Skip to content

Browns sign Rosen

The Browns Board
217 31 9.9k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    I just don't get that at all. Either you're a Browns fan regardless of how p.o.'d they make you sometimes or you're not. You don't hope the worst for your team ever. Nor do you ever root for a former player you liked to beat them just to prove yourself right that they should not have let him go. That's just not being a true fan IMO. God knows after watching OU & A&M request the clock be running all the time in the second half of a 66-0 OU rout of my Aggies I was thinking Francione is the worst coach in our history. I was fit to be tied. But I never rooted for them to lose to anybody so we could be rid of him. That makes zero sense for a real fan of a team.

    Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.. Folks asked me "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

    If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong.  🙁   

    @hoorta said:

    Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.

    ....... Folks asked me   "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

    If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong........  🙁   

    I look at it as I'm a Cleveland BROWNS  fan not a this guy  or. this coach. or this owner fan.

    That's like  " I'll  cancel my tickets, burn my jackets and jerseys and all my memorabilia......everything. that will show them, nah nah, nah."  

    Like my mother used to say......"don't cut off your nose to spite your face".   What will that get you  nothing.   That's just childish behavior and it gets you nowhere. 

    I've been a BROWNS,  INDIANS,  BUCKEYES,  NAVY, YSU  and. ND with a few others.   And of course my point of view. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.. Folks asked me "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

    If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong.  🙁   

    I'm not rooting for them to lose... But I would love for Baker to get some revenge.. Whether you like him or not... He got fucked over...

    @nickers said:

    I'm not rooting for them to lose... But I would love for Baker to get some revenge.. Whether you like him or not... He got fucked over...

    He got replaced by a better player.

    If that means he got "fucked over", well, welcome to the NFL - and life. 

  • @nickers said:

    I'm not rooting for them to lose... But I would love for Baker to get some revenge.. Whether you like him or not... He got fucked over...

    He got replaced by a better player.

    If that means he got "fucked over", well, welcome to the NFL - and life. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He got replaced by a better player.

    If that means he got "fucked over", well, welcome to the NFL - and life. 

    i will never understand nickers point of view go root for carolina nickers

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    He got replaced by a better player.

    If that means he got "fucked over", well, welcome to the NFL - and life. 

    i will never understand nickers point of view go root for carolina nickers

    @syd said:

    i will never understand nickers point of view go root for carolina nickers

    Honestly, I don't even try. 

  • @syd said:

    i will never understand nickers point of view go root for carolina nickers

    Honestly, I don't even try. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Honestly, I don't even try. 

    maybe he can act all condescending on a carolina board

  • @hoorta said:

    Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.. Folks asked me "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

    If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong.  🙁   

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    OK, Impressive, I'm old and my memory is failing... 😁  

  • @hoorta said:

    Said it a bunch of times.. Not a Watson fan, but it is what it is... Players come and go, other than the very top players. NFL- Not For Long.  Unless you're some kind of Browns geek with a photographic memory, you probably couldn't even name ten Browns players on that team from the 2012 season.  I weathered 1-15, and 0-16.. Folks asked me "why don't you dump your season tickets?"  They don't understand.

    If you're rooting for your team to lose, just because you like a former player?  That's just wrong.  🙁   

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off.

    WRs though?

    Greg Little and Robiski 

    Did we have Flash yet? Or was that 2013?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off.

    WRs though?

    Greg Little and Robiski 

    Did we have Flash yet? Or was that 2013?

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off

    This game will forever be known for Brandon Weeden getting stuck under the giant American flag just before starting his first NFL game.

    It all went downhill for him from then. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    OK, Impressive, I'm old and my memory is failing... 😁  

    @hoorta said:

    I'm old and my memory is failing...

    I'll never forget Ogbo's block on Ray Lewis.  Was a thing of beauty.   (watch on youtube)   I liked him.  I thought he was a smart football player.  He could do all aspects of the RB position.  He wasn't a great player, but he was a pretty good player.  He always knew where to go...where he was needed...and accomplished the task.  Be it run, catch, find the blitzer....he'd do the job.

  • I just can't wait for the 2022 BROWNS football season to get started from preseason Game 1.

    Get this brutal offseason over and buried for good.   Time for us all to take a deep breath and relax. 

    We've all been through a lot it's just time to move on !   I don't remember any off year in my roughly six plus decades as a Cleveland Browns fan it being  so miserable of an offseason.  I will apologize to any fans out there if I've been nasty in any way its just been a miserable seven +/-  months.    

    GO BROWNS,  can't  wait baby !     🙂

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Opening day 2012 team? 

    QB weeden

    1Back Richardson 

    2back Obby

    TE1 Cam Jordan

    LT - Joe

    LG - Lavaou

    C - Mack 

    RG - pinkston? I think 

    RT - Schwartz

    LE - Sheard

    Nose - Phil Taylor

    DT - I want to say Hughes? 

    RE - Frosty 

    LB - DQ

    LB - from the eagles...shit... trying to remember his name - him. 

    DBs - Haden, Sheldon Brown, TJ, Usama Young? I think? 

    How'd I do?  That was without google 

    Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off.

    WRs though?

    Greg Little and Robiski 

    Did we have Flash yet? Or was that 2013?

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off.

    WRs though?

    Greg Little and Robiski 

    Did we have Flash yet? Or was that 2013?

    Gordon was picked up in the supplemental that year- 2nd round bid

  • @orion said:

    2 Cents.    I like it here because the mods are pretty cool.  They let ya go off topic.  They let ya say stuff.  It's a cool place.

    Political boards:   The political country is in a major divide.   The democrats absolutely hate republicans.  And it's the same in reverse.  The two groups CANNOT discuss with one another.  You would have to have TWO political forums.  One for dems and one for republicans.   To bring them together is just gonna make people dislike one another to the core.  

    I never go to that forum.  I wouldn't be able to make anyone from the opposing point of view understand what I think is proper and isn't.....and I would just learn to hate, what, 50% of you?

    You can't have a guns vs non guns forum.  You can't have a religion forum.  You can't have an abortion forum.  Etc.   You are not allowed to discuss third rail topics at work because it destroys morale and pisses people off.  

    That's my 2 cents on third rail forums.   

    An astute observation Orion... Opinions are so dug in you're not going to change anyone's mind. A little OT and political forum POV from me, FYI... But it needs to be said. The guys on our political forum wouldn't last a week if they ventured over to the Washington Post's discussions that follow almost every article. Their spew would almost instantly be deleted, and they'd be banned from posting.  

    Should you go to liberal leaning blogs like Farron Cousins, Glen Kirchner, David Packman, or even posting alt-right opinions on MSNBC YouTubes... The trolls and folks who are still drinking Trump Kool-Aid are immediately outed, reported, and generally laughed at. 

    @hoorta said:

    An astute observation Orion... Opinions are so dug in you're not going to change anyone's mind. A little OT and political forum POV from me, FYI... But it needs to be said. The guys on our political forum wouldn't last a week if they ventured over to the Washington Post's discussions that follow almost every article. Their spew would almost instantly be deleted, and they'd be banned from posting.  

    Should you go to liberal leaning blogs like Farron Cousins, Glen Kirchner, David Packman, or even posting alt-right opinions on MSNBC YouTubes... The trolls and folks who are still drinking Trump Kool-Aid are immediately outed, reported, and generally laughed at. 

    Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

  • @hoorta said:

    An astute observation Orion... Opinions are so dug in you're not going to change anyone's mind. A little OT and political forum POV from me, FYI... But it needs to be said. The guys on our political forum wouldn't last a week if they ventured over to the Washington Post's discussions that follow almost every article. Their spew would almost instantly be deleted, and they'd be banned from posting.  

    Should you go to liberal leaning blogs like Farron Cousins, Glen Kirchner, David Packman, or even posting alt-right opinions on MSNBC YouTubes... The trolls and folks who are still drinking Trump Kool-Aid are immediately outed, reported, and generally laughed at. 

    Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

    @ballpeen said:

    Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

    My goodness, if this thread hasn't proven anything, its proven that no one plays the victim like a conservative! 

  • @hoorta said:

    An astute observation Orion... Opinions are so dug in you're not going to change anyone's mind. A little OT and political forum POV from me, FYI... But it needs to be said. The guys on our political forum wouldn't last a week if they ventured over to the Washington Post's discussions that follow almost every article. Their spew would almost instantly be deleted, and they'd be banned from posting.  

    Should you go to liberal leaning blogs like Farron Cousins, Glen Kirchner, David Packman, or even posting alt-right opinions on MSNBC YouTubes... The trolls and folks who are still drinking Trump Kool-Aid are immediately outed, reported, and generally laughed at. 

    Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

    @ballpeen said:

    Right...libs only publish what they want.  If the narrative doesn't fit they create a way to call you a racist.

    I think that goes both ways on everything out there now both here on TBB and moreso on other sites is so    "carefully and deliberately"    selected to get their message across that being  we're right  and you're WRONG !

    Nowhere is that more clearly shown than the political cartoons out there.....and I love ❤️ them, both sides, on the same issues.  It's so quickly and professionally done just like a comic strip.

    Politics and comedy go so well together.    😆

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's almost like a Browns-first message board shouldn't even have a political board... 

    Most boards have political forums. Stan always had one. If you go to the OBR, they have what they call "The Happy Sunshine Politics" forum. It is a place that nobody should venture into without hip waders and a bulletproof vest. An ability not to take things too seriously would help too.

    The reason Barry McBride (a damn good dude) keeps it there? To send folks that direction who want to start talking political trash, otherwise they start shit talking over on the main football forums. Ballpeen/Russ's board Dawgtalkers has a political genius forum as well. The Browns board that split from Stan's board (won't mention the name here) also has one, so not sure I understand where you are coming from pertaining to why a Browns first message board shouldn't have a political forum. 

    The problem here is that there hasn't been any moderation for the political spillage onto the main Browns forum of the site. It is that simple. 

    I'm not looking to ruin the fun around here, but this board has got to get better. Stan envisioned a censor less place, but times have changed to some degree. Steve has put a ton of effort into keeping Stan's baby alive and afloat, but at the rate it is going, it ain't gonna last. It will be an echo chamber for a few guys to come in daily and throw snark at their enemies. 

    A guy like Tia puts a ton of work into some of his film breakdown posts and nobody gives a shit. Threads get hijacked with nonsense and personal battles. It is going to end. Promotion of real football talk is going to start, and personal attacks are done unless completely warranted. To be concise, a "personal attack" doesn't directly connotate disagreement or debate, but there is a way to go about it.

    Posts are going to start being deleted that are nothing but snarky personal attacks that bring nothing to the discussion.

    Starting threads with every little whim of thought will be either merged or deleted. That goes for you, Cal.

    Throwing passive/aggressive political innuendos into posts will get it deleted. 

    I'm not one to passively try to dissuade shit posting. I may throw a warning or may not, but I'm also not one to play around with warnings and back and forth that much, either. 

    Start posting to others like you were sitting next to them at a bar and having a conversation. Show respect.

    @riffer-x said:

    Starting threads with every little whim of thought will be either merged or deleted. That goes for you, Cal.

    Yeah, well.....duly noted.

    dammit. (lol)

  • @riffer-x said:

    Starting threads with every little whim of thought will be either merged or deleted. That goes for you, Cal.

    Yeah, well.....duly noted.

    dammit. (lol)

    @calfoxwc said:

    Yeah, well.....duly noted.

    dammit. (lol)

    We are not just site moderators we are also referees  like in a heavyweight fight.   " So watch those low blows guys, keep those gloves up".   

    Hey it goes with the job now but we can  (and will)  handle it....no problem right ?    😉

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Wow that’s pretty good.  This was the game where TRich made Kurt Coleman’s lid fly off

    This game will forever be known for Brandon Weeden getting stuck under the giant American flag just before starting his first NFL game.

    It all went downhill for him from then. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    This game will forever be known for Brandon Weeden getting stuck under the giant American flag just before starting his first NFL game.

    It all went downhill for him from then. 

    I’d probably say it was before that…at the time we were spiraling downward for years with no end in sight and we drafted him. 
     

    But I remember watching that and didn’t realize it was his first game or week 1 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    This game will forever be known for Brandon Weeden getting stuck under the giant American flag just before starting his first NFL game.

    It all went downhill for him from then. 

    I’d probably say it was before that…at the time we were spiraling downward for years with no end in sight and we drafted him. 
     

    But I remember watching that and didn’t realize it was his first game or week 1 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’d probably say it was before that…at the time we were spiraling downward for years with no end in sight and we drafted him. 
     

    But I remember watching that and didn’t realize it was his first game or week 1 

    I believe I made roughly 395,242 geriatric jokes at Weeden's expense on the old message board I was on. 

    He was practically the same age when the Browns drafted him as Jim Brown was when he retired. He was so old, his social security number matched his jersey number. His Gatorade bottle was filled with prune juice. 

    Weeden was the perfect example why completion percentage in college can be so misleading, kind of like the guy we drafted a few years later that also was from the Big 12. 

  • wasnt sure where to put this and didnt feel it needed its own thread but before DW we went after wilson and he flat out gave us the middle finger and said hell no to playing in Cleveland so heres to wilson falling on his face in denver Like i cared anyway

  • Just read that rosen is 3rd string..behind brisket.  Brisket will start if deshaun rubandtug cant play