Skip to content

official game day thread BROWNS vs chargers

The Browns Board
210 27 7.4k 1
  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    We’re still a mediocre team. Can’t coach all three facets of the team to perform consistently. If someone had said we would score 20+ points/ game with Brissett most people would have had us 5-0 at this point but special teams and defense has performed terribly so far. 

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    Ekeler had 173 yards rushing on just 16 carries for an average of 10.8 yards a carry w/1 TD rushing and 1 TD receiving.  Easily his best game of the season. 

    Here's his other outings:

    Sun 10/2/22 13 carries for 60 yards and 2 TD

    Sun 9/25/22 4 carries for 5 yards 0 TD

    Th 9/16/22 14 carries for 39 yards 0 TD

    Sun 9/11/22 14 carries for 36 yards 0 TD

    Now let me hear again how the only problem today was a backup QB throwing 1 INT on a day the Browns scored 28 points...  Granted, the timing of that sucked but if this defense helped us at all today - that was a game the Browns could have won.  How many turnovers did they cause?  

    So, we had a career backup QB throw an INT late as well as a rookie place kicker that missed 2 FGs that will get most of the blame.  Having said that, has scoring points been the biggest problem?  Or, has points being scored against the Browns been the biggest problem? 

  • @syd said:

    seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

    I was you, but probably worse, up until the move. Every snap of every game. Losses not only ruined my Sunday, but lingered until Wednesday. Wins made me feel like the universe was perfect.... then came '95. They moved and my daughter was born.

    Now, I watch a game when and if I don't have an MTB ride planned, and if they win it's like "nice", and when they lose it's like, "oh well".

    I always hated how they controlled me and my outlook on life before '95 but could not help it. 95 was the best thing that ever happened to me personally, as it turned off my obsession with a sports team and focused it on my daughter.

    Flame suit on and ready for the 'I'm not a real fan' jabs. ?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I was you, but probably worse, up until the move. Every snap of every game. Losses not only ruined my Sunday, but lingered until Wednesday. Wins made me feel like the universe was perfect.... then came '95. They moved and my daughter was born.

    Now, I watch a game when and if I don't have an MTB ride planned, and if they win it's like "nice", and when they lose it's like, "oh well".

    I always hated how they controlled me and my outlook on life before '95 but could not help it. 95 was the best thing that ever happened to me personally, as it turned off my obsession with a sports team and focused it on my daughter.

    Flame suit on and ready for the 'I'm not a real fan' jabs. ?

    i mean i have gotten better i no longer flip over stuff  and stay pissed for most of the week Now i just come here and get time outs

  • Im already over the browns early this year. Ill root for them still but im not gonna get upset when theyre sucking bilge water in the basement of the division. Because...that's where they're headed quickly. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Im already over the browns early this year. Ill root for them still but im not gonna get upset when theyre sucking bilge water in the basement of the division. Because...that's where they're headed quickly. 

    I have them 6-11 in Dutch's 2022 Browns Questions thread and right now they are actually 1 game ahead of where I thought they would be, so I guess I'm am super stoked. 

  • sydS syd

    @d-bone said:

    I was you, but probably worse, up until the move. Every snap of every game. Losses not only ruined my Sunday, but lingered until Wednesday. Wins made me feel like the universe was perfect.... then came '95. They moved and my daughter was born.

    Now, I watch a game when and if I don't have an MTB ride planned, and if they win it's like "nice", and when they lose it's like, "oh well".

    I always hated how they controlled me and my outlook on life before '95 but could not help it. 95 was the best thing that ever happened to me personally, as it turned off my obsession with a sports team and focused it on my daughter.

    Flame suit on and ready for the 'I'm not a real fan' jabs. ?

    i mean i have gotten better i no longer flip over stuff  and stay pissed for most of the week Now i just come here and get time outs

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    i mean i have gotten better i no longer flip over stuff  and stay pissed for most of the week Now i just come here and get time outs

    I feel ya. 

  • @syd said:

    i mean i have gotten better i no longer flip over stuff  and stay pissed for most of the week Now i just come here and get time outs

    I feel ya. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    @d-bone said:

    I feel ya. 

    it's just that all 3 games are ones that we just give away it's getting old so fuck it,,,,,,,,,, see ya next week vs bill

  • @blitzz2 said:

    Now he wants to throw long...

    The last offensive play with :20 seconds left screamed TE screen or TE/RB shovel pass to use the middle of the field for 7-12 free yards, and still have plenty of time to spike it for a more realistic 43yd attempt....

    But what do I know? 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    THE YEAR OF EPIC LOSSES ?

    Rookie Martin Emerson jr played his as$ off.. We got beat by Eckler & Large WR's with good wingspan size... but we got them off the field with another chance by Emerson   

    @d-bone said:

    The last offensive play with :20 seconds left screamed TE screen or TE/RB shovel pass to use the middle of the field for 7-12 free yards, and still have plenty of time to spike it for a more realistic 43yd attempt....

    But what do I know? 

    Something between here^^ 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Spike on 4th down and you lose?

    That's why i didn't like taking the shot on 2nd down. 3rd down with that time its either a sideline throw or you have to pick up the first down cause if you get stopped in bounds short of the marker you have a rough time getting your kicker on the field

    And There ^^

    Needed to happen... Jacoby Brissett's worse throwing percentage comes when he targets outside the hash-marks to the sideline out patterns.. We've seen this all year..  hated the play/pattern choice here..

    @syd said:

    hey can someone else please start these gameday threads because when i do we lose

    I tried.. 10 mins before yours appeared.. no biggie

  • sydS syd

    @d-bone said:

    Watching this new breed of head coaches say 'hit me' while holding 18, and the whole while thinking they are the smartest person at the table is beyond frustrating.

    Yea, the Bolts won, but they did so in spite of their head coach and not because of him.

    Good game to watch today, which I didn't think would be the result before kick off. 

    man i was totally up for this game and really expected to win but damn that kicker

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    man i was totally up for this game and really expected to win but damn that kicker

    Even Phil Dawson was only 66% on his FGs his rookie year. It sucks, but the Browns shouldn't give up on Cade York just yet.

  • @syd said:

    man i was totally up for this game and really expected to win but damn that kicker

    Even Phil Dawson was only 66% on his FGs his rookie year. It sucks, but the Browns shouldn't give up on Cade York just yet.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Even Phil Dawson was only 66% on his FGs his rookie year. It sucks, but the Browns shouldn't give up on Cade York just yet.

    well i am still gonna cut him from my fantasy team

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    fuck it i should get some yard work done or should i just hire some mexicans

  • sydS syd

    @browns149 said:

    Glad I went and mowed. Didn’t have to watch them lose it at the end again

    This team isn’t as talented as some people think. And they get out-coached at almost every turn 

    seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

    Been rooting for this team since the  mid 70’s 

    I had season tickets from 1999 to 2018

    I would guess I have paid out somewhere near $50,000 in that time for everything from tickets, to parking, to RTA, to food, and $10 beers, and jerseys, and hats……. I’m done ruining my life by what a football team, owned by an IDIOT, ( The main reason I stopped buying tickets) does on Sunday

    They just have beaten the fandom out of me over that time. Mostly since jimma has owned them

    I will ALWAYS root for them, but I’m done caring anymore

  • @syd said:

    seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

    Been rooting for this team since the  mid 70’s 

    I had season tickets from 1999 to 2018

    I would guess I have paid out somewhere near $50,000 in that time for everything from tickets, to parking, to RTA, to food, and $10 beers, and jerseys, and hats……. I’m done ruining my life by what a football team, owned by an IDIOT, ( The main reason I stopped buying tickets) does on Sunday

    They just have beaten the fandom out of me over that time. Mostly since jimma has owned them

    I will ALWAYS root for them, but I’m done caring anymore

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    Been rooting for this team since the  mid 70’s 

    I had season tickets from 1999 to 2018

    I would guess I have paid out somewhere near $50,000 in that time for everything from tickets, to parking, to RTA, to food, and $10 beers, and jerseys, and hats……. I’m done ruining my life by what a football team, owned by an IDIOT, ( The main reason I stopped buying tickets) does on Sunday

    They just have beaten the fandom out of me over that time. Mostly since jimma has owned them

    I will ALWAYS root for them, but I’m done caring anymore

    i getcha and understand but im still gonna tune in every sunday oh your ave looks like my old dog 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    When Clowney was in, it was harder for them to run.  He's quick.  He sidesteps the OLineman and he's standing right in front of the runner.  Take Colowney out, and the OLineman blocks his replacement.  

    Our backup QB did a pretty nice job.  Of course, he wears the goat horns for that really dumb interception.  I mean, if you watched Cooper, his intended receiver, when he threw the ball...Cooper had to stop.  Cooper's defender was gonna get or knock down that pass if the guy in front just plain tripped on his shoes and fell down.   That was a 'run it' or 'throw it away' play all day long.  Not a good decision at all.  It's something Baker would've done.

  • When Clowney was in, it was harder for them to run.  He's quick.  He sidesteps the OLineman and he's standing right in front of the runner.  Take Colowney out, and the OLineman blocks his replacement.  

    Our backup QB did a pretty nice job.  Of course, he wears the goat horns for that really dumb interception.  I mean, if you watched Cooper, his intended receiver, when he threw the ball...Cooper had to stop.  Cooper's defender was gonna get or knock down that pass if the guy in front just plain tripped on his shoes and fell down.   That was a 'run it' or 'throw it away' play all day long.  Not a good decision at all.  It's something Baker would've done.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    When Clowney was in, it was harder for them to run.  He's quick.  He sidesteps the OLineman and he's standing right in front of the runner.  Take Colowney out, and the OLineman blocks his replacement.  

    Our backup QB did a pretty nice job.  Of course, he wears the goat horns for that really dumb interception.  I mean, if you watched Cooper, his intended receiver, when he threw the ball...Cooper had to stop.  Cooper's defender was gonna get or knock down that pass if the guy in front just plain tripped on his shoes and fell down.   That was a 'run it' or 'throw it away' play all day long.  Not a good decision at all.  It's something Baker would've done.

    Agree on Clowney.  And We have talent on that side of the ball.   
     

    Regarding Brissett We are 0-5 with Baker.  Baker known to beat himself would do so in Week 1 and Week 3 Steelers owned him his last year in Cleveland. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    "We live or die by the analytics"

    ...but analytics didn't tell us to run a slow developing run play on 4th and 2 feet.

    At the end of the game, when the Chargers coach tried to lose the game by using his book of analytics, we should've thrown in the middle of the field on 2nd down.  We could then spike the ball for the go ahead FG.  Instead we had 3rd down with 20 seconds left.  At that point I was thinking, "We're gonna have a hard time getting our FG unit on the field with any time on the clock if we don't get OB."

    The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    "We live or die by the analytics"

    ...but analytics didn't tell us to run a slow developing run play on 4th and 2 feet.

    At the end of the game, when the Chargers coach tried to lose the game by using his book of analytics, we should've thrown in the middle of the field on 2nd down.  We could then spike the ball for the go ahead FG.  Instead we had 3rd down with 20 seconds left.  At that point I was thinking, "We're gonna have a hard time getting our FG unit on the field with any time on the clock if we don't get OB."

    The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

    F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    ...but analytics didn't tell us to run a slow developing run play on 4th and 2 feet.

    At the end of the game, when the Chargers coach tried to lose the game by using his book of analytics, we should've thrown in the middle of the field on 2nd down.  We could then spike the ball for the go ahead FG.  Instead we had 3rd down with 20 seconds left.  At that point I was thinking, "We're gonna have a hard time getting our FG unit on the field with any time on the clock if we don't get OB."

    The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

    Staley knows the Browns always find a way to BLOW IT! That's the real "analytics".

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    tumblr_af269e9009ca906a39f41165ea62a2b3_c53fbc50_400.gif

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    "We live or die by the analytics"

    ...but analytics didn't tell us to run a slow developing run play on 4th and 2 feet.

    At the end of the game, when the Chargers coach tried to lose the game by using his book of analytics, we should've thrown in the middle of the field on 2nd down.  We could then spike the ball for the go ahead FG.  Instead we had 3rd down with 20 seconds left.  At that point I was thinking, "We're gonna have a hard time getting our FG unit on the field with any time on the clock if we don't get OB."

    The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

    But he found himself up against the ultimate dick-trippers....us. And he couldn't lose, regardless of how hard he tried. 

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Totally meaningless.

    Not totally.

    We've waited a long long time to say " Pittsburgh sucks " and for it to be true.

    There's no doubt anymore. They really do suck. Pretty bad. Thank you God!

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Stefanski said in his post game interview.......

    "We live or die by the analytics"

    Essentially, ShitMyPantski is saying that his gut, his instincts, his experience means nothing and are not used at all in the Browns playing.

    Of what fucking use is this guy? If analytics dictates what the team does, why the fuck even have a Head Coach? I mean if he is running the team off of a pre-planned sheet, and the team.is missing tackles, making penalties, and basically playing like a picnic team, what the fuck does this cocksucker actually.do with his time?

    By the way, the analytics are 2-3.

    And when he ignores his analytics he screws up. Brissett bats almost 1,000 on short quarterback sneaks, so let's let Chubb get stuffed for a loss instead. 

    BTW, I've noticed too the Browns are great at missing tackles that are resulting in long gains.