Baker to Carolina
-
I will repeat one more time for the hard of hearing, HE WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. And participated in practices.
While I GET what you're saying - is practice anything like an NFL game for the QB position? I'll clarify. In practice all week - they don't tickle, tackle or SLAM the QB on the turf. In games, QBs often get hit, tackled and driven into the ground. If they have an injury on either shoulder, that's going to aggravate the injury immediately.
Of course Baker is going to say he feels fine under those practice conditions all week. He's probably going to look a lot less antsy in the pocket and get through his reads far more efficiently. FWIW, usually the 1st Offense goes against 2nd/scout team Defense in practice.. This is nothing like game day. Therefore, when the HC or whoever addresses the media says he had a good week of practice with very little pain - the medical staff has enough to clear him regarding that. Can he play vrs should he play - probably involved the guy paying everyone's salary and the FO.
Can he play vrs should he play - probably involved the guy paying everyone's salary and the FO.
Well, from what we know of Jimmuh, that very well could be. But I watched the games. I'm betting you did too. And it didn't look like he was hurting while playing the game and making the throws. As the game-day coach, I wouldn't have taken him out based on watching him perform. Now, the end result of his passing stats may have warranted someone to say that he should be removed...but that wouldn't be based on an injury. That would be based on having a backup that you think is better than the starter.
...and no, teams don't practice smashing their starting QB's to the ground during preparation for the next game.
-
Can he play vrs should he play - probably involved the guy paying everyone's salary and the FO.
Well, from what we know of Jimmuh, that very well could be. But I watched the games. I'm betting you did too. And it didn't look like he was hurting while playing the game and making the throws. As the game-day coach, I wouldn't have taken him out based on watching him perform. Now, the end result of his passing stats may have warranted someone to say that he should be removed...but that wouldn't be based on an injury. That would be based on having a backup that you think is better than the starter.
...and no, teams don't practice smashing their starting QB's to the ground during preparation for the next game.
Well, from what we know of Jimmuh, that very well could be. But I watched the games. I'm betting you did too. And it didn't look like he was hurting while playing the game and making the throws. As the game-day coach, I wouldn't have taken him out based on watching him perform. Now, the end result of his passing stats may have warranted someone to say that he should be removed...but that wouldn't be based on an injury. That would be based on having a backup that you think is better than the starter.
...and no, teams don't practice smashing their starting QB's to the ground during preparation for the next game.
Fair enough. I just didn't see the same guy that threw 26 TD passes to only 8 INTs in 2020. I mean he threw 4 INTs just on Christmas Day in 2021 (half of the season total the previous year). I think some games he wasn't in a lot of pain (like you alluded to); and some games he was (depending on how often he was getting hit/planted).
-
Can he play vrs should he play - probably involved the guy paying everyone's salary and the FO.
Well, from what we know of Jimmuh, that very well could be. But I watched the games. I'm betting you did too. And it didn't look like he was hurting while playing the game and making the throws. As the game-day coach, I wouldn't have taken him out based on watching him perform. Now, the end result of his passing stats may have warranted someone to say that he should be removed...but that wouldn't be based on an injury. That would be based on having a backup that you think is better than the starter.
...and no, teams don't practice smashing their starting QB's to the ground during preparation for the next game.
-
-
Here's an important take from former GB and Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck that had a very similar injury.
Coming from Hasselbeck, that means serious legit reasoning from experience. I just think berry and steph. put Baker out there, and it blew up in their faces, so they dumped on Baker. went on a dumpster dive, and, I believe they will regret it in the future.
-
Here's an important take from former GB and Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck that had a very similar injury.
I saw this take a few months back and totally agree with him... Who better than someone who had the injury with NFL experience... Matt and Tim Hasslebeck were good , serviceable QB's.. Not elite by any means... But good enough to win and manage games... But I still blame Shitpantski for not sitting Baker and starting Keenum...
-
Here's an important take from former GB and Seattle QB Matt Hasselbeck that had a very similar injury.
I saw this take a few months back and totally agree with him... Who better than someone who had the injury with NFL experience... Matt and Tim Hasslebeck were good , serviceable QB's.. Not elite by any means... But good enough to win and manage games... But I still blame Shitpantski for not sitting Baker and starting Keenum...
I saw this take a few months back and totally agree with him... Who better than someone who had the injury with NFL experience... Matt and Tim Hasslebeck were good , serviceable QB's.. Not elite by any means... But good enough to win and manage games... But I still blame Shitpantski for not sitting Baker and starting Keenum...
FWIW Nicks, Matt Hasslebeck led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl vrs Pittsburgh. That was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls I have ever seen.
Unfortunately, the network got their their dreamy story book ending with Jerome Bettis ending his career and riding off into the Detroit sunset with a Super Bowl Championship just a few blocks away from his parents' house (that he grew up in).
-
I saw this take a few months back and totally agree with him... Who better than someone who had the injury with NFL experience... Matt and Tim Hasslebeck were good , serviceable QB's.. Not elite by any means... But good enough to win and manage games... But I still blame Shitpantski for not sitting Baker and starting Keenum...
FWIW Nicks, Matt Hasslebeck led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl vrs Pittsburgh. That was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls I have ever seen.
Unfortunately, the network got their their dreamy story book ending with Jerome Bettis ending his career and riding off into the Detroit sunset with a Super Bowl Championship just a few blocks away from his parents' house (that he grew up in).
FWIW Nicks, Matt Hasslebeck led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl vrs Pittsburgh. That was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls I have ever seen.
Unfortunately, the network got their their dreamy story book ending with Jerome Bettis ending his career and riding off into the Detroit sunset with a Super Bowl Championship just a few blocks away from his parents' house (that he grew up in).
Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...
Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!
-
FWIW Nicks, Matt Hasslebeck led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl vrs Pittsburgh. That was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls I have ever seen.
Unfortunately, the network got their their dreamy story book ending with Jerome Bettis ending his career and riding off into the Detroit sunset with a Super Bowl Championship just a few blocks away from his parents' house (that he grew up in).
Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...
Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!
Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...
Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!
That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal. It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today). Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.
Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.
-
Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...
Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!
That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal. It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today). Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.
Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.
That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal. It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today). Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.
Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.
that game....was the best example of the worst referring of fake pro wrestlin we used to laugh at back in hs days. The NFL should be ashamed.
-
That game... was the best example of the worst referring of fake pro wrestlin we used to laugh at back in hs days. The NFL should be ashamed.
-
meanwhile, it's interesting to read:
"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.
— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022
Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins" -
meanwhile, it's interesting to read:
"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.
— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022
Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins" -
meanwhile, it's interesting to read:
"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.
— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022
Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"meanwhile, it's interesting to read:
"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.
— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022
Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?
FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.
-
meanwhile, it's interesting to read:
"Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.
— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022
Panthers camp highlights
– Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
– Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
– Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
– Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?
FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.
Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?
FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.
I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...
never mind.
I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.
-
Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?
FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.
I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...
never mind.
I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.
-
Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?
FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.
I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...
never mind.
I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.
I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...
never mind.
I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.
OK Baker Fan Boi.


. I'll even throw in a Tim Couch jersey on top of the cap... Get my point? The Browns over the years have moved on from more players than it would take me the effort to look up the number. Ben Gay, where are you now?
Shades of Bill B. sending Bernie Kosar packing for "diminishing skills". IF last year is any indication, Berry and Stefanski have the same opinion about Mayfield. Bernie never became a consistent starter after he left Cleveland, we'll eventually find out if Baker will have the same fate. Teams have moved on from upper echelon HOF players like Joe Montana and Brett Favre when they were on the downside of their careers.
Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already.
-
In the other thread you admitted to hoping the Browns lose every game with Watson playing.
Sounds like you should take up that offer for said cap.
Well, I did pick 3.3 lbs of wild blackberries this morning, and put another 10 lbs of potatoes in my dehydrator, and ran some errands, store, hardware store, etc. But it hasn't been decided if watson will play at all this year. Maybe some more accusations will come forth, who knows.
But don't fret, I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
-
I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...
never mind.
I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.
OK Baker Fan Boi.


. I'll even throw in a Tim Couch jersey on top of the cap... Get my point? The Browns over the years have moved on from more players than it would take me the effort to look up the number. Ben Gay, where are you now?
Shades of Bill B. sending Bernie Kosar packing for "diminishing skills". IF last year is any indication, Berry and Stefanski have the same opinion about Mayfield. Bernie never became a consistent starter after he left Cleveland, we'll eventually find out if Baker will have the same fate. Teams have moved on from upper echelon HOF players like Joe Montana and Brett Favre when they were on the downside of their careers.
Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already.
Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already.
you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.
I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.
Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....
BTW -
During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.
???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx
— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022 -
Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already.
you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.
I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.
Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....
BTW -
During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.
???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx
— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.
I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.
Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....
BTW -
During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.
???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx
— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022Of course you're not listening. I'd suggest if you want to post Carolina Training camp reports THIS would be a good place to start... There's at least 4 more like it BTW... https://www.catscratchreader.com/
Or are you just doing this trying to piss me off on purpose?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login