Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Bengals

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Bengals

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
25 Posts 10 Posters 1.0k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #1

    image.png.1e7f6954b2e6b682892b443aee9eba60.png

    The Bengals bring their high powered passing attack to our 14th ranked pass D.  But WE know that our pass D is not playing up to that ranking.  It's a blessing that our totally sucky run D is playing the 26th ranked run offense....although we made the lowest ranked rushing team in the league look like a powerhouse.  

    We have to take advantage of their so-so run D.  The problem is that they're quite good against the pass, so they'll feel that they can load up more against the run and still be effective enough against our weak passing attack.  Stef tries to establish 'some sort' of passing game so as to free up the LOS a bit for Chubb to take advantage of his elite running abilities.  But with Njoku being out I'm not sure we have the receiving weapons to do so.  We're going to have to run it effectively whether they know we want to run or not.  We cannot let the game turn into a shoot-out.  We've only got a musket.  We need time consuming drives culminating in TD's.....FG's at the minimum.  No leaving points on the table because we want to 'analytic' a 4th down into a TD. 

    We've gotta create some sacks.  The Bengals have given up a lot of 'em.  (Of course we gave up a bunch last week)   If we give Burrow the time in the pocket to beat us, he will.

    It's starting to get ugly behind closed doors.....we've got to stop the losing streak here and now (Monday).  Not that I think the Browns will win...but they HAVE to.

    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 7k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      sydS syd wrote on last edited by
      #2

      just bought my sons dog a Browns shirt it will be here before the game the fix is in bitchs 

      OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
      😂
      Quote Reply
      • Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 3k Posts
        • 924 Reputation
        KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
        #3

        4 inches limp

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • sydS syd

          just bought my sons dog a Browns shirt it will be here before the game the fix is in bitchs 

          Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @syd said:

          just bought my sons dog a Browns shirt

          What kind of dog?  I've got a Boston Terrier.  A BIG Boston.  34 lbs.  Not overweight or anything...just tall and long.  

          BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
          sydS 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • OrionO Orion

            @syd said:

            just bought my sons dog a Browns shirt

            What kind of dog?  I've got a Boston Terrier.  A BIG Boston.  34 lbs.  Not overweight or anything...just tall and long.  

            syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 7k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            sydS syd wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @orion said:

            What kind of dog?  I've got a Boston Terrier.  A BIG Boston.  34 lbs.  Not overweight or anything...just tall and long.  

            a kelpie he is a fun dog to have around my dog died last year next week

            OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • sydS syd

              @orion said:

              What kind of dog?  I've got a Boston Terrier.  A BIG Boston.  34 lbs.  Not overweight or anything...just tall and long.  

              a kelpie he is a fun dog to have around my dog died last year next week

              Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @syd said:

              kelpie

              I wasn't familiar with that breed.  German Shepard lookin' dogs.  Big ears.  🙂  My Boston has those ears...except not as BIG.  🙂

              BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
              sydS 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • OrionO Orion

                @syd said:

                kelpie

                I wasn't familiar with that breed.  German Shepard lookin' dogs.  Big ears.  🙂  My Boston has those ears...except not as BIG.  🙂

                syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 7k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @orion said:

                I wasn't familiar with that breed.  German Shepard lookin' dogs.  Big ears.  🙂  My Boston has those ears...except not as BIG.  🙂

                well get your ass on amazon and get one and we can double down ,dogs rule vette 

                OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • sydS syd

                  @orion said:

                  I wasn't familiar with that breed.  German Shepard lookin' dogs.  Big ears.  🙂  My Boston has those ears...except not as BIG.  🙂

                  well get your ass on amazon and get one and we can double down ,dogs rule vette 

                  Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @syd said:

                  dogs rule

                  Damn straight!  I love dogs.  But I've got one.  You get YOUR ass on Amazon and get one.  Your year mourning period is over.  (sorry about your loss by the way.  I still miss my little Dachshund)   To tie this in to the Browns, I loved the half time wiener dog races.  lol 

                  BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 7k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

                    My buds

                    20221024_150804.jpg

                    cool

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

                      Regarding the game. In days gone by, this Ohio rivalry was a war in which the stats and standings went out the window. Do you still  think that applies? Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?

                      being that it is a division game  and you would also think they would feed off the energy of the crowd so ya im sure they do

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 9k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

                        Regarding the game. In days gone by, this Ohio rivalry was a war in which the stats and standings went out the window. Do you still  think that applies? Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?

                        stats -  Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?   More-so than days gone by.

                        this Ohio rivalry - Does.this generation of players even care about this kind of thing?  Faaar less than days gone by.

                        - two handsome dogs.  ...and a Gretsch & Fender?

                        BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          images.jpg.546619bae2d0ff0f1667976e7301f970.jpg 

                           download.jpg.c70d25da5f734d9f0bcd1db6d4d2d0e5.jpg  It's Batman's night...

                           images.jpg.0cc2c21d2b7d1bef6345c31c63c0396b.jpg with the season on the line

                          download.jpg.1d46be39d9fb9e0b0cc70b73313b9a7f.jpg   ?

                          Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          😂
                          Quote Reply
                          • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 5k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I’ll take Manny Diaz Jyaire Brown and Penn States dudes upfront Monday night 

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                              • 18k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

                              My buds

                              20221024_150804.jpg

                              Dogs can be just amazing in so many ways.   And unbelievably smart at times.

                              GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
                                #15

                                @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

                                Indonesian craftsmanship which is among the best.

                                I recently bought a Guild Aristocrat, made in China (I'm embarrassed to say)...but the guitar is nice.  The action is right on the deck.  Fretwork is nice and smooth (but the frets at the very high end of the neck are a bit discolored if you look real close).  And the three position switch doesn't always work when selecting the bridge pickup.  But the Franz P90 pickups sound great (which is why I bought it because I didn't have a P90 guitar).  The Aristocrat M-75 is the more expensive one made in Indonesia.  It's a hollow body with no f-holes.  The one I got is a chambered solid body.  I like it a lot.  It plays so well.  It's what I bring to rehearsals now.  (and I got it brand new for 655.00).  But, of course, I've gotta change that Chinese 3-way switch.  

                                Aristocrat.png

                                BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                                nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 3k Reputation
                                  F FY56 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  As in the Thanksgiving Day tradition featuring Detroit, a Browns Bengals game should be played every Halloween.

                                  The Bengals black and orange are the colors of Halloween. The Browns orange and brown colors represent the fall season and even more symbolic are those pumpkin head helmets.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • OrionO Orion

                                    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

                                    Indonesian craftsmanship which is among the best.

                                    I recently bought a Guild Aristocrat, made in China (I'm embarrassed to say)...but the guitar is nice.  The action is right on the deck.  Fretwork is nice and smooth (but the frets at the very high end of the neck are a bit discolored if you look real close).  And the three position switch doesn't always work when selecting the bridge pickup.  But the Franz P90 pickups sound great (which is why I bought it because I didn't have a P90 guitar).  The Aristocrat M-75 is the more expensive one made in Indonesia.  It's a hollow body with no f-holes.  The one I got is a chambered solid body.  I like it a lot.  It plays so well.  It's what I bring to rehearsals now.  (and I got it brand new for 655.00).  But, of course, I've gotta change that Chinese 3-way switch.  

                                    Aristocrat.png

                                    nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 14k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
                                    #17

                                    @orion said:

                                    I recently bought a Guild Aristocrat, made in China (I'm embarrassed to say)...but the guitar is nice.  The action is right on the deck.  Fretwork is nice and smooth (but the frets at the very high end of the neck are a bit discolored if you look real close).  And the three position switch doesn't always work when selecting the bridge pickup.  But the Franz P90 pickups sound great (which is why I bought it because I didn't have a P90 guitar).  The Aristocrat M-75 is the more expensive one made in Indonesia.  It's a hollow body with no f-holes.  The one I got is a chambered solid body.  I like it a lot.  It plays so well.  It's what I bring to rehearsals now.  (and I got it brand new for 655.00).  But, of course, I've gotta change that Chinese 3-way switch.  

                                    Aristocrat.png

                                    Absolutely effin gorgeous , dude!.. I'm a huge P-90 fan

                                    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                    OrionO sydS 2 Replies Last reply
                                    ❤
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • nickersN nickers

                                      @orion said:

                                      I recently bought a Guild Aristocrat, made in China (I'm embarrassed to say)...but the guitar is nice.  The action is right on the deck.  Fretwork is nice and smooth (but the frets at the very high end of the neck are a bit discolored if you look real close).  And the three position switch doesn't always work when selecting the bridge pickup.  But the Franz P90 pickups sound great (which is why I bought it because I didn't have a P90 guitar).  The Aristocrat M-75 is the more expensive one made in Indonesia.  It's a hollow body with no f-holes.  The one I got is a chambered solid body.  I like it a lot.  It plays so well.  It's what I bring to rehearsals now.  (and I got it brand new for 655.00).  But, of course, I've gotta change that Chinese 3-way switch.  

                                      Aristocrat.png

                                      Absolutely effin gorgeous , dude!.. I'm a huge P-90 fan

                                      Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @nickers said:

                                      I'm a huge P-90 fan

                                      Now, I am too!  

                                      BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 15k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
                                        #19

                                        It's weird... on one hand, if the Browns lose Monday night vs the Bengals, the season is pretty much over.

                                        On the other hand, if they win, you can look at the upcoming schedule and realistically see a path to the Browns getting to .500 by the time Watson comes back vs the Texans. 

                                        Now, please carry on with guitar talk.... ?

                                        FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                                        😂
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                          It's weird... on one hand, if the Browns lose Monday night vs the Bengals, the season is pretty much over.

                                          On the other hand, if they win, you can look at the upcoming schedule and realistically see a path to the Browns getting to .500 by the time Watson comes back vs the Texans. 

                                          Now, please carry on with guitar talk.... ?

                                          Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 11k Posts
                                          • 6k Reputation
                                          FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @dutch-oven said:

                                          It's weird... on one hand, if the Browns lose Monday night vs the Bengals, the season is pretty much over.

                                          On the other hand, if they win, you can look at the upcoming schedule and realistically see a path to the Browns getting to .500 by the time Watson comes back vs the Texans. 

                                          Now, please carry on with guitar talk.... ?

                                          I'll bet there's at least 1 or 2 Cincinnati smiles that will sound like a harmonica in the stands Monday Night.  Let's hope that's real short lived from those fellers...

                                          I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                          Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate