Skip to content

Lesters and Such

Barber Shop Talk
89 5 4.3k 1
  • My Highway One:  (removed pickups and installed Fender Custom Shop 54's)

    Hwy 1 med.png

  • Made in Japan.  Bo Didley designed it and had one made.  Down the road he gave it to Billy Gibbons who wouldn't use it on the road because it was a one-off.  He went to Gretsch and asked them to make it.  Comes with TV Jones pickups.

    Billy-Bo - Lrg -  script - F.png

  • One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

  • AxeA Axe

    One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

    @axe said:

    One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

    Very sweet!

  • AxeA Axe

    One of my builds..

    OFR, SD JB/59 pickups, Warmoth birds eye maple neck

    No photo description available.

    No photo description available.

    @axe said:

    One of my builds.

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

  • @axe said:

    One of my builds.

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

    @orion said:

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

    I need a Jag....

  • Good morning!

    My old Edwards Sykes model

    No photo description available.

    I've barely scratched the surface here with pics guys.

    Yes, I have the disease ???

  • AxeA Axe

    Good morning!

    My old Edwards Sykes model

    No photo description available.

    I've barely scratched the surface here with pics guys.

    Yes, I have the disease ???

    @axe said:

    Good morning!

    My old Edwards Sykes model

    No photo description available.

    I've barely scratched the surface here with pics guys.

    Yes, I have the disease ???

    Me too.. I'm just out of room lol...

  • AxeA Axe

    @orion said:

    Wow, the dot inlays match!  Nice!

    Here's a not so cool pic of my Jag.  The roller wheels at the top roll each pickup between humbucker and single coil...and anywhere in between.  I did a mod with the bottom switch plate.  It comes with 3 slide switches down there.  It now has a toggle for the pickups and just one slide switch for a low-cut.

    Jaguar p.png

    I need a Jag....

    @axe said:

    I need a Jag....

    Mine is the Classic Player Jaguar Special HH....item # 0141713305.   I mention only because that's the only one (of the Jaguar fleet) that I wanted.  I wanted the one where the upper controls rolled each pickup to humbucker or single coil or anywhere in between.  -  I was going to state, when I was posting it, that it was a 'cool' guitar.  

    .....you certainly love your LP's.

  • I sure do... ?

    Let's stay on LPs then briefly

    2013 Gibson Les Paul Std Plus Top

    No photo description available.

  • Beautiful Les Paul.   I would rank this and others you guys have here as collectors musical instruments.   Really nice.

  • My Ernie Ball Musicman JP15

    20220225_132434 (2).jpg

  • Carvin CT6C

    No photo description available.

    Those Reindeer have entirely too much time on their hands 😉

    No photo description available.

  • My "main" Lester.. ???

    2018 Les Paul Standard in Cobalt Blue.. I've been thru a ton of Les Pauls over the last 50 yrs..

    This one will never leave..

    May be an image of guitar and indoor

    May be an image of guitar and outdoors

  • Where did y'all go?

    My sanctuary.. Old pic anyhow

    No photo description available.

  • AxeA Axe

    Where did y'all go?

    My sanctuary.. Old pic anyhow

    No photo description available.

    @axe said:

    Where did y'all go?

    My sanctuary.. Old pic anyhow

    No photo description available.

    Very nice sanctuary for kicking back with some tunes or maybe some football,  very nice indeed. 

    Relaxing just to look at.

  • My late spring,  summer up to football  season  outdoor relaxation areas look like this.  Our 14' x 18' deck. w/ cable TV,  stereo, additional swivel chairs,  a table and chairs,  radio, phone  etc   etc not shown -and our  about  8' x 11'  brick patio with our outdoor 3 burner gas grill., brick walkway around the house and deck all. also not shown.

    And the  Cleveland BROWNS  flag stays out there  365 days !    Our fall to spring deck with a different furniture layout is also nice, we use our deck and grill 12 months and year....or more, lol.     😁

    ●  NOTE ●  I'm working on more pictures.    

    GO  BROWNS and BUCKEYES  !

    20220704_122003.jpeg

    20220715_095241.jpeg

  • *  Whew.  Done digging through pictures for now !

    Here's a winter going into spring of our flower garden getting ready to be converted to our BIG flower/herb garden a few years ago. 

    And our brick patio (pictured +/- after 1989)  about completed and our West Side brick walkway which goes from the driveway to the other side of the house. 

    We build our house in 1985 fenced in the backyard and put in our barn in  in 1986.  Started the brick walkway in 1988  Finished the deck and the brick patio in 1989..  Pretty much complete then.   You can see part of our covered grill on the patio in a few pictures  there, grill on the brick patio was also done in 1989.

    *   (NOTE:  I did the specifications and design for the deck and layout for the brickwork for the walkway and patio.  We had some really good carpenters buid the deck. The main guy of two built custom houses for 10 years in Texas this was his second job after moving back to Ohio in 1989..    Nice to find good people. 

    I's pretty much been a process....but never 100%  done.    This is our backyard sanctuary.    😉

    20220319_122930.jpg

    20220319_123058.jpg

    20220319_122649.jpg

  • Oh and one of our winter guests maybe  last year +/- .  

    *   Your den, family room, man cave or cellar or outdoor oasis or sanctuary .is just that, yours and might take years to do....if you're ever done.  Just enjoy something.       🙂

    20220315_133035.jpg

  • I couldn't resist.  I've had it for a week now.  🙂     I didn't have a P90 guitar.

    Aristocrat - med.png