Baker to Carolina
-
Well...that shoots a hole in my theory of 'Keep Keenum to start until Watson is allowed to play'. I am just not in phase with the current Browns going-ons apparently.....
Keenum was too expensive. And Brissett is probably a better option too.
What's the difference? No way the Browns will keep him so why would another team give up assets? Except maybe to keep the salary in place for the season. Also the Browns don't want a competent or popular backup in case Watson is suspended or hurt or just sucks. They would really be a laughingstock with a quarterback controversy after everything they threw away to get the guy.
WSS
There are a number of teams still with QB needs and the options left are Winston, Mariota, Baker and a bad QB draft class. For teams like Seattle, Indy and NO…they have pretty decent rosters and should compete with competent QB play.
Baker could be seen as a bridge or he may even be seen as a potential long term starter under a prove it deal. He’s got more incentive than ever to show what he has…teams understand that.
Baker could be seen as a bridge or he may even be seen as a potential long term starter under a prove it deal. He’s got more incentive than ever to show what he has…teams understand that.
That's true. But I don't think incentive to do his best has ever been a problem. Just for my point of view I would like to see him with the Saints because they've had Drew Brees.
WSS
-
Baker could be seen as a bridge or he may even be seen as a potential long term starter under a prove it deal. He’s got more incentive than ever to show what he has…teams understand that.
That's true. But I don't think incentive to do his best has ever been a problem. Just for my point of view I would like to see him with the Saints because they've had Drew Brees.
WSS
That's true. But I don't think incentive to do his best has ever been a problem. Just for my point of view I would like to see him with the Saints because they've had Drew Brees.
WSS
So now that you bring up the Saints…if the Colts rumor is true…you could have two teams after him.
Do you think one team may want him a little more and offer a little more?
-
Well...that shoots a hole in my theory of 'Keep Keenum to start until Watson is allowed to play'. I am just not in phase with the current Browns going-ons apparently.....
Keenum was too expensive. And Brissett is probably a better option too.
What's the difference? No way the Browns will keep him so why would another team give up assets? Except maybe to keep the salary in place for the season. Also the Browns don't want a competent or popular backup in case Watson is suspended or hurt or just sucks. They would really be a laughingstock with a quarterback controversy after everything they threw away to get the guy.
WSS
There are a number of teams still with QB needs and the options left are Winston, Mariota, Baker and a bad QB draft class. For teams like Seattle, Indy and NO…they have pretty decent rosters and should compete with competent QB play.
Baker could be seen as a bridge or he may even be seen as a potential long term starter under a prove it deal. He’s got more incentive than ever to show what he has…teams understand that.
There are a number of teams still with QB needs and the options left are Winston, Mariota, Baker and a bad QB draft class. For teams like Seattle, Indy and NO…they have pretty decent rosters and should compete with competent QB play.
I don't know wtf Atlanta is doing with Matt Ryan? ? He's better than all of them you listed. Atl. sure should not trade him to Nola.... Indy looks to be the better team/better coach/ w/Ryan and has the money to do a deal for Ryan.. I think the hold up with Baker to Colts or anywhere=== Matt Ryan... stay tuned
-
There are a number of teams still with QB needs and the options left are Winston, Mariota, Baker and a bad QB draft class. For teams like Seattle, Indy and NO…they have pretty decent rosters and should compete with competent QB play.
I don't know wtf Atlanta is doing with Matt Ryan? ? He's better than all of them you listed. Atl. sure should not trade him to Nola.... Indy looks to be the better team/better coach/ w/Ryan and has the money to do a deal for Ryan.. I think the hold up with Baker to Colts or anywhere=== Matt Ryan... stay tuned
I don't know wtf Atlanta is doing with Matt Ryan? ? He's better than all of them you listed. Atl. sure should not trade him to Nola.... Indy looks to be the better team/better coach/ w/Ryan and has the money to do a deal for Ryan.. I think the hold up with Baker to Colts or anywhere=== Matt Ryan... stay tuned
Agree Ryan is better but That salary though.
-
That's true. But I don't think incentive to do his best has ever been a problem. Just for my point of view I would like to see him with the Saints because they've had Drew Brees.
WSS
So now that you bring up the Saints…if the Colts rumor is true…you could have two teams after him.
Do you think one team may want him a little more and offer a little more?
So now that you bring up the Saints…if the Colts rumor is true…you could have two teams after him.
Do you think one team may want him a little more and offer a little more?
Could be. I hope so. Not only because it would be beneficial to the Browns to get something in return but it would be nice to know someone liked Baker will enough to spend some money on him and assets. NFL is pretty tight-lipped about what their plans are. I'm just speculating because the Saints are used to having a 6 ft tall quarterback. I don't think Russell Wilson is extremely tall eater.
WSS
-
So now that you bring up the Saints…if the Colts rumor is true…you could have two teams after him.
Do you think one team may want him a little more and offer a little more?
Could be. I hope so. Not only because it would be beneficial to the Browns to get something in return but it would be nice to know someone liked Baker will enough to spend some money on him and assets. NFL is pretty tight-lipped about what their plans are. I'm just speculating because the Saints are used to having a 6 ft tall quarterback. I don't think Russell Wilson is extremely tall eater.
WSS
Could be. I hope so. Not only because it would be beneficial to the Browns to get something in return but it would be nice to know someone liked Baker will enough to spend some money on him and assets. NFL is pretty tight-lipped about what their plans are. I'm just speculating because the Saints are used to having a 6 ft tall quarterback. I don't think Russell Wilson is extremely tall eater.
WSS
The funny thing about some of Watson nut swingers, is they called Baker a midget. I don’t have heart to tell them DW is only an inch taller. ?
-
I would trade Baker to the Canadian Football League - he might be a top 10 QB there.
-
I would trade Baker to the Canadian Football League - he might be a top 10 QB there.
I would trade Baker to the Canadian Football League - he might be a top 10 QB there.
Throw in the keys to a stadium and he might just do it.
-
I would trade Baker to the Canadian Football League - he might be a top 10 QB there.
Throw in the keys to a stadium and he might just do it.
-
So now that you bring up the Saints…if the Colts rumor is true…you could have two teams after him.
Do you think one team may want him a little more and offer a little more?
Could be. I hope so. Not only because it would be beneficial to the Browns to get something in return but it would be nice to know someone liked Baker will enough to spend some money on him and assets. NFL is pretty tight-lipped about what their plans are. I'm just speculating because the Saints are used to having a 6 ft tall quarterback. I don't think Russell Wilson is extremely tall eater.
WSS
Could be. I hope so. Not only because it would be beneficial to the Browns to get something in return but it would be nice to know someone liked Baker will enough to spend some money on him and assets. NFL is pretty tight-lipped about what their plans are. I'm just speculating because the Saints are used to having a 6 ft tall quarterback. I don't think Russell Wilson is extremely tall eater.
WSS
Well, neither the Saints or the Colts have anyone on the roster resembling an NFL starting qb, so they may be interested in Baker on his one year $18 million prove it deal. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith, so their interest may be low.
Any other team that has an interest in Baker knows the Browns can't negotiate out of position of strength. They can't keep Mayfield, and they can't take the cap hit by releasing him either.
-
Could be. I hope so. Not only because it would be beneficial to the Browns to get something in return but it would be nice to know someone liked Baker will enough to spend some money on him and assets. NFL is pretty tight-lipped about what their plans are. I'm just speculating because the Saints are used to having a 6 ft tall quarterback. I don't think Russell Wilson is extremely tall eater.
WSS
Well, neither the Saints or the Colts have anyone on the roster resembling an NFL starting qb, so they may be interested in Baker on his one year $18 million prove it deal. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith, so their interest may be low.
Any other team that has an interest in Baker knows the Browns can't negotiate out of position of strength. They can't keep Mayfield, and they can't take the cap hit by releasing him either.
Well, neither the Saints or the Colts have anyone on the roster resembling an NFL starting qb, so they may be interested in Baker on his one year $18 million prove it deal. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith, so their interest may be low.
Any other team that has an interest in Baker knows the Browns can't negotiate out of position of strength. They can't keep Mayfield, and they can't take the cap hit by releasing him either.
which is why i mentioned brock osweiller
-
I imagine Baker would be happy to go back down south.
-
Well, neither the Saints or the Colts have anyone on the roster resembling an NFL starting qb, so they may be interested in Baker on his one year $18 million prove it deal. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith, so their interest may be low.
Any other team that has an interest in Baker knows the Browns can't negotiate out of position of strength. They can't keep Mayfield, and they can't take the cap hit by releasing him either.
which is why i mentioned brock osweiller
-
-
Don't really care, he threatened to sit out the season with the Browns if he wasn't traded. Looks like the media reports were right that he needs to be humiliated.
-
Playing for Jimmy Haslam isn’t humiliating enough.
Playing like a bottom 10 QB when you were the #1 overall draft pick is humiliating.
-
Playing for Jimmy Haslam isn’t humiliating enough.
Playing like a bottom 10 QB when you were the #1 overall draft pick is humiliating.
Playing like a bottom 10 QB when you were the #1 overall draft pick is humiliating.
Slobbering on the knob of the most sacked QB in his last 2 years is extremely humiliating.
-
Playing like a bottom 10 QB when you were the #1 overall draft pick is humiliating.
Slobbering on the knob of the most sacked QB in his last 2 years is extremely humiliating.
Slobbering on the knob of the most sacked QB in his last 2 years is extremely humiliating.
Projecting your homosexual fantasies again? You have Grindr for that. This is a football forum.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login