Eagles at Browns preseason game 2 chatroom
-
-
Minschew is on the money
The scrimmages this week are essentially the fourth game
And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it. I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that.
And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it. I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that.
umm...it's gonna be 18 games in the near future. They ain't ever reducing the # of games. Perhaps it'll go down to 2 preseason games? If so, I'll predict each game comes with a preparation week with the opponent.
What I remember right now:
Harley Davidson almost got hit in the foot with a punt bounce. If ya think ya might have trouble fielding the punt, then get out of the way and tell everyone else the same. Man we're hurting in the punt return game. And it's not like our D could get them any game practice at it.
Every preseason I feel bad for John Kelly Jr. That guy plays hard, and is pretty decent...but he's got like, NO HOPE of making this team. I hope some team pays attention to his tape this year.
Yorky seems pretty good. But after York's Doink we gave up the 55 yard game winning TD.
I still like JaMarcus Bradley, but he only had 2 catches on 5 targets. Fields showed up on camera a bunch ( 1 tackle, 5 assists). Alex Wright did a good job (4 tackles, 1 assist). Rumor has it that Wright had a good week of practice against the Eagles.
Josh Rosen didn't show much...but he's stuck with the umteen stringers. I'm going to have to assume that he's to be cut and we go with Brisket and Dobbs.
Miller, the CB, dropped a TD. It was an EASY, easy catch and run. There's no excuse for an NFL DB to drop a ball thrown to him like that.
Joe Thomas in the Booth: He's quite knowledgeable. He's getting better at it. I do like him. I hope he continues to hone that craft.
-
Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time.
I’m cosigning this approach. Don’t really want to see another starter go down
They have the entire coaching staff in tact for the third straight year. That’s a luxury and now advantage these days. We aren’t learning a new scheme and rolling out a host of new starters.
Having said all this id like to see jacoby play a couple series
Im done with Schwartz. Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.
Im done with Schwartz.

-
Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time.
I’m cosigning this approach. Don’t really want to see another starter go down
They have the entire coaching staff in tact for the third straight year. That’s a luxury and now advantage these days. We aren’t learning a new scheme and rolling out a host of new starters.
Having said all this id like to see jacoby play a couple series
Im done with Schwartz. Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.
Im done with Schwartz. Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.
The Schwartz drops passes from Baker, DW, Dobbs…doesn’t matter.
He’s an equal opportunity pass dropper, like Braylon Edwards, and Chris Colwman.
You can’t teach someone to stop dropping balls, time to cut his ass.
-
Im done with Schwartz. Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.
The Schwartz drops passes from Baker, DW, Dobbs…doesn’t matter.
He’s an equal opportunity pass dropper, like Braylon Edwards, and Chris Colwman.
You can’t teach someone to stop dropping balls, time to cut his ass.
The Schwartz drops passes from Baker, DW, Dobbs…doesn’t matter.
Schwartz today, 3 targets, 2 receptions, 20 yards.
Him and Rosen are two of the most Dufassy lookin' guys in their helmets...
-
The Schwartz drops passes from Baker, DW, Dobbs…doesn’t matter.
Schwartz today, 3 targets, 2 receptions, 20 yards.
Him and Rosen are two of the most Dufassy lookin' guys in their helmets...
-
I still think Dobbs might be the real deal. I hope he plays a lot in game 3 of preseason as well. But of course I'm not there watching them practice every day either, so I'm at a disadvantage for selecting the 11 game starter for the Browns.
Very, very smart. Rhodes scholar. He's fine as a back up but he's not leading a team to the promised land. He's like having an extra coach.
-
I still think Dobbs might be the real deal. I hope he plays a lot in game 3 of preseason as well. But of course I'm not there watching them practice every day either, so I'm at a disadvantage for selecting the 11 game starter for the Browns.
I still think Dobbs might be the real deal. I hope he plays a lot in game 3 of preseason as well. But of course I'm not there watching them practice every day either, so I'm at a disadvantage for selecting the 11 game starter for the Browns.
From my sideline view... Dobbs looked VERY good, but it's preseason. Schwartz is #1 on my most likely to be cut list. Fast as lightning, hands of stone.
Browns second string defense was a sieve.
Thankfully, the rain stopped on the walk to the stadium.
-
And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it. I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that.
umm...it's gonna be 18 games in the near future. They ain't ever reducing the # of games. Perhaps it'll go down to 2 preseason games? If so, I'll predict each game comes with a preparation week with the opponent.
What I remember right now:
Harley Davidson almost got hit in the foot with a punt bounce. If ya think ya might have trouble fielding the punt, then get out of the way and tell everyone else the same. Man we're hurting in the punt return game. And it's not like our D could get them any game practice at it.
Every preseason I feel bad for John Kelly Jr. That guy plays hard, and is pretty decent...but he's got like, NO HOPE of making this team. I hope some team pays attention to his tape this year.
Yorky seems pretty good. But after York's Doink we gave up the 55 yard game winning TD.
I still like JaMarcus Bradley, but he only had 2 catches on 5 targets. Fields showed up on camera a bunch ( 1 tackle, 5 assists). Alex Wright did a good job (4 tackles, 1 assist). Rumor has it that Wright had a good week of practice against the Eagles.
Josh Rosen didn't show much...but he's stuck with the umteen stringers. I'm going to have to assume that he's to be cut and we go with Brisket and Dobbs.
Miller, the CB, dropped a TD. It was an EASY, easy catch and run. There's no excuse for an NFL DB to drop a ball thrown to him like that.
Joe Thomas in the Booth: He's quite knowledgeable. He's getting better at it. I do like him. I hope he continues to hone that craft.
I still like JaMarcus Bradley, but he only had 2 catches on 5 targets.
But at least we can trust Bradley to catch a dang ?... Berry needs to quit coddling his picks & sign WR/PR Will Fuller.. like ToDay..
Schwartz only camp comp battle was with David Bell.. (who missed most of it) Harley Davidson saw most of Bell's camp reps.. imo ,Berry won't have the nutz to cut Schwartz..
Coop/DPJ/Fuller?/Bell/Schwartz gives Bissette/Dobbs at least a chance on passing downs, if ball is placed in *WR's area code (*Goodbye Josh Rosen)
-
I still like JaMarcus Bradley, but he only had 2 catches on 5 targets.
But at least we can trust Bradley to catch a dang ?... Berry needs to quit coddling his picks & sign WR/PR Will Fuller.. like ToDay..
Schwartz only camp comp battle was with David Bell.. (who missed most of it) Harley Davidson saw most of Bell's camp reps.. imo ,Berry won't have the nutz to cut Schwartz..
Coop/DPJ/Fuller?/Bell/Schwartz gives Bissette/Dobbs at least a chance on passing downs, if ball is placed in *WR's area code (*Goodbye Josh Rosen)
But at least we can trust Bradley to catch a dang ?... Berry needs to quit coddling his picks & sign WR/PR Will Fuller.. like ToDay..
Schwartz only camp comp battle was with David Bell.. (who missed most of it) Harley Davidson saw most of Bell's camp reps.. imo ,Berry won't have the nutz to cut Schwartz..
Coop/DPJ/Fuller?/Bell/Schwartz gives Bissette/Dobbs at least a chance on passing downs, if ball is placed in *WR's area code (*Goodbye Josh Rosen)
I hear ya Gumbs! If Berry is waiting for Schwartz to just get coached up - good luck with that! This guy runs himself into coverage far more than he knows how to sit on a route in space. There's absolutely no feel for the game in this guy. Even worse, he can't catch. I remembered hearing the Browns were just going to coach up Quincy Morgan, Michael Jackson, and Greg Little. It sure felt like those guys were serial drive killers. The problem with wasting too much time on guys like that when we had a guy like Keenan McCardell on our roster getting very few chances here - is/was the Browns gave up on the better player WITH upside sticking with the bad idea. If square pegging round holes was the right thing to do, the Browns would have way more than 2 playoff appearance since 1999.
I'm guessing the reasons nobody signed Fuller yet are he's never healthy and he tested positive for PEDs within the last year or so. Maybe injuries around the league will make him more attractive to teams in need. I'd rather stay away from guys like him and DeSean Jackson and try to see what we have in a guy like Felton in the slot/flanked out or in motion.
-
I still think Dobbs might be the real deal. I hope he plays a lot in game 3 of preseason as well. But of course I'm not there watching them practice every day either, so I'm at a disadvantage for selecting the 11 game starter for the Browns.
From my sideline view... Dobbs looked VERY good, but it's preseason. Schwartz is #1 on my most likely to be cut list. Fast as lightning, hands of stone.
Browns second string defense was a sieve.
Thankfully, the rain stopped on the walk to the stadium.
From my sideline view... Dobbs looked VERY good, but it's preseason. Schwartz is #1 on my most likely to be cut list. Fast as lightning, hands of stone.
Browns second string defense was a sieve.
Thankfully, the rain stopped on the walk to the stadium.
Those are my main takeaways as well. Dobbs looked like he should be in the conversation to start. Defensive back-ups are underwhelming to say the least. You cannot give up yards against the run like that. Browns would do well to invest draft picks to get more defensive depth, and maybe sign some veterans.
-
Im done with Schwartz. Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.
The Schwartz drops passes from Baker, DW, Dobbs…doesn’t matter.
He’s an equal opportunity pass dropper, like Braylon Edwards, and Chris Colwman.
You can’t teach someone to stop dropping balls, time to cut his ass.
The Schwartz drops passes from Baker, DW, Dobbs…doesn’t matter.
He’s an equal opportunity pass dropper, like Braylon Edwards, and Chris Colwman.
You can’t teach someone to stop dropping balls, time to cut his ass.
It's like drafting a QB that can't complete passes thinking "BEAUTIFUL -all we gotta do is coach this guy up"! Wonderful! Welcome to Cleveland Spergon Wynn (the guy had a 47% completion rate 1 year in college).
-
- IDL is still 'Meh'
- Dobbs looked in command
- Moffett and, whoever the boundary corner was on the play, blew the zone replace on that deep po. I was in discord talking to @nero and Electrc ( not sure who that is on this board though)... and was rewinding the play - looked like a yankee with the over going from boundary to field. Middle field safety stepped to the over and there was no replace on his middle 1/3. Plus Moffett was hanging out too wide and low to get underneath the throw for any chance at a PBU.
Cant have those types of mental mistakes in the regular season. Hell, that's such a staple play in the NFL anymore, DB's should be able to rotate right in their sleep on that.
- Schwartz won't be cut. I mentioned it here and there, but it's the Al Davis, "can't teach speed" mentality. I hate it. He'll be given every opportunity to fail.
- Don't really see Will Fuller as an option. Our vertical role is filled by Cooper, plus the PED's thing. Coming off them, for anybody who knows, soft tissue and ligament injuries tend to be trendy after a cycle. We'd likely be inviting an even higher injury risk to an already injury prone player.
-
In watching Dobbs and the game just for a little bit, my honest thought was two fold:
-Totally fine with having Dobbs as the backup. He's clearly earned it and looked poised out there
-I'll give coach Stef credit, those hard fake boot actions are things of beauty. The three concept look off the boot just has guys open. If Brissett can play at that level with obviously significantly better talent, this team can compete at a high level. I'm confident in his ability to do so, especially with the first six weeks of the schedule appearing to be softer.
-
But at least we can trust Bradley to catch a dang ?... Berry needs to quit coddling his picks & sign WR/PR Will Fuller.. like ToDay..
Schwartz only camp comp battle was with David Bell.. (who missed most of it) Harley Davidson saw most of Bell's camp reps.. imo ,Berry won't have the nutz to cut Schwartz..
Coop/DPJ/Fuller?/Bell/Schwartz gives Bissette/Dobbs at least a chance on passing downs, if ball is placed in *WR's area code (*Goodbye Josh Rosen)
I hear ya Gumbs! If Berry is waiting for Schwartz to just get coached up - good luck with that! This guy runs himself into coverage far more than he knows how to sit on a route in space. There's absolutely no feel for the game in this guy. Even worse, he can't catch. I remembered hearing the Browns were just going to coach up Quincy Morgan, Michael Jackson, and Greg Little. It sure felt like those guys were serial drive killers. The problem with wasting too much time on guys like that when we had a guy like Keenan McCardell on our roster getting very few chances here - is/was the Browns gave up on the better player WITH upside sticking with the bad idea. If square pegging round holes was the right thing to do, the Browns would have way more than 2 playoff appearance since 1999.
I'm guessing the reasons nobody signed Fuller yet are he's never healthy and he tested positive for PEDs within the last year or so. Maybe injuries around the league will make him more attractive to teams in need. I'd rather stay away from guys like him and DeSean Jackson and try to see what we have in a guy like Felton in the slot/flanked out or in motion.
I hear ya Gumbs! If Berry is waiting for Schwartz to just get coached up - good luck with that! This guy runs himself into coverage far more than he knows how to sit on a route in space. There's absolutely no feel for the game in this guy. Even worse, he can't catch. I remembered hearing the Browns were just going to coach up Quincy Morgan, Michael Jackson, and Greg Little. It sure felt like those guys were serial drive killers. The problem with wasting too much time on guys like that when we had a guy like Keenan McCardell on our roster getting very few chances here - is/was the Browns gave up on the better player WITH upside sticking with the bad idea. If square pegging round holes was the right thing to do, the Browns would have way more than 2 playoff appearance since 1999.
I'm guessing the reasons nobody signed Fuller yet are he's never healthy and he tested positive for PEDs within the last year or so. Maybe injuries around the league will make him more attractive to teams in need. I'd rather stay away from guys like him and DeSean Jackson and try to see what we have in a guy like Felton in the slot/flanked out or in motion.
Michael Jackson/Michael Dyson was fine..... It was guys like Kevin Johnson and Dennis Northcutt(Dropcutt) that really sucked...
-
- IDL is still 'Meh'
- Dobbs looked in command
- Moffett and, whoever the boundary corner was on the play, blew the zone replace on that deep po. I was in discord talking to @nero and Electrc ( not sure who that is on this board though)... and was rewinding the play - looked like a yankee with the over going from boundary to field. Middle field safety stepped to the over and there was no replace on his middle 1/3. Plus Moffett was hanging out too wide and low to get underneath the throw for any chance at a PBU.
Cant have those types of mental mistakes in the regular season. Hell, that's such a staple play in the NFL anymore, DB's should be able to rotate right in their sleep on that.
- Schwartz won't be cut. I mentioned it here and there, but it's the Al Davis, "can't teach speed" mentality. I hate it. He'll be given every opportunity to fail.
- Don't really see Will Fuller as an option. Our vertical role is filled by Cooper, plus the PED's thing. Coming off them, for anybody who knows, soft tissue and ligament injuries tend to be trendy after a cycle. We'd likely be inviting an even higher injury risk to an already injury prone player.
- IDL is still 'Meh'
- Dobbs looked in command
- Moffett and, whoever the boundary corner was on the play, blew the zone replace on that deep po. I was in discord talking to @nero and Electrc ( not sure who that is on this board though)... and was rewinding the play - looked like a yankee with the over going from boundary to field. Middle field safety stepped to the over and there was no replace on his middle 1/3. Plus Moffett was hanging out too wide and low to get underneath the throw for any chance at a PBU.
Cant have those types of mental mistakes in the regular season. Hell, that's such a staple play in the NFL anymore, DB's should be able to rotate right in their sleep on that.
- Schwartz won't be cut. I mentioned it here and there, but it's the Al Davis, "can't teach speed" mentality. I hate it. He'll be given every opportunity to fail.
- Don't really see Will Fuller as an option. Our vertical role is filled by Cooper, plus the PED's thing. Coming off them, for anybody who knows, soft tissue and ligament injuries tend to be trendy after a cycle. We'd likely be inviting an even higher injury risk to an already injury prone player.
I hope you're wrong about Schwartz. Hey Mr. Podesta, would you tell us his drop rate? Can't remember the guy's name, but way back the Bengals had a high first round WR with the same problem that they suffered through three seasons with before they cut bait.
One other thing that honked me off. The last play of the first half. No guts, no glory. One play from the one yard line. Let's settle for a chip shot FG? It's preseason Kev.
-
-
- IDL is still 'Meh'
- Dobbs looked in command
- Moffett and, whoever the boundary corner was on the play, blew the zone replace on that deep po. I was in discord talking to @nero and Electrc ( not sure who that is on this board though)... and was rewinding the play - looked like a yankee with the over going from boundary to field. Middle field safety stepped to the over and there was no replace on his middle 1/3. Plus Moffett was hanging out too wide and low to get underneath the throw for any chance at a PBU.
Cant have those types of mental mistakes in the regular season. Hell, that's such a staple play in the NFL anymore, DB's should be able to rotate right in their sleep on that.
- Schwartz won't be cut. I mentioned it here and there, but it's the Al Davis, "can't teach speed" mentality. I hate it. He'll be given every opportunity to fail.
- Don't really see Will Fuller as an option. Our vertical role is filled by Cooper, plus the PED's thing. Coming off them, for anybody who knows, soft tissue and ligament injuries tend to be trendy after a cycle. We'd likely be inviting an even higher injury risk to an already injury prone player.
I hope you're wrong about Schwartz. Hey Mr. Podesta, would you tell us his drop rate? Can't remember the guy's name, but way back the Bengals had a high first round WR with the same problem that they suffered through three seasons with before they cut bait.
One other thing that honked me off. The last play of the first half. No guts, no glory. One play from the one yard line. Let's settle for a chip shot FG? It's preseason Kev.
I hope you're wrong about Schwartz. Hey Mr. Podesta, would you tell us his drop rate? Can't remember the guy's name, but way back the Bengals had a high first round WR with the same problem that they suffered through three seasons with before they cut bait.
One other thing that honked me off. The last play of the first half. No guts, no glory. One play from the one yard line. Let's settle for a chip shot FG? It's preseason Kev.
You're thinking of John Ross out of Udub. And Schwartz' college drop rate was right around 10%.
-
- IDL is still 'Meh'
- Dobbs looked in command
- Moffett and, whoever the boundary corner was on the play, blew the zone replace on that deep po. I was in discord talking to @nero and Electrc ( not sure who that is on this board though)... and was rewinding the play - looked like a yankee with the over going from boundary to field. Middle field safety stepped to the over and there was no replace on his middle 1/3. Plus Moffett was hanging out too wide and low to get underneath the throw for any chance at a PBU.
Cant have those types of mental mistakes in the regular season. Hell, that's such a staple play in the NFL anymore, DB's should be able to rotate right in their sleep on that.
- Schwartz won't be cut. I mentioned it here and there, but it's the Al Davis, "can't teach speed" mentality. I hate it. He'll be given every opportunity to fail.
- Don't really see Will Fuller as an option. Our vertical role is filled by Cooper, plus the PED's thing. Coming off them, for anybody who knows, soft tissue and ligament injuries tend to be trendy after a cycle. We'd likely be inviting an even higher injury risk to an already injury prone player.
-
Any thoughts on Alex Wright. He made a few plays but I wasn’t sure if we was responsible for losing contain on the multiple occasions where the Eagles got outside
If he can be trusted for reps in year one that’s a huge plus
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login