Skip to content

You can Take Jimmy G Off The Trading Block!!

The Browns Board
6 5 873 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #1

    LOL!

    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers agreed to a restructured one-year contract that will keep the QB in San Francisco this season, per sources. The contract contains no-trade and no-tag clauses, assuring Garoppolo will remain in SF this season and have the freedom to leave in 2023.
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #2

    If the Browns had any interest in him they'd have done something quite some time ago.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Considering just how bad Trey Lance looked, this was the smartest thing for SF.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    It's what smart GM's do... "I'm going to do whats best for the team/53"

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Id say he is a lot more attractive to other teams now, with that $7 mill contract...... I think he still gets traded, but now has the say in where he lands....(probably not Cleveland).....

  • Id say he is a lot more attractive to other teams now, with that $7 mill contract...... I think he still gets traded, but now has the say in where he lands....(probably not Cleveland).....

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #6

    @mudfly said:

    Id say he is a lot more attractive to other teams now, with that $7 mill contract...... I think he still gets traded, but now has the say in where he lands....(probably not Cleveland).....

    welcome in stranger ! Agreed ^^

    I'd like to see the incentive clauses of JG's new deal..? (16M/8.45M incentives)

    They hit the wicked part of their schedule at week 7.. the trade deadline is after week 8.. after they would have played the Rams twice.

    download.jpg.f060d736ea358f89f85e1469411637d2.jpg

    I see this more as a 9'ers insurance rental contract, up to after the Rams game pt. II. walking straight into the trade deadline week