Suicide Prevention hotline
-
I don't mean to sound cynical but I am. I have friends on Facebook that spend a lot of time trying to get people to donate The Suicide Prevention Hotline foundations etc etc. It's not that I don't have some empathy for people who are considering taking their own lives for whatever misery has befallen them but I have to wonder exactly how useful the hotline could be? Would someone who is seriously considering kick his own bucket think first of calling some random stranger on an 800 number for advice?
WSS
-
I don't mean to sound cynical but I am. I have friends on Facebook that spend a lot of time trying to get people to donate The Suicide Prevention Hotline foundations etc etc. It's not that I don't have some empathy for people who are considering taking their own lives for whatever misery has befallen them but I have to wonder exactly how useful the hotline could be? Would someone who is seriously considering kick his own bucket think first of calling some random stranger on an 800 number for advice?
WSS
I don't mean to sound cynical but I am. I have friends on Facebook that spend a lot of time trying to get people to donate The Suicide Prevention Hotline foundations etc etc. It's not that I don't have some empathy for people who are considering taking their own lives for whatever misery has befallen them but I have to wonder exactly how useful the hotline could be? Would someone who is seriously considering kick his own bucket think first of calling some random stranger on an 800 number for advice?
WSS
My Uncle hung himself when I was stationed on Okinawa. He was always the type to make jokes and kid around just about anything. I think if someone is thinking about it but not sure, this can help steer them towards treatment. The VA also has a hotline and it has helped some.
-
My understanding is if they can delay someone from committing suicide that is a success. But I don't think there is any studies that show it will keep them from killing themselves in the long run. The hotlines can also inform people about other programs that might help them as well. If they can get an appointment, anyways.
Do Suicide Hotlines Work? (vice.com)
Draper says that the hotline has consistent success with reducing a callerâs distress in the moment, and even their suicidal feelings. Hotline operators will often follow up with a caller after the initial call, and thereâs research to support the idea that a call can make someone feel better and keep them safe in the few weeks that follow. But there have been no comprehensive scientific studies showing that calling a suicide hotline prevents deaths by suicide over time. âItâs an important question. I wish we could answer it more concretely,â Draper says. âYou could say you saved lives,â in the moment of the call, he adds. âBut by the same token, you donât know if theyâre going to be okay later. We like to presume they are.â
 -
New Study Reveals Shocking Rates of Attempted Suicide Among Trans Adolescents
https://www.hrc.org/news/new-study-reveals-shocking-rates-of-attempted-suicide-among-trans-adolescen
-
Since I really don't know the numbers or the answers I'm not a doctor and I think the statistics are probably pretty vague nor can I read anyone else's mind.. I would have to guess that anybody that called a Suicide Prevention Hotline is not really serious about taking his life. He wants someone to talk to. And somebody that wants somebody to talk to isn't really serious about doing the Dutch. We're talking about a cry for help or a cry for attention or I need to be recognized. Hence I never take it seriously when somebody talks about multiple suicide attempts.
WSS
-
Since I really don't know the numbers or the answers I'm not a doctor and I think the statistics are probably pretty vague nor can I read anyone else's mind.. I would have to guess that anybody that called a Suicide Prevention Hotline is not really serious about taking his life. He wants someone to talk to. And somebody that wants somebody to talk to isn't really serious about doing the Dutch. We're talking about a cry for help or a cry for attention or I need to be recognized. Hence I never take it seriously when somebody talks about multiple suicide attempts.
WSS
Since I really don't know the numbers or the answers I'm not a doctor and I think the statistics are probably pretty vague nor can I read anyone else's mind.. I would have to guess that anybody that called a Suicide Prevention Hotline is not really serious about taking his life. He wants someone to talk to. And somebody that wants somebody to talk to isn't really serious about doing the Dutch. We're talking about a cry for help or a cry for attention or I need to be recognized. Hence I never take it seriously when somebody talks about multiple suicide attempts.
WSS
 When they take estrogen injections... It really fucks up their mood and personality... They become crabby and depressed... So none of this surprises me... And these Fuck hats want to give kids Hormone blockers... Jesus!
-
New Study Reveals Shocking Rates of Attempted Suicide Among Trans Adolescents
https://www.hrc.org/news/new-study-reveals-shocking-rates-of-attempted-suicide-among-trans-adolescen
New Study Reveals Shocking Rates of Attempted Suicide Among Trans Adolescents
https://www.hrc.org/news/new-study-reveals-shocking-rates-of-attempted-suicide-among-trans-adolescen
Jeez,, now I have genuine concern for half the libs on this board ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login