it doesn’t work out just send me a message 
     

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I was going to start a thread before the season on how to watch games from home if you are out of market. I have never missed a game since moving to Florida and that is without having Sunday Ticket. I also listen to each game on Browns radio.

    I'll put something together during camp.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #8

    i just threated to cancel and get it for free

  • sydS syd

    i just threated to cancel and get it for free

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @syd said:

    i just threated to cancel and get it for free

    Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  😆. 

    Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    ?   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

  • @syd said:

    i just threated to cancel and get it for free

    Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  😆. 

    Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    ?   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  😆. 

    Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    ?   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

    ya especially when are baseball teams suck as for atom i dunno havnt talked to him for awhile 

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  😆. 

    Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    ?   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

    ya especially when are baseball teams suck as for atom i dunno havnt talked to him for awhile 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #11

    @syd said:

    ya especially when are baseball teams suck as for atom i dunno havnt talked to him for awhile 

    I've enjoyed watching the very young Guardians, they're playing some good baseball this year.

    Meanwhile I'm so tired of the daily DW drumbeat this year......can't wait for the August 4 HOF football game this year. 

    GO BROWNS  !

  • @syd said:

    ya especially when are baseball teams suck as for atom i dunno havnt talked to him for awhile 

    I've enjoyed watching the very young Guardians, they're playing some good baseball this year.

    Meanwhile I'm so tired of the daily DW drumbeat this year......can't wait for the August 4 HOF football game this year. 

    GO BROWNS  !

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mjp28 said:

    I've enjoyed watching the very young Guardians this year,   they're playing some good baseball this year.

    Meanwhile I'm so tired of the daily DW drumbeat this year......can't wait for the August 4 HOF football game this year. 

    GO BROWNS  !

    o.k then just the reds suck lol,as far as DW i am sick of the whole thing and wonder if and who they will bring in if DW gets a year

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

    just checked my e-mail and it was there thanks TEX

  • @syd said:

    i just threated to cancel and get it for free

    Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  😆. 

    Can't wait for the camps and preseason football    ?   to start !  It's been a loooong offseason this year.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey syd what's new pal ?  How's ATOM doing ?  😆. 

    ATOM is not gonna like that Syd stole ATOM's avatar....that ATOM stole from Syd...

    ...and I wish they'd take those stupid leaves off of our avatars.  It covers my whole telescope...which ruins the whole avatar.   I'm taking it to the Supreme Court.  On second thought...I'd better not...they'll probably ban the Internet.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Thank you Football Gods!

    Sunday Ticket.png

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Glad it works out for you guys.

    I haven't done the Direct deal because i would only use it for about half the season since I have season tickets.  I also have a sports bar close enough that shows the games.  I enjoy going there to be with a group of people i have gotten to know over the past 20 years.

    I suspect that in another 4-5 years when I will probably dump my tickets, games will be able to be purchased on a straight pay per view basis.  At least that is the hope.  I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games.  I may have bandwagon, passing interest in the falcons and Titans because I live between both of those markets, so I can watch either of those games on a weekly basis if I wish.  Other than the Browns, i don't really care all that much.  I prefer SEC college football.  I can watch that all day on Saturday.  Maybe not so much Vandy, but I can watch all of the teams and come up with some rooting interest.

  • Glad it works out for you guys.

    I haven't done the Direct deal because i would only use it for about half the season since I have season tickets.  I also have a sports bar close enough that shows the games.  I enjoy going there to be with a group of people i have gotten to know over the past 20 years.

    I suspect that in another 4-5 years when I will probably dump my tickets, games will be able to be purchased on a straight pay per view basis.  At least that is the hope.  I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games.  I may have bandwagon, passing interest in the falcons and Titans because I live between both of those markets, so I can watch either of those games on a weekly basis if I wish.  Other than the Browns, i don't really care all that much.  I prefer SEC college football.  I can watch that all day on Saturday.  Maybe not so much Vandy, but I can watch all of the teams and come up with some rooting interest.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ballpeen said:

      I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games. 

    That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

  • @ballpeen said:

      I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games. 

    That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #18

    @orion said:

    That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

    I have pretty much always been that way with pro football.  My team is the Browns. I don't have a strong enough rooting interest to spend much time watching other teams. Like I said, I have a passing interest in the Falcons and Titans because I live about 100 miles from each of Nashville and Atlanta.If they are doing well, I jump on the wagon.  Both games get TV air time, coverage on the local sports telecast, and coverage in the newspaper. As a young guy I liked the Raiders of the AFL, but once the leagues merged, that slowly faded away.  The SEC is a different deal.  I can sit and watch Auburn v Miss St. or some other random game. I can always find some reason to root for one over the other, and it can change year to year.

  • @ballpeen said:

      I don't care about getting every NFL game if I want.  I just care about Browns games. 

    That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @orion said:

    That's the camp I'm in.  Up until recently, I'd watch a Browns game and be so disgusted and depressed I wouldn't watch any more football.  

    I know that since I stopped playing fantasy football, watching non-Browns games has become less of an interest for me, unless it is a AFC North game. 

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Just FYI, and YMMV of course. 

    I called Directv last year because my new house genuinely doesn't allow Directv in our neighborhood. I read online if that's the case you can get the streaming service and not have to get directv. When I called and said as much, they instantly said "no problem, let's make an account to get you on the streaming service". I asked if they needed my address or any info to verify and they said no. There's that website that you can use to 'check' if you qualify for the streaming plan (and again, not having to buy directv as a TV service) and it almost always says you don't qualify. I'd give calling a shot if you're in that boat.