Skip to content

Fan Status Check

The Browns Board
28 18 1.6k 1
  • Great stuff flugs !  A true orange and brown 100%  Cleveland BROWNS'  fan no doubt about it.

    I especially like your road trips as a kid we never made a BROWNS road trip but made a few 65 mile Cleveland INDIANS  road trips every year, especially my dad's favorite the Sunday doubleheader games.  We also made a few really cool railroad trips with the Cub or Boy Scouts from Niles, Ohio to near the stadium and various routes including a lot  of walking up to the enormous Ol' Muni  stadium.   Absolutely a behemoth when you were a kid, even a grown up kid....the highlight (among others)  of the rail trips was the tiny little dixie cups to drink bottled water from or the big one was flushing the railcar toilets and seeing the tracks below.   😆  

    I started collecting programs way back then cheap and plentiful laying on seats basically unused.   We keep score in ours.

    I will never forget that and I'm almost 72 now......Indelible memories, so important to kids never forget that you dad's out there. You can pack a lunch if necessary but try to make at least one special game a season, and bleachers or whatever seats are fine.

    GO CLEVELAND BROWNS and INDIANS,  forever.......naturally. 

    @mjp28 said:

    Great stuff flugs !  A true orange and brown 100%  Cleveland BROWNS'  fan no doubt about it.

    I especially like your road trips as a kid we never made a BROWNS road trip but made a few 65 mile Cleveland INDIANS  road trips every year, especially my dad's favorite the Sunday doubleheader games.  We also made a few really cool railroad trips with the Cub or Boy Scouts from Niles, Ohio to near the stadium and various routes including a lot  of walking up to the enormous Ol' Muni  stadium.   Absolutely a behemoth when you were a kid, even a grown up kid....the highlight (among others)  of the rail trips was the tiny little dixie cups to drink bottled water from or the big one was flushing the railcar toilets and seeing the tracks below.   😆  

    I started collecting programs way back then cheap and plentiful laying on seats basically unused.   We keep score in ours.

    I will never forget that and I'm almost 72 now......Indelible memories, so important to kids never forget that you dad's out there. You can pack a lunch if necessary but try to make at least one special game a season, and bleachers or whatever seats are fine.

    GO CLEVELAND BROWNS and INDIANS,  forever.......naturally. 

    Thanks MJ!  I LOVED that old stadium when I was a kid.  It sounds like you guys had fun going to it for the baseball double header games with your dad on Sundays as well.  The railroad trips sound fun too.

    I actually have a picture of that old stadium in my man cave.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Great stuff flugs !  A true orange and brown 100%  Cleveland BROWNS'  fan no doubt about it.

    I especially like your road trips as a kid we never made a BROWNS road trip but made a few 65 mile Cleveland INDIANS  road trips every year, especially my dad's favorite the Sunday doubleheader games.  We also made a few really cool railroad trips with the Cub or Boy Scouts from Niles, Ohio to near the stadium and various routes including a lot  of walking up to the enormous Ol' Muni  stadium.   Absolutely a behemoth when you were a kid, even a grown up kid....the highlight (among others)  of the rail trips was the tiny little dixie cups to drink bottled water from or the big one was flushing the railcar toilets and seeing the tracks below.   😆  

    I started collecting programs way back then cheap and plentiful laying on seats basically unused.   We keep score in ours.

    I will never forget that and I'm almost 72 now......Indelible memories, so important to kids never forget that you dad's out there. You can pack a lunch if necessary but try to make at least one special game a season, and bleachers or whatever seats are fine.

    GO CLEVELAND BROWNS and INDIANS,  forever.......naturally. 

    Thanks MJ!  I LOVED that old stadium when I was a kid.  It sounds like you guys had fun going to it for the baseball double header games with your dad on Sundays as well.  The railroad trips sound fun too.

    I actually have a picture of that old stadium in my man cave.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks MJ!  I LOVED that old stadium when I was a kid.  It sounds like you guys had fun going to it for the baseball double header games with your dad on Sundays as well.  The railroad trips sound fun too.

    I actually have a picture of that old stadium in my man cave.

    I've got a brick from the Stadium when they tore it down. 

    I honestly really miss Cleveland Stadium for Browns games. 

    Not so much for baseball, even though I wish I could have seen one really good Indians team there. Would have been cool seeing big crowds there regularily during a pennant race. 

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks MJ!  I LOVED that old stadium when I was a kid.  It sounds like you guys had fun going to it for the baseball double header games with your dad on Sundays as well.  The railroad trips sound fun too.

    I actually have a picture of that old stadium in my man cave.

    I've got a brick from the Stadium when they tore it down. 

    I honestly really miss Cleveland Stadium for Browns games. 

    Not so much for baseball, even though I wish I could have seen one really good Indians team there. Would have been cool seeing big crowds there regularily during a pennant race. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I've got a brick from the Stadium when they tore it down. 

    I honestly really miss Cleveland Stadium for Browns games. 

    Not so much for baseball, even though I wish I could have seen one really good Indians team there. Would have been cool seeing big crowds there regularily during a pennant race. 

    Me too!  I also miss how blue collar TOUGH that fanbase used to be.  If anyone so much as saw a cell phone in the crowd - that thing was gonna get thrown into Lake Erie. 

    It might just be me, but our fanbase back then didn't seem like they wanted the HC or the QB or 1 of the Coordinators fired every other day.  The Browns have been firing the QB, HC and Coordinators for years and what's changed?  Nothing,  Everybody is well trained to think if we just get rid of the current QB 1st on the depth chart or the DC - it's flawless football to immediately follow.  We go 1 game this year that the Browns won with a backup QB; and look how many fans were pissed he didn't play like Joe Montana in week 1.  This won't ever be like the Dawg Pound again with that kind of thin skin.  We as a fan base have to understand that after the first 32 QBs are named starters - the next 32 are backups.  It is what it is. When David Mays filled in and helped Cleveland beat Pittsburgh - he wasn't looking anything like Len Dawson beating Minnesota in a previous SB.  Brian Sipe didn't look anything like a starter in his first 4 years or so. I think he was drafted in 72; but after he got enough reps and comfort with the WR Corps and TE - he was the only NFL MVP (1980) this franchise has had in the last 50 years or so.

  • So while we are going down Memory Lane, I just stumbled upon this pic of a much younger Dutch from his first season of Ravenna Rams Pee-Wee football, I'm guessing 1984ish? The next season was the last with the Browns color scheme, they'd go to the traditional colors of Ravenna HIgh School (royal blue, white and red) after that. 

    We completed two passes that season, I caught one of them, for 9 yards. I can still remember catching the ball, the weather was cold and dreary, and the ball felt like a brick. 

    sean rams.jpg

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks MJ!  I LOVED that old stadium when I was a kid.  It sounds like you guys had fun going to it for the baseball double header games with your dad on Sundays as well.  The railroad trips sound fun too.

    I actually have a picture of that old stadium in my man cave.

    I've got a brick from the Stadium when they tore it down. 

    I honestly really miss Cleveland Stadium for Browns games. 

    Not so much for baseball, even though I wish I could have seen one really good Indians team there. Would have been cool seeing big crowds there regularily during a pennant race. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I've got a brick from the Stadium when they tore it down. 

    I honestly really miss Cleveland Stadium for Browns games. 

    Not so much for baseball, even though I wish I could have seen one really good Indians team there. Would have been cool seeing big crowds there regularily during a pennant race. 

    Well I had a chunk of turf I dug up from the 50 yard line from the Final Play that I managed to keep alive for many years... 

  • Great stuff flugs !  A true orange and brown 100%  Cleveland BROWNS'  fan no doubt about it.

    I especially like your road trips as a kid we never made a BROWNS road trip but made a few 65 mile Cleveland INDIANS  road trips every year, especially my dad's favorite the Sunday doubleheader games.  We also made a few really cool railroad trips with the Cub or Boy Scouts from Niles, Ohio to near the stadium and various routes including a lot  of walking up to the enormous Ol' Muni  stadium.   Absolutely a behemoth when you were a kid, even a grown up kid....the highlight (among others)  of the rail trips was the tiny little dixie cups to drink bottled water from or the big one was flushing the railcar toilets and seeing the tracks below.   😆  

    I started collecting programs way back then cheap and plentiful laying on seats basically unused.   We keep score in ours.

    I will never forget that and I'm almost 72 now......Indelible memories, so important to kids never forget that you dad's out there. You can pack a lunch if necessary but try to make at least one special game a season, and bleachers or whatever seats are fine.

    GO CLEVELAND BROWNS and INDIANS,  forever.......naturally. 

    @mjp28 said:

    Great stuff flugs !  A true orange and brown 100%  Cleveland BROWNS'  fan no doubt about it.

    I especially like your road trips as a kid we never made a BROWNS road trip but made a few 65 mile Cleveland INDIANS  road trips every year, especially my dad's favorite the Sunday doubleheader games.  We also made a few really cool railroad trips with the Cub or Boy Scouts from Niles, Ohio to near the stadium and various routes including a lot  of walking up to the enormous Ol' Muni  stadium.   Absolutely a behemoth when you were a kid, even a grown up kid....the highlight (among others)  of the rail trips was the tiny little dixie cups to drink bottled water from or the big one was flushing the railcar toilets and seeing the tracks below.   😆  

    I started collecting programs way back then cheap and plentiful laying on seats basically unused.   We keep score in ours.

    I will never forget that and I'm almost 72 now......Indelible memories, so important to kids never forget that you dad's out there. You can pack a lunch if necessary but try to make at least one special game a season, and bleachers or whatever seats are fine.

    GO CLEVELAND BROWNS and INDIANS,  forever.......naturally. 

    LOL you mean the Gindians, er... the Indagards?   Actually, stayed up to watch the end of that 15 inning special early this morning.  🙂 

  • So while we are going down Memory Lane, I just stumbled upon this pic of a much younger Dutch from his first season of Ravenna Rams Pee-Wee football, I'm guessing 1984ish? The next season was the last with the Browns color scheme, they'd go to the traditional colors of Ravenna HIgh School (royal blue, white and red) after that. 

    We completed two passes that season, I caught one of them, for 9 yards. I can still remember catching the ball, the weather was cold and dreary, and the ball felt like a brick. 

    sean rams.jpg

    @dutch-oven said:

    So while we are going down Memory Lane, I just stumbled upon this pic of a much younger Dutch from his first season of Ravenna Rams Pee-Wee football, I'm guessing 1984ish? The next season was the last with the Browns color scheme, they'd go to the traditional colors of Ravenna HIgh School (royal blue, white and red) after that. 

    We completed two passes that season, I caught one of them, for 9 yards. I can still remember catching the ball, the weather was cold and dreary, and the ball felt like a brick. 

    sean rams.jpg

    Great choice of # Dutch.  Can you still catch?  Stefanski might need you this year...

  • Something else.

    Still a fan, but hate Watson... for the time being anyway.

    I'm sure most will get over it in due time.

  • Something else.

    Still a fan, but hate Watson... for the time being anyway.

    I'm sure most will get over it in due time.

    @fy56 said:

    Something else.

    Still a fan, but hate Watson... for the time being anyway.

    I'm sure most will get over it in due time.

    This

  • I’m probably C

    I feel like I understand why most people have their opinions and have taken their on Watson and the Browns.

    I understand why the FO went the extra mile to bring him to Cleveland. 
     

    I get the Baker bros who will miss Mayfield. I wish him well too and I’ll always be a fan of his. 
     

    I understand the discomfort/anger toward management and Watson. There are people who are embarrassed by all of this and disgusted by Watson’s actions and who are sitting out as a result. 
     

    And for those who are excited to finally have QB in Cleveland who can drive wins and put the Browns “in the Super Bowl conversation”? Fuck, I get it.

    This whole thing has really divided the fan base and there seems to be a lot of vitriol being spewed at each other as a result. But I don’t begrudge a side here. All are justified. 
     

    I don’t like Watson. I don’t like that he can’t seem to realize that his actions have hurt some of these women. I hope one day we hear some accountability from him on a public stage. But if Watson comes in and is the quarterback we all know he can be and the Browns finally feel like true contenders? Well, I’ll be the first hypocrite on the top of Hypocrite Mountain, waving that pervert’s flag.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So while we are going down Memory Lane, I just stumbled upon this pic of a much younger Dutch from his first season of Ravenna Rams Pee-Wee football, I'm guessing 1984ish? The next season was the last with the Browns color scheme, they'd go to the traditional colors of Ravenna HIgh School (royal blue, white and red) after that. 

    We completed two passes that season, I caught one of them, for 9 yards. I can still remember catching the ball, the weather was cold and dreary, and the ball felt like a brick. 

    sean rams.jpg

    Great choice of # Dutch.  Can you still catch?  Stefanski might need you this year...

    @flugel said:

    Great choice of # Dutch.  Can you still catch?  Stefanski might need you this year...

    Yeah, my dad was thrilled I got Paul Warfield's #, and my position was flanker that season. (Now thinking about it, that is what they called the position, but in reality I was a wingback. Next to the tight end, off the LOS).

    I would wear #42 when I got older from time to time in baseball/softball because of another famous #42 athlete. 

    And yes, I can still catch. I've always had really good hands.

    Problem is you can probably time my 40 speed with a sundial, and I might be able to get about four inches off the ground now ?

  • I bleed Brown, win or lose, ups and downs, good times bad times....makes no difference...eternal optimist for the franchise..it's tough at times, but gotta believe!