Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Ravens
-
Again Tom... He's been here 3 motherfucking years... There's been 0 improvement whatsoever!.. Yes the players bear responsibility... Joe Woods and KS bear the responsibility of motivating and getting them to execute... Neither is happening Tom... It's not like the Browns are devoid of talent... There has been Z E R O improvement or evolution of this defense... When nothing improves... You have no choice but to make a change somewhere... This Defense has the same exact problems it had 3 fucking seasons ago... They can't cover... They can't tackle... And they certainly can't communicate.. And STILL can't stop the run to save it's collective soul!...Now if you at your job had 0 production the last 3 years... Do you honestly believe you deserve to stay? I don't..
Do you ever read what people are saying before you protest it like someone who really misses his terrible two's?
I called out the FO. How long has Paul Depodesta been here? Andrew Berry? If games are won and lost in the trenches, I'm glad you think the Browns are very talented on the Interior Defensive Line and at LBer. The 3 seasons ago you bellyache about - the Browns were 11-5 and they forced turnovers and created short fields for the offense. That's a STAT believe it or not. In the 1st round of the playoffs, they forced 5 turnovers inclusive of intercepting Roethlisberger 4 times. Name me 1 other Cleveland DC that has beaten Pittsburgh AT PITTSBURGH in the post season especially like that. Part of the difference? The FO went after a DT (Sheldon Richardson) that could make an impact and provide some veteran leadership - 2 things the Browns are really lacking on the IDL this year. This really impacts our undersized LBers. Right after the very short term success, they Money-balled Richardson because he was a DT and cut his ass.
On top of the collection of pawns playing IDL, it sure seems like the edge rushers Myles Garrett and Jed Clowney haven't been healthy since week 1or 2. There's the story of our front 7; and I'm sticking to it. All that impacts the performance in the secondary. IMO, the FO overrated both Safeties.
Last year? The Defense kept this team in way more games than the offense did. That was part of the reason people had expectations for the defense this year. Of course I'll agree Woods is disappointing; but that's a symptom of bigger things going wrong. The Coordinator is playing chess with pawns. Try playing chess with only pawns and a King and let your opponent use all his pieces. When the match is over - tell us why you lost.
You've been telling us since 1999 all we gotta do is fire the coach; and that's all this franchise has done. YES, I think it's time someone in the FO goes bye bye, while you want to keep pretending this defense is loaded with talent for some reason. When you watch games, ask yourself why someone ran the ball 14 straight times on this defense for 174 yards. It's because the gimme was too generous to pass up. The very next week Austin Ekeler averaged 10.8 yards per carry for his season best rushing performance on the same front 7. I wish the ONLY problem was the DC; but I think the shit starts at the top and trickles down. I just explained why.
Last but not least, if they can't tackle - WHO brought them here? Good organizations don't draft guys their coaching staffs will have to perform miracles on. Remember how many of us complained about Schwartz? And why? He's a WR that can't catch whom this FO wasted a 3rd round draft pick on. Even worse, he can't even return punts or kickoffs with that speed he was drafted to use. Do I blame the Coordinator or the knucklehead that wasted a draft pick on him? Are we cutting any of these guys that Berry drafted that aren't worth a crap? Blame the Coordinators?
-
Whelp, this game is over.
-
Do you ever read what people are saying before you protest it like someone who really misses his terrible two's?
I called out the FO. How long has Paul Depodesta been here? Andrew Berry? If games are won and lost in the trenches, I'm glad you think the Browns are very talented on the Interior Defensive Line and at LBer. The 3 seasons ago you bellyache about - the Browns were 11-5 and they forced turnovers and created short fields for the offense. That's a STAT believe it or not. In the 1st round of the playoffs, they forced 5 turnovers inclusive of intercepting Roethlisberger 4 times. Name me 1 other Cleveland DC that has beaten Pittsburgh AT PITTSBURGH in the post season especially like that. Part of the difference? The FO went after a DT (Sheldon Richardson) that could make an impact and provide some veteran leadership - 2 things the Browns are really lacking on the IDL this year. This really impacts our undersized LBers. Right after the very short term success, they Money-balled Richardson because he was a DT and cut his ass.
On top of the collection of pawns playing IDL, it sure seems like the edge rushers Myles Garrett and Jed Clowney haven't been healthy since week 1or 2. There's the story of our front 7; and I'm sticking to it. All that impacts the performance in the secondary. IMO, the FO overrated both Safeties.
Last year? The Defense kept this team in way more games than the offense did. That was part of the reason people had expectations for the defense this year. Of course I'll agree Woods is disappointing; but that's a symptom of bigger things going wrong. The Coordinator is playing chess with pawns. Try playing chess with only pawns and a King and let your opponent use all his pieces. When the match is over - tell us why you lost.
You've been telling us since 1999 all we gotta do is fire the coach; and that's all this franchise has done. YES, I think it's time someone in the FO goes bye bye, while you want to keep pretending this defense is loaded with talent for some reason. When you watch games, ask yourself why someone ran the ball 14 straight times on this defense for 174 yards. It's because the gimme was too generous to pass up. The very next week Austin Ekeler averaged 10.8 yards per carry for his season best rushing performance on the same front 7. I wish the ONLY problem was the DC; but I think the shit starts at the top and trickles down. I just explained why.
Last but not least, if they can't tackle - WHO brought them here? Good organizations don't draft guys their coaching staffs will have to perform miracles on. Remember how many of us complained about Schwartz? And why? He's a WR that can't catch whom this FO wasted a 3rd round draft pick on. Even worse, he can't even return punts or kickoffs with that speed he was drafted to use. Do I blame the Coordinator or the knucklehead that wasted a draft pick on him? Are we cutting any of these guys that Berry drafted that aren't worth a crap? Blame the Coordinators?
Tom... Bottom line...... They still S U C K!...
Tom... Bottom line...... They still S U C K!...
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
-
This is absolutely hilarious. LMFAO
-
Tom... Bottom line...... They still S U C K!...
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
Keep slingin shit till it sticks... What these assholes are doing isn't working Tom... But keep emplying them... I mean its 2 and a half years in and they still blow... But lets stick with'em LOL
-
WE SUCK
-
WE SUCK
WE SUCK
Poorly coached...
-
What a sad team. Coaching sucks
-
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
Keep slingin shit till it sticks... What these assholes are doing isn't working Tom... But keep emplying them... I mean its 2 and a half years in and they still blow... But lets stick with'em LOL
Keep slingin shit till it sticks... What these assholes are doing isn't working Tom... But keep emplying them... I mean its 2 and a half years in and they still blow... But lets stick with'em LOL
I share your frustration. Now I'll tell you where we differ.
You're trusting that THIS ORGANIZATION can hire an upgrade after they fire another coach. I'm not trusting that THIS ORGANIZATION can hire an upgrade after they fire another coach - or it would have happened by now since 1999. It's 2022 and Owner is still rinsing and repeating the same mistakes; so NO I don't trust their hiring criteria any more...
-
Tom... Bottom line...... They still S U C K!...
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
he will never figure it out he is just a pathetic self hating person
-
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
he will never figure it out he is just a pathetic self hating person
he will never figure it out he is just a pathetic self hating person
Thanks Syd! We're all just frustrated. Believe it or not, Nickers used to be positive until his favorite team started beating the tar out of him a lot more consistently on Sundays.
Right now we look like a team with a backup QB that has no margin of error; and people aren't wrong to be frustrated with the defense. That said, I thought they played hard today; and I'm usually really critical of them. I GET the frustration with Woods; but some people think he's the only problem (and firing him means winning is easy just like it was supposed to be with any other QB beside Baker). After throwing record setting 27 TD passes as a rookie with only 13 starts, it ain't like he got better. 2 Head Coaches and and Interim Head Coach got fired before Stefanski dragged his ass to the playoffs with lesser stats. Having said that, 26 TD passes to just 8 INTs didn't didn't keep this team from making the playoffs and winning 1 post season game scoring 48 points. This was as recently as January of 2021. The next week, we were an official pretending not to see a KC Chief defender leading with the crown of his helmet to the head of Higgins who fumbled the game winning TD through the end zone for a touchback.
I'd like our FO from Harvard (both Berry and Depodesta) to start making better choices on their defensive personnel. Until I see that, it doesn't matter who the DC is. If people don't agree with me that's fine.
-
he will never figure it out he is just a pathetic self hating person
Thanks Syd! We're all just frustrated. Believe it or not, Nickers used to be positive until his favorite team started beating the tar out of him a lot more consistently on Sundays.
Right now we look like a team with a backup QB that has no margin of error; and people aren't wrong to be frustrated with the defense. That said, I thought they played hard today; and I'm usually really critical of them. I GET the frustration with Woods; but some people think he's the only problem (and firing him means winning is easy just like it was supposed to be with any other QB beside Baker). After throwing record setting 27 TD passes as a rookie with only 13 starts, it ain't like he got better. 2 Head Coaches and and Interim Head Coach got fired before Stefanski dragged his ass to the playoffs with lesser stats. Having said that, 26 TD passes to just 8 INTs didn't didn't keep this team from making the playoffs and winning 1 post season game scoring 48 points. This was as recently as January of 2021. The next week, we were an official pretending not to see a KC Chief defender leading with the crown of his helmet to the head of Higgins who fumbled the game winning TD through the end zone for a touchback.
I'd like our FO from Harvard (both Berry and Depodesta) to start making better choices on their defensive personnel. Until I see that, it doesn't matter who the DC is. If people don't agree with me that's fine.
Thanks Syd! We're all just frustrated. Believe it or not, Nickers used to be positive until his favorite team started beating the tar out of him a lot more consistently on Sundays.
Right now we look like a team with a backup QB that has no margin of error; and people aren't wrong to be frustrated with the defense. That said, I thought they played hard today; and I'm usually really critical of them. I GET the frustration with Woods; but some people think he's the only problem (and firing him means winning is easy just like it was supposed to be with any other QB beside Baker). After throwing record setting 27 TD passes as a rookie with only 13 starts, it ain't like he got better. 2 Head Coaches and and Interim Head Coach got fired before Stefanski dragged his ass to the playoffs with lesser stats. Having said that, 26 TD passes to just 8 INTs didn't didn't keep this team from making the playoffs and winning 1 post season game scoring 48 points. This was as recently as January of 2021. The next week, we were an official pretending not to see a KC Chief defender leading with the crown of his helmet to the head of Higgins who fumbled the game winning TD through the end zone for a touchback.
I'd like our FO from Harvard (both Berry and Depodesta) to start making better choices on their defensive personnel. Until I see that, it doesn't matter who the DC is. If people don't agree with me that's fine.
but seriously chubb only 16 carries the ravens 44 we held jackson in check today and was yet another game we should have won
-
One of Stef's big things has been loyalty. However, his loyalty to Woods now affects perception of him ... because Woods is a smoking crater of incompetence, and if Stef defends him then it's on Stef to not see that the trigger needs to be pulled.
It's certainly not "only" FO -- because in no way does FO ever make decisions in a vacuum -- but anyone in leadership who doesn't see that their lack of talent&$$ into DI affects the entirety of the D much more than they had originally planned does need to go.
Some positivity in the post: Martin Emerson - it's higher than you thought it would be
-
One of Stef's big things has been loyalty. However, his loyalty to Woods now affects perception of him ... because Woods is a smoking crater of incompetence, and if Stef defends him then it's on Stef to not see that the trigger needs to be pulled.
It's certainly not "only" FO -- because in no way does FO ever make decisions in a vacuum -- but anyone in leadership who doesn't see that their lack of talent&$$ into DI affects the entirety of the D much more than they had originally planned does need to go.
Some positivity in the post: Martin Emerson - it's higher than you thought it would be
One of Stef's big things has been loyalty. However, his loyalty to Woods now affects perception of him ... because Woods is a smoking crater of incompetence, and if Stef defends him then it's on Stef to not see that the trigger needs to be pulled
what were how ? did you come up with that ? honestly today are D held jackson in check it is yet again play calling on offense which should have been turned over to van pelt
-
And you want to keep firing coaches because they still SUCK. Are you understanding at all what you're protesting. If firing coaches every 2-3 years was all we needed to do - don't you think they should have got 1 right by now? I mean it is 2022 and we've been at this just fire the coach stuff since 1999... Do you need 10 more years of rinse and repeat before you finally figure it out? Have fun with that...
he will never figure it out he is just a pathetic self hating person
-
Selh hating?... O' contrare!.. Keep drinking goofy... What I hate are these asshole , Idiot coaches we keep hiring ...
That last thing I bolded above says you agree with me. "We keep hiring" is exactly what concerns me. The people doing the hiring are the ones failing so to get excited about them firing their previous bad choice so they can hurry up and hire the same thing means they never have to be accountable. They want us ALL thinking the only thing wrong with team today is the DC way too close to them wanting us to think the winning starts as soon as we get rid of Baker. This owner just doesn't suck - he swallows! I'm going to hold him accountable. That doesn't mean Woods isn't a concern - I'm just sick of this owner cashing in on the shared revenue of the TV Contracts.
There's no way a smart guy liker Sean Payton would ever want throw away all that he did for New Orleans for a guy like Halsam. This is where we're at.
-
Selh hating?... O' contrare!.. Keep drinking goofy... What I hate are these asshole , Idiot coaches we keep hiring ...
That last thing I bolded above says you agree with me. "We keep hiring" is exactly what concerns me. The people doing the hiring are the ones failing so to get excited about them firing their previous bad choice so they can hurry up and hire the same thing means they never have to be accountable. They want us ALL thinking the only thing wrong with team today is the DC way too close to them wanting us to think the winning starts as soon as we get rid of Baker. This owner just doesn't suck - he swallows! I'm going to hold him accountable. That doesn't mean Woods isn't a concern - I'm just sick of this owner cashing in on the shared revenue of the TV Contracts.
There's no way a smart guy liker Sean Payton would ever want throw away all that he did for New Orleans for a guy like Halsam. This is where we're at.
-
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
Tiamat, I admire your passion and insight, but you don't have to defend yourself. Not to my pal Nick, or anyone else.
However, one suggestion, constructively intended; if we have to tell someone of our stature, then we really don't have stature.
We only have stature when others say so.
Carry on.
Ps - I find that my football bets have equal failure stats whether I do an analysis, or bet the game based on which direction my schlong is pointing.
Point taken.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login