Skip to content

Brown's Talkng to Released/Waived Players

The Browns Board
11 6 1.6k
  • From what I can tell the only value Nick Sorenson would be on special teams...........................as a back up.

  • only 5 WR's....i'd expect legget and norwood to make the PS.

    happy that hoppel may stay around.....

    sutton or jennings?

  • From what I can tell the only value Nick Sorenson would be on special teams...........................as a back up.

    @medicineman said:

    From what I can tell the only value Nick Sorenson would be on special teams...........................as a back up.

    My understanding is he may have been the guy they were trying to trade to the Lions for the QB.

  • 10 DBs and 10 LBs leaves the team short at other positions.

    It does, but one thing we need to remember is mangini isn't just building the team for this year...he is looking 2-3 years down the road.

    If those are the guys he thinks have the most po, he may be willing to go a little short in other areas.

  • only 5 WR's....i'd expect legget and norwood to make the PS.

    happy that hoppel may stay around.....

    sutton or jennings?

    @choco said:

    only 5 WR's....i'd expect legget and norwood to make the PS.

    happy that hoppel may stay around.....

    sutton or jennings?

    Now we know that Sutton is gone. I didn't think he would clear waivers. I doubt very much that Norwood would be considered for the PS. I can't see them keeping more then one receiver there. I would think Leggett and Hubbard both would be ahead of Norwood. I also would think there are a WRs cut that would be better options.

    You would think that going short at WR, DL and OL would mean they need some game ready players on the PS at those positions. I could see Braxton because he plays tackle and knows the system, Hoppel, Jennings and Leggett or Hubbard. I also could see Schaefering, Bartel and Titus Brown. I believe they are all PS eligable.

    I could also see them making some moves at DB and LB if they find better players then what they kept. Lockett could always be released and signed to the practice squad. Sorenson is there because of a lack of depth and could be gone if they think a guy like Anthony Smith would be an upgrade. Also Benard or Leon Williams are ther because the competition just wasn't that great. I see some LBs out there better then Williams. I would certainly take Matt Wilhelm over Leon Williams.

  • The heading of this notes.. "the Browns are talking..." .. that's great, while we are "talking" is see several teams actually signing player.. I guess I should not really complain...that only says they like who they have on the roster better that what we cut by the other teams. I am still surpised we only kept 6 DLmen.

  • The heading of this notes.. "the Browns are talking..." .. that's great, while we are "talking" is see several teams actually signing player.. I guess I should not really complain...that only says they like who they have on the roster better that what we cut by the other teams. I am still surpised we only kept 6 DLmen.

    @sez.ej said:

    The heading of this notes.. "the Browns are talking..." .. that's great, while we are "talking" is see several teams actually signing player.. I guess I should not really complain...that only says they like who they have on the roster better that what we cut by the other teams. I am still surpised we only kept 6 DLmen.

    Remember they only kept 52 so someone is coming in. If you claim a guy off of waivers you pick up his salary. If he clears waivers he signs a new contract. Also, you have to wait your turn, you can't just jump the line to grab someone off of waivers. Guys who had their contract terminated and were released may be talking new contract with teams.

    Actually, we don't really know if they have signed someone or not. They could already have a deal in place. They usually don't say anything until after they pass a physical.

  • We picked up a rookie FA OT Phil Trautwein from Florida (via St. Louis Rams)

  • @sez.ej said:

    The heading of this notes.. "the Browns are talking..." .. that's great, while we are "talking" is see several teams actually signing player.. I guess I should not really complain...that only says they like who they have on the roster better that what we cut by the other teams. I am still surpised we only kept 6 DLmen.

    Remember they only kept 52 so someone is coming in. If you claim a guy off of waivers you pick up his salary. If he clears waivers he signs a new contract. Also, you have to wait your turn, you can't just jump the line to grab someone off of waivers. Guys who had their contract terminated and were released may be talking new contract with teams.

    Actually, we don't really know if they have signed someone or not. They could already have a deal in place. They usually don't say anything until after they pass a physical.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Remember they only kept 52 so someone is coming in. If you claim a guy off of waivers you pick up his salary. If he clears waivers he signs a new contract. Also, you have to wait your turn, you can't just jump the line to grab someone off of waivers. Guys who had their contract terminated and were released may be talking new contract with teams.

    Actually, we don't really know if they have signed someone or not. They could already have a deal in place. They usually don't say anything until after they pass a physical.

    I know the process. but teams higher than us have been signing guys. I see that we are now doing some things.. .. pretty much a waste other than pearman.. I like that move.

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Remember they only kept 52 so someone is coming in. If you claim a guy off of waivers you pick up his salary. If he clears waivers he signs a new contract. Also, you have to wait your turn, you can't just jump the line to grab someone off of waivers. Guys who had their contract terminated and were released may be talking new contract with teams.

    Actually, we don't really know if they have signed someone or not. They could already have a deal in place. They usually don't say anything until after they pass a physical.

    I know the process. but teams higher than us have been signing guys. I see that we are now doing some things.. .. pretty much a waste other than pearman.. I like that move.

    @sez.ej said:

    I know the process. but teams higher than us have been signing guys. I see that we are now doing some things.. .. pretty much a waste other than pearman.. I like that move.

    We know have signed 4 guys, is that quick enough? Patience my friend, I don't think they are done yet.