Skip to content

Baker to Carolina

The Browns Board
952 57 40.3k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Poor Dutch's funny bone has been crying all morning.   Apparently I have to get back to an invisible classroom because Dutch is convinced that I've traded in all 12 years of playing football, countless football camps and coaching it at the high school level; because Cal offers me so much more football knowledge. While Dutch was cheerleading for Josh Rosen throughout the pre-draft process - Cal did enough reading to pick Josh Allen.  Before anyone faults Cal's method, Dutch gets all his from sports radio shows all the way down to his daily ideas in here.  That's so impressive.

    Cal, you are really in Dutch's head.  I've never seen him so nervous and paranoid.  Evidently while you could visibly see all the board members that visited the board during Dutch's panic attacks you weren't on there - but I was having so much fun with his desperate measures I just LMFAO!  He says you were PMing me with all kinds of wisdom he really respects out of you.  You don't say!  Then again, you don't have to... ?

    He's just proving by himself.. what we all have known all along.. I never came here claiming to be anything or anyone. I'm just like every other joe blow who gets Browns info from many if not the same sources everyone else does..

    I'm not here to reinvent the wheel...

    I'm just a lifelong musician and Browns fan who has a long and deep passion for this team and yeah... Sometimes I wear it on my sleeve...

    When there's things I don't know... I know there's guys like Flugs,Tour and Cal and a few others who know it better than I do... They become resources... And then there's a couple of dudes on here that think pointing out a persons ignorance on any given matter is a free license to tear them down in public forum. well if your all that knowledgeable as you claim you are... If you really cared about lifting people up to your level... You help them... Belitteling people never accomplishes much...

    End Rant!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @nickers said:

    And then there's a couple of dudes on here that think pointing out a persons ignorance on any given matter is a free license to tear them down in public forum

    Oh?  I put in a few hours watching Jacoby Brissett and how his skills might translate to this offense, hoping he can at least help keep us afloat.   You chime in with a....

    Apparently what I do and the effort I put in is "bullshit".

    Seems like you feel you have free license to tear people down.

    988607293_nickers5.thumb.jpg.6566779b510ac42ce30e4fd2306c8a24.jpg

    @nickers said:

    well if your all that knowledgeable as you claim you are... If you really cared about lifting people up to your level... You help them... Belitteling people never accomplishes much...

    End Rant!

    Interesting.  Because you once said...

    And I asked you to help explain Woods' scheme to me.  I sought genuine information.

    1845516544_nickers1.thumb.jpg.709166d96c2594da0fae1996cb894cd1.jpg

    You responded with.....   

    1076551139_Nickers2.jpg.1dcb0b11a40442140813daf1e649f9d1.jpg

    By the way, that corner was Newsome who was named to all rookie teams by a few sources.

    To which I politely asked for you to give your honest insight.

    1174739434_nickers3.thumb.jpg.91c701b7dcc32e0e65d3cdfbbd7e3fee.jpg

    aaaaand you immediately concluded with a....

    965524087_nickers4.thumb.jpg.a011840aa6409954d64c07a4637bb98d.jpg

    I asked for your knowledge, if you really cared to lift people up you would.  But all you did was belittle me after I called you 'friend' AND politely asked twice.

    I'll let anyone reading infer from this what they will.  

  • @nickers said:

    And then there's a couple of dudes on here that think pointing out a persons ignorance on any given matter is a free license to tear them down in public forum

    Oh?  I put in a few hours watching Jacoby Brissett and how his skills might translate to this offense, hoping he can at least help keep us afloat.   You chime in with a....

    Apparently what I do and the effort I put in is "bullshit".

    Seems like you feel you have free license to tear people down.

    988607293_nickers5.thumb.jpg.6566779b510ac42ce30e4fd2306c8a24.jpg

    @nickers said:

    well if your all that knowledgeable as you claim you are... If you really cared about lifting people up to your level... You help them... Belitteling people never accomplishes much...

    End Rant!

    Interesting.  Because you once said...

    And I asked you to help explain Woods' scheme to me.  I sought genuine information.

    1845516544_nickers1.thumb.jpg.709166d96c2594da0fae1996cb894cd1.jpg

    You responded with.....   

    1076551139_Nickers2.jpg.1dcb0b11a40442140813daf1e649f9d1.jpg

    By the way, that corner was Newsome who was named to all rookie teams by a few sources.

    To which I politely asked for you to give your honest insight.

    1174739434_nickers3.thumb.jpg.91c701b7dcc32e0e65d3cdfbbd7e3fee.jpg

    aaaaand you immediately concluded with a....

    965524087_nickers4.thumb.jpg.a011840aa6409954d64c07a4637bb98d.jpg

    I asked for your knowledge, if you really cared to lift people up you would.  But all you did was belittle me after I called you 'friend' AND politely asked twice.

    I'll let anyone reading infer from this what they will.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh?  I put in a few hours watching Jacoby Brissett and how his skills might translate to this offense, hoping he can at least help keep us afloat.   You chime in with a....

    Apparently what I do and the effort I put in is "bullshit".

    Seems like you feel you have free license to tear people down.

    988607293_nickers5.thumb.jpg.6566779b510ac42ce30e4fd2306c8a24.jpg

    Interesting.  Because you once said...

    And I asked you to help explain Woods' scheme to me.  I sought genuine information.

    1845516544_nickers1.thumb.jpg.709166d96c2594da0fae1996cb894cd1.jpg

    You responded with.....   

    1076551139_Nickers2.jpg.1dcb0b11a40442140813daf1e649f9d1.jpg

    By the way, that corner was Newsome who was named to all rookie teams by a few sources.

    To which I politely asked for you to give your honest insight.

    1174739434_nickers3.thumb.jpg.91c701b7dcc32e0e65d3cdfbbd7e3fee.jpg

    aaaaand you immediately concluded with a....

    965524087_nickers4.thumb.jpg.a011840aa6409954d64c07a4637bb98d.jpg

    I asked for your knowledge, if you really cared to lift people up you would.  But all you did was belittle me after I called you 'friend' AND politely asked twice.

    I'll let anyone reading infer from this what they will.  

    Thank you for pointing yourself out...I'm sure your parents are proud...  Feel better now?...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Oh?  I put in a few hours watching Jacoby Brissett and how his skills might translate to this offense, hoping he can at least help keep us afloat.   You chime in with a....

    Apparently what I do and the effort I put in is "bullshit".

    Seems like you feel you have free license to tear people down.

    988607293_nickers5.thumb.jpg.6566779b510ac42ce30e4fd2306c8a24.jpg

    Interesting.  Because you once said...

    And I asked you to help explain Woods' scheme to me.  I sought genuine information.

    1845516544_nickers1.thumb.jpg.709166d96c2594da0fae1996cb894cd1.jpg

    You responded with.....   

    1076551139_Nickers2.jpg.1dcb0b11a40442140813daf1e649f9d1.jpg

    By the way, that corner was Newsome who was named to all rookie teams by a few sources.

    To which I politely asked for you to give your honest insight.

    1174739434_nickers3.thumb.jpg.91c701b7dcc32e0e65d3cdfbbd7e3fee.jpg

    aaaaand you immediately concluded with a....

    965524087_nickers4.thumb.jpg.a011840aa6409954d64c07a4637bb98d.jpg

    I asked for your knowledge, if you really cared to lift people up you would.  But all you did was belittle me after I called you 'friend' AND politely asked twice.

    I'll let anyone reading infer from this what they will.  

    Thank you for pointing yourself out...I'm sure your parents are proud...  Feel better now?...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Thank you for pointing yourself out...I'm sure your parents are proud...  Feel better now?...

    I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

    I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

  • @nickers said:

    Thank you for pointing yourself out...I'm sure your parents are proud...  Feel better now?...

    I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

    I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

    I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

    You gave nothing... You spun and twisted... I'm not obligated to explain anything to you since you seem all knowing... All you seem interested in is being right and worshipped for your cute little slide shows which I will say again are cute.. But it doesn't cure cancer...  or help the Browns win a super bowl... Again... if your so concerned about every ones Football knowledge... Teach us oh wise one..... You're on this great pedastal...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Regular season can't get here too soon. These chuckles are starting to hurt my funny bone. I may need microsurgery. ?

    Poor Dutch's funny bone has been crying all morning.   Apparently I have to get back to an invisible classroom because Dutch is convinced that I've traded in all 12 years of playing football, countless football camps and coaching it at the high school level; because Cal offers me so much more football knowledge. While Dutch was cheerleading for Josh Rosen throughout the pre-draft process - Cal did enough reading to pick Josh Allen.  Before anyone faults Cal's method, Dutch gets all his from sports radio shows all the way down to his daily ideas in here.  That's so impressive.

    Cal, you are really in Dutch's head.  I've never seen him so nervous and paranoid.  Evidently while you could visibly see all the board members that visited the board during Dutch's panic attacks you weren't on there - but I was having so much fun with his desperate measures I just LMFAO!  He says you were PMing me with all kinds of wisdom he really respects out of you.  You don't say!  Then again, you don't have to... ?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Poor Dutch's funny bone has been crying all morning.   Apparently I have to get back to an invisible classroom because Dutch is convinced that I've traded in all 12 years of playing football, countless football camps and coaching it at the high school level; because Cal offers me so much more football knowledge. While Dutch was cheerleading for Josh Rosen throughout the pre-draft process - Cal did enough reading to pick Josh Allen.  Before anyone faults Cal's method, Dutch gets all his from sports radio shows all the way down to his daily ideas in here.  That's so impressive.

    Cal, you are really in Dutch's head.  I've never seen him so nervous and paranoid.  Evidently while you could visibly see all the board members that visited the board during Dutch's panic attacks you weren't on there - but I was having so much fun with his desperate measures I just LMFAO!  He says you were PMing me with all kinds of wisdom he really respects out of you.  You don't say!  Then again, you don't have to... ?

    I'm starting to get the suspicion, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are somewhat upset with me? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't give two shits about people talking about Mayfield. There can be twenty threads about how great Mayfield looks in practice for Panthers, hence why you don't see me bitching about it.

    Okay Ghoolie Jr!  Just let us know when you've finally convinced yourself of that.  You get way too much attention for it to stop.  Didn't you start an adorable little cutest post thread on what Baker's record was going to be in Carolina after the trade went down?  Did you get some cyber reach arounds and under the table groin rubs for that?

    Nobody brings up the political forum on the football board more than you.  The reason you do it is to take the scent off your next attack.  Is this what really fulfills you on a Cleveland Browns Football board?  You can be a funny smart ass sometimes but going after passionate fans about their loyalty to  guy that was supposed to be under contract THIS year is strange especially given the Browns gave up 3 1st round picks for a guy that will probably miss the entire season any way.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @flugel said:

    Okay Ghoolie Jr!  Just let us know when you've finally convinced yourself of that.  You get way too much attention for it to stop.  Didn't you start an adorable little cutest post thread on what Baker's record was going to be in Carolina after the trade went down?  Did you get some cyber reach arounds and under the table groin rubs for that?

    Nobody brings up the political forum on the football board more than you.  The reason you do it is to take the scent off your next attack.  Is this what really fulfills you on a Cleveland Browns Football board?  You can be a funny smart ass sometimes but going after passionate fans about their loyalty to  guy that was supposed to be under contract THIS year is strange especially given the Browns gave up 3 1st round picks for a guy that will probably miss the entire season any way.  

    Well... Somebody CLAIMS he's not a Browns fan anymore.. But insists on posting plenty of Baker updates.... Which to my mind are not of general interest, and are OFF TOPIC.  Doesn't get the hint, I'm not interested in how Jarvis Landry is doing in New Orleans either. Personal feelings have nothing to do with it. I'll call you soon Tom, and shoot you a PM.  

  • @flugel said:

    Okay Ghoolie Jr!  Just let us know when you've finally convinced yourself of that.  You get way too much attention for it to stop.  Didn't you start an adorable little cutest post thread on what Baker's record was going to be in Carolina after the trade went down?  Did you get some cyber reach arounds and under the table groin rubs for that?

    Nobody brings up the political forum on the football board more than you.  The reason you do it is to take the scent off your next attack.  Is this what really fulfills you on a Cleveland Browns Football board?  You can be a funny smart ass sometimes but going after passionate fans about their loyalty to  guy that was supposed to be under contract THIS year is strange especially given the Browns gave up 3 1st round picks for a guy that will probably miss the entire season any way.  

    Well... Somebody CLAIMS he's not a Browns fan anymore.. But insists on posting plenty of Baker updates.... Which to my mind are not of general interest, and are OFF TOPIC.  Doesn't get the hint, I'm not interested in how Jarvis Landry is doing in New Orleans either. Personal feelings have nothing to do with it. I'll call you soon Tom, and shoot you a PM.  

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Well... Somebody CLAIMS he's not a Browns fan anymore.. But insists on posting plenty of Baker updates.... Which to my mind are not of general interest, and are OFF TOPIC.  Doesn't get the hint, I'm not interested in how Jarvis Landry is doing in New Orleans either. Personal feelings have nothing to do with it. I'll call you soon Tom, and shoot you a PM.  

    Since the conversation is going this way I liked Jarvis Landry fine when he was here. Jarvis Landry was injured and didn't live up to his earlier rep. Jarvis Landry wanted more money than we were able to pay him. Jarvis Landry went someplace to get paid on the back nine of his career.

    For the 18th time I need to remind you guys about the vinny/birdie controversy.

    Yes people hated Bill Belichick because he started finite Testaverde over Bernie Kosar yes there were guys rooting for the Browns to lose so Bill would get fired. 

    Cal's well within his rights and displeasure with his politics shouldn't be the basis of your opinion. And anybody on this board will brag away if his call on a player was right and somebody else's was wrong.

    WSS

  • @flugel said:

    Your reading comprehension fails you every time Ghoolie Jr.  Nobody called you legendary.  They said you have ability to be legendary. You know, just like Josh Gordon had the ability but his daily habits prevented him from being a legend.  Sounds a lot like someone I'm reply to right now.  ?

    "Sounds a lot like someone I'm reply to right now?"

    That's some solid grammar there, Cupcake. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    "Sounds a lot like someone I'm reply to right now?"

    That's some solid grammar there, Cupcake. 

    Now we're going Grammar Cop Pumpkin?  ?   You better get to your sports Radio shows for all of the wisdom you can steal for today's contributions Mary Kay.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    "Sounds a lot like someone I'm reply to right now?"

    That's some solid grammar there, Cupcake. 

    Now we're going Grammar Cop Pumpkin?  ?   You better get to your sports Radio shows for all of the wisdom you can steal for today's contributions Mary Kay.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Now we're going Grammar Cop Pumpkin?  ?   You better get to your sports Radio shows for all of the wisdom you can steal for today's contributions Mary Kay.

    That was roughly 25 hours ago. 

    It seems like you are upset with me. 

  • @flugel said:

    Okay Ghoolie Jr!  Just let us know when you've finally convinced yourself of that.  You get way too much attention for it to stop.  Didn't you start an adorable little cutest post thread on what Baker's record was going to be in Carolina after the trade went down?  Did you get some cyber reach arounds and under the table groin rubs for that?

    Nobody brings up the political forum on the football board more than you.  The reason you do it is to take the scent off your next attack.  Is this what really fulfills you on a Cleveland Browns Football board?  You can be a funny smart ass sometimes but going after passionate fans about their loyalty to  guy that was supposed to be under contract THIS year is strange especially given the Browns gave up 3 1st round picks for a guy that will probably miss the entire season any way.  

    Actually, I started a thread asking people what their opinions were regarding Baker's future. I asked them how many more career starts they thought he had in his future, because I was curious to see if people thought his days of being a starter were coming to an end, or if he had a long starting career ahead of him. In fact, I believe I had him starting another four or five full seasons worth of games (64-80? I don't know. I can't find that thread. Perhaps someone deleted it?) The thread actually was a very civil one, where both non-Baker fans and Baker fans gave their opinions. 

    I get it, Flugs. You still have a red ass about my comment to you during the season 8 or so months ago about the Browns erecting a statue of Baker because of his win over the Jets or his playoff win vs the Steelers (I honestly don't remember), and for this, I give you my heart-felt apology. That joke I made seems to have really hurt your feelings to this day. It was so, so wrong of me to make it. I hope we can move on from that hurtful joke of mine. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Actually, I started a thread asking people what their opinions were regarding Baker's future. I asked them how many more career starts they thought he had in his future, because I was curious to see if people thought his days of being a starter were coming to an end, or if he had a long starting career ahead of him. In fact, I believe I had him starting another four or five full seasons worth of games (64-80? I don't know. I can't find that thread. Perhaps someone deleted it?) The thread actually was a very civil one, where both non-Baker fans and Baker fans gave their opinions. 

    I get it, Flugs. You still have a red ass about my comment to you during the season 8 or so months ago about the Browns erecting a statue of Baker because of his win over the Jets or his playoff win vs the Steelers (I honestly don't remember), and for this, I give you my heart-felt apology. That joke I made seems to have really hurt your feelings to this day. It was so, so wrong of me to make it. I hope we can move on from that hurtful joke of mine. 

    How is your last message board doing anyway?  Have you filled our audience in on how you became so available?

    Again, you never had the balls to tell us who your choice for #1 overall was in 2018. Like I always told Ghoolie Sr, there's a reason they make you place your bets before the race. All I remember about life before Baker in Cleveland was a 2 year stretch of 1-31 football.  Baker's rookie year the Browns were 0-1-1 and sporting a 14 point deficit to the Jets when Baker took the field and erased the deficit leading the Browns to victory.  Looks like you have way more of a red ass about that than I do. 

    You better get to your sports radio shows Mary Kay so you can steal the best takes of the day and pretend they're yours in here.  Have a nice day Pumpkin!  

  • @flugel said:

    Now we're going Grammar Cop Pumpkin?  ?   You better get to your sports Radio shows for all of the wisdom you can steal for today's contributions Mary Kay.

    That was roughly 25 hours ago. 

    It seems like you are upset with me. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @dutch-oven said:

    That was roughly 25 hours ago. 

    It seems like you are upset with me. 

    Look who's talking.  You're reaching for grammar.  That's usually a sign you're not doing very well with all that unresolved hostility.

    What's the matter?  There's no DieHard, no Gorka, No Cal , no Nickers to threaten any more now that I've alerted everyone that one of your older brothers always has to do your fist fighting since nobody has ever seen you in person.  You're not exactly an honest guy in here at all.

    If I was built like a little Yorkshire Terrier maybe my keyboard would be on steroids too.  The again, you don't see me trying to bully anybody but an absolute punk in here.  That's a lot of anger you have stored up there Pumpkin...

  • @flugel said:

    Poor Dutch's funny bone has been crying all morning.   Apparently I have to get back to an invisible classroom because Dutch is convinced that I've traded in all 12 years of playing football, countless football camps and coaching it at the high school level; because Cal offers me so much more football knowledge. While Dutch was cheerleading for Josh Rosen throughout the pre-draft process - Cal did enough reading to pick Josh Allen.  Before anyone faults Cal's method, Dutch gets all his from sports radio shows all the way down to his daily ideas in here.  That's so impressive.

    Cal, you are really in Dutch's head.  I've never seen him so nervous and paranoid.  Evidently while you could visibly see all the board members that visited the board during Dutch's panic attacks you weren't on there - but I was having so much fun with his desperate measures I just LMFAO!  He says you were PMing me with all kinds of wisdom he really respects out of you.  You don't say!  Then again, you don't have to... ?

    I'm starting to get the suspicion, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are somewhat upset with me? 

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm starting to get the suspicion, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are somewhat upset with me? 

    You may even be starting to get the suspicion that not everyone likes you. Shocker huh?

    What the fuck are you waiting for Duchess,  tell Flugel to meet you somewhere so you can beat him up! lol

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm starting to get the suspicion, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are somewhat upset with me? 

    You may even be starting to get the suspicion that not everyone likes you. Shocker huh?

    What the fuck are you waiting for Duchess,  tell Flugel to meet you somewhere so you can beat him up! lol

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @fy56 said:

    You may even be starting to get the suspicion that not everyone likes you. Shocker huh?

    What the fuck are you waiting for Duchess,  tell Flugel to meet you somewhere so you can beat him up! lol

    Them Keyboard warriors are something aren't they??.. They can dish it but they sure can't take it when it's regurgitated the other way... It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about a person... Internet tough guys make me laugh...

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    Yeah...I'm also a fan of Mayfield's....so what? He's the first Cleveland qb since '99 to make me think we had a chance to win any game. So...the genius, Andrew Berry and Haslam put their pea brains together, and think Watson is the quickest way to get to the Superbowl?? Personally, I think he's the most overrated qb in the NFL. Then...they trade away all their first round picks for the next 3 years, and pay him $230 million GUARANTEED?? Even without all his shady massage encounters, that took a special kind of stupidity. Players come and go, so trading Baker was not a deal breaker for me. I guess the worst thing is dragging the Cleveland Browns name through the mud, and returning the franchise to the comfortable place as the laughing stock of the NFL...again. So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th. Haslam has done more to ruin this team than any other owner...including Modell. If it was up to me, Haslam would be removed as the owner of the franchise and banned from ever owning another NFL team.

  • Yeah...I'm also a fan of Mayfield's....so what? He's the first Cleveland qb since '99 to make me think we had a chance to win any game. So...the genius, Andrew Berry and Haslam put their pea brains together, and think Watson is the quickest way to get to the Superbowl?? Personally, I think he's the most overrated qb in the NFL. Then...they trade away all their first round picks for the next 3 years, and pay him $230 million GUARANTEED?? Even without all his shady massage encounters, that took a special kind of stupidity. Players come and go, so trading Baker was not a deal breaker for me. I guess the worst thing is dragging the Cleveland Browns name through the mud, and returning the franchise to the comfortable place as the laughing stock of the NFL...again. So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th. Haslam has done more to ruin this team than any other owner...including Modell. If it was up to me, Haslam would be removed as the owner of the franchise and banned from ever owning another NFL team.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    Yeah...I'm also a fan of Mayfield's....so what? He's the first Cleveland qb since '99 to make me think we had a chance to win any game. So...the genius, Andrew Berry and Haslam put their pea brains together, and think Watson is the quickest way to get to the Superbowl?? Personally, I think he's the most overrated qb in the NFL. Then...they trade away all their first round picks for the next 3 years, and pay him $230 million GUARANTEED?? Even without all his shady massage encounters, that took a special kind of stupidity. Players come and go, so trading Baker was not a deal breaker for me. I guess the worst thing is dragging the Cleveland Browns name through the mud, and returning the franchise to the comfortable place as the laughing stock of the NFL...again. So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th. Haslam has done more to ruin this team than any other owner...including Modell. If it was up to me, Haslam would be removed as the owner of the franchise and banned from ever owning another NFL team.

    Well.. He can own the Ravens and Steelers and I wouldn't mind a bit lol... Maybe...

  • Yeah...I'm also a fan of Mayfield's....so what? He's the first Cleveland qb since '99 to make me think we had a chance to win any game. So...the genius, Andrew Berry and Haslam put their pea brains together, and think Watson is the quickest way to get to the Superbowl?? Personally, I think he's the most overrated qb in the NFL. Then...they trade away all their first round picks for the next 3 years, and pay him $230 million GUARANTEED?? Even without all his shady massage encounters, that took a special kind of stupidity. Players come and go, so trading Baker was not a deal breaker for me. I guess the worst thing is dragging the Cleveland Browns name through the mud, and returning the franchise to the comfortable place as the laughing stock of the NFL...again. So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th. Haslam has done more to ruin this team than any other owner...including Modell. If it was up to me, Haslam would be removed as the owner of the franchise and banned from ever owning another NFL team.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th.

    cal your daddy or somethin'???

  • @lodilobo said:

    So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th.

    cal your daddy or somethin'???

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @texasag1969 said:

    cal your daddy or somethin'???

    Sugar?

    Wait... Are we allowed to say Sugar?

  • @fy56 said:

    You may even be starting to get the suspicion that not everyone likes you. Shocker huh?

    What the fuck are you waiting for Duchess,  tell Flugel to meet you somewhere so you can beat him up! lol

    Them Keyboard warriors are something aren't they??.. They can dish it but they sure can't take it when it's regurgitated the other way... It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about a person... Internet tough guys make me laugh...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Them Keyboard warriors are something aren't they??.. They can dish it but they sure can't take it when it's regurgitated the other way... It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about a person... Internet tough guys make me laugh...

    Well oh yeah!?  ?  LOL!

  • @nickers said:

    Thank you for pointing yourself out...I'm sure your parents are proud...  Feel better now?...

    I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

    I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

    I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

    oh, please stop. That is really too much. You and about three others - are ALL about yapping, belittling, and harassing anyone who doesn't genuflect in your self-highly esteemed "godlike" directions. You had a nice post of ten points I was really enjoying, I made a simple comment on just ONE of ten? points, I just disagreed slightly.....and all hell broke loose from you, then your clique happily joins in and it's just bs.

    It has run people off the forum. It's nice for you to do those appraisals - I even gave up an "up" for a few. But then, your extremely belligerent ego starts up, and your groupies chime in, and there the forum discussion goes. THEN your clique has the idea to complain about others reacting? Sad and hilarious at the same time.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

    I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

    oh, please stop. That is really too much. You and about three others - are ALL about yapping, belittling, and harassing anyone who doesn't genuflect in your self-highly esteemed "godlike" directions. You had a nice post of ten points I was really enjoying, I made a simple comment on just ONE of ten? points, I just disagreed slightly.....and all hell broke loose from you, then your clique happily joins in and it's just bs.

    It has run people off the forum. It's nice for you to do those appraisals - I even gave up an "up" for a few. But then, your extremely belligerent ego starts up, and your groupies chime in, and there the forum discussion goes. THEN your clique has the idea to complain about others reacting? Sad and hilarious at the same time.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @calfoxwc said:

    oh, please stop. That is really too much. You and about three others - are ALL about yapping, belittling, and harassing anyone who doesn't genuflect in your self-highly esteemed "godlike" directions. It has run people off the forum. It's nice for you to do those appraisals - I even gave up an "up" for a few. But then, your extremely belligerent ego starts up, and your groupies chime in, and there the forum discussion goes. THEN your clique has the idea to complain about others reacting? Sad and hilarious at the same time.

    You'll see I have zero issue with reasonable opinions that make sense or are genuine in their questions.  Tour, god willing he's alright, had a yearly running joke about our dark horse QB's never matching up.  He disagreed with a couple of my assessments, as I did with his (Bryce Petty, REALLY?!)  But it was always respectful because it came from a place of knowledge and detail.    I'm all about that. 

    I've only ever deleted posts from my thread(s) that contribute nothing.  If you bring nothing to the table when you post on a football topic I start, or you bitch and whine, then I delete the post(s) or move it to the appropriate thread.  That's it, that's all.  I ask people keep the foolish shit at arms reach from me and the work I (as well as others) put in.

    You and I have never really had any friction on this board.  The only time I've ever accused you of being insufferable or over the top was your creepy way of going about Josh Rosen, then your non-stop squawking about Josh Allen.  That's it.  Both points I'm right on.   Beyond that? -  we've had some good chats on here and you have made quality contributions. 

      The overwhelming majority of the time I get praise for my work here, some disagreement but not much.   I've gotten several PM's and a couple emails that my content is the reason people creep this site to read.  It's humbling, really.  I've even found some stuff plagiarized on reddit that I politely asked to be taken down if I wasn't being credited.   I don't see anyone who wasn't on this board previously not currently posting, let alone because of me. 

     Can't help but notice this theme though...  either people are appreciative and join in on the football talk I produce and we get some great conversation going...  Or others chime in with nonsense, are held accountable, then claim I'm some "know it all", then get defensive or insulting.  But when they're asked to offer their own substance or insight, it almost never happens.    Makes me believe we're suffering from some maturity and insecurity issues around these parts at times? 

    Also, I have no 'clique'.  Army of one;  regardless of who does or does not like the conclusions I reach in my assessments.  I stand on the merits of my own work.

    Send me some strawberries, by the way. I'm fresh out.

    Edit: I only popped in this thread out of curiosity that there might be some links about Baker. Figured a check up couldn't hurt.  But at this point I'm keeping to myself on this board, I don't have the time or patience for the bulk of the discussion. So unless I'm tagged or quoted, you won't have to worry about me joining future conversations.   I actually regret even joining this one.