Skip to content

How are Davis and Harrison in pass protection?

The Browns Board
6 6 926
  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #1

    They're both threats when they have the ball, but what about the not so glamorous part of being a running back? It's something I really haven't noticed except in the 2nd preseason game when (I think it was) Davis got blown up by a blitzing linebacker.

  • D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I believe that has been the rap on Harrison, he couldn't pick up the blitz...

    I remember reading somewhere during the spring voluntary practices that Harrison had worked on that part of his game... Unfortunatly we didn't get to see anything in the preseason due to his injuries....

    I believe Davis is not accomplished at that task either except he did progress during the preseason games... He's a quick learner with a motor so I assume he will get that part of his game together quickly....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • ? Metcalf_FTW wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Yet another reason why this team needs Jamal Lewis. He may not be flashy, but he will help these younger guys grow, especially JD.

  • F Fooleeze wrote on last edited by
    #4

    In the practices and games I saw this preseason, Harrison has definately worked on his blitz-pickups and gotten better. James Davis, on the other hand, was TERRIBLE at picking up blitzers. He's got a LONG way to go.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Harrison and davis lack the size to be much more than chip blockers and harrison couldnt block anyone last year and davis seems to struggle in this area as well thats what big backs like lewis and vickers are for but if harrison/davis could become effective blockers it would expand our horizons greatly on O...😉

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #6

    davis can't pass block and i'm guessing that is what made him fall to the 6th round. the average speed that davis has people can look past, but the inability to pick up a blitzing linebacker is too much for some guys to overcome. i hope he is not one of those guys.