Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Mask updates

Mask updates

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
13 Posts 10 Posters 765 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I post this every once in awhile. My personal opinion is that while I think the vaccinations can be helpful I think masks are becoming more and more symbolic. And while I respect the fact that others have different caution levels than me just curious:

    Any of you guys voluntarily wear a mask in public? Anybody still forced to wear one at work?

    The only time I put one on is if I'm forced to in a medical facility.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    Canton DawgC hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      I post this every once in awhile. My personal opinion is that while I think the vaccinations can be helpful I think masks are becoming more and more symbolic. And while I respect the fact that others have different caution levels than me just curious:

      Any of you guys voluntarily wear a mask in public? Anybody still forced to wear one at work?

      The only time I put one on is if I'm forced to in a medical facility.

      WSS

      Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 12k Posts
      • 7k Reputation
      Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      Any of you guys voluntarily wear a mask in public? Anybody still forced to wear one at work?

      The only time I put one on is if I'm forced to in a medical facility.

      WSS

      Nope, I think the overly cautious and MSM lap dogs are the only ones I see wearing masks while mowing their lawn and walking the dogs.

      The only time I wear one is when I’m mandated in a hospital or doctors office.

      On a side note, when I take one of my animals to the vet he forces everyone to wear a mask….except he doesn’t.

      Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
        • 4k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I miss the good ole days where two fat women would fight over the last shit paper at Giant Eagle.

        1 Reply Last reply
        😂
        Quote Reply
        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 15k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
          #4

          Masks are a no for me. I spent 8 days in ICU in the summer of 2021 and they didnt make me wear one on that entire stint in the hospital so why should i wear one going into home depot?

          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
            #5

            A properly fitted N95 is the only mask that really had any effectiveness.

            I really wish people would show some common sense on the whole scamdemic landscape.

            guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
            nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W Westside Steve

              I post this every once in awhile. My personal opinion is that while I think the vaccinations can be helpful I think masks are becoming more and more symbolic. And while I respect the fact that others have different caution levels than me just curious:

              Any of you guys voluntarily wear a mask in public? Anybody still forced to wear one at work?

              The only time I put one on is if I'm forced to in a medical facility.

              WSS

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @westside-steve said:

              I post this every once in awhile. My personal opinion is that while I think the vaccinations can be helpful I think masks are becoming more and more symbolic. And while I respect the fact that others have different caution levels than me just curious:

              Any of you guys voluntarily wear a mask in public? Anybody still forced to wear one at work?

              The only time I put one on is if I'm forced to in a medical facility.

              WSS

              Regarding your bold  Steve- ditto. I did put one on (N95) in church yesterday, but not because of covid, I have a nasty chest cold.  

              My current thinking on covid... You still want to wear a mask? Unless you have an immune disorder, you're wasting your time. Just perused the John Hopkins website. and here's what I noticed.... Almost 80% of Americans have gotten at least one shot, and I'm willing to bet the other 20% have probably been exposed, and gotten an asymptomatic case. . Covid deaths- not surprisingly- have flattened out. About 80,000 since April. That's getting down to the annual level of automobile or flu deaths. Cancer and heart problem deaths (each) kill at least six times more Americans, but that's not newsworthy.  ? We can use the 100% vaccinated NFL as a template... I don't recall anyone coming down with a case, at least recently.  

              So, MHO is it's about time for the CDC to stop bringing up the covid boogeyman to the paranoid segment of the population. It's endemic, and just like the flu, it's never going to go away completely. Finally, I'm a little surprised that even having raked in $32 billion on it's Covid vaccine Pfizers stock really hasn't gone up all that much.  

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                F FY56 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I thought this thread was gonna have something to do with the latest and greatest in Halloween masks.

                Incidentally, my grandkid is going out trick or treating as a mask wearer. Cost his parents nothing.

                1 Reply Last reply
                😂
                Quote Reply
                • hammertimeH hammertime

                  A properly fitted N95 is the only mask that really had any effectiveness.

                  I really wish people would show some common sense on the whole scamdemic landscape.

                  nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                  • 14k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
                  #8

                  @hammertime said:

                  A properly fitted N95 is the only mask that really had any effectiveness.

                  I really wish people would show some common sense on the whole scamdemic landscape.

                  A properly fitted N95 mask doesn't do squat dude... I used to install insulation... They do ABOSLUTELY FUCKING NOTHIG!!! I have worn them quite a lot in the home remodeling business...  You can still smell food cooking and cologne wearing one... It's not working at all... Pseudo Bullshit to the core...

                  Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                  hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • nickersN nickers

                    @hammertime said:

                    A properly fitted N95 is the only mask that really had any effectiveness.

                    I really wish people would show some common sense on the whole scamdemic landscape.

                    A properly fitted N95 mask doesn't do squat dude... I used to install insulation... They do ABOSLUTELY FUCKING NOTHIG!!! I have worn them quite a lot in the home remodeling business...  You can still smell food cooking and cologne wearing one... It's not working at all... Pseudo Bullshit to the core...

                    hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @nickers said:

                    A properly fitted N95 mask doesn't do squat dude... I used to install insulation... They do ABOSLUTELY FUCKING NOTHIG!!! I have worn them quite a lot in the home remodeling business...  You can still smell food cooking and cologne wearing one... It's not working at all... Pseudo Bullshit to the core...

                    I’ve been in the trades over 30 years.  Note I said that the N95 is the only mask that has ANY worth.

                    it is an actual respirator when properly fitted and truthfully one should be trained to use it correctly.  It’s a one time use mask.  It’s not going to stop you from getting the flu.  It could reduce your chances but it’s so stupid to think that it’s the only way your gonna not get sick.

                    common sense is far

                    better.

                    guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                    F 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      im with Hammer on the scamdemic side of this COLLOSAL waste of time & resources  

                      when the asian continent were dealing with SARS years ago, 

                      mask wearing was clearly used as what?

                      a means to protect the healthy from the sick...

                       simply if you were sick, You wore the mask.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by FairHooker11
                        #11

                        let alone china and their air pollution.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • hammertimeH hammertime

                          @nickers said:

                          A properly fitted N95 mask doesn't do squat dude... I used to install insulation... They do ABOSLUTELY FUCKING NOTHIG!!! I have worn them quite a lot in the home remodeling business...  You can still smell food cooking and cologne wearing one... It's not working at all... Pseudo Bullshit to the core...

                          I’ve been in the trades over 30 years.  Note I said that the N95 is the only mask that has ANY worth.

                          it is an actual respirator when properly fitted and truthfully one should be trained to use it correctly.  It’s a one time use mask.  It’s not going to stop you from getting the flu.  It could reduce your chances but it’s so stupid to think that it’s the only way your gonna not get sick.

                          common sense is far

                          better.

                          FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @hammertime said:

                          I’ve been in the trades over 30 years.  Note I said that the N95 is the only mask that has ANY worth.

                          it is an actual respirator when properly fitted and truthfully one should be trained to use it correctly.  It’s a one time use mask.  It’s not going to stop you from getting the flu.  It could reduce your chances but it’s so stupid to think that it’s the only way your gonna not get sick.

                          common sense is far

                          better.

                          at the onset of this waste of time - i had a paint mask sitting around and I decided to get it back into shape for this "scary" ordeal...

                          its cleaned up and has new filters ready to go but I never used it for this ridiculous event.  

                          Its stuffed away in plastic ready for probably the next election year scamdemic event? 

                          like the andromeda strain ... 

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 10k Posts
                            • 8k Reputation
                            AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I live in Fla. We have a sane Governor.. Masks have been a non issue for a long time now. Wear if you want, otherwise just carry on with life..

                            Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate