Skip to content

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
481 19 32.3k 1
  • @flugel said:

    I agree the Browns will probably trade a few of those draft slots.  I got jammed out of adding a WR or a TE I really wanted for sudden impact KD.  Our guy Darnell Washington who blocks like a Tackle at 6'7" 270lbs will be drafted by the time we get to our 1st pick if we don't trade up.  I didn't want him to be the 1st guy we were going to take as much as I liked him.  They already the TE they like anyway....

    Might not be able to resist. Can't get enough of the guy.

    Look at the picture below. The defender isn't even trying to tackle him. He is ducking in terror to avoid the stiff arm. And the defender is in the foreground of the picture, and still looks tiny by comparison. Just to give an idea how massive our guy is. I say he is going to be a DK Metcalf-like sensation in the League.

    usa_today_19423980.0.jpg

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Might not be able to resist. Can't get enough of the guy.

    Look at the picture below. The defender isn't even trying to tackle him. He is ducking in terror to avoid the stiff arm. And the defender is in the foreground of the picture, and still looks tiny by comparison. Just to give an idea how massive our guy is. I say he is going to be a DK Metcalf-like sensation in the League.

    usa_today_19423980.0.jpg

    Our guy looks like he has a severe case of Gronkitis

  • An edge prospect I hadn't seen before was mocked to us in round 3 by Charlie over at WalterFootball.  @tiamat63 have you looked at Auburn's Derick Hall before? TDN thinks he's first-round apparently.

    RAS.football@MathBomb
    Derick Hall #RAS so far.
    *Splits Projected
  • An edge prospect I hadn't seen before was mocked to us in round 3 by Charlie over at WalterFootball.  @tiamat63 have you looked at Auburn's Derick Hall before? TDN thinks he's first-round apparently.

    RAS.football@MathBomb
    Derick Hall #RAS so far.
    *Splits Projected

    @unsympathetic said:

    An edge prospect I hadn't seen before was mocked to us in round 3 by Charlie over at WalterFootball.  @tiamat63 have you looked at Auburn's Derick Hall before? TDN thinks he's first-round apparently.

     Caught a glimpse of him while watching and dismissing Colby Wooden.

     He flashed a couple times, but one I do remember was him flying off the edge then tracking a back down off a boundary peel and blowing him up.     I made a mental note, but outstanding change of direction from what I had seen.  Implies good burst/speed and athletic ability. 

     I think he played mostly as a 2pt edge.  Which makes me wonder how redundant we're becoming being that's why we signed Oby to fill that DPR role. 

     And, if we're looking for that type of contrast or diversity in our personnel, Hall doesn't have quite the height and wingspan of I.T.,  Alex Wright or Myles.  

     I've been busy all weekend, but I'll find some time to go over Hall more thoroughly and get back to you. 

  • Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

  • Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Zach Harrison was a former 5 star recruit who IMO never really came close to realizing his potential. 

    That being said, I'd be pretty surprised if he was still around that late. 

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

    As a more general observation: DE/ Edge is generally rated as a very deep position group this year, along with WR. In the mocks I have done so far, you see guys from those positions falling down the board, as teams reach for IDL and O-line. 

    For the same reason, I am a strong proponent of using our highest pick on a DT. Even trading up for one. My favorite play is combining our picks #74 and #111 to go up to about 60 at the end of the 2nd. That seems to bring us back into Siaki Ika territory. Also guys like Board favorite Jack Campbell btw, but I very much doubt we are using a high pick on a LB. Regardless, a suitable Edge defender to add to the rotation is still likely to be available at 108.   

  • Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Thatta boy!    That sounds like the all you eat buffet for the insatiable appetite.

    Where is Darnell Washington going in all these drafts KD?   

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Depends on which big board is used as a premise I suppose.

    Draftek indeed has him #46. nflmockdraftdatabase.com has him #75, but he is often still available at #98. PFN and PFF have him #116 and #123 respectively, so would even be reaching a little.  

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really try to not be the "THERE'S NO WAY SO-AND-SO WILL BE TAKEN THAT EARLY/LATE" guy, but I still think Harrison almost making it to the 4th round seems unlikely(?) He just seems like the guy someone looks at in the second round and says "Man, look at this kid's measureables!"

    Yeah, this gets tricky sometimes because teams aren't supposed to be drafting what's in the rear view mirror (the college career per say).  With a QB like Josh Allen, I kept putting all his measurables in the back seat to the question why wasn't he able exceed the level of competition Wyoming played?  And now Iowa has a kid that didn't even start (Lukas Van Ness), that his raised his draft projection up into round 1 after the workouts. I gotta admit I get very chicken-shit endorsing projects like this.  I don't want to ruin my draft cred after endorsing gems like Johnny Forgot Football Manziel and Baker Mayfield.   I put a lot of energy in last minute research.

  • Zach Harrison almost reminds me of another Buckeye - Simon Frasure. 

     Both tall with great wingspan, set and hold the edge very well but have also kicked inside in certain calls.    But, like Frasure, lacks elite burst and hip lower body fluidity.   So turning the corner like Myles isn't really in the cards. 

     I guess I could see 3rd round.  But I'd be more apt to see his name called 4th-5th. 

  • Zach Harrison almost reminds me of another Buckeye - Simon Frasure. 

     Both tall with great wingspan, set and hold the edge very well but have also kicked inside in certain calls.    But, like Frasure, lacks elite burst and hip lower body fluidity.   So turning the corner like Myles isn't really in the cards. 

     I guess I could see 3rd round.  But I'd be more apt to see his name called 4th-5th. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zach Harrison almost reminds me of another Buckeye - Simon Frasure. 

     Both tall with great wingspan, set and hold the edge very well but have also kicked inside in certain calls.    But, like Frasure, lacks elite burst and hip lower body fluidity.   So turning the corner like Myles isn't really in the cards. 

     I guess I could see 3rd round.  But I'd be more apt to see his name called 4th-5th. 

    Well this is getting interesting.

    I really thought he'd get called in the first 75 picks (mid 3rd) based on his measureables alone, but it seems like I'm in the minority on here. I'll definitely be paying attention to where he goes now, just out of pure curiousity. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Zach Harrison almost reminds me of another Buckeye - Simon Frasure. 

     Both tall with great wingspan, set and hold the edge very well but have also kicked inside in certain calls.    But, like Frasure, lacks elite burst and hip lower body fluidity.   So turning the corner like Myles isn't really in the cards. 

     I guess I could see 3rd round.  But I'd be more apt to see his name called 4th-5th. 

    Well this is getting interesting.

    I really thought he'd get called in the first 75 picks (mid 3rd) based on his measureables alone, but it seems like I'm in the minority on here. I'll definitely be paying attention to where he goes now, just out of pure curiousity. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well this is getting interesting.

    I really thought he'd get called in the first 75 picks (mid 3rd) based on his measureables alone, but it seems like I'm in the minority on here. I'll definitely be paying attention to where he goes now, just out of pure curiousity. 

     There's upside I can see where the 3rd wouldn't be of any surprise, but the 4th (early) just feels.... right?  Then again, who knows with how position runs go in the draft.  

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Completely hooked on online mocks right now...

    Keep ending up drafting Zach Harrison from the Buckeyes with pick 98. I'm sure many on the Board have seen more from him than me. Any good?

    Thatta boy!    That sounds like the all you eat buffet for the insatiable appetite.

    Where is Darnell Washington going in all these drafts KD?   

    @flugel said:

    Thatta boy!    That sounds like the all you eat buffet for the insatiable appetite.

    Where is Darnell Washington going in all these drafts KD?   

    Online mocks are a bit of a mixed bag to begin with. 

    I've seen our boy Darnell go late twenties, to drafting him myself with my trade up to #60 play. He recently jumped 10 places on Drafttek's big board to #41, and he is already rated the #33 prospect on the aggregate big board of nflmockdraftdatabase.com. That said, he is only rated #104 and 8th TE on the33rdteam.com.

    Ready to move on if the consensus plays out, but for a dramatic slide down the board. We would have to give up too much to get near 30 to 40. IDL around 60 is the play IMO. If he were available at 108 absolute no-brainer!

  • @flugel said:

    Thatta boy!    That sounds like the all you eat buffet for the insatiable appetite.

    Where is Darnell Washington going in all these drafts KD?   

    Online mocks are a bit of a mixed bag to begin with. 

    I've seen our boy Darnell go late twenties, to drafting him myself with my trade up to #60 play. He recently jumped 10 places on Drafttek's big board to #41, and he is already rated the #33 prospect on the aggregate big board of nflmockdraftdatabase.com. That said, he is only rated #104 and 8th TE on the33rdteam.com.

    Ready to move on if the consensus plays out, but for a dramatic slide down the board. We would have to give up too much to get near 30 to 40. IDL around 60 is the play IMO. If he were available at 108 absolute no-brainer!

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Online mocks are a bit of a mixed bag to begin with. 

    I've seen our boy Darnell go late twenties, to drafting him myself with my trade up to #60 play. He recently jumped 10 places on Drafttek's big board to #41, and he is already rated the #33 prospect on the aggregate big board of nflmockdraftdatabase.com. That said, he is only rated #104 and 8th TE on the33rdteam.com.

    Ready to move on if the consensus plays out, but for a dramatic slide down the board. We would have to give up too much to get near 30 to 40. IDL around 60 is the play IMO. If he were available at 108 absolute no-brainer!

    One of the guys that posted in this thread reminded me that WalterFootball is a good site to look at about prospects. If memory serves me right, it shows where they rank and when/where they're projected to be drafted..

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    Online mocks are a bit of a mixed bag to begin with. 

    I've seen our boy Darnell go late twenties, to drafting him myself with my trade up to #60 play. He recently jumped 10 places on Drafttek's big board to #41, and he is already rated the #33 prospect on the aggregate big board of nflmockdraftdatabase.com. That said, he is only rated #104 and 8th TE on the33rdteam.com.

    Ready to move on if the consensus plays out, but for a dramatic slide down the board. We would have to give up too much to get near 30 to 40. IDL around 60 is the play IMO. If he were available at 108 absolute no-brainer!

    One of the guys that posted in this thread reminded me that WalterFootball is a good site to look at about prospects. If memory serves me right, it shows where they rank and when/where they're projected to be drafted..

    @flugel said:

    One of the guys that posted in this thread reminded me that WalterFootball is a good site to look at about prospects. If memory serves me right, it shows where they rank and when/where they're projected to be drafted..

    I've always been partial to drafttek & walter in combination for the draft.

  • To me, after maybe the first 10 picks of the 1st round, it is all based on uncertainty.  In every draft you have 1-2 guys selected way earlier than projected, and a few who go way later.

    Once that happens, it jumbles everything down the line.  Some GMs panic and that is where runs start,  Others figure at that point it is all balled up and just start taking players who are the best available, even when they don't seem to make a lot of sense.

  • Just a mock.  7 rounds using pro football network...no trades.

    • 74.
      Devon Achane
      RB Texas A&M
       
    • CLE
      98.
      Tyler Steen
      OT Alabama
       
    • CLE
      111.
      Jonathan Mingo
      WR Ole Miss
       
    • CLE
      126.
      Zach Harrison
      EDGE Ohio State
       
    • CLE
      140.
      Parker Washington
      WR Penn State
       
    • CLE
      142.
      Luke Schoonmaker
      TE Michigan
       
    • CLE
      190.
      Jalen Redmond
      DT Oklahoma
       
    • CLE
      229.
      Anthony Bradford
      OG LSU
       
     
  • Just a mock.  7 rounds using pro football network...no trades.

    • 74.
      Devon Achane
      RB Texas A&M
       
    • CLE
      98.
      Tyler Steen
      OT Alabama
       
    • CLE
      111.
      Jonathan Mingo
      WR Ole Miss
       
    • CLE
      126.
      Zach Harrison
      EDGE Ohio State
       
    • CLE
      140.
      Parker Washington
      WR Penn State
       
    • CLE
      142.
      Luke Schoonmaker
      TE Michigan
       
    • CLE
      190.
      Jalen Redmond
      DT Oklahoma
       
    • CLE
      229.
      Anthony Bradford
      OG LSU
       
     

    @ballpeen said:

    Just a mock.  7 rounds using pro football network...no trades.

    • 74.
      Devon Achane
      RB Texas A&M
       

    Bless Ur little pea pickin' heart. Speed kills.?

  • To me, after maybe the first 10 picks of the 1st round, it is all based on uncertainty.  In every draft you have 1-2 guys selected way earlier than projected, and a few who go way later.

    Once that happens, it jumbles everything down the line.  Some GMs panic and that is where runs start,  Others figure at that point it is all balled up and just start taking players who are the best available, even when they don't seem to make a lot of sense.

    @ballpeen said:

    To me, after maybe the first 10 picks of the 1st round, it is all based on uncertainty.  In every draft you have 1-2 guys selected way earlier than projected, and a few who go way later.

    Once that happens, it jumbles everything down the line.  Some GMs panic and that is where runs start,  Others figure at that point it is all balled up and just start taking players who are the best available, even when they don't seem to make a lot of sense.

    Can't say it any better than that!   I have fun familiarizing myself with the draft class so I have some sense of who were getting and who our rivals are getting.  Even with that, you never know what guys are going to pleasantly surprise or disappoint.

    Once the season gets going - it's also fun to see what guys guys come out of nowhere from the 6th or 7th round through the undrafted free agents.   That QB Brock Purdy for SF was Mr Irrelevant (the last pick of the draft) last year; and he closed the regular season undefeated with the handful of starts he had.  He looked impressive all the way until he got hurt against Philly in the post season.