Skip to content

Baker to Carolina

The Browns Board
952 57 39.9k 1
  • @skippinturtles said:

    Lighten up, dude.

    I think we would all take it…but we’ve handed out our cash and he comes with a large new contract.  We are looking at complementary pieces, draft gems or vets chasing rings…notwithstanding our pursuit of Clowney. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I think we would all take it…but we’ve handed out our cash and he comes with a large new contract.  We are looking at complementary pieces, draft gems or vets chasing rings…notwithstanding our pursuit of Clowney. 

    Cooper can't carry the WR corps.   This team is built to win now.  Bring him in for a year and see how he fits.  I'm guessing nice.

  • Speaking of gossip, I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet on the forums

    Fun Conspiracy Theory on why no deal for Baker yet.

  • Speaking of gossip, I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet on the forums

    Fun Conspiracy Theory on why no deal for Baker yet.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Speaking of gossip, I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet on the forums

    Fun Conspiracy Theory on why no deal for Baker yet.

    I think Charlie Weiss is spreading this gossip/gospel. He hates what we did and comments on it regularly.  
     

    This theory while believable just takes one crack…a team loses a starter, doesn’t get the guy they wanted in the draft and then a coach and GM on a potential hot seat figures losing a 2023 second round pick is nothing just staying afloat with Baker and a .500 record works as a stop gap and keeps jobs. Sounds like Carolina. 

  • Speaking of gossip, I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet on the forums

    Fun Conspiracy Theory on why no deal for Baker yet.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Speaking of gossip, I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet on the forums

    Fun Conspiracy Theory on why no deal for Baker yet.

    Heard to say anything's impossible. They are most certainly a bunch of weasels.

    WSS

  • Tom Brady just saved Tom'ba Bay 9M in cap space. Bruce Arians moved to a FO job in TB..

    this *could be* falling into place? https://www.the33rdteam.com/draft-day-trades-we-would-like-to-see/

    Tampa will soon sit with 9M to pay Baker & sign their 2022 draft class.. stay tuned

  • Hopefully a Draft trade concerning one Baker Mayfield happens, and we can officially end the Mayfield Era.

    I can only concentrate on one drama-riddled starting Browns QB at a time. 

  • Hopefully a Draft trade concerning one Baker Mayfield happens, and we can officially end the Mayfield Era.

    I can only concentrate on one drama-riddled starting Browns QB at a time. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hopefully a Draft trade concerning one Baker Mayfield happens, and we can officially end the Mayfield Era.

    I can only concentrate on one drama-riddled starting Browns QB at a time. 

    Almost time to break out the Browns t-shirt with twenty some odd QBs on it. I've lost count.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Hopefully a Draft trade concerning one Baker Mayfield happens, and we can officially end the Mayfield Era.

    I can only concentrate on one drama-riddled starting Browns QB at a time. 

    Almost time to break out the Browns t-shirt with twenty some odd QBs on it. I've lost count.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Almost time to break out the Browns t-shirt with twenty some odd QBs on it. I've lost count.?

    Unless I'm mistake, you've only been here since 2014.  Let's not pretend like you actually suffered through the previous 15 seasons.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Almost time to break out the Browns t-shirt with twenty some odd QBs on it. I've lost count.?

    Unless I'm mistake, you've only been here since 2014.  Let's not pretend like you actually suffered through the previous 15 seasons.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Unless I'm mistake, you've only been here since 2014.  Let's not pretend like you actually suffered through the previous 15 seasons.

    Let me say, as someone who did, it was a blast. 

    The "highlight" of the 1999-2014 run actually was what brought TexAg to us - the drafting of one John "Billy" Manziel. I've never been more proud of my team than that night. ?

    Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

  • Nothing like a little Draft Day Drama to spice up a draft with  -0- Day 1 picks.  

    So we BROWNS fans might have something to look forward to before Friday.    😴

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Unless I'm mistake, you've only been here since 2014.  Let's not pretend like you actually suffered through the previous 15 seasons.

    Let me say, as someone who did, it was a blast. 

    The "highlight" of the 1999-2014 run actually was what brought TexAg to us - the drafting of one John "Billy" Manziel. I've never been more proud of my team than that night. ?

    Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

    No idea what you're talking about, sir.  I was at home that night, turning the pages of the Bible like a good Christian boy would.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

    No idea what you're talking about, sir.  I was at home that night, turning the pages of the Bible like a good Christian boy would.

    @tiamat63 said:

    No idea what you're talking about, sir.  I was at home that night, turning the pages of the Bible like a good Christian boy would.

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No idea what you're talking about, sir.  I was at home that night, turning the pages of the Bible like a good Christian boy would.

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

    @dutch-oven said:

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

    And on the 7th day God rested…and watched football.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

    And on the 7th day God rested…and watched football.

    @canton-dawg said:

    And on the 7th day God rested…and watched football.

    Oh no... see, as a lifetime Browns fan, any thought that there is a god has been completely squashed years ago. 

    Plus, I've been told that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

    And on the 7th day God rested…and watched football.

    @canton-dawg said:

    And on the 7th day God rested…and watched football.

    Naturally.   Remember when it was only on Sunday?  Before MNF changed things.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No idea what you're talking about, sir.  I was at home that night, turning the pages of the Bible like a good Christian boy would.

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

    @dutch-oven said:

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon 

    Back in the day, our defense use to rock Zeke 21:31 for eye blacks.  Partly as a tribute to The Replacements.  Anybody that ever made a play would just toss up their hands and go "Ezekiel 21:32... whooo". 

    Good times. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon 

    Back in the day, our defense use to rock Zeke 21:31 for eye blacks.  Partly as a tribute to The Replacements.  Anybody that ever made a play would just toss up their hands and go "Ezekiel 21:32... whooo". 

    Good times. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Back in the day, our defense use to rock Zeke 21:31 for eye blacks.  Partly as a tribute to The Replacements.  Anybody that ever made a play would just toss up their hands and go "Ezekiel 21:32... whooo". 

    Good times. 

    Good times and great memories. 

  • @d-bone said:

    It just keeps getting worse for the lil fella...

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oklahoma-reveals-baker-mayfield-statue-heisman-park-browns-020147003.html

    Yeah, that looks nothing like him, but at least the random guy the statue looks like is decent-looking.

    Unlike the original Lucille Ball statue, which was terrifying.

    lucille ball statue ii.jpg

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Unless I'm mistake, you've only been here since 2014.  Let's not pretend like you actually suffered through the previous 15 seasons.

    Let me say, as someone who did, it was a blast. 

    The "highlight" of the 1999-2014 run actually was what brought TexAg to us - the drafting of one John "Billy" Manziel. I've never been more proud of my team than that night. ?

    Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Let me say, as someone who did, it was a blast. 

    The "highlight" of the 1999-2014 run actually was what brought TexAg to us - the drafting of one John "Billy" Manziel. I've never been more proud of my team than that night. ?

    Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

    I remember when I heard the news that we blew a 1st round draft pick on Brandon Weeden, I kicked a hole into the warehouse door at the company I was working at back then.

    That one holds a special place in my "being pissed off at the Browns" Hall of Fame