Skip to content

Where Are They Now?

The Browns Board
54 14 2.5k 1
  • Here's an exciting and insightful new thread for you to peruse, as we find out what ex-Browns greats are up to now!

    In the first installment, lets see what Ray "Bubba" Ventrone, ex-Browns special team superstar is up to!

    https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/bubba-ventrone

    ray venrone.jpeg

  • My goodness, I'm not sure it is right of me to post another one of these so soon after rocking your collective world's with Ray "Bubba" Ventrone news, but who could ever forget former 2015 first round pick Danny Shelton? Well the Kansas City Chiefs didn't, that for sure! 

    https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article264343131.html

    danny shelton.jpeg

  • My goodness, I'm not sure it is right of me to post another one of these so soon after rocking your collective world's with Ray "Bubba" Ventrone news, but who could ever forget former 2015 first round pick Danny Shelton? Well the Kansas City Chiefs didn't, that for sure! 

    https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article264343131.html

    danny shelton.jpeg

    @dutch-oven said:

    My goodness, I'm not sure it is right of me to post another one of these so soon after rocking your collective world's with Ray "Bubba" Ventrone news, but who could ever forget former 2015 first round pick Danny Shelton? Well the Kansas City Chiefs didn't, that for sure! 

    https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article264343131.html

    You are forgiven Son of cal.?

  • Holy shitballs, a thousand apologies upon all of you fine people, I've made you wait most of the day for an update on former Browns standout defensive back Terrance "Money Mitch" Mitchell! Money Mitch - who played for the Browns from 2018-2020 - now plays for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots! Here's a super duper video of Terrance causing a fumble in the Pats preseason game. 

    https://www.patriots.com/video/malcolm-butler-recovers-fumble-forced-by-terrance-mitchell-for-patriots-turnover

    terrance mitchell .jpeg

  • This enthralling thread would not be complete without an update on the "Pierogie Prince of Parma", Jamie Meder! In the midst of a 1-31 stretch in 2016-17, Meder single-handily gave the Browns their lone victory, by blocking a late 4th quarter field goal vs the then San Diego Chargers to preserve a Browns 20-17 win. Rumors are that if the Browns build a new stadium, it will include a 50 foot statue of Meder blocking that kick with one hand, and eating pierogies with the other. Possibly, the most Cleveland statue, ever. Meder retired from the NFL a few years ago, and in January, 2021 he became a police officer in Brooklyn Heights. 

    jamie meder.jpg

  • Now boys and girls, isn't getting up to date with ex-Browns players a hoot? Do you feel like your life isn't complete without knowing what players who have nothing to do with the current team are up to? WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

    Next up is ex-Browns TE Darren Fells, who played for the Browns in 2018. While he was the third string TE, he was always first in our hearts! Sadly, Fells is not currently on a NFL roster. (Cue sad music)

    darren fells.jpeg

  • I can’t wait for you to do Michael Jackson (not the singer that wears one glove and sings “beat it”).

  • I can’t wait for you to do Michael Jackson (not the singer that wears one glove and sings “beat it”).

    @canton-dawg said:

    I can’t wait for you to do Michael Jackson (not the singer that wears one glove and sings “beat it”).

    That is a quality suggestion, consider it done!

    And let's remember, he was also Michael Dyson for like one game, too. 

  • This train just keeps going! Next stop, ex-Browns WR Michael (Dyson for one game in 1993) Jackson!

    Jackson was a highly productive WR, playing for the Browns during their last five seasons before they left for Baltimore. He finished his career with 353 receptions for 5393 yards and 46 touchdowns.

    He's not up to much these days, since he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2017. He was riding his bike in Louisiana at a high rate of speed, and slammed into a car pulling out of a driveway, also killing the driver. 

    michael jackson browns.jpeg

  • How about the great Freddie Childress..

  • This train just keeps going! Next stop, ex-Browns WR Michael (Dyson for one game in 1993) Jackson!

    Jackson was a highly productive WR, playing for the Browns during their last five seasons before they left for Baltimore. He finished his career with 353 receptions for 5393 yards and 46 touchdowns.

    He's not up to much these days, since he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2017. He was riding his bike in Louisiana at a high rate of speed, and slammed into a car pulling out of a driveway, also killing the driver. 

    michael jackson browns.jpeg

    @dutch-oven said:

    This train just keeps going! Next stop, ex-Browns WR Michael (Dyson for one game in 1993) Jackson!

    Jackson was a highly productive WR, playing for the Browns during their last five seasons before they left for Baltimore. He finished his career with 353 receptions for 5393 yards and 46 touchdowns.

    He's not up to much these days, since he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2017. He was riding his bike in Louisiana at a high rate of speed, and slammed into a car pulling out of a driveway, also killing the driver. 

    michael jackson browns.jpeg

    Damn!

    That didn’t play out like I thought it would.

    R.I.P. To “The Thriller”

  • Holy shitballs, a thousand apologies upon all of you fine people, I've made you wait most of the day for an update on former Browns standout defensive back Terrance "Money Mitch" Mitchell! Money Mitch - who played for the Browns from 2018-2020 - now plays for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots! Here's a super duper video of Terrance causing a fumble in the Pats preseason game. 

    https://www.patriots.com/video/malcolm-butler-recovers-fumble-forced-by-terrance-mitchell-for-patriots-turnover

    terrance mitchell .jpeg

    @dutch-oven said:

    Holy shitballs, a thousand apologies upon all of you fine people, I've made you wait most of the day for an update on former Browns standout defensive back Terrance "Money Mitch" Mitchell! Money Mitch - who played for the Browns from 2018-2020 - now plays for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots! Here's a super duper video of Terrance causing a fumble in the Pats preseason game. 

    https://www.patriots.com/video/malcolm-butler-recovers-fumble-forced-by-terrance-mitchell-for-patriots-turnover

    terrance mitchell .jpeg

    Holy shit balls is so underused. It’s been in heavy rotation for me for a looooooong time. Laughed out loud reading that. ??

  • @dutch-oven said:

    This train just keeps going! Next stop, ex-Browns WR Michael (Dyson for one game in 1993) Jackson!

    Jackson was a highly productive WR, playing for the Browns during their last five seasons before they left for Baltimore. He finished his career with 353 receptions for 5393 yards and 46 touchdowns.

    He's not up to much these days, since he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 12, 2017. He was riding his bike in Louisiana at a high rate of speed, and slammed into a car pulling out of a driveway, also killing the driver. 

    michael jackson browns.jpeg

    Damn!

    That didn’t play out like I thought it would.

    R.I.P. To “The Thriller”

    @canton-dawg said:

    Damn!

    That didn’t play out like I thought it would.

    R.I.P. To “The Thriller”

    I had forgotten that he had passed, and when I starting looking him up I'm all:

    "Did Canton Dawg punk me?" ?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Damn!

    That didn’t play out like I thought it would.

    R.I.P. To “The Thriller”

    I had forgotten that he had passed, and when I starting looking him up I'm all:

    "Did Canton Dawg punk me?" ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I had forgotten that he had passed, and when I starting looking him up I'm all:

    "Did Canton Dawg punk me?" ?

    No…I just remembered his name a couple of weeks ago. ?

    It sort stands out over the years, like Thane Gash, and Fair Hooker.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I have to request a favorite..   JBNC6R2RSRANTJ7NUIR6JC6DNA.thumb.jpg.b4e9d9c3f6af096159a8525202b227ee.jpg  I don't know where he is now?

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/04/brian-brennan-a-lonely-dorm-room-finally-drafted-then-feeling-like-minnie-mouse-terry-pluto.html

    I have one lined up for tomorrow morning, but I'll do one for Brennan this week before I leave for the weekend for enemy territory, i.e. Pittsburgh for their Italian Fest, just for you gumby. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    My goodness, I'm not sure it is right of me to post another one of these so soon after rocking your collective world's with Ray "Bubba" Ventrone news, but who could ever forget former 2015 first round pick Danny Shelton? Well the Kansas City Chiefs didn't, that for sure! 

    https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article264343131.html

    You are forgiven Son of cal.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    You are forgiven Son of cal.?

    The sarcasm is delicious, I vote for Dutch keeping it going.... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That is a quality suggestion, consider it done!

    And let's remember, he was also Michael Dyson for like one game, too. 

    We need updates on Brandon Weeden and Deshone Kaiser too!!!   And WHO can ever forget that epic training camp sensation Ben Gay?  😁 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You are forgiven Son of cal.?

    The sarcasm is delicious, I vote for Dutch keeping it going.... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That is a quality suggestion, consider it done!

    And let's remember, he was also Michael Dyson for like one game, too. 

    We need updates on Brandon Weeden and Deshone Kaiser too!!!   And WHO can ever forget that epic training camp sensation Ben Gay?  😁 

    @hoorta said:

    The sarcasm is delicious, I vote for Dutch keeping it going.... 

    We need updates on Brandon Weeden and Deshone Kaiser too!!!   And WHO can ever forget that epic training camp sensation Ben Gay?  😁 

    Sarcasm? Me? I have no idea what you are talking about, hoorta.

    I actually had thought of doing one for one of the three guys you mentioned!  

  • Great posts and a Very cool thread.  

    How about this guy…Mr. Leroy Hoard.  *ichigan guy but a very good dude.  Who remembers his catch from his back…circa early 90s at the time maybe my favorite touchdown ever. I was around 10 or so I spotted Leroy, Minnifield and here’s another name for you all Pio Sagapulatelli (SIC for sure- and can you find where he is now) in Dayton out and about and forced my Mom to start a conversation with them so I could get autograph.  Please no comments lol…Dad was there too.   
     

    He’s currently on sports talk radio in south Florida….thankfully away from *ichigan football. 

    97D7EEEC-1817-4D1D-908E-33225C8C1D38.jpeg

  • Great posts and a Very cool thread.  

    How about this guy…Mr. Leroy Hoard.  *ichigan guy but a very good dude.  Who remembers his catch from his back…circa early 90s at the time maybe my favorite touchdown ever. I was around 10 or so I spotted Leroy, Minnifield and here’s another name for you all Pio Sagapulatelli (SIC for sure- and can you find where he is now) in Dayton out and about and forced my Mom to start a conversation with them so I could get autograph.  Please no comments lol…Dad was there too.   
     

    He’s currently on sports talk radio in south Florida….thankfully away from *ichigan football. 

    97D7EEEC-1817-4D1D-908E-33225C8C1D38.jpeg

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Great posts and a Very cool thread.  

    How about this guy…Mr. Leroy Hoard.  *ichigan guy but a very good dude.  Who remembers his catch from his back…circa early 90s at the time maybe my favorite touchdown ever. I was around 10 or so I spotted Leroy, Minnifield and here’s another name for you all Pio Sagapulatelli (SIC for sure- and can you find where he is now) in Dayton out and about and forced my Mom to start a conversation with them so I could get autograph.  Please no comments lol…Dad was there too.   
     

    He’s currently on sports talk radio in south Florida….thankfully away from *ichigan football. 

    97D7EEEC-1817-4D1D-908E-33225C8C1D38.jpeg

    Always liked Hoard, ran hard and from what I remember was a pretty darn good pass catcher out of the backfield. 

    My potential list continues to grow!

    The thirst for ex-Browns player news is strong here on TBB!