Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Jets

The Browns Board
20 8 1.0k
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I am not a Stefanski fan. I nicknamed him "ShitMyPantski" as I think he is afraid to win.

    Perhaps you'd prefer Mr. 1-31.

  • @flugel said:

     Thanks for the compliment Gumbs!  Backatchya!  

    I hope this isn't just wishful thinking; but I see no reason Brissett can't improve his accuracy and consistency as he gets more familiar with the Receivers and TEs.  He fit some passes into tight windows in the 2nd half to DPJ in particular.  Some of those came when there was zero margin of error left.   There's some positives to build on while chemistry with receivers requires way more than the very limited preseason game reps Brissett had with the WR Corps.  It's not like he was here last year so all these guys are all pretty much game day strangers to him. They're gonna be strangers to Watson too. Did Cooper even play in any of the preseason games? 

    Very glad to hear they're going to honor Joe Thomas this Sunday.  He'll definitely be a 1st ballot HOFer as making 10 of 10 possible Pro Bowls says he should be. Wouldn't it also be pretty sweet if this Sunday also becomes the day Myles Garrett breaks Clay Matthews' franchise leading volume of career sacks?

    Speaking of Joe Thomas, it's too bad Ghoolie never made it to Nashville the weekend Gipper and Hoorta came about 6 years ago. Gipper would have had the outrageous memory of watching his buddy Flugel tie Ghoolie up into a pretzel and squeezing him into a children's large Joe Thomas jersey on one of his final Cleveland Browns road trips. It probably would have ended up looking like a half shirt designed by Seymore Belly and modeled exclusively by Ghoolie. 

    I have to say thanks again for the hospitality on that trip Flugs...  Other than another Browns loss.  🙁  BTW, none other than Jimmy Haslam showed up at the Browns Tailgate for selfies and shaking hands. Well... besides Gipper wanting visit the American Pickers store, where there was a line around a mile long to get into the place. Personally, I'd rather go to the dentist for a root canal, instead of browse an antiques (junk) store.  Fortunately, there was a wine bar a few stores down where I could cool it sipping some vino. While you goobers stood waiting in line for about 40 minutes to get in.  🙂  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hoorta said:

    I have to say thanks again for the hospitality on that trip Flugs...  Other than another Browns loss.  🙁  BTW, none other than Jimmy Haslam showed up at the Browns Tailgate for selfies and shaking hands. Well... besides Gipper wanting visit the American Pickers store, where there was a line around a mile long to get into the place. Personally, I'd rather go to the dentist for a root canal, instead of browse an antiques (junk) store.  Fortunately, there was a wine bar a few stores down where I could cool it sipping some vino. While you goobers stood waiting in line for about 40 minutes to get in.  🙂  

    It was a pleasure Larry - you guys were a lot of fun!  That wine bar was pretty good once we got out of that store.  I remember on Saturday afternoon I was looking forward to watching some of the good college/SEC matchups when Gipper asked "Flugel would you mind going to see the house where President James Polk lived/worked at while he was our President?"  So, we were off to Columbia, TN while I think you went to church and/or shopping. That was well worth the short trip. I stay away from talking politics on the board; but Gipper was delightfully insightful about some of our former Presidents before the social media era.  The stuff he told me about President Kennedy and the Kennedy family was fascinating.  The trip home felt like 5 minutes.  

    That night was a lot of fun going to the party hosted by the Browns Backers at that Honky Tonk Sports Bar.  Mack and Byner were there interacting with fans looking happy to do so.  First class guys!  Loved that tandem.  The one we have today reminds me a lot of them.  We really packed a lot into that Saturday and Sunday.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Jets defense looks real. 

     And this young DB they have, Sauce Gardner... kid played like he's been in the league a few years already against Baltimore.  Can't give him enough praise for not only his technique and execution, but his I.Q as well.  His rotations and replacements were assignment sound.  Very uncommon for a rookie to look that composed, let alone his 1st game playing the 2nd most difficult position in football. 

    What success the Ravens found through the air was mostly away from him.    

    Going to be every bit the war of attrition it was against Carolina.  Maybe even more so, because this Green Defense looks very gap sound on the IDL. Not entirely sure we see some of the rushing success in terms of chunk plays that happened week 1. 

    But the Jets Oline is weak on the edges and their passing game is below average.  

    Patient, methodical, field position , don't blink first and let the home crowd advantage do it's thing.   Would be shocked if this is a Browns win over 7 points. 

  • @hoorta said:

    I have to say thanks again for the hospitality on that trip Flugs...  Other than another Browns loss.  🙁  BTW, none other than Jimmy Haslam showed up at the Browns Tailgate for selfies and shaking hands. Well... besides Gipper wanting visit the American Pickers store, where there was a line around a mile long to get into the place. Personally, I'd rather go to the dentist for a root canal, instead of browse an antiques (junk) store.  Fortunately, there was a wine bar a few stores down where I could cool it sipping some vino. While you goobers stood waiting in line for about 40 minutes to get in.  🙂  

    It was a pleasure Larry - you guys were a lot of fun!  That wine bar was pretty good once we got out of that store.  I remember on Saturday afternoon I was looking forward to watching some of the good college/SEC matchups when Gipper asked "Flugel would you mind going to see the house where President James Polk lived/worked at while he was our President?"  So, we were off to Columbia, TN while I think you went to church and/or shopping. That was well worth the short trip. I stay away from talking politics on the board; but Gipper was delightfully insightful about some of our former Presidents before the social media era.  The stuff he told me about President Kennedy and the Kennedy family was fascinating.  The trip home felt like 5 minutes.  

    That night was a lot of fun going to the party hosted by the Browns Backers at that Honky Tonk Sports Bar.  Mack and Byner were there interacting with fans looking happy to do so.  First class guys!  Loved that tandem.  The one we have today reminds me a lot of them.  We really packed a lot into that Saturday and Sunday.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @flugel said:

     good college/SEC matchups when Gipper asked "Flugel would you mind going to see the house where President James Polk lived/worked at while he was our President?"   ? (that's our Gip!)

    That night was a lot of fun going to the party hosted by the Browns Backers at that Honky Tonk Sports Bar.  Mack and Byner were there interacting with fans looking happy to do so.  First class guys!  Loved that tandem.  The one we have today reminds me a lot of them.  We really packed a lot into that Saturday and Sunday.

    I sadly missed this road trip to a friend we lost at work 🙁 (bless ya Flip-(per) ? ... #34 K. Mack's still all 🙂 at the Panthers Week 1.. was a great Saturday night !

     download.jpg.d86377baf6328e5bde28e3ce62f9d47a.jpg

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #14

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jets defense looks real.    

    Going to be every bit the war of attrition it was against Carolina.  Maybe even more so, because this Green Defense looks very gap sound on the IDL. Not entirely sure we see some of the rushing success in terms of chunk plays that happened week 1.  On the other hand, the Ravens Oline doesn't look good either.

    But the Jets Oline is weak on the edges and their passing game is below average.  

    Sorry Tia, I didn't see a post coming.. I think we hit enter at the same time..

    Pocic will certainly have his a hands full of  

    DT's

    98 Rankins, Sheldon U/NO                
    95 *stud  Williams, Quinnen 19/1  

    Jets LT George Fant handled Garrett fairly well in their last match-up (Fant's ?'able for todays game)

    Both teams weakness at OL becomes the survivor of RT's.. James Hudson vs Connor McGovern

    We may save RT Jack Conklin for Steelers TNF?  stay tuned

    Dear Coach Stefanski, I have one thing to say for today #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png

    images.jpg.d9a0a21625a33317671cdbca283d4877.jpg

  • 45.

    Chubb and Hunt with ball in hands 45 times.  Now I think you need to get creative with it in short pass game or split out and on some simple routes.  They could look something like 23/13 carries respectively and 9 receptions between the two. 
     

    Throw in a couple run plays to Schwartz and Felton. 
     

    That gives you 18-20 other pass plays split it up with playaction and high percentage throws to DPJ, Njoku and Cooper.  
     

    Of course take care of the football and Our play caller can’t get too cute now is not the time.  
     

    Defense give us a couple three and outs where we can shift field position and one turnover…two and we are golden.  And Bow up in the redzone give up more FGs than TDs.

    This is the weekly formula. 
     

    We aren’t going win the next couple months with splashy QB play like other teams.  So quit calling for Jacoby to sit.  
     

    Browns 24-16 this week.  Jets score late 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Chubb and Hunt with ball in hands 45 times.  Now I think you need to get creative with it in short pass game or split out and on some simple routes.  They could look something like 23/13 carries respectively and 9 receptions between the two. 
     

    Njoku will be heavily involved in the passing attack today, you can bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Njoku got the very first pass today. 

    Brissett missed virtually every big play last week, that won't happen again. I also believe our defense scores. 

  • @flugel said:

     good college/SEC matchups when Gipper asked "Flugel would you mind going to see the house where President James Polk lived/worked at while he was our President?"   ? (that's our Gip!)

    That night was a lot of fun going to the party hosted by the Browns Backers at that Honky Tonk Sports Bar.  Mack and Byner were there interacting with fans looking happy to do so.  First class guys!  Loved that tandem.  The one we have today reminds me a lot of them.  We really packed a lot into that Saturday and Sunday.

    I sadly missed this road trip to a friend we lost at work 🙁 (bless ya Flip-(per) ? ... #34 K. Mack's still all 🙂 at the Panthers Week 1.. was a great Saturday night !

     download.jpg.d86377baf6328e5bde28e3ce62f9d47a.jpg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gumby73 said:

    I sadly missed this road trip to a friend we lost at work 🙁 (bless ya Flip-(per) ? ... #34 K. Mack's still all 🙂 at the Panthers Week 1.. was a great Saturday night !

     download.jpg.d86377baf6328e5bde28e3ce62f9d47a.jpg

    In your's and your buddy's honor, I give you former Clemson and Cleveland sensation tucking Greg Lloyd in for a nap on the grass.  The video can still be seen despite what it says so enjoy!

  • Jets defense looks real. 

     And this young DB they have, Sauce Gardner... kid played like he's been in the league a few years already against Baltimore.  Can't give him enough praise for not only his technique and execution, but his I.Q as well.  His rotations and replacements were assignment sound.  Very uncommon for a rookie to look that composed, let alone his 1st game playing the 2nd most difficult position in football. 

    What success the Ravens found through the air was mostly away from him.    

    Going to be every bit the war of attrition it was against Carolina.  Maybe even more so, because this Green Defense looks very gap sound on the IDL. Not entirely sure we see some of the rushing success in terms of chunk plays that happened week 1. 

    But the Jets Oline is weak on the edges and their passing game is below average.  

    Patient, methodical, field position , don't blink first and let the home crowd advantage do it's thing.   Would be shocked if this is a Browns win over 7 points. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jets defense looks real. 

     And this young DB they have, Sauce Gardner... kid played like he's been in the league a few years already against Baltimore.  Can't give him enough praise for not only his technique and execution, but his I.Q as well.  His rotations and replacements were assignment sound.  Very uncommon for a rookie to look that composed, let alone his 1st game playing the 2nd most difficult position in football. 

    What success the Ravens found through the air was mostly away from him.    

    Going to be every bit the war of attrition it was against Carolina.  Maybe even more so, because this Green Defense looks very gap sound on the IDL. Not entirely sure we see some of the rushing success in terms of chunk plays that happened week 1. 

    But the Jets Oline is weak on the edges and their passing game is below average.  

    Patient, methodical, field position , don't blink first and let the home crowd advantage do it's thing.   Would be shocked if this is a Browns win over 7 points. 

    Tia, how did the rookie RT (Faalele) for the Rats look for the Rats?  If I tried to pronounce that, I'd prolly sound like drunk Philly fan swearing at Santa Claus.  I got a sick feeling that guy is going to be a bad ass sometime soon.  Having said that, what Callahan and his assistant Scott Peters have accomplished with the development of James Hudson is really remarkable.  I think we'll be fine whenever he fills in.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Jets defense looks real.    

    Going to be every bit the war of attrition it was against Carolina.  Maybe even more so, because this Green Defense looks very gap sound on the IDL. Not entirely sure we see some of the rushing success in terms of chunk plays that happened week 1.  On the other hand, the Ravens Oline doesn't look good either.

    But the Jets Oline is weak on the edges and their passing game is below average.  

    Sorry Tia, I didn't see a post coming.. I think we hit enter at the same time..

    Pocic will certainly have his a hands full of  

    DT's

    98 Rankins, Sheldon U/NO                
    95 *stud  Williams, Quinnen 19/1  

    Jets LT George Fant handled Garrett fairly well in their last match-up (Fant's ?'able for todays game)

    Both teams weakness at OL becomes the survivor of RT's.. James Hudson vs Connor McGovern

    We may save RT Jack Conklin for Steelers TNF?  stay tuned

    Dear Coach Stefanski, I have one thing to say for today #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png

    images.jpg.d9a0a21625a33317671cdbca283d4877.jpg

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #18

    @gumby73 said:

    Sorry Tia, I didn't see a post coming.. I think we hit enter at the same time..

    Pocic will certainly have his a hands full of  

    DT's

    98 Rankins, Sheldon U/NO                
    95 *stud  Williams, Quinnen 19/1  

    No need to apologize. I hadn't noticed either until I came back.

    Don't leave out Franklin-Meyers either.  Dude slides all over their fronts and played very well against the Ravens.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Njoku will be heavily involved in the passing attack today, you can bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Njoku got the very first pass today. 

    I actually expect the Browns to come out in 11 personnel and throw a couple quick hitters early.  Like last week, except we don't open with that weakside zone.

    @flugel said:

    Tia, how did the rookie RT (Faalele) for the Rats look for the Rats?   Having said that, what Callahan and his assistant Scott Peters have accomplished with the development of James Hudson is really remarkable.  I think we'll be fine whenever he fills in.  

    Let me get back to you shortly on that.  I'm already up watching film for my bets today, I'll jump back over to the Ravens-Jets and focus him.

    edit:  back to the first 2 drives, I haven't seen him out there once.  Let me check the snap logs to see if he even played?

    double edit: Game log shows inactive week 1.  So we'll have to wait more to see how he fares.  Sorry I couldn't get any info on him bubs. Can't cook with food I don't have though.  ?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Sorry Tia, I didn't see a post coming.. I think we hit enter at the same time..

    Pocic will certainly have his a hands full of  

    DT's

    98 Rankins, Sheldon U/NO                
    95 *stud  Williams, Quinnen 19/1  

    No need to apologize. I hadn't noticed either until I came back.

    Don't leave out Franklin-Meyers either.  Dude slides all over their fronts and played very well against the Ravens.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Njoku will be heavily involved in the passing attack today, you can bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Njoku got the very first pass today. 

    I actually expect the Browns to come out in 11 personnel and throw a couple quick hitters early.  Like last week, except we don't open with that weakside zone.

    @flugel said:

    Tia, how did the rookie RT (Faalele) for the Rats look for the Rats?   Having said that, what Callahan and his assistant Scott Peters have accomplished with the development of James Hudson is really remarkable.  I think we'll be fine whenever he fills in.  

    Let me get back to you shortly on that.  I'm already up watching film for my bets today, I'll jump back over to the Ravens-Jets and focus him.

    edit:  back to the first 2 drives, I haven't seen him out there once.  Let me check the snap logs to see if he even played?

    double edit: Game log shows inactive week 1.  So we'll have to wait more to see how he fares.  Sorry I couldn't get any info on him bubs. Can't cook with food I don't have though.  ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let me get back to you shortly on that.  I'm already up watching film for my bets today, I'll jump back over to the Ravens-Jets and focus him.

    edit:  back to the first 2 drives, I haven't seen him out there once.  Let me check the snap logs to see if he even played?

    double edit: Game log shows inactive week 1.  So we'll have to wait more to see how he fares.  Sorry I couldn't get any info on him bubs. Can't cook with food I don't have though.  ?

    Sorry about sending you on a wild goose chase when you already spent enough time researching the Jets for us! 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Let me get back to you shortly on that.  I'm already up watching film for my bets today, I'll jump back over to the Ravens-Jets and focus him.

    edit:  back to the first 2 drives, I haven't seen him out there once.  Let me check the snap logs to see if he even played?

    double edit: Game log shows inactive week 1.  So we'll have to wait more to see how he fares.  Sorry I couldn't get any info on him bubs. Can't cook with food I don't have though.  ?

    Sorry about sending you on a wild goose chase when you already spent enough time researching the Jets for us! 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @flugel said:

    Sorry about sending you on a wild goose chase when you already spent enough time researching the Jets for us! 

    All good.  That extra look helped me put $ on one of my lines for today (MIA +4)   So it worked out.