Skip to content

HOF QB Len Dawson dead at age 87

The Browns Board
14 7 719 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #5

    ^^^^^      From M*A*S*H ?        😆  

    Only  instead of a cigarette and a Fresca that Lenny had it was a joint.   Great movie.   Remember Fresca ?  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #6

    The Steelers would have been relevant NFL team early than when they moved into Three Rivers if they would have just kept Unitas and/or Dawson in the 50s/60s. 

  • ^^^^^      From M*A*S*H ?        😆  

    Only  instead of a cigarette and a Fresca that Lenny had it was a joint.   Great movie.   Remember Fresca ?  

    alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mjp28 said:

    ^^^^^      From M*A*S*H ?        😆  

    Only  instead of a cigarette and a Fresca that Lenny had it was a joint.   Great movie.   Remember Fresca ?  

    Still available on the West Coast. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    ^^^^^      From M*A*S*H ?        😆  

    Only  instead of a cigarette and a Fresca that Lenny had it was a joint.   Great movie.   Remember Fresca ?  

    Still available on the West Coast. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @alporcini said:

    Still available on the West Coast. 

    I vaguely know of it, is Fresca like the original Sprite or 7Up?

  • @mjp28 said:

    ^^^^^      From M*A*S*H ?        😆  

    Only  instead of a cigarette and a Fresca that Lenny had it was a joint.   Great movie.   Remember Fresca ?  

    Still available on the West Coast. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @alporcini said:

    Still available on the West Coast. 

    It's available here in NE Ohio as well... I've seen it on the shelves in certain stores

  • @alporcini said:

    Still available on the West Coast. 

    I vaguely know of it, is Fresca like the original Sprite or 7Up?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    I vaguely know of it, is Fresca like the original Sprite or 7Up?

    It was created in the ‘60’s by Coke.

    You can get it at Target, Walmart, and Amazon.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I vaguely know of it, is Fresca like the original Sprite or 7Up?

    It was created in the ‘60’s by Coke.

    You can get it at Target, Walmart, and Amazon.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @canton-dawg said:

    It was created in the ‘60’s by Coke.

    You can get it at Target, Walmart, and Amazon.

    What does it taste like? 

    I honestly do not know if I've ever seen someone drink it. 

  • @alporcini said:

    Still available on the West Coast. 

    I vaguely know of it, is Fresca like the original Sprite or 7Up?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    I vaguely know of it, is Fresca like the original Sprite or 7Up?

    Fresca was one of the first artificially sweetened citrus pops. Leans a little bit toward grapefruit. It's actually not bad today but originally when it was saccharine or sodium cyclamate it tasted like holy hell as did everything with those artificial sweeteners.

    WSS

  • @canton-dawg said:

    It was created in the ‘60’s by Coke.

    You can get it at Target, Walmart, and Amazon.

    What does it taste like? 

    I honestly do not know if I've ever seen someone drink it. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @dutch-oven said:

    What does it taste like? 

    I honestly do not know if I've ever seen someone drink it. 

    WSS described it pretty accurately.

    My suggestion if you ever want to taste it, dilute it with vodka or rum.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What does it taste like? 

    I honestly do not know if I've ever seen someone drink it. 

    WSS described it pretty accurately.

    My suggestion if you ever want to taste it, dilute it with vodka or rum.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @canton-dawg said:

    WSS described it pretty accurately.

    My suggestion if you ever want to taste it, dilute it with vodka or rum.

    I remember Fresca and TAB being huge with the female demographic of consumers... TAB was like the first diet soft drink That I believe was also a Coke product.. it came out in 1963. I even remember the Fresca commercial with the hot European woman pushing the product. Fresca also means "Fresh" in Italian...