Skip to content

Jimmy G

The Browns Board
9 8 880
  • https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34424111

    My thoughts exactly. 

    The iron is hot.

    WSS

  • I don't like it. Whatever Brissett does leading the team, Garoppolo doesn't look like he will do so much better to make it worth eating that contract. 

    I think either Jacobby does well and we have a shot the playoffs, either it is a lost year. 

  • I don't like it. Whatever Brissett does leading the team, Garoppolo doesn't look like he will do so much better to make it worth eating that contract. 

    I think either Jacobby does well and we have a shot the playoffs, either it is a lost year. 

    @nero said:

    I don't like it. Whatever Brissett does leading the team, Garoppolo doesn't look like he will do so much better to make it worth eating that contract. 

    I think either Jacobby does well and we have a shot the playoffs, either it is a lost year. 

    Maybe but I think they can ill afford a lost year.

    WSS

  • @nero said:

    I don't like it. Whatever Brissett does leading the team, Garoppolo doesn't look like he will do so much better to make it worth eating that contract. 

    I think either Jacobby does well and we have a shot the playoffs, either it is a lost year. 

    Maybe but I think they can ill afford a lost year.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Maybe but I think they can ill afford a lost year.

    WSS

    It reads/sounds like our FO was thinking 6-8 games.. but who's to believe anything.. I was maybe more a fan of getting Jimmy G from the Pats more than MKC/Grossi..

    Now that it's 11 games? Yeah, Jimmy can only choose his team? if he's released from the 9'ers & not traded for.. I can't recall a trade the 9'ers GM would be called a loser of? So Trey Lance better be there guy.. I believe the 9'ers would take a player with the 4th or 5th rounder ? GM John Lynch will hardball on this to the end of cuts

    Brian Daboll is now the HC of the NY Giants.. He's well familiar with Jimmy G & position coached him.. He's my worry & a team to watch on how this plays out.. QB Daniel Jones had off-season neck surgery.. Jimmy fits in there, but our roster says he can win here now..

    It's always about the $$ but,

    Does he want a team that can win now?-- or-- Does he want a 2-3 year compete security deal elsewhere? It's not like the guy can't play at age 30..

    this has been my way of looking at it sense the start of it...

    a.) I don't think Jimmy G would choose us .. (AB would have to trade/along comes his contract)

    b.) no matter how this turns out? if Jimmy G goes elsewhere?  the sports media will just add this to the Dumpster Fire they've made Cleveland look like already..

    I'll be staying tuned...

  • I'm not sure some people are understanding the long(er) term salary cap ramifications if the Browns take the hit for Jimmy G's 24+ mil. 

    Can't really talk about affording a "lost year", while clearly hamstringing the teams money in '23 & '24.

  • This board shouldn't forget we can summon the Ghoul of Sashi and roll this year's unused cap over to next year..

  • If money was no object, he would be the no brainer choice.    Of course, we haven't seen Brisket play for us yet, so.....

    The other thing is, what exactly is the plan for week 12?   Bench the guy that's been playing up 'til then?  Without question?  Then Brisket is probably the man.  It might be harder to bench Jimmy G if the teams was going fairly OK and in the playoff hunt.

  • Only chance it happens if they release him or if they eat a large piece of the salary. That said I don’t see how folks don’t see Jimmy G as clearly better. Somewhere around 7% more accurate along with 2 YPA longer. Far more passing TD’s in a season. I’ve never been a fan but when you compare the two it’s pretty obvious. 

  • NOPE...