Skip to content

Eagles at Browns preseason game 2 chatroom

The Browns Board
81 20 3.5k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Why are the Browns not playing starters at all in this? Seriously odd choice. Those dudes need reps. 

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    @gumby73 said:

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

  • Im impressed at Joe Thomas in the booth.  Sounds good..smooth.  well done Joe!!!

  • @vagitron said:

    Why are the Browns not playing starters at all in this? Seriously odd choice. Those dudes need reps. 

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    @gumby73 said:

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    You still need to see shit from outside the team. ?‍♂️

  • @gumby73 said:

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    @vagitron said:

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    I'll be there ! I'll pass your Steeler thoughts on ?

  • Minschew is on the money 

    @mjp28 said:

    Not many people here either.   I don't really care for 3 preseason games,  you need 4 for a fair look.

    Nice run by Dobbs.....and TD.

    The scrimmages this week are essentially the fourth game 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Minschew is on the money 

    The scrimmages this week are essentially the fourth game 

    And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it.  I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    You still need to see shit from outside the team. ?‍♂️

    @vagitron said:

    You still need to see shit from outside the team. ?‍♂️

    have ya seen philly's 1's? lean towards both coaches decision

  • Im impressed at Joe Thomas in the booth.  Sounds good..smooth.  well done Joe!!!

    @kvoethe said:

    Im impressed at Joe Thomas in the booth.  Sounds good..smooth.  well done Joe!!!

    Oh yes,  he knows his trade well.  Our HOF guy.

  • Take a shot Van Pelt

    edit-- took two.. Halftime Philly 14-13

  • @gumby73 said:

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    @vagitron said:

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    I’m cosigning this approach. Don’t really want to see another starter go down 

    They have the entire coaching staff in tact for the third straight year.  That’s a luxury and now advantage these days.  We aren’t learning a new scheme and rolling out a host of new starters.

    Having said all this id like to see jacoby play a couple series 

    Im done with Schwartz.  Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.  

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im impressed at Joe Thomas in the booth.  Sounds good..smooth.  well done Joe!!!

    Oh yes,  he knows his trade well.  Our HOF guy.

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes,  he knows his trade well.  Our HOF guy.

    Both announcers are doing a nice job. Much more enjoyable than listening to the Jags guys last week. Joe is great fun

  • @gumby73 said:

    they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    @vagitron said:

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    Not really. The reason they are not playing starters is they practiced them against the Eagles 1s during the week. No need to do even more when they need to make cuts soon. Got to know who you want to retain on the 53.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes,  he knows his trade well.  Our HOF guy.

    Both announcers are doing a nice job. Much more enjoyable than listening to the Jags guys last week. Joe is great fun

    @alporcini said:

     Much more enjoyable than listening to the Jags guys last week. Joe is great fun

    amen to that brother... Joe has many opts on his time.. i think he's help himself again today, being aired on the NFLNetwork

  • That can't be little Marvin Wilson? limping off... go ahead and score browns

    edit-- that skat=cat John Kelly again.. TD Browns go up 20-14

  • That kicker has a canon...jesus.

  • Heads up, we're in discord here, talking up a storm.

    https://discord.gg/M4grW736

  • That kicker has a canon...jesus.

    @kvoethe said:

    That kicker has a canon...jesus.

    that's 55 yards, that hits more than half up the pipe... good lord..

    Eagles go bombs away for TD...  Philly back up 21-20.. I've lost game feed.. bad storms..I'm out to view on NFL plus

  • Why are the Browns not playing starters at all in this? Seriously odd choice. Those dudes need reps. 

    @vagitron said:

    Why are the Browns not playing starters at all in this? Seriously odd choice. Those dudes need reps. 

    Weather + fresh field.  If there was ever a way to have an ACL, that would be it.

  • @vagitron said:

    Why are the Browns not playing starters at all in this? Seriously odd choice. Those dudes need reps. 

    Weather + fresh field.  If there was ever a way to have an ACL, that would be it.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Weather + fresh field.  If there was ever a way to have an ACL, that would be it.

    Fair enough. I agree. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Minschew is on the money 

    The scrimmages this week are essentially the fourth game 

    And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it.  I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that. 

    @mjp28 said:

    And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it.  I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that. 

    umm...it's gonna be 18 games in the near future.  They ain't ever reducing the # of games.  Perhaps it'll go down to 2 preseason games?  If so, I'll predict each game comes with a preparation week with the opponent.  

    What I remember right now:

    Harley Davidson almost got hit in the foot with a punt bounce.  If ya think ya might have trouble fielding the punt, then get out of the way and tell everyone else the same.  Man we're hurting in the punt return game.  And it's not like our D could get them any game practice at it.

    Every preseason I feel bad for John Kelly Jr.  That guy plays hard, and is pretty decent...but he's got like, NO HOPE of making this team.  I hope some team pays attention to his tape this year.

    Yorky seems pretty good.  But after York's Doink we gave up the 55 yard game winning TD. 🙁   I still like JaMarcus Bradley, but he only had 2 catches on 5 targets.  Fields showed up on camera a bunch ( 1 tackle, 5 assists).  Alex Wright did a good job (4 tackles, 1 assist).  Rumor has it that Wright had a good week of practice against the Eagles.

    Josh Rosen didn't show much...but he's stuck with the umteen stringers.  I'm going to have to assume that he's to be cut and we go with Brisket and Dobbs.

    Miller, the CB, dropped a TD.  It was an EASY, easy catch and run.  There's no excuse for an NFL DB to drop a ball thrown to him like that.

    Joe Thomas in the Booth:  He's quite knowledgeable.  He's getting better at it.  I do like him.  I hope he continues to hone that craft.

  • @vagitron said:

    Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

    I’m cosigning this approach. Don’t really want to see another starter go down 

    They have the entire coaching staff in tact for the third straight year.  That’s a luxury and now advantage these days.  We aren’t learning a new scheme and rolling out a host of new starters.

    Having said all this id like to see jacoby play a couple series 

    Im done with Schwartz.  Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Im done with Schwartz.  

    Stone Hands GIFs | Tenor