2009 season
-
Wow...with 8 minutes left in the third Qtr...Cincy has 22 first downs....against Rutgers...WOW! Pike looking like the real deal!
Wow...with 8 minutes left in the third Qtr...Cincy has 22 first downs....against Rutgers...WOW! Pike looking like the real deal!
He reminds me a lot of Matt Cassel: tall, mobile, accurate, but inexperienced.
I have a feeling that NFL teams are going to fall in love with his growth potential. But he'll need to display better poise and decisionmaking against tough defenses - that was a big problem for him last year.
-
Wow...with 8 minutes left in the third Qtr...Cincy has 22 first downs....against Rutgers...WOW! Pike looking like the real deal!
He reminds me a lot of Matt Cassel: tall, mobile, accurate, but inexperienced.
I have a feeling that NFL teams are going to fall in love with his growth potential. But he'll need to display better poise and decisionmaking against tough defenses - that was a big problem for him last year.
Aloysius said:
He reminds me a lot of Matt Cassel: tall, mobile, accurate, but inexperienced.I have a feeling that NFL teams are going to fall in love with his growth potential. But he'll need to display better poise and decisionmaking against tough defenses - that was a big problem for him last year.
Well today he made good decisions and looked very poised to me...surgical drives
-
Aloysius said:
He reminds me a lot of Matt Cassel: tall, mobile, accurate, but inexperienced.I have a feeling that NFL teams are going to fall in love with his growth potential. But he'll need to display better poise and decisionmaking against tough defenses - that was a big problem for him last year.
Well today he made good decisions and looked very poised to me...surgical drives
-
Guess you skimmed over the part where I said... Today!
Not at all. You said Pike looks like the "real deal."
Had you followed Pike at all prior to "today," you'd realize that this was not some groundbreaking personal performance on his part. He's had all-universe level performances in the past too, but they haven't come against teams with tough defenses.
-
Yeah, I really like Pike, but I need to see him pick apart a good defense. And while he played very well yesterday, that pick on the screen play was pretty bad. Those mistakes get compounded when he plays a tough D.
Here are some guys who impressed me this week:
- - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
- Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
- Eric Norwood, DE-LB, South Carolina
- Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
- Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
- Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
- Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
- David Gettis, WR, Baylor
- Ricardo Matthews, DE-DT, Cincinnati
-
Yeah, I really like Pike, but I need to see him pick apart a good defense. And while he played very well yesterday, that pick on the screen play was pretty bad. Those mistakes get compounded when he plays a tough D.
Here are some guys who impressed me this week:
- - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
- Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
- Eric Norwood, DE-LB, South Carolina
- Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
- Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
- Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
- Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
- David Gettis, WR, Baylor
- Ricardo Matthews, DE-DT, Cincinnati
Aloysius said:
Yeah, I really like Pike, but I need to see him pick apart a good defense. And while he played very well yesterday, that pick on the screen play was pretty bad. Those mistakes get compounded when he plays a tough D.Here are some guys who impressed me this week:
- - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
- Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
- Eric Norwood, DE-LB, South Carolina
- Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
- Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
- Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
- Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
- David Gettis, WR, Baylor
- Ricardo Matthews, DE-DT, Cincinnati
Boy you love your D-lineman...lol...I also love Pitta's game... he is a beast! The Buckeye's are in trouble is they don't stop the run against USC....Stefon Jonhson is a beast too!
-
Guess you skimmed over the part where I said... Today!
Not at all. You said Pike looks like the "real deal."
Had you followed Pike at all prior to "today," you'd realize that this was not some groundbreaking personal performance on his part. He's had all-universe level performances in the past too, but they haven't come against teams with tough defenses.
Not at all. You said Pike looks like the "real deal."
Had you followed Pike at all prior to "today," you'd realize that this was not some groundbreaking personal performance on his part. He's had all-universe level performances in the past too, but they haven't come against teams with tough defenses.
Again for the remedial:( Not at all. You said Pike looks like the "real deal.") TODAY!
"Well today he made good decisions and looked very poised to me...surgical drives"
The fact is he did! are you disputing what I said or just being a fkn dk! i didn't say anything about last year, or what defense's he played against....etc. this thread is about who impressed me THIS weekend! Instead of being a dk....post who impressed you!
-
Aloysius said:
Yeah, I really like Pike, but I need to see him pick apart a good defense. And while he played very well yesterday, that pick on the screen play was pretty bad. Those mistakes get compounded when he plays a tough D.Here are some guys who impressed me this week:
- - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
- Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
- Eric Norwood, DE-LB, South Carolina
- Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
- Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
- Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
- Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
- David Gettis, WR, Baylor
- Ricardo Matthews, DE-DT, Cincinnati
Boy you love your D-lineman...lol...I also love Pitta's game... he is a beast! The Buckeye's are in trouble is they don't stop the run against USC....Stefon Jonhson is a beast too!
-
Jones won't look as good in highlights because
- 1. he's constantly double-teamed
2. he isn't much of a pass-rusher
But he's a legit 3-4 DE prospect - perhaps a better version of Kenyon Coleman. I think he's a mid/late Round 1 guy.McCoy would be better off in a one gap system, where he could do his best Warren Sapp impersonation. But he could also play end in a 3-4. Not sure he's better in an odd man front than Ndamukong Suh, though; "House of Spears" is stronger and better at shedding blocks.
-
And here's Jason Worilds, another guy I mentioned above.
Worilds is #6, lines up at LE (opposite the RT).
-
I know you have Mad love for the Diline...but I tend to look at the College football season in terms of need for the Browns and their draft.
As I'd like to have a stud rusher...I have to say I think the Browns D-line is in the upper echelon in the league....and we have great depth. So my focus is on the Safety,Corner, linebackers and RB....it silly but that's how I look at it.
-
If the plan is to move Veikune inside, the Browns' most dire front seven need is at outside linebacker, not inside. And for those, you mostly look at college DE's who are athletic enough to play linebacker: guys like Worilds, Norwood, and possibly Graham.
And it's worth checking out the d-linemen, considering that the Browns' ends are either over 30 (Coleman, R. Smith) or likely to be cut (C. Williams). Mosley's the only guy with 4-5 good years left, and he's only signed through next year.
Next year's d-tackle class probably will be the best since '02, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns take one in the early rounds.
-
No way we cut williams...trade maybe...this line has a good 3 years in it as a hell of a solid unit...We need a Monster olb, I think and have forever that we need a Monster ILB....But what this team absolutely needs is two(i'll take 1) top tier safeties...I truly hope we snag Berry somehow next year...Mays is a freak but I'd rather have Berry, by far!
-
Week 1...Tony Pike 6'6" qB #15 Cincy
Parrish Cox DB Okla st. #16
Mardy Gilyard #1 Cincy wr
Cutrera #54 LB LSU
Damian Williams #18wr USC
Stafon Johnson #13 rb USC
Locher QB Washington
Parrish Cox DB Okla st. #16
Looks much better than last year, when he excelled on specials but looked a bit slow to react on D.
He has the size and speed to be a very good starting corner. Should be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year.
Another guy to watch: safety Lucien Antoine. Definitely seems like a Mangini guy - a totally self-made player with a lot of toughnness.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login