Skip to content

Pro Bowl

The Browns Board
13 9 1.2k 1
  • It's about time.  Baseball is the only sport that can actually play a game that is similar to what is played in the regular season.

  • It's about time.  Baseball is the only sport that can actually play a game that is similar to what is played in the regular season.

    @ballpeen said:

    It's about time.  Baseball is the only sport that can actually play a game that is similar to what is played in the regular season.

    I agree, though I'm probably one of the weird ones who actually watched the game every year. A few seasons back the players got excoriated by Goodell for playing a game that had devolved into double touch tag.  

    Anymore you don't want your franchise players in a game with no relevance. Heck, Coaches now are reluctant to play their starters in preseason games due to injury risk. And 1\2 the time guys voted to the Pro Bowl came up with phantom excuses for not playing. IIRC the #1 slacker in that regard- Dan Marino never played in one.  🙁  

  • @ballpeen said:

    It's about time.  Baseball is the only sport that can actually play a game that is similar to what is played in the regular season.

    I agree, though I'm probably one of the weird ones who actually watched the game every year. A few seasons back the players got excoriated by Goodell for playing a game that had devolved into double touch tag.  

    Anymore you don't want your franchise players in a game with no relevance. Heck, Coaches now are reluctant to play their starters in preseason games due to injury risk. And 1\2 the time guys voted to the Pro Bowl came up with phantom excuses for not playing. IIRC the #1 slacker in that regard- Dan Marino never played in one.  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    I'm probably one of the weird ones who actually watched the game every year.

    I used to watch it...a long time ago.  But by some weird alignment of the stars I watched some of last year's game.  I got a kick out of Mac Jones:

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm probably one of the weird ones who actually watched the game every year.

    I used to watch it...a long time ago.  But by some weird alignment of the stars I watched some of last year's game.  I got a kick out of Mac Jones:

    @orion said:

    I used to watch it...a long time ago.  But by some weird alignment of the stars I watched some of last year's game.  I got a kick out of Mac Jones:

    That's what I mean, it's time...  

    It would be the equivalent of the MLB All Star game with guys serving up sub batting practice pitches and turning the game into home run derby... 

  • @orion said:

    I used to watch it...a long time ago.  But by some weird alignment of the stars I watched some of last year's game.  I got a kick out of Mac Jones:

    That's what I mean, it's time...  

    It would be the equivalent of the MLB All Star game with guys serving up sub batting practice pitches and turning the game into home run derby... 

    @hoorta said:

    That's what I mean, it's time...  

    Yes.  It had devolved to that.  ( but Mac's run still made me laugh )

  • How long till gay boi Goodell turns the regular games into flag football.. I mean hell it's almost there now...

  • @ballpeen said:

    It's about time.  Baseball is the only sport that can actually play a game that is similar to what is played in the regular season.

    I agree, though I'm probably one of the weird ones who actually watched the game every year. A few seasons back the players got excoriated by Goodell for playing a game that had devolved into double touch tag.  

    Anymore you don't want your franchise players in a game with no relevance. Heck, Coaches now are reluctant to play their starters in preseason games due to injury risk. And 1\2 the time guys voted to the Pro Bowl came up with phantom excuses for not playing. IIRC the #1 slacker in that regard- Dan Marino never played in one.  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    I agree, though I'm probably one of the weird ones who actually watched the game every year. A few seasons back the players got excoriated by Goodell for playing a game that had devolved into double touch tag.  

    Anymore you don't want your franchise players in a game with no relevance. Heck, Coaches now are reluctant to play their starters in preseason games due to injury risk. And 1\2 the time guys voted to the Pro Bowl came up with phantom excuses for not playing. IIRC the #1 slacker in that regard- Dan Marino never played in one.  🙁  

    Danny boy was pretty smart and ahead of his time why risk getting injured for next to nothing (a small insurance payout for that).  

    And now these players have much more $$$  on the line.  Same thing with exposure to motorcycles and fast cars...ooops on that one Myles  and a few others.   😮

    Even the top college football  players are backing out of bowl games.  The lower rated ones want more NFL  exposure and play.  It does make cents.....as in dollars and cents. 

  • The decision to eliminate the pro bowl is unquestionably correct.

    Look no further than Tyler Eifert to understand why.  Tyler was coming off his career year and justifiably looking to get paid.. blew out his ankle in that game, and not only didn't he get paid, his career until forced retirement was a sequence of 1-year near-minimum contracts spending most of his time on the trainers table.

  • I understand the move to make it safer and more enjoyable. I think it is better than playing a fake football game where there are no hits (understandably so). 

    I like the skill games and I watch the highlights every year.

  • The Pro Bowl is a useless game... But I liked it better when it was held in Hawaii every year.. It gave those fans who couldn't regularly attend a game a chance to see a stripped down version of the pro game with all the stars... But at the cost of safety... I get it..

    EDIT: Then I think about the NBA... There's nothing that stops guys from playing pick up games in the off season... I wonder where that will evolve. But I know its hard to tell guys to stop living their lives so to speak. Knowing that what people do on their own time is their own damn business...

  • I understand the move to make it safer and more enjoyable. I think it is better than playing a fake football game where there are no hits (understandably so). 

    I like the skill games and I watch the highlights every year.

    @nero said:

    I understand the move to make it safer and more enjoyable. I think it is better than playing a fake football game where there are no hits (understandably so). 

    I agree, that's why this country hates soccer. ? 

    Just kidding buddy!