Skip to content

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
481 19 32.3k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Here's a WR from Princeton that might interest you Cal.  His names is Andrei Iosivas and he stand 6'3" tall at 201lbs He ran a 4.43 forty at the combines and is currently projected to go between rounds 3 and 5.  

    He is interesting - he needs some serious coaching. If I were deciding, I'd have  a long sitdown with him and ask him how much he loves the game, find out about his character, loving to rise to his potential. He could become a real player in the NFL.

    or , he languishes with no love for the game and ends out of football.

    That is always an interest of mine - watching unheralded guys become bigtime NFL players. Some work at it every day, some never work at it. It's a gamble.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    He is interesting - he needs some serious coaching. If I were deciding, I'd have  a long sitdown with him and ask him how much he loves the game, find out about his character, loving to rise to his potential. He could become a real player in the NFL.

    or , he languishes with no love for the game and ends out of football.

    That is always an interest of mine - watching unheralded guys become bigtime NFL players. Some work at it every day, some never work at it. It's a gamble.

    Yeah, he's a little raw but I think there's some upside the right consumer will tap.  He tends to get a little too cozy with the body catches at times; but there's some nice catches with his hands.  He just needs to work on the consistency and improve some at high pointing the ball.  This video looks like he catches the ball when he's covered; but then again - Mack Wilson looked All Continent when we watched his greatest moments highlights.

    My guess is a lot of his issues look like they come from inexperience.  Looking at how excited he gets on film - it doesn't look like passion will be a problem.  And hey, he can spell Princeton right or he'd be wearing an LSU uniform...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I love when cal comes over here and talks about how important integrity and character is to him, and how that disappears the second he clicks over to the Poliboard ?

    It tickles the cockles of my heart. Hell, it might even tickle the sub-cockle part of my heart. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    He is interesting - he needs some serious coaching. If I were deciding, I'd have  a long sitdown with him and ask him how much he loves the game, find out about his character, loving to rise to his potential. He could become a real player in the NFL.

    or , he languishes with no love for the game and ends out of football.

    That is always an interest of mine - watching unheralded guys become bigtime NFL players. Some work at it every day, some never work at it. It's a gamble.

    Yeah, he's a little raw but I think there's some upside the right consumer will tap.  He tends to get a little too cozy with the body catches at times; but there's some nice catches with his hands.  He just needs to work on the consistency and improve some at high pointing the ball.  This video looks like he catches the ball when he's covered; but then again - Mack Wilson looked All Continent when we watched his greatest moments highlights.

    My guess is a lot of his issues look like they come from inexperience.  Looking at how excited he gets on film - it doesn't look like passion will be a problem.  And hey, he can spell Princeton right or he'd be wearing an LSU uniform...

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, he's a little raw but I think there's some upside the right consumer will tap.  He tends to get a little too cozy with the body catches at times; but there's some nice catches with his hands.  He just needs to work on the consistency and improve some at high pointing the ball.  This video looks like he catches the ball when he's covered; but then again - Mack Wilson looked All Continent when we watched his greatest moments highlights.

    My guess is a lot of his issues look like they come from inexperience.  Looking at how excited he gets on film - it doesn't look like passion will be a problem.  And hey, he can spell Princeton right or he'd be wearing an LSU uniform...

    LOL. yep

  • Look at this schedule from the 2013 Buffalo Bulls.   

    https://fbschedules.com/2013-buffalo-football-schedule/

    I'm not so sure I would draft Khalil Mack.  Not too many difficult teams there, the NFL is too big a jump IMO.

    .... Being a bit cheeky there, Tex.  If you can ball, you can ball.  Doesn't matter where you came from.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Look at this schedule from the 2013 Buffalo Bulls.   

    https://fbschedules.com/2013-buffalo-football-schedule/

    I'm not so sure I would draft Khalil Mack.  Not too many difficult teams there, the NFL is too big a jump IMO.

    .... Being a bit cheeky there, Tex.  If you can ball, you can ball.  Doesn't matter where you came from.  

    Put him on your list to watch over time and so will I. Just think he's not ready yet. Developmental player for a team with patience.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Been Busy.. Happy Easter !

    List of small school favorites include.. Karl Brooks,Viliami Fehoko,Jose Ramirez & Dorian Williams..

    The Browns pick ahead of Pittspuke in the 7th round.

    Interesting, if a visiting team takes a 7th round flyer to avoid the UDFA route... Similar mold/metrics to 

    Okoronkwo, Ogbo

    Div.II Lane's-- DE Andrew Farmer (doesn't matter where ya come from// they'll find ya ?)

    https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/pittsburgh-steelers-show-interest-in-small-school-edge-rusher-at-hbcu-combine/

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Off Topic: Hey guys I just posted a thread in the Barber Shop section and just wanted to mention it here where most of us click so it might get seen more.... Thanks in advance for looking and any insight you can give. 

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    You are not the only one noticing him. Recently jumped 70 places to #127 on Draftek's BB. And that's about as late as he gets projected. Others already have him as a rnd 3 pick. 

    Similar players (on paper) projected to be available around that time are: Tank Bigsby (Auburn), Kendre Miller (TCU) and Kenny McIntosh (Georgia).

    If none of those tickle your fancy, we may have to go the Isiah Pacheco late round gem route.

    And they have moved Achane up to #49 (mid 2nd round), but in their mock draft have him going to Miami in the 3rd @ # 84 after the Browns pick in the DL. Very strange.

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    And they have moved Achane up to #49 (mid 2nd round), but in their mock draft have him going to Miami in the 3rd @ # 84 after the Browns pick in the DL. Very strange.

    In most of the online mocks I've done so far, you see valued positions that are considered less deep being reached for. DT especially, but also O-line. Positions that are considered deep like Edge and WR tend to fall down the order.

    In the case of RBs, they are not valued as much, and while only Bijan Robinson is considered elite, there are a good two dozen that could go anywhere from late day 2 to day 3. Fairly deep in that sense. I think that's why they fall down the order too.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Current watch(ed) list as of this morning.

    RB - Deneric Prince - X UDFA
             Roschon Johnson  - * Day 3 (early?)
             Zach Evans - X Day 3 (later)
            Kendre Miller - X Day 3
            Sean Tucker - * Late Day 2, early Day 3?  

     edit:   Adding Devon Archane per the last conversation

             Devon Archane - * Day 3 

    X = pass

    * = Willing to draft

    May I ask why Sean Tucker pleases you? From what I've read, he is a speed back undersized in both height and frame, with good hands that make him a receiving option. Sounds like Demetric Felton 2.0 to me, and we already have 1.0 under contract. That's why I've regularly passed on him in my online mocks.  

  • Off Topic: Hey guys I just posted a thread in the Barber Shop section and just wanted to mention it here where most of us click so it might get seen more.... Thanks in advance for looking and any insight you can give. 

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Off Topic: Hey guys I just posted a thread in the Barber Shop section and just wanted to mention it here where most of us click so it might get seen more.... Thanks in advance for looking and any insight you can give. 

    There's a Barbershop section?

    shaquille-o-neal-cat.gif

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And they have moved Achane up to #49 (mid 2nd round), but in their mock draft have him going to Miami in the 3rd @ # 84 after the Browns pick in the DL. Very strange.

    In most of the online mocks I've done so far, you see valued positions that are considered less deep being reached for. DT especially, but also O-line. Positions that are considered deep like Edge and WR tend to fall down the order.

    In the case of RBs, they are not valued as much, and while only Bijan Robinson is considered elite, there are a good two dozen that could go anywhere from late day 2 to day 3. Fairly deep in that sense. I think that's why they fall down the order too.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Current watch(ed) list as of this morning.

    RB - Deneric Prince - X UDFA
             Roschon Johnson  - * Day 3 (early?)
             Zach Evans - X Day 3 (later)
            Kendre Miller - X Day 3
            Sean Tucker - * Late Day 2, early Day 3?  

     edit:   Adding Devon Archane per the last conversation

             Devon Archane - * Day 3 

    X = pass

    * = Willing to draft

    May I ask why Sean Tucker pleases you? From what I've read, he is a speed back undersized in both height and frame, with good hands that make him a receiving option. Sounds like Demetric Felton 2.0 to me, and we already have 1.0 under contract. That's why I've regularly passed on him in my online mocks.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    May I ask why Sean Tucker pleases you? From what I've read, he is a speed back undersized in both height and frame, with good hands that make him a receiving option. Sounds like Demetric Felton 2.0 to me, and we already have 1.0 under contract. That's why I've regularly passed on him in my online mocks.  

     As long as you never phrase it like that again.

     He's undersized in the fact that he isn't 5'11 225lbs.  But he isn't undersized in the way of Felton.  5'9 3/4 and 210lbs is pretty solid.    What I like 

    - Built low, runs low.

    - Good burst, good top end. Decent lateral movement to win the edge. 

    - Shows some patience on the interior game

    - Good hole press with his eyes, shoulders and feet.  

    - Ball security doesn't appear to be an issue.

    - Quality hands in the screen and checkdown game, then turning it into YAC.  

     I don't see any elite qualities, but I see one's where I can get a productive back late that can handle all of the same responsibilities as Chubb on 10 to 12 touches.  And the flashes of what I see indicate the more subtle nuances and tools of RB are there, meaning coach Stump will get the most out of those types of picks.  

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    The Browns used a 3rd round pick #77 to draft RB Duke Johnson in 2015..combine 5'9' 209 lbs ran 4.54.. was not the most durable running inside.

    Kareem Hunt was another 3rd round pick at #86. 5'10 216 lbs with a 4.62/40.. hair on fire, scared of nobody 

    Demetric Felton was the same combine height as Duke/ a tick slower at pro day 4.55 & only weighing in at 189 lbs... a 6th round pick

    Jerome Ford was a 5th round pick at 5'10" 209 lbs that ran a 4.46..? next man up to get some reps

    Beast Nick Chubb... 5' 11" 227 lbs moving at 4.52 ?

    I'd like to see Berry stay at 5'10" / 2 bills plus lbs... 4th round or after

  • The Browns used a 3rd round pick #77 to draft RB Duke Johnson in 2015..combine 5'9' 209 lbs ran 4.54.. was not the most durable running inside.

    Kareem Hunt was another 3rd round pick at #86. 5'10 216 lbs with a 4.62/40.. hair on fire, scared of nobody 

    Demetric Felton was the same combine height as Duke/ a tick slower at pro day 4.55 & only weighing in at 189 lbs... a 6th round pick

    Jerome Ford was a 5th round pick at 5'10" 209 lbs that ran a 4.46..? next man up to get some reps

    Beast Nick Chubb... 5' 11" 227 lbs moving at 4.52 ?

    I'd like to see Berry stay at 5'10" / 2 bills plus lbs... 4th round or after

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    The Browns used a 3rd round pick #77 to draft RB Duke Johnson in 2015..combine 5'9' 209 lbs ran 4.54.. was not the most durable running inside.

    Kareem Hunt was another 3rd round pick at #86. 5'10 216 lbs with a 4.62/40.. hair on fire, scared of nobody 

    Demetric Felton was the same combine height as Duke/ a tick slower at pro day 4.55 & only weighing in at 189 lbs... a 6th rd pick

    Jerome Ford was a 5th round pick at 5'10" 209 lbs that ran a 4.46..? next man up to get some reps

    Beast Nick Chubb... 5' 11" 227 lbs moving at 4.52 ?

    I'd like to see Berry stay at 5'10" / 2 bills plus lbs... 4th round or after

    I'm fine with Ford being the next man up. Ford scored 20 TDs as the #1 prong of attack for a team team that made the BCS playoffs for the 1st time.  I posted about this somewhere else and shared highlights of his final season at the U of Cincy.  The guy he reminded me a lot of coming out of college is Kareem Hunt.  

  • The Browns used a 3rd round pick #77 to draft RB Duke Johnson in 2015..combine 5'9' 209 lbs ran 4.54.. was not the most durable running inside.

    Kareem Hunt was another 3rd round pick at #86. 5'10 216 lbs with a 4.62/40.. hair on fire, scared of nobody 

    Demetric Felton was the same combine height as Duke/ a tick slower at pro day 4.55 & only weighing in at 189 lbs... a 6th round pick

    Jerome Ford was a 5th round pick at 5'10" 209 lbs that ran a 4.46..? next man up to get some reps

    Beast Nick Chubb... 5' 11" 227 lbs moving at 4.52 ?

    I'd like to see Berry stay at 5'10" / 2 bills plus lbs... 4th round or after

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    The Browns used a 3rd round pick #77 to draft RB Duke Johnson in 2015..combine 5'9' 209 lbs ran 4.54.. was not the most durable running inside.

    Kareem Hunt was another 3rd round pick at #86. 5'10 216 lbs with a 4.62/40.. hair on fire, scared of nobody 

    Demetric Felton was the same combine height as Duke/ a tick slower at pro day 4.55 & only weighing in at 189 lbs... a 6th round pick

    Jerome Ford was a 5th round pick at 5'10" 209 lbs that ran a 4.46..? next man up to get some reps

    Beast Nick Chubb... 5' 11" 227 lbs moving at 4.52 ?

    I'd like to see Berry stay at 5'10" / 2 bills plus lbs... 4th round or after

    I don't care about the height so much.  I do like speed with a thick build.  In other words, a guy 5'8" can be 185 lbs.  If a guy looks frail, he probably is.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    Ford also didn't get as much college usage as some of these multi-year starters even though he was just as high of a prospect.  Hopefully Ford will have a longer RB career than others.

  • @gumby73 said:

    The Browns used a 3rd round pick #77 to draft RB Duke Johnson in 2015..combine 5'9' 209 lbs ran 4.54.. was not the most durable running inside.

    Kareem Hunt was another 3rd round pick at #86. 5'10 216 lbs with a 4.62/40.. hair on fire, scared of nobody 

    Demetric Felton was the same combine height as Duke/ a tick slower at pro day 4.55 & only weighing in at 189 lbs... a 6th round pick

    Jerome Ford was a 5th round pick at 5'10" 209 lbs that ran a 4.46..? next man up to get some reps

    Beast Nick Chubb... 5' 11" 227 lbs moving at 4.52 ?

    I'd like to see Berry stay at 5'10" / 2 bills plus lbs... 4th round or after

    I don't care about the height so much.  I do like speed with a thick build.  In other words, a guy 5'8" can be 185 lbs.  If a guy looks frail, he probably is.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't care about the height so much.  I do like speed with a thick build.  

    Calm down there, Elton. ?

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't care about the height so much.  I do like speed with a thick build.  

    Calm down there, Elton. ?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Calm down there, Elton. ?

    I guess I missed the humor.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

     Zach Evans, RB Ole Miss.

    Solid build, probably room for more quality mass.   I like his straight line speed, has a little lateral shake to him, but not enough to gut anybody when he's met in a gap.  A willing blocker if unspectacular and appears to catch well enough out of the backfield.   At times I question his vision in both right to left cut flow and his eyes/anticipation to 2nd level defenders. I say that because he tends to cut late, hug almost too close to his blockers and either getting his footwork messed up, tripped or ending up in the back of his lineman. When he does, I give him credit for being strong, moving bodies, and fighting to gain positive yards; but that won't hold up at the NFL.   Those late decisions, late recognition, will slow down his ability to get beyond the LoS taking less contact than what he should have.   While he isn't as bad Deneric Prince, he still tries to go full zoom behind the LoS and losses his patience on multiple occasions,  Also tends to run a bit high and in front of his pads... generally another sign of just wanting to sprint to the hole. 

     Can't see him as anything ahead of a mid to late Day 3 pick.   I'd rather the Browns pass on him (for now)

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    Please don't ask that.  He's been my favorite player since he got here.  He's a throwback to the type of player that I grew up with.  Score a great touchdown, hand the ball to the official.  - Please don't do that to me.

    you mean like this guy he either drops the ball or hands it to the ref oh if you do watch he is a two way player qb fb lb and has a 6th or 7th round draft status

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    you mean like this guy he either drops the ball or hands it to the ref oh if you do watch he is a two way player qb fb lb and has a 6th or 7th round draft status

    again this guy played fb,lb,te a very versatile player that Berry likes to draft and would fit right in special teams oh and did i mention he could be are emergency qb ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    and this sorry it's from the broncos 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    A couple of things on the upcoming draft for the Browns.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/video/nfl-draft-2023-cleveland-browns-biggest-needs-include-defense-weapons

    https://theathletic.com/4350629/2023/04/13/cleveland-browns-nfl-draft-picks-needs-predictions-guide/

    EDIT-Browns met with Florida's DT Gervon Dexter yesterday in pre-draft interview.

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    How much stock do you guys put into combine results? Both on how you see players, and your expectation where they are drafted. 

    Some examples for discussion:

    Siaki Ika, DL, Baylor was brought to the table by @dutch-oven and @tiamat63, but had a pretty terrible combine. Scored in the lowest percentiles historically for his position for the 40, 10, 3 cone and shuttle. Arguably not the most relevant to DL, but still indicative of lacking athleticism. Bench press could have redeemed all that in my view, but he did not participate. It is almost like he couldn't be bothered. 

    That said, this class is so lacking in quality interior guys, that he barely slid on big boards. But what do we think? He should be available late in the 2nd, where we can realistically trade up to. Would definitely fill a need for us, but is he still the right guy? Is it a matter of combine be damned, he has the size and shown in college that he knows how to use it?

    Andre Carter II, EDGE/ LB Army got quite the hype train going around him before the combine, and I was aboard for the ride. Billed as a "hyper athlete" who's only weakness was supposed to be a lack of mass due to Army regulations. Something easily fixed in a pro weight room, combined with frequent trips to Chick-Fil-A. He also put up stellar numbers as a junior in 2021, before seeing teams make adjustments specifically for him in 2022. 

    But the combine came, where he put up godawful numbers in anything but the 3 cone. Godawful, meaning single digit percentiles in the 40 and bench. The very opposite of an actual hyper athlete like Miles, who performed in the upper 90 percentiles. To my surprise, he has not dropped much on most big boards, and is projected late 2nd, early 3rd. I have cooled on him to the point I would barely spend a late rounder on him.

    Yaya Diaby, EDGE, Louisville on the other hand did put up Myles' numbers. To my astonishment, this has barely moved the needle on many boards. On PPF for example, he falls outside their top 150, making him a mid 5th pick at best. I would consider him in the 3rd and jump at the chance to draft him in the 4th, but fear he may be gone much earlier. Am I putting too much stock in his combine performance?

    Blake Freeland, OT, BYU also put up elite numbers in the 40, broad, and set a new Combine record for offensive linemen with a vertical jump of 37 inches. He is still projected as a 3rd, or early 4th pick. Given the utter disappointment that is Jedrick Wills, and Conklin being made out of glass, he would seem to be a great addition for us where he is projected. Again, I fear he may be gone much sooner.