Skip to content

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
481 19 32.3k 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #92

    This  is what is going to determine what the 2023 Cleveland BROWNS are going to look like (subject to trades and trade ups :

    First Round  (0)

    Second Round (1) -   Pick #43

    Third Round (1) -  Compensatory pick between  picks 97 and 102

    Fourth Round (2) -   Pick #111   Pick #131 - From Minnesota

    Fifth Round (2) -   Pick #141 - From Los Angeles Rams,   Pick #143

    Sixth Round  (1) -  Pick #189

    Seventh Round (1) - Pick #231

  • @ballpeen said:

    Possibly so, but TE might be last on the list of needs.  If we had the guns, I could see us not playing with a TE for a good portion of plays.

    Harrison Bryant is on his last season of his rookie contract, and his future with the Browns is questionable after next season. 

    Which would pretty much leave Njoku as the only TE on the roster at that point I'm not saying they are going to take a TE with their top pick, but it should be considered somewhere in the eight picks they have.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @dutch-oven said:

    Harrison Bryant is on his last season of his rookie contract, and his future with the Browns is questionable after next season. 

    Which would pretty much leave Njoku as the only TE on the roster at that point I'm not saying they are going to take a TE with their top pick, but it should be considered somewhere in the eight picks they have.

    Thanks for the clarification.  

    First, as for Bryant, he is good enough for now. And who knows, maybe we extent him, but I doubt it.    Berry does work ahead in drafts, so we might draft one.

    I just see TE being a weapon to use, but i think we will just look towards free agents or undrafted guys.  I don't see us keeping many TE's moving forward.  I see it a rare occasion we will ever play two of them at the same time.  

    Look at last year, when we wanted "blocking", we had already dumped the blocking TE's and we just had a tackle report as eligible.

    I think people don't understand that the O is going to morph....or at least it better do so to accomodate Watson.  We aren't going to use multiple TE sets IMO and TE is going to be a position of low importance as we move forward.  I don't see any real push to draft a TE until we are a year away from Njoku's final year.

  • This  is what is going to determine what the 2023 Cleveland BROWNS are going to look like (subject to trades and trade ups :

    First Round  (0)

    Second Round (1) -   Pick #43

    Third Round (1) -  Compensatory pick between  picks 97 and 102

    Fourth Round (2) -   Pick #111   Pick #131 - From Minnesota

    Fifth Round (2) -   Pick #141 - From Los Angeles Rams,   Pick #143

    Sixth Round  (1) -  Pick #189

    Seventh Round (1) - Pick #231

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #94

    @mjp28 said:

    This  is what is going to determine what the 2023 Cleveland BROWNS are going to look like (subject to trades and trade ups :

    First Round  (0)

    Second Round (1) -   Pick #43

    Third Round (1) -  Compensatory pick between  picks 97 and 102

    Fourth Round (2) -   Pick #111   Pick #131 - From Minnesota

    Fifth Round (2) -   Pick #141 - From Los Angeles Rams,   Pick #143

    Sixth Round  (1) -  Pick #189

    Seventh Round (1) - Pick #231

    No doubt a important draft.  In the world of high priced QB's, a world in which he haven't been, we have to make the picks count.  Somewhere in those 8 picks we have to pluck 2 starting type players and probably at least 1 solid contributor.  It will be harder this year because a 1st rounder is almost always going to be at minimum a solid contributor.  You have to have some of those rookie contracts on your team to keep inside the cap, and when i say that i mean they have to be decent and not kept simply because you have to keep them around.

    It can be done.  Rounds 2-5 are still good rounds for many positions.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Harrison Bryant is on his last season of his rookie contract, and his future with the Browns is questionable after next season. 

    Which would pretty much leave Njoku as the only TE on the roster at that point I'm not saying they are going to take a TE with their top pick, but it should be considered somewhere in the eight picks they have.

    Thanks for the clarification.  

    First, as for Bryant, he is good enough for now. And who knows, maybe we extent him, but I doubt it.    Berry does work ahead in drafts, so we might draft one.

    I just see TE being a weapon to use, but i think we will just look towards free agents or undrafted guys.  I don't see us keeping many TE's moving forward.  I see it a rare occasion we will ever play two of them at the same time.  

    Look at last year, when we wanted "blocking", we had already dumped the blocking TE's and we just had a tackle report as eligible.

    I think people don't understand that the O is going to morph....or at least it better do so to accomodate Watson.  We aren't going to use multiple TE sets IMO and TE is going to be a position of low importance as we move forward.  I don't see any real push to draft a TE until we are a year away from Njoku's final year.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #95

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't see us keeping many TE's moving forward.  I see it a rare occasion we will ever play two of them at the same time.  

    I understand how DePodesta isn't interested in four yard runs and wants 13 yard passes..........but he picked Stef.  He's the one that wanted Stef the year earlier but Dorsey went with the Bill-Hilly.  And that was what Stef was known for....his two TE stretch blocking offense.  I actually expect a TE to be drafted with one of our latter picks.  I don't think they're flabbergasted with Bryant.  I know that I'm not...being a Mackie winner

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't see us keeping many TE's moving forward.  I see it a rare occasion we will ever play two of them at the same time.  

    I understand how DePodesta isn't interested in four yard runs and wants 13 yard passes..........but he picked Stef.  He's the one that wanted Stef the year earlier but Dorsey went with the Bill-Hilly.  And that was what Stef was known for....his two TE stretch blocking offense.  I actually expect a TE to be drafted with one of our latter picks.  I don't think they're flabbergasted with Bryant.  I know that I'm not...being a Mackie winner

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @orion said:

    I understand how DePodesta isn't interested in four yard runs and wants 13 yard passes..........but he picked Stef.  He's the one that wanted Stef the year earlier but Dorsey went with the Bill-Hilly.  And that was what Stef was known for....his two TE stretch blocking offense.  I actually expect a TE to be drafted with one of our latter picks.  I don't think they're flabbergasted with Bryant.  I know that I'm not...being a Mackie winner

    He's been a decent if not underwhelming player, but eventually the Browns are going to have to let some of their draft picks leave after their rookie contracts are up, and to me Bryant could very well be that type of guy that is allowed to leave and is replaced by a cheaper rookie. They can't give contract extensions to everyone. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #97

    I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

  • I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    Nope..not trading Chubby nor his contract ?

    but Duff has a whole series of "what if" trades.. click a name

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Trade-Value-Joel-Bitonio-201476295/

  • I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    I along with every Browns fan alive loves Nick Chubb. I now have brown and the 1946 throwback white Browns jerseys - both with #24. 

    But I am curious if there is anyone who would subscribe to the sell high/buy low mindset with Chubb?

    Plus, it's the end of January, and not much going on with the Browns now ?

  • @ballpeen said:

    Possibly so, but TE might be last on the list of needs.  If we had the guns, I could see us not playing with a TE for a good portion of plays.

    Harrison Bryant is on his last season of his rookie contract, and his future with the Browns is questionable after next season. 

    Which would pretty much leave Njoku as the only TE on the roster at that point I'm not saying they are going to take a TE with their top pick, but it should be considered somewhere in the eight picks they have.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Harrison Bryant is on his last season of his rookie contract, and his future with the Browns is questionable after next season. 

    Tired of watching TJ Watt pick on Harrison Bryant's lined up side? 

    Meet TE/FB #9 Brayden Willis at Oklahoma.. projected 6th rounder to UDFA 🙂

  • @orion said:

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    I along with every Browns fan alive loves Nick Chubb. I now have brown and the 1946 throwback white Browns jerseys - both with #24. 

    But I am curious if there is anyone who would subscribe to the sell high/buy low mindset with Chubb?

    Plus, it's the end of January, and not much going on with the Browns now ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I now have brown and the 1946 throwback white Browns jerseys - both with #24. 

    Nice.  No name on the back?

  • @orion said:

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    I along with every Browns fan alive loves Nick Chubb. I now have brown and the 1946 throwback white Browns jerseys - both with #24. 

    But I am curious if there is anyone who would subscribe to the sell high/buy low mindset with Chubb?

    Plus, it's the end of January, and not much going on with the Browns now ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    But I am curious if there is anyone who would subscribe to the sell high/buy low mindset with Chubb?

    Of course that could make sense in today's NFL.  Especially for a team with no 1st round pick.  But I bet that we can't get the Colts to give us any more 1st round picks for RB's. 

    I don't think I'm all that smart.  Wasn't gifted with as many neuron connections as professors.  I do think, however, that I got at least my share of logic.  I don't always use it though.  And in Chubb's case my heart won't allow me to use it.  Chubb embodies almost exactly what you would want in a football player.  He's got a great attitude.  A Very hard worker.  Great teammate.  Does not seek out the media.  No social media presence.  Big, strong, fast, smart.  A great and yet humble player.  -  How do you trade that person?  What kind of message does that send?  And let's not even factor in the current PR situation with our QB. 

    I just don't see how you could possibly trade away a 'most probable' future Browns Ring of Fame player while he's still playing at a peak level.  No more Paul Warfield stuff...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    But I am curious if there is anyone who would subscribe to the sell high/buy low mindset with Chubb?

    Of course that could make sense in today's NFL.  Especially for a team with no 1st round pick.  But I bet that we can't get the Colts to give us any more 1st round picks for RB's. 

    I don't think I'm all that smart.  Wasn't gifted with as many neuron connections as professors.  I do think, however, that I got at least my share of logic.  I don't always use it though.  And in Chubb's case my heart won't allow me to use it.  Chubb embodies almost exactly what you would want in a football player.  He's got a great attitude.  A Very hard worker.  Great teammate.  Does not seek out the media.  No social media presence.  Big, strong, fast, smart.  A great and yet humble player.  -  How do you trade that person?  What kind of message does that send?  And let's not even factor in the current PR situation with our QB. 

    I just don't see how you could possibly trade away a 'most probable' future Browns Ring of Fame player while he's still playing at a peak level.  No more Paul Warfield stuff...

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Of course that could make sense in today's NFL.  Especially for a team with no 1st round pick.  But I bet that we can't get the Colts to give us any more 1st round picks for RB's. 

    I don't think I'm all that smart.  Wasn't gifted with as many neuron connections as professors.  I do think, however, that I got at least my share of logic.  I don't always use it though.  And in Chubb's case my heart won't allow me to use it.  Chubb embodies almost exactly what you would want in a football player.  He's got a great attitude.  A Very hard worker.  Great teammate.  Does not seek out the media.  No social media presence.  Big, strong, fast, smart.  A great and yet humble player.  -  How do you trade that person?  What kind of message does that send?  And let's not even factor in the current PR situation with our QB. 

    I just don't see how you could possibly trade away a 'most probable' future Browns Ring of Fame player while he's still playing at a peak level.  No more Paul Warfield stuff...

    There ain't enough gold and riches in the Universe to make me trade away Chubb.. We would NEVER get equal value in return... This guy has HOF written all over him... The guy I would peddle is the CANCER known as "Mild" Garrett... He's a distraction to the team and bad juju in the locker room... Not only that... Garrett is S O F T!!!

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't see us keeping many TE's moving forward.  I see it a rare occasion we will ever play two of them at the same time.  

    I understand how DePodesta isn't interested in four yard runs and wants 13 yard passes..........but he picked Stef.  He's the one that wanted Stef the year earlier but Dorsey went with the Bill-Hilly.  And that was what Stef was known for....his two TE stretch blocking offense.  I actually expect a TE to be drafted with one of our latter picks.  I don't think they're flabbergasted with Bryant.  I know that I'm not...being a Mackie winner

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    I understand how DePodesta isn't interested in four yard runs and wants 13 yard passes..........but he picked Stef.  He's the one that wanted Stef the year earlier but Dorsey went with the Bill-Hilly.  And that was what Stef was known for....his two TE stretch blocking offense.  I actually expect a TE to be drafted with one of our latter picks.  I don't think they're flabbergasted with Bryant.  I know that I'm not...being a Mackie winner

    I am not saying TE won't be used.  I am simply saying that we spent a big bag on watson, and the O needs to morph to what Watson does best, and that isn't playing in a bunched up offense.  We will spread the field.  We aren't going to play with 7 players playing shoulder to shoulder on the LOS....at least we better not if we want to tap in to Watsons talents.

    That is why I think that Chubb might not be the best type of back for the type of O we will start to play.

  • I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    1st and a 2nd.   Maybe a 3rd depending on how high it is in the round. 

  • I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to throw something out there...

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    In reality: Never. He is my favorite player by some margin. I've often thought this season: Chubb deserves better than the Browns. 

    For sake of discussion and playing football trade games without buying a Madden game: 
    Chubb and Willis to Tampa for Tristan Wirfs and Vita Vea. Maybe some addition and/ or exchange of picks to make it happen (although it would never happen in reality).

    Wirfs because I was very high on him before the 2020 draft, and we could have had him. In stead, we got seemingly unmotivated lazybones Willis, who often seems to give up on blocking while the play is still going on. Vea because he is a highly rated IDL, which would help towards fixing our greatest weakness. 

    While I am fairly high on Ford, I don't think he is ready to start yet, and D'Ernest is back-up caliber. So in this scenario, we would need to use one of our picks on a RB who could start, or sign a free agent. We could even re-sign Hunt and give him the #1 position he desires.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I now have brown and the 1946 throwback white Browns jerseys - both with #24. 

    Nice.  No name on the back?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @orion said:

    Nice.  No name on the back?

    It's not THAT much of a throwback, it does have his name on the back. Doing a bachelor party weekend up in Erie during the Super Bowl Weekend, will be busting out this beauty for Sunday. 

    1946 browns jersey.jpeg

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nick Chubb just completed his fifth NFL season, and will be 28 years old next season.

    What would a team have to offer the Browns for you to trade him? 

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    you mean like this guy he either drops the ball or hands it to the ref oh if you do watch he is a two way player qb fb lb and has a 6th or 7th round draft status

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    you mean like this guy he either drops the ball or hands it to the ref oh if you do watch he is a two way player qb fb lb and has a 6th or 7th round draft status

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    you mean like this guy

    Can he TE block?  If so, sign him up.

  • @syd said:

    you mean like this guy

    Can he TE block?  If so, sign him up.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Can he TE block?  If so, sign him up.

    im sure he could I am gonna miss watching him play for the beavs