Overrated bands
-
This might have been posted before but I just ran across it today just some ridiculous clickbait. Not that I love all of these bands but I think they're important enough influential enough and have the staying power to justify their position as music icons.
The rest of the list? Meh. I think one of the most overrated bands at least around here is Michael Stanley
https://www.gosocial.co/the-most-overrated-bands-in-the-history-of-music/
REM
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Green Day
Journey
Kiss
Stones
Springsteen
Beatles
Nirvana
Zeppelin
-
I'd say most are deserving. Some I've never heard of.
-
Never liked REM
Metallica became the NickelBack of metal a long time ago.
RATM had one of the better rhythm sections of the 90's. Pearl Jam's actual musicianship was overshadowed by Vedder's monster vocals.
I enjoy 70's KISS... the rest sucks.
Coldplay, U2, My Chemical Romance... all a hard pass.
Most of the rest of what you listed, aren't so much overrated as they are overplayed.
-
Never liked REM
Metallica became the NickelBack of metal a long time ago.
RATM had one of the better rhythm sections of the 90's. Pearl Jam's actual musicianship was overshadowed by Vedder's monster vocals.
I enjoy 70's KISS... the rest sucks.
Coldplay, U2, My Chemical Romance... all a hard pass.
Most of the rest of what you listed, aren't so much overrated as they are overplayed.
Never liked REM
Metallica became the NickelBack of metal a long time ago.
RATM had one of the better rhythm sections of the 90's. Pearl Jam's actual musicianship was overshadowed by Vedder's monster vocals.
I enjoy 70's KISS... the rest sucks.
Coldplay, U2, My Chemical Romance... all a hard pass.
Most of the rest of what you listed, aren't so much overrated as they are overplayed.
I'm hip. I think whoever is writing this is going for the shock value more than anything else. Plenty of those bands I don't like or don't care about but I can understand their influence on the world of music. Some of them are just outside my generational span of music involvement. I actually do like REM and I think they were kind of the flagship of that jangle pop kind of era. On the other hand I don't really like Nirvana but I think they spurred a slew of imitators.
WSS
-
Never liked REM
Metallica became the NickelBack of metal a long time ago.
RATM had one of the better rhythm sections of the 90's. Pearl Jam's actual musicianship was overshadowed by Vedder's monster vocals.
I enjoy 70's KISS... the rest sucks.
Coldplay, U2, My Chemical Romance... all a hard pass.
Most of the rest of what you listed, aren't so much overrated as they are overplayed.
I'm hip. I think whoever is writing this is going for the shock value more than anything else. Plenty of those bands I don't like or don't care about but I can understand their influence on the world of music. Some of them are just outside my generational span of music involvement. I actually do like REM and I think they were kind of the flagship of that jangle pop kind of era. On the other hand I don't really like Nirvana but I think they spurred a slew of imitators.
WSS
I'm hip. I think whoever is writing this is going for the shock value more than anything else. Plenty of those bands I don't like or don't care about but I can understand their influence on the world of music. Some of them are just outside my generational span of music involvement. I actually do like REM and I think they were kind of the flagship of that jangle pop kind of era. On the other hand I don't really like Nirvana but I think they spurred a slew of imitators.
WSS
bullshit the melvins and the pixies were around before nirvana and there were not any imitators bands like soundgarden had their own sound
-
I'm hip. I think whoever is writing this is going for the shock value more than anything else. Plenty of those bands I don't like or don't care about but I can understand their influence on the world of music. Some of them are just outside my generational span of music involvement. I actually do like REM and I think they were kind of the flagship of that jangle pop kind of era. On the other hand I don't really like Nirvana but I think they spurred a slew of imitators.
WSS
bullshit the melvins and the pixies were around before nirvana and there were not any imitators bands like soundgarden had their own sound
bullshit the melvins and the pixies were around before nirvana and there were not any imitators bands like soundgarden had their own sound
Too bad. The Pixies and The Melvins never caught on. Nirvana did whether I like them or think they were derivative or not. Chuck Berry stool at least a few of his iconic licks. BW3 is the most famous chicken wing place in the world but they stole everything from Frank & Teresa's Anchor Bar.
Also a lot of similarities or built-in by producers and engineers.
WSS
-
I can't stand Metallicrap... They are a bunch of sissy whiners... Kirk Hammett B L O W S!
I thought their whining about royalties was annoying. Still I understand if your income comes from the music you create you want to get paid for it.
Still I really liked the Black Album. And I've heard fans say they were selling out. Oh well. Some people thought Bob Dylan sold out by using electric guitars in his band. Some people thought Ozzy sold out when he released a shot in the dark.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login