IS CHARLIE FRYE BACK?
-
Just when everyone was wanting to write off the former Akron great he comes back to be the backup to Russell. Apparently, his excellent play forced the release of Garcia. Could a starting gig be next after Russell sucks?
Way to go Charlie!!!!
-
I've always liked Frye. He was tough as nails when he played for us.
-
hes a good qb like luke mccown both needed time to be groomed. frye was kinda jut thrown into the fire
-
Charlie's place on the Raiders' depth chart tells me one thing: OAK has a chance at being the first team in NFL history to go -1 and 17.
I mean, take a look at that roster if you get a chance. Holy shit. They make last uear's Lions look like an All-Pro team.
mz. said:
Charlie's place on the Raiders' depth chart tells me one thing: OAK has a chance at being the first team in NFL history to go -1 and 17.I mean, take a look at that roster if you get a chance. Holy shit. They make last uear's Lions look like an All-Pro team.
Damn. I thought you left. Didn't you give an "Ultimatum"? Pussy.
-
I was lucky enough to meet Charlie at an autograph signing in Columbus. He was full of handshakes and thank yous....Incredibly nice...I wish him all the best.
-
I'd be "incredibly nice" and "full of handshakes and thank yous" as well, if I were payed millions of dollars to suck at my job.
Absolutey, Just like Ryan Leaf and countless other extremely rich but questionably qualified people. They are always robotically pleasant, you sacrifice your personality when you attain wealth you never earn. Reminds me of the 100 million reasons T.O. has to live.
-
mz. said:
Charlie's place on the Raiders' depth chart tells me one thing: OAK has a chance at being the first team in NFL history to go -1 and 17.I mean, take a look at that roster if you get a chance. Holy shit. They make last uear's Lions look like an All-Pro team.
Damn. I thought you left. Didn't you give an "Ultimatum"? Pussy.
Damn. I thought you left. Didn't you give an "Ultimatum"? Pussy.
Truth is, I came back and saw how much fun Riffer was having spitting on you and was reminded of all the fun I was missing by not doing so myself. So if you despise my presence here, you truly have only yourself to blame.
-
I never did understand the charlie frye supporters. Frye made anderson look like a superstar so I can understand the DA supporters but come on, frye?! He never did anything! Never beat pittsburgh, never had a winning record, never even produced a fun game to watch. And no it wasn't circumstance, he was never the caliber of a starting qb in the nfl and will ride the pine for the rest of his short career.
-
Just when everyone was wanting to write off the former Akron great he comes back to be the backup to Russell. Apparently, his excellent play forced the release of Garcia. Could a starting gig be next after Russell sucks?
Way to go Charlie!!!!
Just when everyone was wanting to write off the former Akron great he comes back to be the backup to Russell. Apparently, his excellent play forced the release of Garcia. Could a starting gig be next after Russell sucks?
Way to go Charlie!!!!
It sounds like they LOVE that kid out there on the California Coast. Riff, those Raiders are the newest version of Charlie's Angels.
- Tom F.
-
Its sounds as if Charlie won't quit.
Good for him, with his lack of talent it will take alot of hard work to even be a backup in the NFL.
-
I was able to meet Charlie at the Taco Bell drive thru this past Saturday; I think I got one of those lava or volcano tacos...pretty good at 1 AM
-
Wooo hoooo let's bring back the Charlie's Frye's and get this thing a cooking again.
Love my local Akron product kicking ass out in Oakland.
Charlie is back, yeah!!!!!
-
@shepwrite said:
I love when grown men call other grown men "pussy." Makes me feel so evolved.I always respond..."You are what you eat....DICK!!!"
(that was not referring to you Shep...just pointing out my usual response)
-
Wooo hoooo let's bring back the Charlie's Frye's and get this thing a cooking again.
Love my local Akron product kicking ass out in Oakland.
Charlie is back, yeah!!!!!
Wooo hoooo let's bring back the Charlie's Frye's and get this thing a cooking again.
Amen to that! That's the kind of QB I can see Hell's Angels finding absolutely adorable in that black hole. Not to get too heebeegeebee level but I don't think Jeff's Garcias found out that black hole didn't want his gerbils in there until it was too late. And suddenly out of nowhere Charlie's Fryes is Biker QB. And just when you think this couldn't get any funnier - you just know Al Davis doesn't even know his name yet. Tell me this thing doesn't have sitcom/reality TV written all over it.
The only way this gets any better is if Shep walks out his front door and hears "how's it going neighbor" from CF. I think I'd pay money to see the expression on Shep's face.
- Tom F.
-
Hey, if Shep and Chaz were neighbors maybe the could play a little catchy poo. That way the Fryster could teach him some proper mechanics and spiral capabilities.
This is proof of what hard work can do for a guy. He just gets it done.
-
I'd be "incredibly nice" and "full of handshakes and thank yous" as well, if I were payed millions of dollars to suck at my job.
Absolutey, Just like Ryan Leaf and countless other extremely rich but questionably qualified people. They are always robotically pleasant, you sacrifice your personality when you attain wealth you never earn. Reminds me of the 100 million reasons T.O. has to live.
Absolutey, Just like Ryan Leaf and countless other extremely rich but questionably qualified people. They are always robotically pleasant, you sacrifice your personality when you attain wealth you never earn. Reminds me of the 100 million reasons T.O. has to live.
Only disagreement here is that Ryan Leaf was never "robotically pleasant" to anyone. The guy was a first class jackass who treated everyone from fans to the media to his teammates like shit.
Charlie Frye, despite being a crappy QB, at least is a nice guy and works hard.
-
I wish him nothing but success (unless it is against us) and hope he proves the na-sayers wrong. Has more heart then talent maybe so but plenty of people have succeeded that way.
-
Rotoworld said:
Tom Cable named Bruce Gradkowski the Raiders' No. 2 QB.Gradkowski beat out Charlie Frye for the job. "I think at the end of the day, you go with the guy that scored the most points in preseason. They were really pretty even, but I think just production, getting in the end zone," Cable said. Expect the Raiders' offense to grind to a halt if JaMarcus Russell goes down.
via here.
More from Adam Schefter:
Adam Schefter said:
Raiders coach Tom Cable said today Jeff Garcia asked for his release. "It was a shock to us all," Cable said. "We were blown away."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login