Skip to content

Joe Haden Signs Contract With The Browns

The Browns Board
13 11 701 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #2

    That's classy of Joe... And of the Browns... Joe's heart bleeds Cleveland.. He's a great kid... He had his short comings for a DB... But he balled out... Or... This is a bad joke?

  • That's classy of Joe... And of the Browns... Joe's heart bleeds Cleveland.. He's a great kid... He had his short comings for a DB... But he balled out... Or... This is a bad joke?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @nickers said:

    That's classy of Joe... And of the Browns... Joe's heart bleeds Cleveland.. He's a great kid... He had his short comings for a DB... But he balled out... Or... This is a bad joke?

    I think he was pretty good, but wanted out, so he may have faked the concussions. He truly seemed to like Cleveland though.

    The Browns' secondary always seems to be the most unhealthy unit on the team. Really bizzare.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #4

    Haden PFF - Above 66.0 each of the last 5 years with PIT, above 70 in 2018 and 2019.

    Haden OTC - That's a lot of money to spend on a CB..

    Haden Stats - His 2019 ProBowl year with PIT was the one out of 5 seasons with them in which he played all 16 games..

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #5

    Classy move by Joe and puts to rest any questions where his heart is. Thanks Joe for the good play on the field and class off it. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Classy move Joe Haden..

    Never liked losing good draft picks like Joe Haden or Alex Mack/ while never investing in a real QB either.

    Sure, Haden saw some injuries.. But he also saw many WR1's with new rule changes, that only favored the offense.. I hated reading, Alex Mack retired as a 49'er... 

    Glad #23 Joe Haden did us right today.. Welcome back Joe & good luck in your football retirement     

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The classy move is to suit up and put Delpit on the bench. 
     

    I assume Joe can listen well and knows the coverages 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I like him...but he is just an average football player...no playoff wins..nothing special compared to others in his position...lets not try to turn chickenshit into chicken salad.

  • I like him...but he is just an average football player...no playoff wins..nothing special compared to others in his position...lets not try to turn chickenshit into chicken salad.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @kvoethe said:

    I like him...but he is just an average football player...no playoff wins..nothing special compared to others in his position...lets not try to turn chickenshit into chicken salad.

    He was a good player and he's got a good heart... Let's leave it at that...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Good to see #23 back in the house today.. ?

    Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:
    Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback.
    A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.
    Haden: Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.
    12:11 PM · Oct 29, 2022
    Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi
    Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:

    Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback. A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.

    Haden:

    Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.
  • Good to see #23 back in the house today.. ?

    Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:
    Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback.
    A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.
    Haden: Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.
    12:11 PM · Oct 29, 2022
    Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi
    Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:

    Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback. A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.

    Haden:

    Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.
    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @gumby73 said:

    Good to see #23 back in the house today.. ?

    Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:
    Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback.
    A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.
    Haden: Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.

    I always thought he was a good player and a good fit in Cleveland.    I'm now glad to see him again. 

    Hey Joe, enjoy your retirement  !

  • @gumby73 said:

    Good to see #23 back in the house today.. ?

    Browns CB MJ Emerson on Joe Haden:
    Growing up in Florida, I was a Florida Gators fan ... He’s a big influence on me playing cornerback.
    A lot of people don’t know but I looked up to Joe Haden.
    Haden: Stuff like that makes me feel good. I just want to hug him.

    I always thought he was a good player and a good fit in Cleveland.    I'm now glad to see him again. 

    Hey Joe, enjoy your retirement  !

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mjp28 said:

    I always thought he was a good player

    He was a good player.  He just wasn't great.  And being drafted as high as he was, and what he was being paid, people expect 'great'.  And then when you're not great, then being a good, solid player is not good enough.  Its the way it is now, in the times of BIG money.  I'm glad that he came back to us to retire...even though some of us sent him out of town with a 'don't let the door hit you in the ass' kind of sentiment.  

    You were a good, solid player Joe Haden.  

  • @mjp28 said:

    I always thought he was a good player

    He was a good player.  He just wasn't great.  And being drafted as high as he was, and what he was being paid, people expect 'great'.  And then when you're not great, then being a good, solid player is not good enough.  Its the way it is now, in the times of BIG money.  I'm glad that he came back to us to retire...even though some of us sent him out of town with a 'don't let the door hit you in the ass' kind of sentiment.  

    You were a good, solid player Joe Haden.  

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    He was a good player.  He just wasn't great.  And being drafted as high as he was, and what he was being paid, people expect 'great'.  And then when you're not great, then being a good, solid player is not good enough.  Its the way it is now, in the times of BIG money.  I'm glad that he came back to us to retire...even though some of us sent him out of town with a 'don't let the door hit you in the ass' kind of sentiment.  

    You were a good, solid player Joe Haden.  

    I always thought he definitely didn’t live up to where he was drafted, or his contract 

    It always seemed if the other team needed a big play, they went right at him. And I know he was on the other teams best wr mostly, but the good to great cb’s shut down that guy. Joe just never seemed to do that