Skip to content

Lesters and Such

Barber Shop Talk
89 5 4.3k 1
  • full_007-im-11212c6b-449c-42bf-9c79-728c

  • The newbie SG meets his brother LP   🙂    (both Sparkling Burgundy- SG Special and Les Paul Modern )  

    SG & LP.png

    @orion said:

    The newbie SG meets his brother LP   🙂    (both Sparkling Burgundy- SG Special and Les Paul Modern )  

    SG & LP.png

    I love SG's... The necks are a bit cumbersome for me because of the amount of shoulder on the neck... But I love the sound...

  • @orion said:

    The newbie SG meets his brother LP   🙂    (both Sparkling Burgundy- SG Special and Les Paul Modern )  

    SG & LP.png

    I love SG's... The necks are a bit cumbersome for me because of the amount of shoulder on the neck... But I love the sound...

    @nickers said:

    The necks are a bit

    Yeah, that's a thing with SG's.  The neck wants to dive.  You have to use a grippy backed strap.  And then the placement of the strap button makes you get a good view of the back of the neck with the face of the guitar tipped away from you.  But it's a great sitting guitar.

    I knew all of the negatives because I used to own one years ago but I traded it in on something because I found that I didn't like chunky necks and really tall frets.  This one, of course, is a slim C neck and medium jumbo frets...which is what I like.  And it comes with the P90's like my old one did.  I liked the sound of the old one...and I like the sound of this one.  I just wonder what it would sound like with Seymore Duncan Antiquities in it....

  • Strap came in today.  Truss rod cover, the other day.

    SG & Strap -m.png

  • Strap came in today.  Truss rod cover, the other day.

    SG & Strap -m.png

    @orion said:

    Strap came in today.  Truss rod cover, the other day.

    SG & Strap -m.png

    Dude that is a wicked look

  • @orion said:

    Strap came in today.  Truss rod cover, the other day.

    SG & Strap -m.png

    Dude that is a wicked look

    @nickers said:

    Dude that is a wicked look

    It's a Perri's strap.  Nice leather.  Nice grippy suede inside.  Perfect for an SG (half, dumb luck).  80 bucks on their site.  I got the last one on Amazon for $28.  (the other half)    Gotta tell ya though, it doesn't look good with the Brown jersey.  🙂  

  • Thank to Fedex, This is what my SG looked like when they were done with it

    ThankYouFedex2.thumb.jpg.039e0ca231100508707f946e846a2b4e.jpg

    And luckily I know a very good Gibson certified luthier that put her back together again

    20220701_160314.jpg

  • AxeA Axe

    Thank to Fedex, This is what my SG looked like when they were done with it

    ThankYouFedex2.thumb.jpg.039e0ca231100508707f946e846a2b4e.jpg

    And luckily I know a very good Gibson certified luthier that put her back together again

    20220701_160314.jpg

    @axe said:

    Thank to Fedex, This is what my SG looked like when they were done with it

    Oh my!   And that's always the fear with the package handlers.  Especially with those swept back headstocks of Gibsons.  

    Looks real nice in the 'after' shot.  It's a Standard right?  And it's not faded pelham blue right?

  • @axe said:

    Thank to Fedex, This is what my SG looked like when they were done with it

    Oh my!   And that's always the fear with the package handlers.  Especially with those swept back headstocks of Gibsons.  

    Looks real nice in the 'after' shot.  It's a Standard right?  And it's not faded pelham blue right?

    @orion said:

    Oh my!   And that's always the fear with the package handlers.  Especially with those swept back headstocks of Gibsons.  

    Looks real nice in the 'after' shot.  It's a Standard right?  And it's not faded pelham blue right?

    I'd sold it to a fella in Va and that's what it looked like when it got there 🙁 I reimbursed him and paid to have it sent back. The luthier had it for months and yes it is a Standard in Pelham Blue. That was the hold up, getting the paint from Gibson. While we were at it I had a Seymour Duncan JB/59 set of pups dropped in.

  • AxeA Axe

    @orion said:

    Oh my!   And that's always the fear with the package handlers.  Especially with those swept back headstocks of Gibsons.  

    Looks real nice in the 'after' shot.  It's a Standard right?  And it's not faded pelham blue right?

    I'd sold it to a fella in Va and that's what it looked like when it got there 🙁 I reimbursed him and paid to have it sent back. The luthier had it for months and yes it is a Standard in Pelham Blue. That was the hold up, getting the paint from Gibson. While we were at it I had a Seymour Duncan JB/59 set of pups dropped in.

    @axe said:

    Seymour Duncan JB/59 set of pups dropped in.

    I'm thinking of going that rout.. I love my SD distortion SH-6.. But It doesn't clean up like it should when rolling back the volume knob... But I do love the dripping power of it...

  • @axe said:

    Seymour Duncan JB/59 set of pups dropped in.

    I'm thinking of going that rout.. I love my SD distortion SH-6.. But It doesn't clean up like it should when rolling back the volume knob... But I do love the dripping power of it...

    @nickers said:

    I'm thinking of going that rout.. I love my SD distortion SH-6.. But It doesn't clean up like it should when rolling back the volume knob... But I do love the dripping power of it...

    I just counted, 15 of my instruments have the JB/59 or JB/Jazz combos in them and each has a slightly different personality despite have the same pups in them

  • AxeA Axe

    @nickers said:

    I'm thinking of going that rout.. I love my SD distortion SH-6.. But It doesn't clean up like it should when rolling back the volume knob... But I do love the dripping power of it...

    I just counted, 15 of my instruments have the JB/59 or JB/Jazz combos in them and each has a slightly different personality despite have the same pups in them

    @axe said:

    I just counted, 15 of my instruments have the JB/59 or JB/Jazz combos in them and each has a slightly different personality despite have the same pups in them

    I have found all my guitars have a little something different than the others... A couple are downright thoroughbreds... The other are great cruisers... I beat the crap out of them lol...

  • New (to me) axe time.  🙂  D'Angelico Deluxe Bob Weir Bedford.  It's the first non-strat-like guitar that I can get that Dire Straits (or Clapton Slow Hand album) sound.  Two push-pull pots and a blender knob.  Two Seymour Duncan stacked P-90's and a Lollar single coil in the middle.  Lots of tone options from bright to thick and everything in between.  Locking Grover tuners, Wilkinson tremolo.  I freakin' love this guitar!  I shoulda' bit the bullet and bought one when they first came out so I could've been playing it all along.  

    image.thumb.png.c6375db53e4c7e245133c65cf354b77c.png

  • P90s, NICE! Short scale?

    I've decided at in my 60s was a good time to pick up a set of drums.

    Alesis Strike Pro SE

    My studio engineer is not amused,

    IMG_1263.JPG

  • AxeA Axe

    P90s, NICE! Short scale?

    I've decided at in my 60s was a good time to pick up a set of drums.

    Alesis Strike Pro SE

    My studio engineer is not amused,

    IMG_1263.JPG

    @axe said:

    P90s, NICE! Short scale?

    I've decided at in my 60s was a good time to pick up a set of drums.

    Alesis Strike Pro SE

    My studio engineer is not amused,

    IMG_1263.JPG

    Very nice there   Mr. Axe !        🙂     mjp.

  • AxeA Axe

    P90s, NICE! Short scale?

    I've decided at in my 60s was a good time to pick up a set of drums.

    Alesis Strike Pro SE

    My studio engineer is not amused,

    IMG_1263.JPG

    @axe said:

    Short scale?

    Yeah, 24.75.  

    I bought my 8 yr old grandson a high hat for Christmas.  I'd already gotten him a half-toy snare type drum.  (I mean, Hey, he made me buy him a set of drum sticks in the House of Blues at Disney Springs last November)  🙂 

  • And in the  "and such"  department the 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06,  in Torch Red ..... oh  yeah.

    images (11).jpeg

    images (13).jpeg

    @mjp28 said:

    And in the  "and such"  department the 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06,  in Torch Red ..... oh  yeah.

    images (11).jpeg

    images (13).jpeg

    And the   2023  Z06  Convertable option.      For about  $86,000  (+/-)      Only 1,800 miles  and in  TORCH RED !

    6fCrgSe4e_qSi7mNPUmTqDdJ86c.jpg

  • I'm not a huge fan of Torch Red.  Of course Corvettes look good in any color.  🙂 

  • Look what followed me home yesterday ?

    IMG_1573.jpg

    IMG_1575.jpg

    IMG_1576.jpg

  • AxeA Axe

    Look what followed me home yesterday ?

    IMG_1573.jpg

    IMG_1575.jpg

    IMG_1576.jpg

    @axe said:

    Look what followed me home yesterday ?

    IMG_1573.jpg

    IMG_1575.jpg

    IMG_1576.jpg

    Not a fan of Floyds but thats cool