Anybody going to the Jets game?
-
I put this here since it looks like nobody goes to the tailgate forum any longer.
I plan on going up and was wondering if anybody was planning to go?
-
I put this here since it looks like nobody goes to the tailgate forum any longer.
I plan on going up and was wondering if anybody was planning to go?
I put this here since it looks like nobody goes to the tailgate forum any longer.
I plan on going up and was wondering if anybody was planning to go?
Going 'Peen... Not super early, planning on meeting up with one of my nephews at a place TBD. If we can meet up somehow, it would be great.
I've heard Keith (our Scottish Browns fan) is also going to be in town, but no details there....
-
I understand.
I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago. My liver made the decision for me over anything the head and heart told me to do, so tailgating isn't as important to me as it once was. That said, I miss the comradery this board once had. I get that the guys stopped hosting tailgates which is what brought me to this board in the first place. That was a lot of work and no doubt took a lot of energy, something as we get older seems to dissipate.
Have a good time Larry. At some point this season we need to try to meet up. We plan on going to Venice, Fla for Christmas, so I may run 45 minutes down the road and catch Zombo for that game at the spot where they watch.
I am going to the Steelers game on Thursday, so I am just going to stay through rather than drive back to Tennessee on Monday then turn around and drive back up on Wednesday. Retirement is supposed to be relaxing. Doing the shuttle between on a short schedule is too much like having a courier job or something. The drive now takes about a hour longer because I have to get out and stretch out about every 2 hours or I become petrified to my seat...that and the bladder isn't as elastic as it once was..lol.
Go Browns!
-
I understand.
I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago. My liver made the decision for me over anything the head and heart told me to do, so tailgating isn't as important to me as it once was. That said, I miss the comradery this board once had. I get that the guys stopped hosting tailgates which is what brought me to this board in the first place. That was a lot of work and no doubt took a lot of energy, something as we get older seems to dissipate.
Have a good time Larry. At some point this season we need to try to meet up. We plan on going to Venice, Fla for Christmas, so I may run 45 minutes down the road and catch Zombo for that game at the spot where they watch.
I am going to the Steelers game on Thursday, so I am just going to stay through rather than drive back to Tennessee on Monday then turn around and drive back up on Wednesday. Retirement is supposed to be relaxing. Doing the shuttle between on a short schedule is too much like having a courier job or something. The drive now takes about a hour longer because I have to get out and stretch out about every 2 hours or I become petrified to my seat...that and the bladder isn't as elastic as it once was..lol.
Go Browns!
I get that the guys stopped hosting tailgates which is what brought me to this board in the first place. That was a lot of work and no doubt took a lot of energy, something as we get older seems to dissipate.
Go Browns!
I just tailgated for a college football game and TBH, another part of the reality is watching on the TV is almost a better experience anymore. Here in South Florida it's still 1000 degrees and people are just assholes even to their fellow fans. I was at a non-insignificant college game wearing the opposing team shirt (I graduated from college there) and had drunken idiots heckling me for what amounted to essentially a high school game with a bigger stadium. It sucks because tailgating is something I used to love but it's just hard to find the passion for it anymore as opposed to sitting in front of a big ass, crystal clear TV with the same food cooking, same people there, same fun. I don't even care about the lines to pee, price of beers, etc I've just found it sucks to be around people so much lately.
-
I'm going I'll be at one of the hospitality suites at 40 yard line
-
I understand.
I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago. My liver made the decision for me over anything the head and heart told me to do, so tailgating isn't as important to me as it once was. That said, I miss the comradery this board once had. I get that the guys stopped hosting tailgates which is what brought me to this board in the first place. That was a lot of work and no doubt took a lot of energy, something as we get older seems to dissipate.
Have a good time Larry. At some point this season we need to try to meet up. We plan on going to Venice, Fla for Christmas, so I may run 45 minutes down the road and catch Zombo for that game at the spot where they watch.
I am going to the Steelers game on Thursday, so I am just going to stay through rather than drive back to Tennessee on Monday then turn around and drive back up on Wednesday. Retirement is supposed to be relaxing. Doing the shuttle between on a short schedule is too much like having a courier job or something. The drive now takes about a hour longer because I have to get out and stretch out about every 2 hours or I become petrified to my seat...that and the bladder isn't as elastic as it once was..lol.
Go Browns!
I understand.
I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago. My liver made the decision for me over anything the head and heart told me to do, so tailgating isn't as important to me as it once was. That said, I miss the comradery this board once had. I get that the guys stopped hosting tailgates which is what brought me to this board in the first place. That was a lot of work and no doubt took a lot of energy, something as we get older seems to dissipate.
Have a good time Larry. At some point this season we need to try to meet up. We plan on going to Venice, Fla for Christmas, so I may run 45 minutes down the road and catch Zombo for that game at the spot where they watch.
I am going to the Steelers game on Thursday, so I am just going to stay through rather than drive back to Tennessee on Monday then turn around and drive back up on Wednesday. Retirement is supposed to be relaxing. Doing the shuttle between on a short schedule is too much like having a courier job or something. The drive now takes about a hour longer because I have to get out and stretch out about every 2 hours or I become petrified to my seat...that and the bladder isn't as elastic as it once was..lol.
Go Browns!
'Peen PM me if you don't have my contact info... We may have the chance to meet up Sunday before\ after the game....
Yeah my aged body is starting to feel it too.... Just on my 220 mile drive to Cleveland, I need to take a break. After all day down at the stadium, anymore I hate driving back to Dayton right after the game. Should the Browns win Sunday, I'm seriously considering making the trip down to Atlanta for the Falcons game, but I just might opt on the one hour flight into Hartsfield, instead of the 500 mile and eight hour drive there.
Zombo said:
Keith will be there and Mike Clark as well.
Z
If you know what they have planed, let me know Z... I do wonder if ED (Roachmster) will be up there too to host.
I'm going... Will be tailgating where Capt' Franks used to be...
I'll plan on seeing you either before or after nickers.... I'm supposed to Tailgate with one of my nephews before the game, but he hasn't given me any concrete details as of yet.
-
I understand.
I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago. My liver made the decision for me over anything the head and heart told me to do, so tailgating isn't as important to me as it once was. That said, I miss the comradery this board once had. I get that the guys stopped hosting tailgates which is what brought me to this board in the first place. That was a lot of work and no doubt took a lot of energy, something as we get older seems to dissipate.
Have a good time Larry. At some point this season we need to try to meet up. We plan on going to Venice, Fla for Christmas, so I may run 45 minutes down the road and catch Zombo for that game at the spot where they watch.
I am going to the Steelers game on Thursday, so I am just going to stay through rather than drive back to Tennessee on Monday then turn around and drive back up on Wednesday. Retirement is supposed to be relaxing. Doing the shuttle between on a short schedule is too much like having a courier job or something. The drive now takes about a hour longer because I have to get out and stretch out about every 2 hours or I become petrified to my seat...that and the bladder isn't as elastic as it once was..lol.
Go Browns!
'Peen PM me if you don't have my contact info... We may have the chance to meet up Sunday before\ after the game....
Yeah my aged body is starting to feel it too.... Just on my 220 mile drive to Cleveland, I need to take a break. After all day down at the stadium, anymore I hate driving back to Dayton right after the game. Should the Browns win Sunday, I'm seriously considering making the trip down to Atlanta for the Falcons game, but I just might opt on the one hour flight into Hartsfield, instead of the 500 mile and eight hour drive there.
Zombo said:
Keith will be there and Mike Clark as well.
Z
If you know what they have planed, let me know Z... I do wonder if ED (Roachmster) will be up there too to host.
I'm going... Will be tailgating where Capt' Franks used to be...
I'll plan on seeing you either before or after nickers.... I'm supposed to Tailgate with one of my nephews before the game, but he hasn't given me any concrete details as of yet.
'Peen PM me if you don't have my contact info... We may have the chance to meet up Sunday before\ after the game....
Yeah my aged body is starting to feel it too.... Just on my 220 mile drive to Cleveland, I need to take a break. After all day down at the stadium, anymore I hate driving back to Dayton right after the game. Should the Browns win Sunday, I'm seriously considering making the trip down to Atlanta for the Falcons game, but I just might opt on the one hour flight into Hartsfield, instead of the 500 mile and eight hour drive there.
If you know what they have planed, let me know Z... I do wonder if ED (Roachmster) will be up there too to host.
I'll plan on seeing you either before or after nickers.... I'm supposed to Tailgate with one of my nephews before the game, but he hasn't given me any concrete details as of yet.
Okay Lar!!
-
I'm going... Will be tailgating where Capt' Franks used to be...
I may have to stop by to Introduce myself Nick. if you like, do it here or in a private message...any info on what the group might look like? Flags, vehicles, anything of the sort.
It makes it a whole lot easier and less embarrassing than walking up to strangers telling them you are Ballpeen and you are looking for Nickers. LOL. I am leving for Cincy in a bit as the stop over point tonight. I'll check back later this afternoon/evening or ealy in the AM tomorrow.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login