Skip to content

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
481 19 32.3k 1
  • Dutch Oven's Not-So-Super Duper Mock Draft 1.0

    3rd Round (#74): LB Jack Campbell, Iowa 6'4", 248lbs     

    Built like a traditional middle linebacker, he's got the strength to anchor the inside of the defense, and is surprisingly nimble for a man his size. I'd have no problem with LB Daiyan Henley here either.

    3rd Round (#98): DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4", 312lbs

    Great physical tools should make him an asset vs the run, has the potential to give you something in pass rush department too.

    4th Round: (#111) OT Braeden Daniels, Utah 6'4, 298lbs

    Very experienced (43 college starts) and played multiple positions. Good upside, needs to gain weight/strength. 

    4th Round (#126): TE Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion 6'8", 250lbs

    Amazing catch radius, athleticism and a potential match-up nightmare. Like Daniels, needs to hit a NFL workout room because he would be woefully inadequate at this time trying to block as an in-line TE. Worth the draft pick on the potential jersey sales alone. 

    5th Round (#140): OG Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse 6'5", 324lbs

    Experienced as a college tackle, he projects as a guard for a zone-heavy team that values athletic movers on the inside. Versatile potential starter. 

    5th Round (#142): DE Eku Leota, Auburn 6'3", 260lbs

     Long build for his height, he has a good combination of strength and quickness to be able to set the edge. Good motor, hard worker who graduated college in three years. Comp was Cincinnati's Sam Hubbard.

    6th Round (#190): WR Dontay Demus Jr, Maryland 6'3", 213lbs

    Athletic big bodied WR who was recovering from a knee injury. His ability to high-point the ball is his elite skill. Solid blocker.

    7th Round (#229): RB Evan Hull, Northwestern 5'10" 210lbs

    Mediocre athlete, but a tough kid who can catch the ball out of the backfield with the best of them. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Dutch Oven's Not-So-Super Duper Mock Draft 1.0

    3rd Round (#74): LB Jack Campbell, Iowa 6'4", 248lbs     

    Built like a traditional middle linebacker, he's got the strength to anchor the inside of the defense, and is surprisingly nimble for a man his size. I'd have no problem with LB Daiyan Henley here either.

    3rd Round (#98): DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4", 312lbs

    Great physical tools should make him an asset vs the run, has the potential to give you something in pass rush department too.

    4th Round: (#111) OT Braeden Daniels, Utah 6'4, 298lbs

    Very experienced (43 college starts) and played multiple positions. Good upside, needs to gain weight/strength. 

    4th Round (#126): TE Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion 6'8", 250lbs

    Amazing catch radius, athleticism and a potential match-up nightmare. Like Daniels, needs to hit a NFL workout room because he would be woefully inadequate at this time trying to block as an in-line TE. Worth the draft pick on the potential jersey sales alone. 

    5th Round (#140): OG Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse 6'5", 324lbs

    Experienced as a college tackle, he projects as a guard for a zone-heavy team that values athletic movers on the inside. Versatile potential starter. 

    5th Round (#142): DE Eku Leota, Auburn 6'3", 260lbs

     Long build for his height, he has a good combination of strength and quickness to be able to set the edge. Good motor, hard worker who graduated college in three years. Comp was Cincinnati's Sam Hubbard.

    6th Round (#190): WR Dontay Demus Jr, Maryland 6'3", 213lbs

    Athletic big bodied WR who was recovering from a knee injury. His ability to high-point the ball is his elite skill. Solid blocker.

    7th Round (#229): RB Evan Hull, Northwestern 5'10" 210lbs

    Mediocre athlete, but a tough kid who can catch the ball out of the backfield with the best of them. 

    We interrupt all intelligent conversation with Flugel's Can't Quit My Day Job Mock Draft 1.0

    3rd Round (#74) ILB Daiyan Henley, Washington State 6'1" 230lbs

    LBer isn't a need but this defense could use an X-factor to force and get us turnovers.  It might have been a bit premature - but when I shared his highlights I wrote this might be my favorite guy in the whole draft.  In that video, from the very 1st play of him causing a turnover while a guy was being tackled - this guy is everywhere.  He's explosive and he flies to the football.  Even better, he's on time to the extent he stifles the point of attack.  At the time of my 1st impression - I had no idea @tiamat63 was already breaking down film of him and he was impressed.  

    3rd Round (#98) DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4" 312lbs

    Started and held his own as a true freshman as a Nose Tackle after finishing his high school wrestling career 48-2.  It's very rare for a player at Wisconsin to start all 4 years in that program like Benton did. He projects well in a 3-4 or a 4-3 which won't surprise anyone that has seen him play.  Great vision and reliable tackler.  Keeps a pad height that enables good leverage.  He's a good lateral mover that can be utilized in stunts.  Would look really good in orange and brown lining up next to Tomlinson.

    4th Round (#111) LT Ryan Hayes, Michigan 6'6" 301lbs

    Former high school basketball player and pitcher was recruited as a 6'6" TE at 271lbs before being moved to OL.  His biggest weakness is very short arms for a guy with his height.   Probably won't replace Wills immediately or at all this year.  BUT, he could line up as a dual purpose TE to the left of Wills in some double tight formations to get his feet wet helping to set the edge.  This is a very tough, hard nosed kid that will battle.  

    4th Round (#126) OG/C Steve Avila, TCU 6'4" 330lbs

    Team Captain for an offense Michigan couldn't stop in the BCS playoff game.  Was actually a 2 year Captain. Versatile enough to play all positions but LT - eventually settled in as a Center in 2021 and then LG in 2022. Very powerful.  Seems like the type of player Callahan would love to coach.  While the Browns are currently strong at OG and Pocic was a nice acquisition at Center - Bitonio is reaching the age Joe Thomas retired at and Teller had a nagging calf injury for much of last season.  Aside from that, Pocic missed a few starts to injury.

    5th Round (#140) WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State 5'11" 191lbs

    Began college football with great success at Western Michigan before transferring to Michigan State to be their biggest weapon in the passing game in 2021. Played through injuries in 2022 and showed impressive speed and versatility at the Senior Bowl.

    5th Round (#142) OLB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas 6'3" 224lbs

    Began his college career as a Safety and made it into the DB rotation. After a couple years he moved to LB where he became a star and leader of the defense.  Has good length and range as well as an arm length of about 33 inches.

    6th Round (#190) S Tyreque Jones, Boise State 6'2" 207lbs

    A 2 time all-conference selection. Has experience as both a traditional safety and nickel. Rare size and length with 34-inch arms. Listed as a Sleeper only this is the good kind that keeps his eyes open when he plays defense.

    7th Round (#229) QB Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia 5'11" 190lbs

    What would Johnny Manziel look like if he was sober and willing to look at the playbook?  A practice squad QB that will be really good at running the scout team offense.  If he's willing to put the work in - he could become the next Gardner Minshew II.  Stay tuned?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Dutch Oven's Not-So-Super Duper Mock Draft 1.0

    3rd Round (#74): LB Jack Campbell, Iowa 6'4", 248lbs     

    Built like a traditional middle linebacker, he's got the strength to anchor the inside of the defense, and is surprisingly nimble for a man his size. I'd have no problem with LB Daiyan Henley here either.

    3rd Round (#98): DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4", 312lbs

    Great physical tools should make him an asset vs the run, has the potential to give you something in pass rush department too.

    4th Round: (#111) OT Braeden Daniels, Utah 6'4, 298lbs

    Very experienced (43 college starts) and played multiple positions. Good upside, needs to gain weight/strength. 

    4th Round (#126): TE Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion 6'8", 250lbs

    Amazing catch radius, athleticism and a potential match-up nightmare. Like Daniels, needs to hit a NFL workout room because he would be woefully inadequate at this time trying to block as an in-line TE. Worth the draft pick on the potential jersey sales alone. 

    5th Round (#140): OG Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse 6'5", 324lbs

    Experienced as a college tackle, he projects as a guard for a zone-heavy team that values athletic movers on the inside. Versatile potential starter. 

    5th Round (#142): DE Eku Leota, Auburn 6'3", 260lbs

     Long build for his height, he has a good combination of strength and quickness to be able to set the edge. Good motor, hard worker who graduated college in three years. Comp was Cincinnati's Sam Hubbard.

    6th Round (#190): WR Dontay Demus Jr, Maryland 6'3", 213lbs

    Athletic big bodied WR who was recovering from a knee injury. His ability to high-point the ball is his elite skill. Solid blocker.

    7th Round (#229): RB Evan Hull, Northwestern 5'10" 210lbs

    Mediocre athlete, but a tough kid who can catch the ball out of the backfield with the best of them. 

    We interrupt all intelligent conversation with Flugel's Can't Quit My Day Job Mock Draft 1.0

    3rd Round (#74) ILB Daiyan Henley, Washington State 6'1" 230lbs

    LBer isn't a need but this defense could use an X-factor to force and get us turnovers.  It might have been a bit premature - but when I shared his highlights I wrote this might be my favorite guy in the whole draft.  In that video, from the very 1st play of him causing a turnover while a guy was being tackled - this guy is everywhere.  He's explosive and he flies to the football.  Even better, he's on time to the extent he stifles the point of attack.  At the time of my 1st impression - I had no idea @tiamat63 was already breaking down film of him and he was impressed.  

    3rd Round (#98) DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4" 312lbs

    Started and held his own as a true freshman as a Nose Tackle after finishing his high school wrestling career 48-2.  It's very rare for a player at Wisconsin to start all 4 years in that program like Benton did. He projects well in a 3-4 or a 4-3 which won't surprise anyone that has seen him play.  Great vision and reliable tackler.  Keeps a pad height that enables good leverage.  He's a good lateral mover that can be utilized in stunts.  Would look really good in orange and brown lining up next to Tomlinson.

    4th Round (#111) LT Ryan Hayes, Michigan 6'6" 301lbs

    Former high school basketball player and pitcher was recruited as a 6'6" TE at 271lbs before being moved to OL.  His biggest weakness is very short arms for a guy with his height.   Probably won't replace Wills immediately or at all this year.  BUT, he could line up as a dual purpose TE to the left of Wills in some double tight formations to get his feet wet helping to set the edge.  This is a very tough, hard nosed kid that will battle.  

    4th Round (#126) OG/C Steve Avila, TCU 6'4" 330lbs

    Team Captain for an offense Michigan couldn't stop in the BCS playoff game.  Was actually a 2 year Captain. Versatile enough to play all positions but LT - eventually settled in as a Center in 2021 and then LG in 2022. Very powerful.  Seems like the type of player Callahan would love to coach.  While the Browns are currently strong at OG and Pocic was a nice acquisition at Center - Bitonio is reaching the age Joe Thomas retired at and Teller had a nagging calf injury for much of last season.  Aside from that, Pocic missed a few starts to injury.

    5th Round (#140) WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State 5'11" 191lbs

    Began college football with great success at Western Michigan before transferring to Michigan State to be their biggest weapon in the passing game in 2021. Played through injuries in 2022 and showed impressive speed and versatility at the Senior Bowl.

    5th Round (#142) OLB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas 6'3" 224lbs

    Began his college career as a Safety and made it into the DB rotation. After a couple years he moved to LB where he became a star and leader of the defense.  Has good length and range as well as an arm length of about 33 inches.

    6th Round (#190) S Tyreque Jones, Boise State 6'2" 207lbs

    A 2 time all-conference selection. Has experience as both a traditional safety and nickel. Rare size and length with 34-inch arms. Listed as a Sleeper only this is the good kind that keeps his eyes open when he plays defense.

    7th Round (#229) QB Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia 5'11" 190lbs

    What would Johnny Manziel look like if he was sober and willing to look at the playbook?  A practice squad QB that will be really good at running the scout team offense.  If he's willing to put the work in - he could become the next Gardner Minshew II.  Stay tuned?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    We interrupt all intelligent conversation with Flugel's Can't Quit My Day Job Mock Draft 1.0

    3rd Round (#74) ILB Daiyan Henley, Washington State 6'1" 230lbs

    I'll buy.

    3rd Round (#98) DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin 6'4" 312lbs

    I'd rather have Keeanu Reeves RB Fansville State-so quick he can dodge bullets.

    4th Round (#111) LT Ryan Hayes, Michigan 6'6" 301lbs

    Former high school basketball player - If he can catch like BB Player Mike Evans -he's a keeper.

    4th Round (#126) OG/C Steve Avila, TCU 6'4" 330lbs

    Yep.?

    5th Round (#140) WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State 5'11" 191lbs

    ?

    5th Round (#142) OLB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas 6'3" 224lbs

    We don't need no teasippers.🙄

    6th Round (#190) S Tyreque Jones, Boise State 6'2" 207lbs

    Roll them dice-nothin' to lose here.

    7th Round (#229) QB Stetson Bennett IV, Georgia 5'11" 190lbs

    Gone in the 5th or 6th IMO

    The question will be how many we trade out of to move up IMO.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    That's a good looking mock draft @flugel!

    We have a lot of the same positions covered.

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    100% agree with @texasag1969 that we are likely going to see some razzle dazzle trading from AB, packaging picks, or even players with picks. To move up, down, round and round. All of it.

    Hadn't heard of him before, but would draft Tank Bigsby for his name alone. 

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10070469-ranking-the-10-biggest-potential-steals-of-the-2023-nfl-draft

    (I'll go stand in the corner for using Bleacher Report as a source now)

    george-michael.gif 

  • 100% agree with @texasag1969 that we are likely going to see some razzle dazzle trading from AB, packaging picks, or even players with picks. To move up, down, round and round. All of it.

    Hadn't heard of him before, but would draft Tank Bigsby for his name alone. 

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10070469-ranking-the-10-biggest-potential-steals-of-the-2023-nfl-draft

    (I'll go stand in the corner for using Bleacher Report as a source now)

    george-michael.gif 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    100% agree with @texasag1969 that we are likely going to see some razzle dazzle trading from AB, packaging picks, or even players with picks. To move up, down, round and round. All of it.

    Hadn't heard of him before, but would draft Tank Bigsby for his name alone. 

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10070469-ranking-the-10-biggest-potential-steals-of-the-2023-nfl-draft

    (I'll go stand in the corner for using Bleacher Report as a source now)

    george-michael.gif 

    I agree the Browns will probably trade a few of those draft slots.  I got jammed out of adding a WR or a TE I really wanted for sudden impact KD.  Our guy Darnell Washington who blocks like a Tackle at 6'7" 270lbs will be drafted by the time we get to our 1st pick if we don't trade up.  I didn't want him to be the 1st guy we were going to take as much as I liked him.  They already the TE they like anyway....

  • That's a good looking mock draft @flugel!

    We have a lot of the same positions covered.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's a good looking mock draft @flugel!

    We have a lot of the same positions covered.

    Thanks Dutch!  It was a worthwhile exercise to get acquainted with the choices we could have at each spot.  I could definitely see us trading around.  

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel what would you say are reliable online sources on projected rounds for draftees? Would definitely need some before I even consider engaging in a mock myself. Did you use anything other than your fancy magazine?

  • @flugel what would you say are reliable online sources on projected rounds for draftees? Would definitely need some before I even consider engaging in a mock myself. Did you use anything other than your fancy magazine?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    @flugel what would you say are reliable online sources on projected rounds for draftees? Would definitely need some before I even consider engaging in a mock myself. Did you use anything other than your fancy magazine?

    Sorry to say no. I'm on a computer at least 50 hours a week for work so I keep it old school with the magazine.  Having said that, I do like to go to youtube to look for highlights of guys that intrigue me some.

    KD, try to Google up NFL Draft or NFL Draft prospect rankings. I forget the site I used to use.

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    100% agree with @texasag1969 that we are likely going to see some razzle dazzle trading from AB, packaging picks, or even players with picks. To move up, down, round and round. All of it.

    Hadn't heard of him before, but would draft Tank Bigsby for his name alone. 

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10070469-ranking-the-10-biggest-potential-steals-of-the-2023-nfl-draft

    (I'll go stand in the corner for using Bleacher Report as a source now)

    george-michael.gif 

    I agree the Browns will probably trade a few of those draft slots.  I got jammed out of adding a WR or a TE I really wanted for sudden impact KD.  Our guy Darnell Washington who blocks like a Tackle at 6'7" 270lbs will be drafted by the time we get to our 1st pick if we don't trade up.  I didn't want him to be the 1st guy we were going to take as much as I liked him.  They already the TE they like anyway....

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    I agree the Browns will probably trade a few of those draft slots.  I got jammed out of adding a WR or a TE I really wanted for sudden impact KD.  Our guy Darnell Washington who blocks like a Tackle at 6'7" 270lbs will be drafted by the time we get to our 1st pick if we don't trade up.  I didn't want him to be the 1st guy we were going to take as much as I liked him.  They already the TE they like anyway....

    Might not be able to resist. Can't get enough of the guy.

    Look at the picture below. The defender isn't even trying to tackle him. He is ducking in terror to avoid the stiff arm. And the defender is in the foreground of the picture, and still looks tiny by comparison. Just to give an idea how massive our guy is. I say he is going to be a DK Metcalf-like sensation in the League.

    usa_today_19423980.0.jpg

  • @tiamat63 said:

    @korsou-dawg funny you bring him up. I was in a discussion about the Browns possibly being interested in him as a certain Lukas Van Ness lite, type option. 

     A player who can kick inside on sub packages and gap shoot.  He lacks technique, but his burst Is incredible.

    Good find, glad someone else is bringing his name up. 

    CBS Sports has us taking YaYa as our first pick.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-three-round-mock-draft-bucs-take-tom-brady-heir-in-round-2-nfc-east-loads-up-on-defense/

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @texasag1969 said:

    CBS Sports has us taking YaYa as our first pick.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-three-round-mock-draft-bucs-take-tom-brady-heir-in-round-2-nfc-east-loads-up-on-defense/

    Initial reaction on Diaby.

     LOU uses a lot of odd fronts and he ends up playing (mostly) between the 2i and 4tech.   At the latter generally means he's 2 gapping or running gap exchange. Might help explain more of his slower first step off the snap, but the few times he gets to play a more traditional edge, 5tech and such, he's still a half step slow.

        Motor runs hot, and a clear "effort" pass rusher over technique.   Gets locked up and locked out pretty easily, and unless he wins a gap immediately by flying his body into it, once he goes hands on, it's pretty much over.   His leg drive looks to be pretty good, I really don't see his feet stopping.  But that doesn't matter when you're having a bunch of false steps and not locked in your stance.   His arm flailing though while he runs, you lose SO much burst not staying tight from your stance by doing that.     

     Pretty decent feel for the screen game, but most of the pressures he generates are on stunts and slants.  Not to call it a fault, he has to play the role in the defensive system.   

     I guess for me, it boils down to seeing another athlete with little technique or refinement, no counter move, a poor initial stance for his first step, and so-so bend and hip sink in the top 100 again.   That just seems like another repeat of Alex Wright.   When I could dip into the LB or IDL pool and get a player who, maybe isn't the flashiest on the field, but at least could be giving good minutes in the rotation early with a higher currently developed floor.  

     Right now, bringing in Diaby and asking him to fly off the edge at the 5-9tech is akin to starting over in his learning process.  the curve is STEEP for him.   Does he have the athletic profile? Absolutely.  But little to nothing else as of my typing this and watching 3 full games of his.    You'd take months just fixing his 3 point stance and fire off the ball alone before you would get into hand/foot sync, developing a hip sink, bend, strike timing and hand placement... really just developing any one pass rush move would likely take a full season.  

     If he's brought in on the interior in passing downs, he *COULD* frustrate guards by simply being faster into gaps, but you have to remember he's going against pro's so speed alone isn't going to cut it once that initial punch lands.   

     I don't know, this screams like a day 3 pick IMHO.   Edit:. By day 3, I might late round 5.  Preferably somewhere in round 5 depending on who is available.

     Speaking of Day 3 picks and the need to look ahead to life without Nick Chubb - Syracuse has a RB in the draft, Sean Tucker, that really showed a nice game when I watched LOU vs SYRC.  Kid jumped off the screen quite a bit, especially for those of us that don't want to take a RB until mid-late day 3.  

  • @flugel what would you say are reliable online sources on projected rounds for draftees? Would definitely need some before I even consider engaging in a mock myself. Did you use anything other than your fancy magazine?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @korsou-dawg said:

     what would you say are reliable online sources on projected rounds for draftees? Would definitely need some before I even consider engaging in a mock myself. 

    Projected rounds is a tough find anymore. The best luck I have had is using NFL Draft Scout.com..

    The list is alphabetical and includes everyone eligible.. I'll dump you into TE's// click on interested player to find projected draft round/'s.. Can move to any position 

     https://draftscout.com/players.php?GenPos=TE&DraftYear=2023&sortorder=TSXPos&order=ASC

    LB Jack Campbell is projected Rd.2.. DT Keeanu Benton & LB Dalyan Henley are projected as Rd.2 or 3..  seems legit    

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    did find the 33rd team website is good at something ? (former players/coaches/GM's)

    Analyzer Player stats at any position with a Draft/Big Board like non-other.. 

    https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/combine-stats/

  • @flugel said:

    I agree the Browns will probably trade a few of those draft slots.  I got jammed out of adding a WR or a TE I really wanted for sudden impact KD.  Our guy Darnell Washington who blocks like a Tackle at 6'7" 270lbs will be drafted by the time we get to our 1st pick if we don't trade up.  I didn't want him to be the 1st guy we were going to take as much as I liked him.  They already the TE they like anyway....

    Might not be able to resist. Can't get enough of the guy.

    Look at the picture below. The defender isn't even trying to tackle him. He is ducking in terror to avoid the stiff arm. And the defender is in the foreground of the picture, and still looks tiny by comparison. Just to give an idea how massive our guy is. I say he is going to be a DK Metcalf-like sensation in the League.

    usa_today_19423980.0.jpg

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Might not be able to resist. Can't get enough of the guy.

    Look at the picture below. The defender isn't even trying to tackle him. He is ducking in terror to avoid the stiff arm. And the defender is in the foreground of the picture, and still looks tiny by comparison. Just to give an idea how massive our guy is. I say he is going to be a DK Metcalf-like sensation in the League.

    usa_today_19423980.0.jpg

    Our guy looks like he has a severe case of Gronkitis

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    An edge prospect I hadn't seen before was mocked to us in round 3 by Charlie over at WalterFootball.  @tiamat63 have you looked at Auburn's Derick Hall before? TDN thinks he's first-round apparently.

    RAS.football@MathBomb
    Derick Hall #RAS so far.
    *Splits Projected
  • An edge prospect I hadn't seen before was mocked to us in round 3 by Charlie over at WalterFootball.  @tiamat63 have you looked at Auburn's Derick Hall before? TDN thinks he's first-round apparently.

    RAS.football@MathBomb
    Derick Hall #RAS so far.
    *Splits Projected
    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @unsympathetic said:

    An edge prospect I hadn't seen before was mocked to us in round 3 by Charlie over at WalterFootball.  @tiamat63 have you looked at Auburn's Derick Hall before? TDN thinks he's first-round apparently.

     Caught a glimpse of him while watching and dismissing Colby Wooden.

     He flashed a couple times, but one I do remember was him flying off the edge then tracking a back down off a boundary peel and blowing him up.     I made a mental note, but outstanding change of direction from what I had seen.  Implies good burst/speed and athletic ability. 

     I think he played mostly as a 2pt edge.  Which makes me wonder how redundant we're becoming being that's why we signed Oby to fill that DPR role. 

     And, if we're looking for that type of contrast or diversity in our personnel, Hall doesn't have quite the height and wingspan of I.T.,  Alex Wright or Myles.  

     I've been busy all weekend, but I'll find some time to go over Hall more thoroughly and get back to you. 

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

  • Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by Korsou Dawg

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

    As a more general observation: DE/ Edge is generally rated as a very deep position group this year, along with WR. In the mocks I have done so far, you see guys from those positions falling down the board, as teams reach for IDL and O-line. 

    For the same reason, I am a strong proponent of using our highest pick on a DT. Even trading up for one. My favorite play is combining our picks #74 and #111 to go up to about 60 at the end of the 2nd. That seems to bring us back into Siaki Ika territory. Also guys like Board favorite Jack Campbell btw, but I very much doubt we are using a high pick on a LB. Regardless, a suitable Edge defender to add to the rotation is still likely to be available at 108.