Two crucial coaching mistakes in the last 4 minutes
-
"Desperately needed", Riff? For what?
We were up 3 at the time, with 2 TOs. Our defense which was already sucking was now also sucking wind.
And, again, IF -- a big IF but a possibility nonetheless -- they seem something on the replay the game ends.
Not worth the TO?
I totally disagree.
It was worth the risk on numerous levels.
-
\ said:
I disagree. He had it and it would have been a waste of a TO that was desperately needed.How did we "desperately" need the time out? We didn't use it anyways. I think it would've been a decent challenge as someone said earlier it would've given the defense a much needed rest.
Romeo is not a good game day coach....it's been proven time and time again.
-
\ said:
"Desperately needed", Riff? For what?We were up 3 at the time, with 2 TOs. Our defense which was already sucking was now also sucking wind.
And, again, IF -- a big IF but a possibility nonetheless -- they seem something on the replay the game ends.
Not worth the TO?
I totally disagree.
It was worth the risk on numerous levels.
I'll watch it again, but he had it by a ton. They didn't even begin to look for a measurement. You knew Denver was going to score, so I wanted those TO's.
-
\ said:
\ said:
I disagree. He had it and it would have been a waste of a TO that was desperately needed.
How did we "desperately" need the time out? We didn't use it anyways. I think it would've been a decent challenge as someone said earlier it would've given the defense a much needed rest.
Romeo is not a good game day coach....it's been proven time and time again.
How about Jackson makes the pick.....or Bmac........how about they actually tackle the scrub in the backfield before he gets the first down by a a half yard......They left plays all over the field like they always fooking do when it counts, praying for a ref bailout would not have happened.
WTF you mean we didn't need the TO's? Becuase they didn't get the first down on their final drive?
-
Take another look, Riff.
He likely did have it, but he fell ON the line. Now, the line may have been off, but the ball was on the line for sure as we could see it on TV.
Also, his knee was nowhere near the line. Where was it? I don't know. Nobody looked at it again.
But they sure as hell should have.
-
That's what I mean by we didn't need the time out...we didn't use the other one anyways. And yes the defense left about 300 plays on the field tonight that could've changed the game. I think it was one of those times where a challenge would've at least slowed the momentum of the Denver offense and just maybe we get lucky and get the play overturned.
-
I'll look again tomorrow when I watch this debacle, but there were so many friggin plays left on the field that I just can't get worked up over that. If I see it differently, I'll come clean.
-
And make no mistake, it's a nitpicky thing to bring up in the face of the debacle that was our D tonight.
BUT...this nit could have changed the outcome of the game, either by ending it outright if the replay goes our way or by giving the D time to breathe and regroup.
Again, the greater issue is RAC's uber-conservative nature. I am starting to think he's holding the team back, like a cautious jockey on a stallion.
This offense needs to be unleashed and somehow I don't think it's Chud that's slowing it down.
-
\ said:
Horrible.MISTAKE #2:
On our final drive, on 3rd and 4th and 1, we should have run at least once and the right play was a QB run.
With 2 TOs remaining and the game on the line, using BQ's mobility against a depleted LB corps should have been a no-brainer.
Watch the 4th and 1 pass again and see the replay from behind: BQ had a clear lane for 5+ yards.
RAC's overly conservative nature and glacial reaction time are huge liabilities and helped lose this game tonight.
You are right. I couldn't believe they didn't have Brady running & he could have hopped his way to the 1st down. RAC is NOT a Head Coach & the players & fans do NOT deserve to be subjected to his ineptitude the rest of this season. Personally, I can't WAIT until he's gone.
Mike
-
Lets just hope BQs great play doesnt buy him more time.
-
this is hilarious.\ said:
Lets just hope BQs great play doesnt buy him more time.
-
\ said:
\ said:
MISTAKE #1:On Denver's 4th and 1, their rookie RB goes down right at the yellow line. RAC chooses not to challenge and the game-winning TD follows soon after.
A challenge here is a no-brainer.
Good to know I'm not the only one that thought that. I'm not saying he was down prior to the 1st down yardage for sure, but based on the replays I saw it sure as hell warranted a second look.
My brother and I were screaming about that one from the time the play ended. I can't say he was down, but sure looked like his knee was down before the ball crossed the yellow line, at a minimum chance it.
But, as Russ pointed out, Bmac left 2 pics on the field already that game.
This game was all the D. It ain't like last week where the O didn't move the ball and get them off the field. Hell, CLE had the TOP advantage for the game by 4+ minutes. Not to mention when DEN took the lead BQ did what DA hasn't done in some time, he went right out and lead a TD scoring drive. Though I am sure Lum will blame him for not using enough of the clock on that drive.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login