Skip to content

Lesters and Such

Barber Shop Talk
89 5 4.3k 1
  • A look ahead at the C9 Corvette and more like the undisclosed future electic Corvette.   The current C8 gas Corvette are here and will stay for now.

    The future electric Corvette will be coming   "probably "  why it's so hard to find one now......at any price.   Now ........back to the future....... from the  corVette site.....

    ......Some time ago we moved the Corvette team into the EV space in Warren, Michigan, and when we revealed the new mid-engine Corvette, I said there would be “more to come.” This morning I sat down with Phil LeBeau of CNBC and finally answered the question I’ve been asked countless times.

    Yes, in addition to the amazing new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and other gas-powered variants coming, we will offer an electrified and a fully electric, Ultium-based Corvette in the future. In fact, we will offer an electrified Corvette as early as next year. Details and names to come at a later date.

    In addition, we also announced today Ultium Platform’s energy recovery system, a patented onboard system that takes the heat generated by EV batteries and uses it to warm the cabin, create more efficient charging conditions, and even increase vehicle acceleration. And it can boost the vehicle’s range by about 10%. It’s a perfect example of how developing a ground-up EV platform like Ultium enables unique features not easily done with a retrofit.” -----> more at the  cor V ette site ----->

  • Here's a custom built I had. A buddy of mine holding it. He is the only person I know (real life, not interweb) who has a gold record in his studio that I've seen with my own eyes.

    No photo description available.

    He received it for this album. Video from which was in heavy rotation on MTV back in the day.

    Yeah, he and the blonde singer are the same guy

  • @nickers said:

    The picture doesn't do justice to how beautiful the scratch plate really is.

    The pic does enough justice.  That pickguard woke up the guitar nicely.  And Warmouth makes nice necks.

    Here's my Partscaster:  Warmouth roasted maple neck, Lace sensor gold pickups with a hot gold at the bridge, Wilkinson tremolo system, LSR Rollernut.  Van Gogh  🙂

    Van Gogh Stratocaster.png

    @orion said:

    The pic does enough justice.  That pickguard woke up the guitar nicely.  And Warmouth makes nice necks.

    Here's my Partscaster:  Warmouth roasted maple neck, Lace sensor gold pickups with a hot gold at the bridge, Wilkerson tremolo system, LSR Rollernut.  Van Gogh  🙂

    Van Gogh Stratocaster.png

    NICE!!

    My 2014 AM Dlx Strat .. It started life with a HSS pup configuration. I put the mint green pickguard on with HS3s in it

    No photo description available.

  • My #1 Strat and my doit all Strat... ones a cheapie (#1) and the other is a Mexican Fender.. The fender has a Duncan P-rails hot pickup in the rear... Two cool rails in the single slots. #1 has a SH 6 Duncan Distortion in the rear.. Stock single in the middle... Cool rails on the neck...

    1941421_10152296528069894_1623772951_o.jpg

    1243607_10151855608889894_1147963208_o.jpg

  • Good morning...

    This is Blackie. Blackie will get a workout today ???

    No photo description available.

  • Speaking of Strats

  • AxeA Axe

    Good morning...

    This is Blackie. Blackie will get a workout today ???

    No photo description available.

    @axe said:

    Good morning...

    This is Blackie. Blackie will get a workout today ???

    No photo description available.

    That looks great.. I just can't stand Floyds... To me Floyds are overrated bunk... If you set stock whammies up the way Leo Fender intended... They stay in tune.. And you can dive bomb the crap out of'em...  I have done it... I laugh every time someone tries to sell me on Floyds... I just give them the bird...

  • My Highway One:  (removed pickups and installed Fender Custom Shop 54's)

    Hwy 1 med.png

  • Made in Japan.  Bo Didley designed it and had one made.  Down the road he gave it to Billy Gibbons who wouldn't use it on the road because it was a one-off.  He went to Gretsch and asked them to make it.  Comes with TV Jones pickups.

    Billy-Bo - Lrg -  script - F.png

  • One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

  • AxeA Axe

    One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

    @axe said:

    One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

    Very sweet!

  • AxeA Axe

    One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

    @axe said:

    One of my builds.

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

  • @axe said:

    One of my builds.

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

    @orion said:

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

    I need a Jag....

  • Good morning!

    My old Edwards Sykes model

    No photo description available.

    I've barely scratched the surface here with pics guys.

    Yes, I have the disease ???

  • AxeA Axe

    Good morning!

    My old Edwards Sykes model

    No photo description available.

    I've barely scratched the surface here with pics guys.

    Yes, I have the disease ???

    @axe said:

    Good morning!

    My old Edwards Sykes model

    No photo description available.

    I've barely scratched the surface here with pics guys.

    Yes, I have the disease ???

    Me too.. I'm just out of room lol...

  • AxeA Axe

    @orion said:

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

    I need a Jag....

    @axe said:

    I need a Jag....

    Mine is the Classic Player Jaguar Special HH....item # 0141713305.   I mention only because that's the only one (of the Jaguar fleet) that I wanted.  I wanted the one where the upper controls rolled each pickup to humbucker or single coil or anywhere in between.  -  I was going to state, when I was posting it, that it was a 'cool' guitar.  

    .....you certainly love your LP's.

  • I sure do... ?

    Let's stay on LPs then briefly

    2013 Gibson Les Paul Std Plus Top

    No photo description available.

  • Beautiful Les Paul.   I would rank this and others you guys have here as collectors musical instruments.   Really nice.

  • My Ernie Ball Musicman JP15

    20220225_132434 (2).jpg

  • Carvin CT6C

    No photo description available.

    Those Reindeer have entirely too much time on their hands 😉

    No photo description available.