Skip to content

Baker to Carolina

The Browns Board
952 57 40.0k 1
  • @orion said:

    You Axed for it.  🙂   Sparkling Burgundy, mahogany body & neck, ebony fretboard, Grover Rotomatic locking tuners, Burstbuster Pro & Burstbuster Pro Plus, mother of pearl inlays, sculpted neckjoint, push/pull pots, Donaldson Blackwing intake, drilled and slotted rotors...oh wait, some of that is my car.  🙂

    I just put it down (again) a few minutes ago.  I've been trying to decide which pickups to put in.  Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, '59's, Antiquities I'd love but they don't come in 4 wire.  But every time I play it I'm thinking to myself, WTH is wrong with 'these' pickups?  And the answer is, Nothing.  They sound freakin' great (to my ear anyhow).

    Les Paul Modern dual - m.png

    Where are the pics of the vette?

    @lodilobo said:

    Where are the pics of the vette?

    Vette.png

    Artisan Strat Framed - med.png

    Strat Black guard.png

  • @nickers said:

    My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

    Of course nickers... Mahomes and Rodgers failed last year...  All time, Kelly, Marino, and Fouts never won...  

    As I always say... "it's better to be lucky than good".  Just ask guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypen and a few other so-so qbs.  

    @hoorta said:

    Of course nickers... Mahomes and Rodgers failed last year...  All time, Kelly, Marino, and Fouts never won...  

    As I always say... "it's better to be lucky than good".  Just ask guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypen and a few other so-so qbs.  

    Using the word "logic" and nickers together is pretty much an exercise of futility, but following his line of thinking, the Browns should never bother drafting, signing or trading for a Hall of Fame Left Tackle again because Joe Thomas never won a Super Bowl. 

  • Oh yes, nothing like a vette.  My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    1975_chevrolet_corvette_16022432328a42a7ce4081975-Corvette-L-82-79.jpg

  • Oh yes, nothing like a vette.  My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    1975_chevrolet_corvette_16022432328a42a7ce4081975-Corvette-L-82-79.jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes, nothing like a vette.  My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    1975_chevrolet_corvette_16022432328a42a7ce4081975-Corvette-L-82-79.jpg

    Over the hill gang cars, lol.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes, nothing like a vette.  My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    1975_chevrolet_corvette_16022432328a42a7ce4081975-Corvette-L-82-79.jpg

    Over the hill gang cars, lol.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Over the hill gang cars, lol.

    Oh yeah old, beat up and bad azz like us !

  • Oh yes, nothing like a vette.  My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    1975_chevrolet_corvette_16022432328a42a7ce4081975-Corvette-L-82-79.jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    Back then I was a Camaro guy.  And quite poor.  I had a 6 cyl camaro, '69 I think, I'd go to the gas station to check the gas and fill the oil.  🙂  Burned and leaked the stuff.  But I DID land a '72 Camaro that didn't have good paint but was pretty nice everywhere else, including the 350 V8.  

    I always respected the vette back then as the American sports car icon that it was.  It was (and is) a staple at LeMans.  But the pencil thinness of it never really appealed to me.  Fast forward to the C5.  A wider stance.  Made all the difference IMO.  And it's stayed that way. 

    Now, they're trying to be a European supercar.  A little too over the top.  They haven't ruined it....but....gimme those symbolic 4 round tail lights any ol' day of the week.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Over the hill gang cars, lol.

      Oh go drift your Impreza.  🙂

  • @hoorta said:

    Of course nickers... Mahomes and Rodgers failed last year...  All time, Kelly, Marino, and Fouts never won...  

    As I always say... "it's better to be lucky than good".  Just ask guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypen and a few other so-so qbs.  

    Using the word "logic" and nickers together is pretty much an exercise of futility, but following his line of thinking, the Browns should never bother drafting, signing or trading for a Hall of Fame Left Tackle again because Joe Thomas never won a Super Bowl. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Using the word "logic" and nickers together is pretty much an exercise of futility, but following his line of thinking, the Browns should never bother drafting, signing or trading for a Hall of Fame Left Tackle again because Joe Thomas never won a Super Bowl. 

    And you should never post....  You're a classless hillbilly POS churl..

  • AxeA Axe

    I'm a JB/59 guy.. Have that combo in probably 15 instruments around here in the studio.. They all have different personalities..

    My Lesters

    21054876_10154554192341511_7304842729521

    25300052_10154803841456511_1778463975919

    51472302_10155657765046511_8692348173072

    117665151_10156984593011511_889192977804

    And what we do..

    https://arielsattic1usa.bandcamp.com/track/hallelujah

    Now back to Baker hoping to wrangle the job from Sam Darnold...

    @axe said:

    My Lesters

    Would you be so kind as to elaborate a little on each?

  • @riffer-x said:

    Well, that's your opinion. I mean, why root for the team if you think they have no shot at a Super Bowl? To each their own. 

    “hoping” to win a SB, and “expecting” to win a SB are two different animals.

    @canton-dawg said:

    “hoping” to win a SB, and “expecting” to win a SB are two different animals.

    As are "expecting" to win a SB and "guaranteeing" two different animals.

    ...unless you're Joe Namath.

  • @fy56 said:

    some consider this a bad investment.

    Unless and until you look at the other option -- and make no mistake there's only 2.

    Keep Baker as the starting QB and you have exactly 0% chance of making the SB.  Winning a SB? Less than 0.  But that failure.. is guaranteed!

    @unsympathetic said:

    Unless and until you look at the other option -- and make no mistake there's only 2.

    Keep Baker as the starting QB and you have exactly 0% chance of making the SB.  Winning a SB? Less than 0.  But that failure.. is guaranteed!

    0% chance? That is illogical. Did you think 0% when he beat Pitt in the playoffs and almost beat KC?

    It's absurd to suggest that Baker has a 0% chance of making it to a SB when you consider all the mediocre QB's that have.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It is insane for a Browns fan to guarantee that with Watson the Browns will win a Super Bowl.

    If you disagree, you haven't been paying attention to Browns football since the Super Bowl began. 

    And I'm more concerned about the price it took to get a QB who is staring down a possible long suspension and who is a PR nightmare, compared to the price that it cost to get a franchise QB. If Watson was just a QB who didn't want to play for the Texans and demanded a trade, sans the sexual abuse allegations, the price to me wouldn't be such a big deal. (Relatively saying, it still is quite a haul to get a QB, but it is what it is. Offer the Bengals three first round picks for Joe Burrow and they would laugh and laugh and laugh, then hang up on you.)

    Now, for the trade to have paid off for the Browns, to make it all worth it, yes, I agree, the Browns need to win a Super Bowl with Watson. 

    That’s pretty much my take.

    I can hold my nose and root for Watson, but what I can’t get over is the price Jimmah paid for him.

    @canton-dawg said:

    That’s pretty much my take.

    I can hold my nose and root for Watson, but what I can’t get over is the price Jimmah paid for him.

    That and the unwanted drama to come. Instead of building upon the respectability we have gained we've gone and destroyed it.

    Rather than Browns football being the focus among the media talking heads this coming season, it gonna be about the pervert we signed and the price we paid. You watch.

    Prior to Watson being signed it was noted among media circles that whoever signs this guy will be met with great scrutiny. Lo and behold it ended up being us. What a surprise. 

    We better damn well get a SB out of this. I expect it.

  • @axe said:

    My Lesters

    Would you be so kind as to elaborate a little on each?

    @orion said:

    Would you be so kind as to elaborate a little on each?

    I'll start a thread in the barber Shop today ???

  • AxeA Axe

    @orion said:

    Would you be so kind as to elaborate a little on each?

    I'll start a thread in the barber Shop today ???

    @axe said:

    I'll start a thread in the barber Shop today ???

    Thanks.   Was nice of the mods to let us go off on this tangent for a while.  Since it's July...

  • @mjp28 said:

    Marino was an anomaly with the Mark's Brothers running up those ungodly numbers there are other reasons why Marino  only had one good shot versus Super Joe Cool Montana. 

    Remember the commercial with Marino and Montana at the vending machine and Montana said  "you can get the next one"  or close to that ?  It never came about.  Montana got those opportunities. 

    Instead of Marino and SB Rings it should be Kelly, Fouts and the others wh9 should have to answer that question. 

    ......... " Montana and Marino went toe-to-toe in Super Bowl XIX,with the 49ers earning a 38-16 victory to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Marino went on to put up historic numbers for that era but never won the big one, while Montana went 4-0 in the big game and took home Super Bowl MVP honors three times. " .........

    ~And~

    ....... "With the 49ers and Dolphins set to play Sunday at Levi's Stadium, Montana thought it would be a good time to zing his old rival with a tweet featuring an old Diet Pepsi commercial both starred in. In the commercial, Montana buys Marino a soda and the Dolphins gunslinger vows to get the next round the following year.

    That apparently never happened." .........

    My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

    @nickers said:

    My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

    True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

    When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

    Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      😴

  • @nickers said:

    My point being... Even with an Elite QB... It does NOT guarantee SB victories...

    True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

    When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

    Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      😴

    @mjp28 said:

    True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

    When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

    Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      😴

    I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

  • Nice...I love C 5's...here's my latest...'99, Nassau blue, just installed supercharger.

    20220711_152826 (1).jpg

  • @mjp28 said:

    True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

    When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

    Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      😴

    I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

    @nickers said:

    I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

    Right!

    I think we still have a couple of weaknesses on the team. One being the interior of the DL, and the other being the Head Coach.

  • @mjp28 said:

    True.  But our Danny boy was an exceptional quarterback (even better with the Marks brothers)  and he doesn't guarantee a SB just like having an OK quarterback on an excellent team can still occasionally sneak one. 

    When anyone says .... "but how many SB Rings does Marino have".... you should include or substitute Kelly,  Fouts or others have.

    Without getting into minutiae about Marino and other like quarterbacks into boredom.      😴

    I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

    @nickers said:

    I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

    Right again,  no new quarterback addition is a guarantee of a super bowl invitation any more than we and a large bunch of sports writers thought that the Cleveland Browns were a super bowl favorite in Mayfield's second year.

    Same thing they including I was sure they had a SB shot not a 6-10 season ahead. 

    And Watson may lose (suspended)  games and also if/when he ever hits the field still is carrying a boat  load of dirty laundry with him.  How it will affects his and the team's performance nobody knows yet.

    Will this just blow over I hope so. Any guarantee of DW's performance........none......absolutely none.  We all jall just have to wait and see.   2022 probably not.   2023 who knows. 

    GO BROWNS,  they still have a good team.  

  • @nickers said:

    I get that.. I'm just saying... Theres a bunch of Numbskulls printing SB tickets and this POS hasn't taken one snap for us... Ya know.. It's cool to be enthusiastic and all..  I just wish people would temper that with some plain ol' common sense...

    Right!

    I think we still have a couple of weaknesses on the team. One being the interior of the DL, and the other being the Head Coach.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Right!

    I think we still have a couple of weaknesses on the team. One being the interior of the DL, and the other being the Head Coach.

    And Ownership... THEY SUCK!

  • @mjp28 said:

    My '75 C3 in Corvette Orange.

    Back then I was a Camaro guy.  And quite poor.  I had a 6 cyl camaro, '69 I think, I'd go to the gas station to check the gas and fill the oil.  🙂  Burned and leaked the stuff.  But I DID land a '72 Camaro that didn't have good paint but was pretty nice everywhere else, including the 350 V8.  

    I always respected the vette back then as the American sports car icon that it was.  It was (and is) a staple at LeMans.  But the pencil thinness of it never really appealed to me.  Fast forward to the C5.  A wider stance.  Made all the difference IMO.  And it's stayed that way. 

    Now, they're trying to be a European supercar.  A little too over the top.  They haven't ruined it....but....gimme those symbolic 4 round tail lights any ol' day of the week.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Over the hill gang cars, lol.

      Oh go drift your Impreza.  🙂

    @orion said:

    Back then I was a Camaro guy.  And quite poor.  I had a 6 cyl camaro, '69 I think, I'd go to the gas station to check the gas and fill the oil.  🙂  Burned and leaked the stuff.  But I DID land a '72 Camaro that didn't have good paint but was pretty nice everywhere else, including the 350 V8.  

    I always respected the vette back then as the American sports car icon that it was.  It was (and is) a staple at LeMans.  But the pencil thinness of it never really appealed to me.  Fast forward to the C5.  A wider stance.  Made all the difference IMO.  And it's stayed that way. 

    Now, they're trying to be a European supercar.  A little too over the top.  They haven't ruined it....but....gimme those symbolic 4 round tail lights any ol' day of the week.

      Oh go drift your Impreza.  🙂

    Like this C3, not in my Corvette Orange that I had but .....nice !

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ❤️.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Oh this Baker to Carolina thread is turning into a classic guitars and cars one.

    Partly what happens during the ....dreaded football dead zone.... from after the draft until real football begins again around the end of July to August 4 this year the HOF game......JUST 20 DAYS AWAY !.......

    ■  SO EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS   NO   FIGHTING OR GAY STUFF.■.......     I guess we better move the Les Paul's and classic Corvette beautiful pictures to the  BARBER SHOP FORUM.

    And before they get lost forever.   mjp

    55f99c5d1a94089a94d95d5a9a0c1348-1 (1).jpg