Skip to content

Browns cuts to 53

The Browns Board
97 22 4.4k 1
  • Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @kvoethe said:

    Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    That didn't age very well now did it 🙂

  • His full name is Josua Ballinger Lippencott Rosen....is that a name that screams superbowl.

    Although he has made 19 million so far...not to shabby.

    18k per snap!!

    Anyone who has a chip on their shoulder shouldnt have to tell you they have a chip on their shoulder.

    No Regerts!!

  • Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @kvoethe said:

    Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    Saw that one coming a mile away...  Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh. Minor surprises Hance and Stanton got the ax.   

    I'd look for Kelly to make the practice squad if another team doesn't pick him up.  

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-initial-53-man-roster-heading-into-2022-season

    PS the Brisket didn't look all that great against the Bears... 

  • Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @kvoethe said:

    Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @hoorta said:

    Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    • Waived (17):
    • LB Dakota Allen
    • WR Daylen Baldwin
    • TE Miller Forristall
    • TE Nakia Griffin-Stewart
    • G Blake Hance  some guy named Blake
    • WR Mike Harley Jr.
    •  
    • LB Willie Harvey Jr.
    • S Lavert Hill (injured)
    • C Brock Hoffman
    • CB Shaun Jolly
    • CB Herb Miller
    • TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden
    • G David Moore Jr.
    • T Alex Taylor
    •  
    • DT Roderick Perry II
    • FB Johnny Stanton IV
    • WR Easop Winston
    • Terminated Contract (2):
    • RB John Kelly Jr.   Somebody please sign this guy - he's pretty good
    • QB Josh Rosen
    • Placed on reserve/suspended by commissioner (1):
    • QB Deshaun Watson
  • N Neo

    @kvoethe said:

    Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @hoorta said:

    Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    @neo said:

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    I agree, if I was setting the roster I would have Dobbs as starter backed up by Rosen.

  • I'm a bit surprised they dropped both Stanton and Kelly. I thought they'd keep one of them. And also dropped another first round QB. Maybe he asked to be dropped now knowing he might get a chance somewhere else rather than dropped when QB1 returns after game 11. Harder to get on somewhere that late in the season.

  • I'm a bit surprised they dropped both Stanton and Kelly. I thought they'd keep one of them. And also dropped another first round QB. Maybe he asked to be dropped now knowing he might get a chance somewhere else rather than dropped when QB1 returns after game 11. Harder to get on somewhere that late in the season.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And also dropped another first round QB.

    I was just telling my son that Dobbs played well enough and that he's more like Watson than Rosen is.  I knew it was gonna happen.  

    We've got 5 RB's.  (Felton is listed at RB...but even 4 is a lot)

    And only 2 TE's on the roster?   That's going to change.

    And I wouldn't be surprised to see WR go from the current 5 to 6.

    ...and lest we forget our current Center position having just one guy that we're none too sure of.

  • N Neo

    @kvoethe said:

    Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @hoorta said:

    Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    @neo said:

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    I have a feeling Brisette is going to be on a very short leash if he starts single handedly losing games by throwing ill advised interceptions. His career record speaks for itself.  

  • I except a heavy run game to come for 11 weak to squeeze out 6  wins up to week 12

  • May the Schwartz be with us? Over Harley? You fell for the oldest trick in the book...keeping a player just because you drafted him...saving face. 

  • N Neo

    @kvoethe said:

    Rosen cut....

    Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," Rosen said. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

    Hahahahahahah

    @hoorta said:

    Joining the long line of quarterback busts... Probably the end of the line for Josh

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    @neo said:

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    NFL starting experience.  And that's pretty much the gist of it.  

  • Well at least they kept Isaiah Thomas. He gets after QBs when he's in there. Schwartz is a trainwreck who will cost us games. I think I will keep track of crucial drops per game. You know he will have them because he's a choker. There is a guy I play doubles racquetball against from time to time. When it comes time for a crucial game winning or losing shot, I find a way to send it his direction because he's a choker under that kind of pressure. That is what Schwartz does.

  • The full order for waiver wire claims is here:

    1. Jacksonville Jaguars
    2. Detroit Lions
    3. Houston Texans
    4. New York Jets
    5. New York Giants
    6. Carolina Panthers
    7. Chicago Bears
    8. Atlanta Falcons
    9. Denver Broncos
    10. Seattle Seahawks
    11. Washington Commanders
    12. Minnesota Vikings
    13. * Cleveland Browns *
    14. Baltimore Ravens
    15. Miami Dolphins
    16. Indianapolis Colts
    17. Los Angeles Chargers
    18. New Orleans Saints
    19. Philadelphia Eagles
    20. Pittsburgh Steelers
    21. New England Patriots
    22. Las Vegas Raiders
    23. Arizona Cardinals
    24. Dallas Cowboys
    25. Buffalo Bills
    26. Tennessee Titans
    27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    28. Green Bay Packers
    29. San Francisco 49ers
    30. Kansas City Chiefs
    31. Cincinnati Bengals
    32. Los Angeles Rams
    33. PFF's full cut down tracker.. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-roster-cuts-tracker
  • Cleveland Browns claim Kellen Mond off waivers to be third QB

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34494751/cleveland-browns-claim-kellen-mond-waivers-third-qb-source-says

    The Cleveland Browns claimed quarterback Kellen Mond off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday.

    Mond gives the Browns a third quarterback on their active roster behind starter Jacoby Brissett and backup Joshua Dobbs while Deshaun Watson serves his 11-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy...

  • The Browns also signed LB Dakota Allen, WR Daylen Baldwin, TE Miller Forristall, WR Mike Harley, C Brock Hoffman, CB Shaun Jolly, RB John Kelly, CB Herb Miller, TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden, DT David Moore, DT Roderick Perry and T Alex Taylor to their practice squad. All 12 practice squad players were with the Browns this training camp.

  • @neo said:

    In all fairness Rosen had a better pre-season than Brissett. And Dobbs had the best one out of the three and yet they still have Brissett penciled in as the starter. Still trying to figure this one out.

    NFL starting experience.  And that's pretty much the gist of it.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    NFL starting experience.  And that's pretty much the gist of it.  

    If you're referring to Brissett, experienced or not, he did not play well. Rosen did and I think his potential can be unlocked in the right system (ours). Now I read somewhere that the Browns signed some one named Kellen Mond (QB). If Rosen could play better than the guy you have penciled in at starter, you would think that would be enough for a roster spot.

  • Cleveland Browns claim Kellen Mond off waivers to be third QB

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34494751/cleveland-browns-claim-kellen-mond-waivers-third-qb-source-says

    The Cleveland Browns claimed quarterback Kellen Mond off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday.

    Mond gives the Browns a third quarterback on their active roster behind starter Jacoby Brissett and backup Joshua Dobbs while Deshaun Watson serves his 11-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy...

    @vambo said:

    Cleveland Browns claim Kellen Mond off waivers to be third QB

    6'3  ,  holds the ball nice and high,  decent arm, decent senior year.        ( Rosen wasn't better? )

  • Probably the most curious thing is the departure of a full back and only 2 TEs, which makes me think Stefanski is tweaking some of his play calling philosophy. I figure we will add a TE before the season starts, but it will be interesting to track how many 2 and 3 TE sets get used compared to the last couple years.

    I never really thought Stef was crazy about having a full time FB on the roster either, he just wanted a guy who could adequately do full backy things. 

  • The Browns also signed LB Dakota Allen, WR Daylen Baldwin, TE Miller Forristall, WR Mike Harley, C Brock Hoffman, CB Shaun Jolly, RB John Kelly, CB Herb Miller, TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden, DT David Moore, DT Roderick Perry and T Alex Taylor to their practice squad. All 12 practice squad players were with the Browns this training camp.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The Browns also signed LB Dakota Allen, WR Daylen Baldwin, TE Miller Forristall, WR Mike Harley, C Brock Hoffman, CB Shaun Jolly, RB John Kelly, CB Herb Miller, TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden, DT David Moore, DT Roderick Perry and T Alex Taylor to their practice squad. All 12 practice squad players were with the Browns this training camp.

    As I hoped, Kelly clears waivers, headed to PS...  

    And if someone knows out there.... What's the difference between "contract terminated" and "Waived" ?