Skip to content

These 10 States are America's worst places to live in 2022

Barber Shop Talk
7 4 843 1
  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan1
    #1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #2

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    These 10 States Are America’s Worst Places to Live in 2022 – NBC Chicago

    Obviously liberal biased.  ???       How about the criteria mentioned  ?

    1. Arizona, obvious. Plus the Southwest water big problems. 

    2. Texas, I was a bit surprised but they do have problems.  I never wanted to live there, too hot. When I was there way back 53$ of drivers had no insurance. 

    And....Skilled workers are still flocking to Texas despite longstanding quality of life issues. According to Census data, the state ranks No. 3 for net migration of college educated workers behind Florida and Washington. But when they arrive, they are finding limited childcare options, a stressed health care system with the highest rate of uninsured, new curbs on voting rights, and few protections against discrimination.

    3. Oklahoma,  eh.

    4. South Carolina,  a pit in many ways. 

    And Ohio not on the list, yes and not a hot zone mess with wildfires and major water issues. 

    (See 1. Arizona below.)

    107079775-1655999655603-gettyimages-698907676-96343766.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #3

    Their 10 best states  States really surprised me !  How about you ?  Another subjective list, that's for sure. 

    1. Vermont.  Maybe. 

    2. Maine.

    3. Hawaii.  Vacation yes.  Live not sure a top 10.

    4. North Dakota ?

    5. Minnesota.  ?

    6. Washington 

    7. Nebraska,  really  ?

    8. (tie)  New Jersey, Oregon.  NJ and anywhere ?  😆

    10. Iowa. Hmmm.  Obviously they like the great midwest and northwest and northeast.  Vermont,  Maine.      Obviously. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Have to admit that's the first time I have seen La. next door do better in anything than Texas. But somehow they no longer count a lack of a state income tax as a plus as do only 4 other states. I guess maybe they finally figured out that the sky high property tax in this state offsets that advantage.

  • Have to admit that's the first time I have seen La. next door do better in anything than Texas. But somehow they no longer count a lack of a state income tax as a plus as do only 4 other states. I guess maybe they finally figured out that the sky high property tax in this state offsets that advantage.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @texasag1969 said:

    Have to admit that's the first time I have seen La. next door do better in anything than Texas. But somehow they no longer count a lack of a state income tax as a plus as do only 4 other states. I guess maybe they finally figured out that the sky high property tax in this state offsets that advantage.

    Just grow more Polk Salad lol...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Have to admit that's the first time I have seen La. next door do better in anything than Texas. But somehow they no longer count a lack of a state income tax as a plus as do only 4 other states. I guess maybe they finally figured out that the sky high property tax in this state offsets that advantage.

    Just grow more Polk Salad lol...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #6

    @nickers said:

    Just grow more Polk Salad lol...

    Like Polk Salad Annie......as sung by Elvis......

        Polk....salad....Annie...

    f some of ya'll never been down south too much
    Some y'all never been down s-
    I'm gonna tell you a little story so's you'll understand what I'm talkin' about
    Down there we have a plant that grows out in the woods, and the fields
    And it looks somethin' like a turnip green
    Everybody calls it polk salad
    Now that's polk salad
    Used to know a girl lived down there and she'd go out in the evenings and
    Pick her a mess of it
    Carry it home and cook it for supper
    Because that's about all they had to eat
    But they did all right
     
    Down in Louisiana, where the alligators grow so mean
    Lived a girl, that I swear to the world
    Made the alligators look tame
    Polk salad Annie,  gators got your granny
    Everybody said it was a shame
    Because her momma was a workin' on the chain gang
    A mean vicious woman
     
    Everyday before supper time, she'd go down by the truck patch
    And pick her a mess of polk salad, and carry it home in a tow sack
    Polk salad Annie, the gators got your granny........ continued.......by Elvis version.......
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Have to admit that's the first time I have seen La. next door do better in anything than Texas. But somehow they no longer count a lack of a state income tax as a plus as do only 4 other states. I guess maybe they finally figured out that the sky high property tax in this state offsets that advantage.

    Just grow more Polk Salad lol...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @nickers said:

    Just grow more Polk Salad lol...

    We used to outgrow 'em in rice production, but they slipped in the back door.??