Skip to content

Baker to Carolina

The Browns Board
952 57 40.3k 1
  • @flugel said:

    FWIW Nicks, Matt Hasslebeck led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl vrs Pittsburgh.  That was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls I have ever seen. 

    Unfortunately, the network got their their dreamy story book ending with Jerome Bettis ending his career and riding off into the Detroit sunset with a Super Bowl Championship just a few blocks away from his parents' house (that he grew up in).

    Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...

    Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...

    Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!

    That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal.  It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today).  Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.

    Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.

  • @nickers said:

    Tom I was so pissed at the "No calls" the stools got away with and hurled my phone half way cross the room...

    Thank God it didn't break... That first Samsung I had was a little work horse!

    That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal.  It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today).  Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.

    Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    That play where Pitt's DE/OLB jumped offsides which everyone on the planet saw but the Line Judge and Linesman only to see Seattle's Tackle busted for holding on that edge rusher was brutal.  It nullified a completed pass that would have set Seattle up with something like a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line for Shaun Alexander to run behind Hutchinson and Walter Jones (both in the NFL HOF today).  Now Seattle got pushed back and Hasselbeck threw an INT on the very next play.

    Nobody stopped that Seattle running game all year. It was just a shame the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was bad officiating.

    that game....was the best example of the worst referring of fake pro wrestlin we used to laugh at back in hs days. The NFL should be ashamed.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    That game... was the best example of the worst referring of fake pro wrestlin we used to laugh at back in hs days. The NFL should be ashamed.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

    https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

    "Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

    — David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

    Panthers camp highlights
    – Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
    – Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
    – Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
    – Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

  • meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

    https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

    "Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

    — David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

    Panthers camp highlights
    – Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
    – Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
    – Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
    – Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

    "Interesting"? ...depends on who you're talking to. 

    This is a Baker to Carolina thread so fuck em if they give you a hard time. LOL

  • meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

    https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

    "Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

    — David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

    Panthers camp highlights
    – Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
    – Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
    – Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
    – Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @calfoxwc said:

    meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

    https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

    "Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

    — David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

    Panthers camp highlights
    – Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
    – Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
    – Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
    – Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

    Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

    FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   😁 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    meanwhile, it's interesting to read:

    https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-horn-mayfield-corral-darnold/?itm_source=parsely-api

    "Baker Mayfield three touchdown passes in red zone drills. Perhaps a bit of separation from Sam Darnold, who scrambled for one.

    — David Newton (@DNewtonespn) August 1, 2022

    Panthers camp highlights
    – Darnold working with 1s. Nice RZ rushing TD on designed QB keep. TD pass to Shi Smith.
    – Baker w/ 2s but got 1st team reps during a team session. (It’s fluid).
    – Darnold w/ two fumbles during RZ on RB exchanges.
    – Baker 3 RZ TD passes, one to Higgins"

    Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

    FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   😁 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

    FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   😁 

    I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

    never mind.

       I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

  • @hoorta said:

    Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

    FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   😁 

    I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

    never mind.

       I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

       I don't need a cap for just one game 

    In the other thread you admitted to hoping the Browns lose every game with Watson playing. 

    Sounds like you should take up that offer for said cap.

  • @hoorta said:

    Like I care? He doesn't play for the Browns anymore.... Got any Jarvis Landry updates for us while you're at it?

    FWIW, I have a Carolina Panthers baseball cap that I got (for free) many years ago on my trip to see the Browns play in Charlotte... I'll be happy to send it to you.   😁 

    I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

    never mind.

       I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

    never mind.

       I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

    OK Baker Fan Boi. 😁😁😁 .   I'll even throw in a Tim Couch jersey on top of the cap... Get my point? The Browns over the years have moved on from more players than it would take me the effort to look up the number. Ben Gay, where are you now?

    Shades of Bill B. sending Bernie Kosar packing for "diminishing skills". IF last year is any indication, Berry and Stefanski have the same opinion about Mayfield.  Bernie never became a consistent starter after he left Cleveland,  we'll eventually find out if Baker will have the same fate. Teams have moved on from upper echelon HOF players like Joe Montana and Brett Favre when they were on the downside of their careers.

    Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

       I don't need a cap for just one game 

    In the other thread you admitted to hoping the Browns lose every game with Watson playing. 

    Sounds like you should take up that offer for said cap.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    In the other thread you admitted to hoping the Browns lose every game with Watson playing. 

    Sounds like you should take up that offer for said cap.

    Well, I did pick 3.3 lbs of wild blackberries this morning, and put another 10 lbs of potatoes in my dehydrator, and ran some errands, store, hardware store, etc. But it hasn't been decided if watson will play at all this year. Maybe some more accusations will come forth, who knows.

    But don't fret, I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I wouldn't expect you to care - I mean, it's 12:13 PM, and 12 hrs ago...

    never mind.

       I don't need a cap for just one game, but thanks. If you read the title of the thread, you will get enlightened. Have a nice day.

    OK Baker Fan Boi. 😁😁😁 .   I'll even throw in a Tim Couch jersey on top of the cap... Get my point? The Browns over the years have moved on from more players than it would take me the effort to look up the number. Ben Gay, where are you now?

    Shades of Bill B. sending Bernie Kosar packing for "diminishing skills". IF last year is any indication, Berry and Stefanski have the same opinion about Mayfield.  Bernie never became a consistent starter after he left Cleveland,  we'll eventually find out if Baker will have the same fate. Teams have moved on from upper echelon HOF players like Joe Montana and Brett Favre when they were on the downside of their careers.

    Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @hoorta said:

    Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

    you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.

    I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.

       Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....

    BTW -

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-baker-mayfield-robbie-anderson-connect-for-beautiful-td-bomb/ar-AA10dZHi

    During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.

    ???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx

    — Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022
  • @hoorta said:

    Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

    you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.

    I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.

       Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....

    BTW -

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-baker-mayfield-robbie-anderson-connect-for-beautiful-td-bomb/ar-AA10dZHi

    During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.

    ???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx

    — Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.

    I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.

       Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....

    BTW -

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-baker-mayfield-robbie-anderson-connect-for-beautiful-td-bomb/ar-AA10dZHi

    During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.

    ???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx

    — Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022

    Of course you're not listening. I'd suggest if you want to post Carolina Training camp reports THIS would be a good place to start... There's at least 4 more like it BTW...   https://www.catscratchreader.com/

    Or are you just doing this trying to piss me off on purpose?  

  • @hoorta said:

    Don't get me wrong either. I wish Baker well, as long as he's not playing the Browns. But please, just stop with the Carolina training camp reports. Go cry in your Frostie already. 

    you're rambling again. Right now, I'm drinking sun tea, iced, with dandelion tea, blackberry, mint, and green tea with turmeric in it.

    I went and harvested some chickory roots to make coffee with it, like the civil war and pioneer folks used to do. Then I'll try it with dandelion roots added.

       Really great stuff. and, btw, read the title of the thread. You should try that tea, too.....

    BTW -

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-baker-mayfield-robbie-anderson-connect-for-beautiful-td-bomb/ar-AA10dZHi

    During the team’s 11-on-11 drills from Tuesday afternoon, Mayfield and Anderson teamed up for a bomb of a touchdown. The incredible dime, which may very well be the best play in Spartanburg thus far, appeared to drop in at anywhere from 50 to 60 yards downfield.

    ???@chosen1ra pic.twitter.com/vmIAtiNAFx

    — Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 2, 2022
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    BTW -

    download.jpg.707665f21c57d2ba7f7873ec0f5b5175.jpg  Farmer Cal !

    We just received our Family 6 pack of tickets for Week 1 at Carolina today...

    I'm on a 4 game road winning streak since leaving the Tennessee Titans house..

    E_H1w19UUAAClyQ.jpg.1ac1bef2cb615c98a6d9336c513786a6.jpg

    These Cleveland Browns will not be losing 18 straight to any Kitty's with Gumby in the house !  book'ed it !

    LFG Browns ! ?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    I say Myles gets a strip sack.

  • I say Myles gets a strip sack.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @orion said:

    I say Myles gets a strip sack.

    Baker or Darnold... behind Carolina's building OL ? As a local, they've been lucky at camp to both be wearing a red jersey..

    Joe Woods will have something cooked up on passing downs.. just get to there & don't let C.McCaffrey loose.. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    I'm sure Zombo would approve of the title... 

    Here ya go, I'll even start it off for you guys... 😁 😁 😁  

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/how-baker-mayfield-did-in-carolina-panthers-practice-on-aug-2-2022.html

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Groovy!

  • I'm sure Zombo would approve of the title... 

    Here ya go, I'll even start it off for you guys... 😁 😁 😁  

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/how-baker-mayfield-did-in-carolina-panthers-practice-on-aug-2-2022.html

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I'm sure Zombo would approve of the title... 

    Here ya go, I'll even start it off for you guys... 😁 😁 😁  

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/how-baker-mayfield-did-in-carolina-panthers-practice-on-aug-2-2022.html

    I'm sorry but without multiple responses to yourself with multiple Blaze-like websites attached, you just can't compete with cal.??

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    This 17 games has to end sometime.....good spot ?   I say why not.

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Schlong overdue