Hope Our Fans in Florida Stay Safe During the Hurricane
-
Longboat and Anna Maria have been evacuated. We're staying a few miles inland. Boarded up as well as possible and hoping for the best.
A pic I took out on Longboat a lil while back

For those watching from home.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
-
It's looking more likely it'll hit south of Tampa- definitely in an odd way better for the state but rough for those involved.
Everyone loses with these big hurricanes though-insurance is already a nightmare for homes and this is going to have a crazy impact.
I have relatives in the Tampa area, a lot of friends in the Ft Myers area. We hope they and everyone else here is as safe and secure as possible.
And good luck, we'll be checking in on you....and our thoughts and prayers going down that way too.
I have relatives in the Tampa area, a lot of friends in the Ft Myers area. We hope they and everyone else here is as safe and secure as possible.
And good luck, we'll be checking in on you....and our thoughts and prayers going down that way too.
Thanks-all good on the Southeast Coast. Had an absolutely brutal band with tornado warnings but fortunately no impacts close by. Send the positive vibes to our western FL friends and family for sure. Not to sound overly dramatic but this could be a life changing storm for certain parts of the state. Disney closed for two days-only the 10th and 11th time they've ever done that.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
And it's not stopping. People forget on top of these hurricanes that one high rise collapse really spooked insurance companies. I don't see any other solution that a state sponsored and backed insurance program for all Floridians (Citizens). Problem is, that will be definition of bare bones and buying additional coverage will be unaffordable for millions. Yet we're building new homes by the second...sigh.
Stay safe ya'll.
-
FL Browns, god speed to you all.
Also, plenty of land and lake front property here on the North Coast at reasonable prices.
Maybe time to come back home and start the 2nd Ohio economic and populace renaissance.
Keep us updated on your guys' status down there. ❤
-
It's already getting nasty here in Palm Beach County, and we're not going to get any serious impacts. Prayers up to you folks in the Tampa area, it's going to get really bad there. Could easily be a historic, once in a generation flooding/surge.
It's already getting nasty here in Palm Beach County, and we're not going to get any serious impacts. Prayers up to you folks in the Tampa area, it's going to get really bad there. Could easily be a historic, once in a generation flooding/surge.
Backatachya JRB! Hope you and your family stay safe!
-
Longboat and Anna Maria have been evacuated. We're staying a few miles inland. Boarded up as well as possible and hoping for the best.
A pic I took out on Longboat a lil while back

For those watching from home.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
Longboat and Anna Maria have been evacuated. We're staying a few miles inland. Boarded up as well as possible and hoping for the best.
A pic I took out on Longboat a lil while back
For those watching from home.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
Good to know you got inland. Stay safe Axe!
-
I have relatives in the Tampa area, a lot of friends in the Ft Myers area. We hope they and everyone else here is as safe and secure as possible.
And good luck, we'll be checking in on you....and our thoughts and prayers going down that way too.
Thanks-all good on the Southeast Coast. Had an absolutely brutal band with tornado warnings but fortunately no impacts close by. Send the positive vibes to our western FL friends and family for sure. Not to sound overly dramatic but this could be a life changing storm for certain parts of the state. Disney closed for two days-only the 10th and 11th time they've ever done that.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
And it's not stopping. People forget on top of these hurricanes that one high rise collapse really spooked insurance companies. I don't see any other solution that a state sponsored and backed insurance program for all Floridians (Citizens). Problem is, that will be definition of bare bones and buying additional coverage will be unaffordable for millions. Yet we're building new homes by the second...sigh.
Stay safe ya'll.
-
Longboat and Anna Maria have been evacuated. We're staying a few miles inland. Boarded up as well as possible and hoping for the best.
A pic I took out on Longboat a lil while back

For those watching from home.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
Longboat and Anna Maria have been evacuated. We're staying a few miles inland. Boarded up as well as possible and hoping for the best.
A pic I took out on Longboat a lil while back
For those watching from home.
Insurance companies have been bailing out of Florida at breakneck speed. We were cancelled in Dec after 20+ yrs. Exhausted all replacement options.
That's one neat app, thanks. I'm not surprised insurance companies are bailing out of any areas with significant hurricane threats. The major ones could be looking at billion dollar losses. Smaller companies would be wiped out. That ocean\ Gulf view is getting mighty pricey.
As tia suggested, go north old man, go north. Reason some "halfbacks" are flocking to North Carolina or Tennessee.
-
-
Actually, we're going to Tenn in Nov to look for a summer place. I don't want to be here next summer. Too damn hot.
Actually, we're going to Tenn in Nov to look for a summer place. I don't want to be here next summer. Too damn hot.
I've never done summer in Florida Axe, but the wife has. Said you can jump in a swimming pool and not cool off.
I was there in October for her cousin's wedding, and it felt like a miserable July day in Ohio.
-
-
-
-
Gentlemen, THAT was one long intense day! Tree debris and water everywhere this morning but we still have power and aside from some apparent roof damage (Haven't seen it yet) we were extremely lucky. Still have power. I've been thru countless storms but this one was different..
-
-
Zombo said:
I'm alive and well. No damage to my house, I have power. Seeing what I can do to help others.
Z
Glad you're OK Z... But before the storm hit, I opined anyone who stayed on Sanibel Island was nuts. Well, seems like Florida law says you can't be forced to evacuate, and a bunch of folks decided to stay. I swear, it's like the old joke of the guy who drowned waiting for God to provide when rescue operations were sending him boats and a helicopter. Except this time it wasn't a joke, it was real life... Those folks were warned multiple times to get the hell off of the Island, and ignored the warnings. Some are going to live to tell about their ordeal, but it's hard to feel sorry for them being that stupid.
It's even being questioned if it's wise to rebuild on a barrier island. Forget about storm insurance if you do... Yeah, I noticed.. Fort Myers Beach looks like a Ukrainian war zone.
-
Zombo said:
I'm alive and well. No damage to my house, I have power. Seeing what I can do to help others.
Z
Glad you're OK Z... But before the storm hit, I opined anyone who stayed on Sanibel Island was nuts. Well, seems like Florida law says you can't be forced to evacuate, and a bunch of folks decided to stay. I swear, it's like the old joke of the guy who drowned waiting for God to provide when rescue operations were sending him boats and a helicopter. Except this time it wasn't a joke, it was real life... Those folks were warned multiple times to get the hell off of the Island, and ignored the warnings. Some are going to live to tell about their ordeal, but it's hard to feel sorry for them being that stupid.
It's even being questioned if it's wise to rebuild on a barrier island. Forget about storm insurance if you do... Yeah, I noticed.. Fort Myers Beach looks like a Ukrainian war zone.
Glad you're OK Z... But before the storm hit, I opined anyone who stayed on Sanibel Island was nuts. Well, seems like Florida law says you can't be forced to evacuate, and a bunch of folks decided to stay. I swear, it's like the old joke of the guy who drowned waiting for God to provide when rescue operations were sending him boats and a helicopter. Except this time it wasn't a joke, it was real life... Those folks were warned multiple times to get the hell off of the Island, and ignored the warnings. Some are going to live to tell about their ordeal, but it's hard to feel sorry for them being that stupid.
It's even being questioned if it's wise to rebuild on a barrier island. Forget about storm insurance if you do... Yeah, I noticed.. Fort Myers Beach looks like a Ukrainian war zone.
The big difference one was because of a nasty, greedy person the other an act of nature.....worsened by global warming.
-
Glad you're OK Z... But before the storm hit, I opined anyone who stayed on Sanibel Island was nuts. Well, seems like Florida law says you can't be forced to evacuate, and a bunch of folks decided to stay. I swear, it's like the old joke of the guy who drowned waiting for God to provide when rescue operations were sending him boats and a helicopter. Except this time it wasn't a joke, it was real life... Those folks were warned multiple times to get the hell off of the Island, and ignored the warnings. Some are going to live to tell about their ordeal, but it's hard to feel sorry for them being that stupid.
It's even being questioned if it's wise to rebuild on a barrier island. Forget about storm insurance if you do... Yeah, I noticed.. Fort Myers Beach looks like a Ukrainian war zone.
The big difference one was because of a nasty, greedy person the other an act of nature.....worsened by global warming.
The big difference one was because of a nasty, greedy person the other an act of nature.....worsened by global warming.
I'll wax political for 1\2 a second here. Say whut? Global warming is a hoax...
Sorry for you folks in Florida.... As the oceans warm (90 degrees in the Gulf) , that's just giving more "juice" to hurricanes like Ian.
-
The big difference one was because of a nasty, greedy person the other an act of nature.....worsened by global warming.
I'll wax political for 1\2 a second here. Say whut? Global warming is a hoax...
Sorry for you folks in Florida.... As the oceans warm (90 degrees in the Gulf) , that's just giving more "juice" to hurricanes like Ian.
I'll wax political for 1\2 a second here. Say whut? Global warming is a hoax...
Sorry for you folks in Florida.... As the oceans warm (90 degrees in the Gulf) , that's just giving more "juice" to hurricanes like Ian.
Oh yes....those once in a lifetime or 100 year events now popping up a whole lot more.
I have relatives in Florida who have been there 40+ years now wondering all about that. Many friends who have sold out up north and went south in the last 30 years too wondering the same thing. Got pictures from one today from the Ft Myers area on their pool cover...I'll put it up. Never worried about it 10 years ago. Now, hmmm, they admit how lucky they were that was all it was....this time. (I think it's in my wife's FB stuff, I'll get it later.)
-
I'm safe! Although I'm in Tallahassee so we weren't in any real danger.
Definitely ready for some football!
-
I'm safe! Although I'm in Tallahassee so we weren't in any real danger.
Definitely ready for some football!
I'm safe! Although I'm in Tallahassee so we weren't in any real danger.
Definitely ready for some football!
Thatta boy! We need ya!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
