Skip to content

●  SEA +3.5 at PIT ●  On our local CBS WKBN ■ -AND- 9 pm DAL at DEN on NFL Network, next ! ■

The Browns Board
34 10 1.6k 1
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Turned the game on late & missed nothing due to a rain delay.. Saw up to the Jags punt returner getting robbed of a TD return by a refs preseason flag ? end 3rd Qrt.

    I was so glad to see the Guardian caps were not part of it ..

     Don’t be shocked if the #Browns are playing in the HOF game in 2023 with it being Joe Thomas’s induction year.  ?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Three things:

    1. I was totally jealous of all that rain since we have had only an inch in the past 3 1/2 months. Haven't even seen a rain cloud other than that one time back in early May.

    2. Raiders will be decent now that they have a good number of quality RBs.

    3. Verlander is for real. Guardians were never a threat to put up significant scoring. He made Cleveland look like the minors.

  • Three things:

    1. I was totally jealous of all that rain since we have had only an inch in the past 3 1/2 months. Haven't even seen a rain cloud other than that one time back in early May.

    2. Raiders will be decent now that they have a good number of quality RBs.

    3. Verlander is for real. Guardians were never a threat to put up significant scoring. He made Cleveland look like the minors.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    Verlander is for real. Guardians were never a threat to put up significant scoring. He made Cleveland look like the minors.

    Verlander has faced the Indians/Guardians more than any other team.

    He looked great last night, but his career against Cleveland is 22 W’s and 24 L’s.

    Also as a side note, it’s good that they sell beer at the HOF games now.

  • I went to the HOF game last night, and came away with the following:

    1) Travon Walker looked good, I’m not sure if the Jags defensive line is that good or the Raiders offensive line is that bad.

    2) Glad to see Luke Farrell (tOSU TE) being targeted and producing at the Pro level.

    3) Not much positive to say about the Jags other than their punter Logan Cooke punted quite well…after all it is preseason.

    I have to say, I felt a bit nostalgic seeing Josh McDaniels in the same stadium that he and his brother and father won a couple of state titles in.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #13

    @canton-dawg said:

    I went to the HOF game last night, and came away with the following:

    1) Travon Walker looked good, I’m not sure if the Jags defensive line is that good or the Raiders offensive line is that bad.

    2) Glad to see Luke Farrell (tOSU TE) being targeted and producing at the Pro level.

    3) Not much positive to say about the Jags other than their punter Logan Cooke punted quite well…after all it is preseason.

    I have to say, I felt a bit nostalgic seeing Josh McDaniels in the same stadium that he and his brother and father won a couple of state titles in.

    Sounds nice especially for the McDaniels family some coming home party for them  together with the HOF festivities. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I accidentally caught the 4th quarter of  the game when I tuned into what I thought was going to be the 11o'clock news, but... Surprise!!! 😁

    The stands looked 1\2 empty, but if there was a rain delay deluge, understandable if some folks headed for the exits early. 

  • And I'm  NOT.  going to the game  in fact despite going to numerous sporting events and concerts over the years ive  NEVER. gone to a HOF game.   Maybe I should have tried one.  The ticket prices about right for 2022, I'd probably get better seats.

    Plus I WILL. watch the game at least to see the HOF inductees.   Some of the games are dreadful 3rd and 4th quarter  preseason  games.  But with only 3 games they might be more worthwhile.   I think 4 was better to evaluate your talent.

    I also  WILL  try to watch the induction ceremony.  At least the recaps.  Not the most exciting draw  BUT sometimes the speeches are good........sometimes. 

    The new class of Enshrinees was just announced during “NFL Honors,” a two-hour primetime awards special that aired nationally (*already aired) on ABC with simulcasts on ESPN+ and NFL Network. The newest members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame are tackle TONY BOSELLI, wide receiver CLIFF BRANCH, safety LeROY BUTLER, official ART McNALLY, linebacker SAM MILLS, defensive end/defensive tackle RICHARD SEYMOUR, coach DICK VERMEIL and defensive tackle/defensive end BRYANT YOUNG.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #15

    @mjp28 said:

    Not the most exciting draw  BUT sometimes the speeches are good........sometimes. 

     linebacker SAM MILLS

      I don't think a lot of Browns fans may remember? But, LB Sam Mills was cut from the Browns in 1981 when Sam Rutigliano was coaching him as a UDFA ...

    Sam Mills was a 5' 9.75" MLB of a brick-house.. after Sam was cut in Cleveland he played 4 years in the USFL.. Playing with the Saints & Panthers puts Sam in the Hall this weekend..

    Sadly ? Sam Mills passed of cancer at age 45 in 2005..  His statue & "Keep Pounding" was the Panthers way of saying thanks..

    If any get a free hour? Sam Mills/ A Football Life has just ended on the NFL network..  That was a excellent watch !  worth a youtube

              RIP Sam Mills.       Congrats HOF'er ! 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Not the most exciting draw  BUT sometimes the speeches are good........sometimes. 

     linebacker SAM MILLS

      I don't think a lot of Browns fans may remember? But, LB Sam Mills was cut from the Browns in 1981 when Sam Rutigliano was coaching him as a UDFA ...

    Sam Mills was a 5' 9.75" MLB of a brick-house.. after Sam was cut in Cleveland he played 4 years in the USFL.. Playing with the Saints & Panthers puts Sam in the Hall this weekend..

    Sadly ? Sam Mills passed of cancer at age 45 in 2005..  His statue & "Keep Pounding" was the Panthers way of saying thanks..

    If any get a free hour? Sam Mills/ A Football Life has just ended on the NFL network..  That was a excellent watch !  worth a youtube

              RIP Sam Mills.       Congrats HOF'er ! 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gumby73 said:

      I don't think a lot of Browns fans may remember? But, LB Sam Mills was cut from the Browns in 1981 when Sam Rutigliano was coaching him as a UDFA ...

    Sam Mills was a 5' 9.75" MLB of a brick-house.. after Sam was cut in Cleveland he played 4 years in the USFL.. Playing with the Saints & Panthers puts Sam in the Hall this weekend..

    Sadly ? Sam Mills passed of cancer at age 45 in 2005..  His statue & "Keep Pounding" was the Panthers way of saying thanks..

    If any get a free hour? Sam Mills/ A Football Life has just ended on the NFL network..  That was a excellent watch !  worth a youtube

              RIP Sam Mills.       Congrats HOF'er ! 

    Yes Sam Mills he's too short to play MLB or any LB.  Some HOF interviews and speeches are OK, some good but then there are the exceptional ones that you remember. 

    Sam Mills was just good enough to play well in the NFL no doubt.   That's why I try to get as much as I can to hear and see a Dick Vermeil another exceptional coach.

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    2022 PRESEASON - HOF GAME - JAX vs LV [FULL GAME]

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    And to close out this year’s HOF festivities, Saturday night’s concert at Tom Benson Stadium we had Donny Iris open for Journey.

    What I found amazing was how Donny Iris has aged (not looking too bad for 79 years of age).

    2880FE32-A471-49DC-9FF4-EB7A422FA1CC.jpeg

  • And to close out this year’s HOF festivities, Saturday night’s concert at Tom Benson Stadium we had Donny Iris open for Journey.

    What I found amazing was how Donny Iris has aged (not looking too bad for 79 years of age).

    2880FE32-A471-49DC-9FF4-EB7A422FA1CC.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @canton-dawg said:

    And to close out this year’s HOF festivities, Saturday night’s concert at Tom Benson Stadium we had Donny Iris open for Journey.

    What I found amazing was how Donny Iris has aged (not looking too bad for 79 years of age).

    2880FE32-A471-49DC-9FF4-EB7A422FA1CC.jpeg

    How cool for the closing act. ^^^^^.  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #20

    ●  SEA +3.5 at PIT ●  On our local CBS TV 27 WKBN in Youngstown.   The local for all three Cleveland BROWNS games is WYTV TV 33.

    Believe it or not these preseason games have odds on them.  From our friends at vegasinsider.com

    JAX -1.5 at home over CLE (W easy).     ATL +1.5 at CIN.     SEA +3.5 at PIT.   -and-   TEN +3.5 at BAL

    Now it feels (something)  like football.     

    ■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■

    9 pm DAL at  DEN on the NFL Network !       And a guy gets hurt on the first play.  Oh well penalties and injuries in preseason games.        

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    PIT 7-0 in the late 1st, pass from Mitch......uh-oh Mason fumbles (strip pass) on 1st play.

    Nevertheless PIT 14-0 TD pass. Rudolph to Perkins.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    14-3,  I'm doing some channel surfing.    

    9 pm to 12 pm - NFL Network Dallas Cowboys  at  Denver Broncos.

  • 14-3,  I'm doing some channel surfing.    

    9 pm to 12 pm - NFL Network Dallas Cowboys  at  Denver Broncos.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #23

    @mjp28 said:

    14-3,  I'm doing some channel surfing.    

    9 pm to 12 pm - NFL Network Dallas Cowboys  at  Denver Broncos.

    SEA 0-4 on 3rd down.   PIT 17-9 ..... I'm pretty much out of here.....   Will see beginning of the next game.    

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #24

    ■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~■

    9 pm DAL at  DEN on the NFL Network !       And a guy gets hurt on the first play.  Oh well penalties and injuries in preseason games.        

    DEN punts, DAL throws an INT next. Under review  ?  Oh now DAL punts 2 plays wiped out during an interview.  What a start.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Oh 25-25 in Pittsburgh,  4 minutes left no OT in preseason? 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #26

    My 6 & 8 yr old grandsons were over, we watched a while, I told them, "I don't like that #30 RB for the Steelers.  He's too good."  🙂

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    PIT 32 SEA 25 in OT....now SEA's turn.  PIT 32-25 Final.

    DEN 7 DAL O in the 2nd.  I'm going back to my recipes,  one ready to email  -then- I'm gonna play some chess tonight.   Good evening guys and gals. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Does Trubisky seem to have the starting QB position or is Rudolph a legit contender for it? 

  • My 6 & 8 yr old grandsons were over, we watched a while, I told them, "I don't like that #30 RB for the Steelers.  He's too good."  🙂

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #29

    @orion said:

    My 6 & 8 yr old grandsons were over, we watched a while, I told them, "I don't like that #30 RB for the Steelers.  He's too good."  🙂

    Saturday was my grandsons 6th birthday..(we had a large inflatable Wipeout great time) Yours truly as Grandpa, gifted Ryder his Birthday theme of seeing his 1st NFL game with Tickets..

    original_a5423874-a707-4342-8cbe-8711a6627ed4_IMG_20220813_154654215.thumb.jpg.9cd0d347ad165cf55cc33493445a8505.jpg
     
     
    My converted Carolina stud will be ready for week 1..       ?