Skip to content

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

College Football Forum
9 4 1.2k
  • Jesus Christ.  No. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-06-30/usc-ucla-are-negotiating-to-leave-the-pac-12-for-the-big-ten

    Hey Woody, do you subscribe to the LA Times ?  But the $1 for 6 months is dirt cheap.  I don't really like having tons of random subscriptions all over that will go *poof* one day and do the auto thing.   I just got on a WSJ subscription and I'm not immediately sure why.  😆

    Now UCLA, USC going east just shows what a weak mess the PAC has become. 

    And when I think UCLA, USC, somewhat UW, ORE it reminds me of the old Rose Bowl and other games.  Plus the former great USC/ND matchups.  Great individual games but as a B10, B12, B16 where have the rivalries gone.  Not good for B10 regional classic matchups MST/M, IND/PUR and others whichcan get left out. 

    I'm still an old and familiar guy not a B16   "have we played lately"?     "ever"?   person.  Now I do understand the economics of some of these B16 arrangements  but there can be a downside for some teams.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-06-30/usc-ucla-are-negotiating-to-leave-the-pac-12-for-the-big-ten

    Hey Woody, do you subscribe to the LA Times ?  But the $1 for 6 months is dirt cheap.  I don't really like having tons of random subscriptions all over that will go *poof* one day and do the auto thing.   I just got on a WSJ subscription and I'm not immediately sure why.  😆

    Now UCLA, USC going east just shows what a weak mess the PAC has become. 

    And when I think UCLA, USC, somewhat UW, ORE it reminds me of the old Rose Bowl and other games.  Plus the former great USC/ND matchups.  Great individual games but as a B10, B12, B16 where have the rivalries gone.  Not good for B10 regional classic matchups MST/M, IND/PUR and others whichcan get left out. 

    I'm still an old and familiar guy not a B16   "have we played lately"?     "ever"?   person.  Now I do understand the economics of some of these B16 arrangements  but there can be a downside for some teams.  

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey Woody, do you subscribe to the LA Times ?  But the $1 for 6 months is dirt cheap.  I don't really like having tons of random subscriptions all over that will go *poof* one day and do the auto thing.   I just got on a WSJ subscription and I'm not immediately sure why.  😆

    Now UCLA, USC going east just shows what a weak mess the PAC has become. 

    And when I think UCLA, USC, somewhat UW, ORE it reminds me of the old Rose Bowl and other games.  Plus the former great USC/ND matchups.  Great individual games but as a B10, B12, B16 where have the rivalries gone.  Not good for B10 regional classic matchups MST/M, IND/PUR and others whichcan get left out. 

    I'm still an old and familiar guy not a B16   "have we played lately"?     "ever"?   person.  Now I do understand the economics of some of these B16 arrangements  but there can be a downside for some teams.  

    No I don't haha. I just wanted a link as a source and that came up first. 

    It's not stopping at 16 though

    Brett McMurphy@Brett_McMurphy
    USC & UCLA move to Big Ten should be completed by Friday & Big Ten may not stop at 16, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ. Big 12 may get aggressive & look to add Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado & Utah. “We’re headed to super conferences,” source said

    actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/usc-ucla…

    Happy we're still taking high academic schools. Here are some remaining AAU options:

    Duke, GA Tech, Stanford, 'Zona, Cal, Colorado, Kansas, UNC, Oregon, Pitt, Utah, Virginia, and Washington

    Maybe we can kick out Nebraska?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hey Woody, do you subscribe to the LA Times ?  But the $1 for 6 months is dirt cheap.  I don't really like having tons of random subscriptions all over that will go *poof* one day and do the auto thing.   I just got on a WSJ subscription and I'm not immediately sure why.  😆

    Now UCLA, USC going east just shows what a weak mess the PAC has become. 

    And when I think UCLA, USC, somewhat UW, ORE it reminds me of the old Rose Bowl and other games.  Plus the former great USC/ND matchups.  Great individual games but as a B10, B12, B16 where have the rivalries gone.  Not good for B10 regional classic matchups MST/M, IND/PUR and others whichcan get left out. 

    I'm still an old and familiar guy not a B16   "have we played lately"?     "ever"?   person.  Now I do understand the economics of some of these B16 arrangements  but there can be a downside for some teams.  

    No I don't haha. I just wanted a link as a source and that came up first. 

    It's not stopping at 16 though

    Brett McMurphy@Brett_McMurphy
    USC & UCLA move to Big Ten should be completed by Friday & Big Ten may not stop at 16, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ. Big 12 may get aggressive & look to add Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado & Utah. “We’re headed to super conferences,” source said

    actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/usc-ucla…

    Happy we're still taking high academic schools. Here are some remaining AAU options:

    Duke, GA Tech, Stanford, 'Zona, Cal, Colorado, Kansas, UNC, Oregon, Pitt, Utah, Virginia, and Washington

    Maybe we can kick out Nebraska?

    @mld-woody said:

    Maybe we can kick out Nebraska?

    Huh ?  I thought we already did that.      😳

  • it sucks for teams like oregon state and washington state 

  • sydS syd

    it sucks for teams like oregon state and washington state 

    @syd said:

    it sucks for teams like oregon state and washington state 

    Yeah where do they end up ?  Mountain West ? 1-AA ?  

    ~BIG 16~  Inc. football factories,  after the biggest money matchups how often do some of those schools see each other ?  Every 3, 4, 5 years ?

    Rah-rah,  ahhh who are you again ?    😕

  • @syd said:

    it sucks for teams like oregon state and washington state 

    Yeah where do they end up ?  Mountain West ? 1-AA ?  

    ~BIG 16~  Inc. football factories,  after the biggest money matchups how often do some of those schools see each other ?  Every 3, 4, 5 years ?

    Rah-rah,  ahhh who are you again ?    😕

    @mjp28 said:

    Yeah where do they end up ?  Mountain West ? 1-AA ?  

    ~BIG 16~  Inc. football factories,  after the biggest money matchups how often do some of those schools see each other ?  Every 3, 4, 5 years ?

    Rah-rah,  ahhh who are you again ?    😕

    so far its all just hearsay maybe the acc could get involved the big 12 hell i dont know you may find out before i do

  • damn primetime is gonna coach the buffalos could make the pac 12 even more interesting being that they looked better this year