Skip to content

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
481 19 32.3k 1
  • Denaric Prince. Hope he can catch on with some team.

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deneric-prince/32005052-4948-2971-4589-5cd8f3fc56b0

    Prospect Info

    College
    Tulsa
    Hometown
    Class
    Manvel, TX
    R-Senior
     
    Height
    6’ 0’’
    Weight
    216 lbs
    Arm
    31 1/4’’
    Hand
    9 1/4’’

    Prospect Grade

    5.68
    Candidate for bottom of roster or practice squad
     
    PrimaryHorizontalLight-Raw.png
    70Good
  • https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/deneric-prince

    rated here as an UDFA.

    If you had a place for him on your roster, and he fit what you needed.... a late round pick might make sense.

    Reminds me of Larry Poole, of Kent State. Was a 9th round pick by the Browns. Powerful/fast, etc. Stayed in the NFL for few years, let go, signed by the Oilers but never played I think.

  • For anyone interested in joining, I'll be giving a solid going-over of Deneric Prince, RB Tulsa starting ... now.  On TBB discord, starting with his game against Cincy. 

    https://discord.gg/Ux2vNUkR

     Remember, I share my screen.  So all you have to do is enter the program, join the chat and you're in.  You'll see everything I do and work on.

    @tiamat63 said:

    For anyone interested in joining, I'll be giving a solid going-over of Deneric Prince, RB Tulsa starting ... now.  On TBB discord, starting with his game against Cincy. 

    https://discord.gg/Ux2vNUkR

     Remember, I share my screen.  So all you have to do is enter the program, join the chat and you're in.  You'll see everything I do and work on.

    We saw him play against Temple High I believe the year Temple beat them and ended up playing Highland Park in Jerryworld for the state championship. A very good receiver back then.

    EDIT: Nah I was thinking of his teammate Preston who now plays for A&M. Prince was the RB who also signed with A&M but transferred to Tulsa. Just not as good as 3 or 4 ahead of him.

  • Re: Prince 

     I'm basically working from the bottom up for day 3 RB's.  I started here because a friend of mine said he lit the RAS numbers up.  I'll be real, RB is the top position where RAS means absolutely fucking nothing to me.  And DP sort of proves why.   I watched 3 games.  Vs Cincy, Temple and SMU. 

     Holy hell, was it bad.   

    - Vision and anticipation are spotty at best. Runs himself into traffic quite a bit. 

    - Inconsistent pad level 

    - Poor contact balance and minimizing strike area 

    - "heavy" feet 

    - poor lateral explosion and change of direction 

    - lacks patience and pacing behind LoS. Wants to take the ball and sprint. 

    - Eyes and feet rarely press the hole. Tends to telegraph where he's going and invites LBs to him.  I honestly feel like he guesses his hole presnap and fails to understand his post snap read point and located/understanding leverage. Which is why he tends to do better with a lead in front of him. Helps remove a lot of the 'thinking' for RBs on a follow. 

    - questionable ball security. 3 fumbles in 126 carries.... Yikes 

    - Decent hands when catching 

    - Runs tough and keeps his feet driving forward 

    - solid straight line speed to take it the distance

     It's a hard no from me. Likely from about any GM. He has vision, ball security and footwork problems. Those are the 3 killers for any RB, the first 2 especially.    I can only sum it up by saying Prince is just an incredibly inefficient runner.  Failing to generate even expected yardage against what is blocked.   He did well against bottom feeders then averaged 3.6ypc against the rest.  That won't do in the NFL. He might be drafted late 7th for special teams?  That's about it, if some GM is hammered drunk. Likely undrafted all together.  He's easily the worst back I've watched this year.   Not like he isn't physically capable...  His between the ears really is lacking for the position.  

    UDFA

  • @tiamat63 said:

    It's why I don't partake in mock drafts unless I'm attempting emulate what I genuinely feel would be the consensus for BPA/Need for the Browns as from, what I would feel, is the perspective of administration.

    bs. you don't do mock drafts because it is so hard, nobody can get it mostly right.

       your belligerent, childish ego can't handle being wrong, and just like most anybody else, you would fail to nail them, too.  You don't need to respond, just DO a mock draft, and everybody else will see that it's true.

    @calfoxwc said:

    bs. you don't do mock drafts because it is so hard, nobody can get it mostly right.

       your belligerent, childish ego can't handle being wrong, and just like most anybody else, you would fail to nail them, too.  You don't need to respond, just DO a mock draft, and everybody else will see that it's true.

    catturd is still very butthurt at you tia.

    Something over at the Poliboard must have him very, very agitated. ?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    bs. you don't do mock drafts because it is so hard, nobody can get it mostly right.

       your belligerent, childish ego can't handle being wrong, and just like most anybody else, you would fail to nail them, too.  You don't need to respond, just DO a mock draft, and everybody else will see that it's true.

    catturd is still very butthurt at you tia.

    Something over at the Poliboard must have him very, very agitated. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    catturd is still very butthurt at you tia.

    okay-then-paul-rudd.gif

    At this point, unless I read/hear something intelligent or honest, I don't have the patience or time to bother responding.  

    Mostly the former.

    edit: If ol' boy wants to talk shop, he's more than welcomed to.  Beyond that?  Hard pass.

  • Roschon Johson  RB, Texas.

    - Good pad level

    - Good first step burst, shows some stop/start with it.

    - Quality hole press with eyes and shoulders, not bringing traffic to him.

    - Creates contact and balances off it.  Has moments where he delivers some punishment to. 

    - Willing and reliable blocker.  The way he goes after DB's reminds me of Zeke Elliot at OSU.  He looks for work when he's asked to lead and the ball isn't in his hands. Very unselfish player.

    - Pretty ideal size.  6'ft 215-220lbs.  

    - Alright hands out of the backfield.  Sort of in the same mold that Chubb and Hunt are.  Not athletic pass catchers, but they'll work the screen, flat and checkdown game just fine.  

    - Consistent running style that generates positive yardage.  Didn't really see him take many TFL or TFNG.  

    - Shows some patience behind the LoS waiting for his blocks to develop.  Can get a bit ahead of himself at times as well, but it isn't awful or routine.

    - Dances at times trying to make 2nd level defenders miss laterally.  He's decent enough, but he isn't Jamaal Charles.  

    - Only took more than 100 carries in a season once, so there isn't a ton of wear on his body coming into the league.

     For me, I see an unpolished player with a reasonable floor who shows flashes.  But one that Coach Stump can really take and mold him into an effective and consistent NFL back with some decent upside.    A one cut, single back plug and play on the cheap type.

     So far, this is my day 3 RB target.  The only problem, while I'd slot him 4th round, are teams getting trigger happy at the potential development and him going VERY late 3rd round?   Gut says, with position runs, middle round 4...  but then dumb shit happens and he's still there late round 4 as well.          Feeling says early-ish day 3.  But I like what I saw in the 3 games I watched (Bama, UTSA, KState)

  • Roschon Johson  RB, Texas.

    - Good pad level

    - Good first step burst, shows some stop/start with it.

    - Quality hole press with eyes and shoulders, not bringing traffic to him.

    - Creates contact and balances off it.  Has moments where he delivers some punishment to. 

    - Willing and reliable blocker.  The way he goes after DB's reminds me of Zeke Elliot at OSU.  He looks for work when he's asked to lead and the ball isn't in his hands. Very unselfish player.

    - Pretty ideal size.  6'ft 215-220lbs.  

    - Alright hands out of the backfield.  Sort of in the same mold that Chubb and Hunt are.  Not athletic pass catchers, but they'll work the screen, flat and checkdown game just fine.  

    - Consistent running style that generates positive yardage.  Didn't really see him take many TFL or TFNG.  

    - Shows some patience behind the LoS waiting for his blocks to develop.  Can get a bit ahead of himself at times as well, but it isn't awful or routine.

    - Dances at times trying to make 2nd level defenders miss laterally.  He's decent enough, but he isn't Jamaal Charles.  

    - Only took more than 100 carries in a season once, so there isn't a ton of wear on his body coming into the league.

     For me, I see an unpolished player with a reasonable floor who shows flashes.  But one that Coach Stump can really take and mold him into an effective and consistent NFL back with some decent upside.    A one cut, single back plug and play on the cheap type.

     So far, this is my day 3 RB target.  The only problem, while I'd slot him 4th round, are teams getting trigger happy at the potential development and him going VERY late 3rd round?   Gut says, with position runs, middle round 4...  but then dumb shit happens and he's still there late round 4 as well.          Feeling says early-ish day 3.  But I like what I saw in the 3 games I watched (Bama, UTSA, KState)

    @tiamat63 said:

    Roschon Johson  RB, Texas.

    So far, this is my day 3 RB target.  The only problem, while I'd slot him 4th round, are teams getting trigger happy at the potential development and him going VERY late 3rd round?   Gut says, with position runs, middle round 4...  but then dumb shit happens and he's still there late round 4 as well.          Feeling says early-ish day 3.  But I like what I saw in the 3 games I watched (Bama, UTSA, KState)

    You are not the only one noticing him. Recently jumped 70 places to #127 on Draftek's BB. And that's about as late as he gets projected. Others already have him as a rnd 3 pick. 

    Similar players (on paper) projected to be available around that time are: Tank Bigsby (Auburn), Kendre Miller (TCU) and Kenny McIntosh (Georgia).

    If none of those tickle your fancy, we may have to go the Isiah Pacheco late round gem route.

  • Does Nick Chubb's contract expire after the 2024 season?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Roschon Johson  RB, Texas.

    So far, this is my day 3 RB target.  The only problem, while I'd slot him 4th round, are teams getting trigger happy at the potential development and him going VERY late 3rd round?   Gut says, with position runs, middle round 4...  but then dumb shit happens and he's still there late round 4 as well.          Feeling says early-ish day 3.  But I like what I saw in the 3 games I watched (Bama, UTSA, KState)

    You are not the only one noticing him. Recently jumped 70 places to #127 on Draftek's BB. And that's about as late as he gets projected. Others already have him as a rnd 3 pick. 

    Similar players (on paper) projected to be available around that time are: Tank Bigsby (Auburn), Kendre Miller (TCU) and Kenny McIntosh (Georgia).

    If none of those tickle your fancy, we may have to go the Isiah Pacheco late round gem route.

    @korsou-dawg said:

    You are not the only one noticing him. Recently jumped 70 places to #127 on Draftek's BB. And that's about as late as he gets projected. Others already have him as a rnd 3 pick. 

    Similar players (on paper) projected to be available around that time are: Tank Bigsby (Auburn), Kendre Miller (TCU) and Kenny McIntosh (Georgia).

    If none of those tickle your fancy, we may have to go the Isiah Pacheco late round gem route.

    And they have moved Achane up to #49 (mid 2nd round), but in their mock draft have him going to Miami in the 3rd @ # 84 after the Browns pick in the DL. Very strange.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Roschon Johson  RB, Texas.

    So far, this is my day 3 RB target.  The only problem, while I'd slot him 4th round, are teams getting trigger happy at the potential development and him going VERY late 3rd round?   Gut says, with position runs, middle round 4...  but then dumb shit happens and he's still there late round 4 as well.          Feeling says early-ish day 3.  But I like what I saw in the 3 games I watched (Bama, UTSA, KState)

    You are not the only one noticing him. Recently jumped 70 places to #127 on Draftek's BB. And that's about as late as he gets projected. Others already have him as a rnd 3 pick. 

    Similar players (on paper) projected to be available around that time are: Tank Bigsby (Auburn), Kendre Miller (TCU) and Kenny McIntosh (Georgia).

    If none of those tickle your fancy, we may have to go the Isiah Pacheco late round gem route.

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Similar players (on paper) projected to be available around that time are: Tank Bigsby (Auburn), Kendre Miller (TCU) and Kenny McIntosh (Georgia).

    Current watch(ed) list as of this morning.

    RB - Deneric Prince - X UDFA
             Roschon Johnson  - * Day 3 (early?)
             Zach Evans - X Day 3 (later)
            Kendre Miller - X Day 3
            Sean Tucker - * Late Day 2, early Day 3?  

     edit:   Adding Devon Archane per the last conversation

             Devon Archane - * Day 3 

    X = pass

    * = Willing to draft

    Currently working on Tank Bigsby.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Does Nick Chubb's contract expire after the 2024 season?

    Yes

  • offhand, I love to find the "unknown" steals of the draft - from small schools.

       I tend to imagine "they" won't notice some highly skilled kid from a small school, but of course, they eventually do everytime, even if they don't get an invite to the combine.

    too bad, eh?

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066354-small-school-prospects-who-will-rise-up-draft-boards-at-the-2023-nfl-combine

    I think Rice and Peoples have my strongest keen interest, but I like every one of them. I would love to take a chance on Carter, but with no #1 or #2 now....

    dammit.

  • offhand, I love to find the "unknown" steals of the draft - from small schools.

       I tend to imagine "they" won't notice some highly skilled kid from a small school, but of course, they eventually do everytime, even if they don't get an invite to the combine.

    too bad, eh?

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066354-small-school-prospects-who-will-rise-up-draft-boards-at-the-2023-nfl-combine

    I think Rice and Peoples have my strongest keen interest, but I like every one of them. I would love to take a chance on Carter, but with no #1 or #2 now....

    dammit.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think Rice and Peoples have my strongest keen interest, but I like every one of them. I would love to take a chance on Carter, but with no #1 or #2 now....

    dammit.

    I'm not so sure I would draft Carter because of his limited time against superior offenses. This is their schedule / scores from last season. Not too many difficult teams there. NFL is too big a jump IMO.

    https://goarmywestpoint.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

  • Holy shitballs, the Draft is in three weeks!

    It really sneaks up on you when it feels like a decade since the last time we drafted in the first couple of rounds ?

  • offhand, I love to find the "unknown" steals of the draft - from small schools.

       I tend to imagine "they" won't notice some highly skilled kid from a small school, but of course, they eventually do everytime, even if they don't get an invite to the combine.

    too bad, eh?

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066354-small-school-prospects-who-will-rise-up-draft-boards-at-the-2023-nfl-combine

    I think Rice and Peoples have my strongest keen interest, but I like every one of them. I would love to take a chance on Carter, but with no #1 or #2 now....

    dammit.

    @calfoxwc said:

    offhand, I love to find the "unknown" steals of the draft - from small schools.

       I tend to imagine "they" won't notice some highly skilled kid from a small school, but of course, they eventually do everytime, even if they don't get an invite to the combine.

    too bad, eh?

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066354-small-school-prospects-who-will-rise-up-draft-boards-at-the-2023-nfl-combine

    I think Rice and Peoples have my strongest keen interest, but I like every one of them. I would love to take a chance on Carter, but with no #1 or #2 now....

    dammit.

    Here's a WR from Princeton that might interest you Cal.  His names is Andrei Iosivas and he stand 6'3" tall at 201lbs He ran a 4.43 forty at the combines and is currently projected to go between rounds 3 and 5.  

  • Look at this schedule from the 2013 Buffalo Bulls.   

    https://fbschedules.com/2013-buffalo-football-schedule/

    I'm not so sure I would draft Khalil Mack.  Not too many difficult teams there, the NFL is too big a jump IMO.

    .... Being a bit cheeky there, Tex.  If you can ball, you can ball.  Doesn't matter where you came from.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    offhand, I love to find the "unknown" steals of the draft - from small schools.

       I tend to imagine "they" won't notice some highly skilled kid from a small school, but of course, they eventually do everytime, even if they don't get an invite to the combine.

    too bad, eh?

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066354-small-school-prospects-who-will-rise-up-draft-boards-at-the-2023-nfl-combine

    I think Rice and Peoples have my strongest keen interest, but I like every one of them. I would love to take a chance on Carter, but with no #1 or #2 now....

    dammit.

    Here's a WR from Princeton that might interest you Cal.  His names is Andrei Iosivas and he stand 6'3" tall at 201lbs He ran a 4.43 forty at the combines and is currently projected to go between rounds 3 and 5.  

    @flugel said:

    Here's a WR from Princeton that might interest you Cal.  His names is Andrei Iosivas and he stand 6'3" tall at 201lbs He ran a 4.43 forty at the combines and is currently projected to go between rounds 3 and 5.  

    He is interesting - he needs some serious coaching. If I were deciding, I'd have  a long sitdown with him and ask him how much he loves the game, find out about his character, loving to rise to his potential. He could become a real player in the NFL.

    or , he languishes with no love for the game and ends out of football.

    That is always an interest of mine - watching unheralded guys become bigtime NFL players. Some work at it every day, some never work at it. It's a gamble.

  • @flugel said:

    Here's a WR from Princeton that might interest you Cal.  His names is Andrei Iosivas and he stand 6'3" tall at 201lbs He ran a 4.43 forty at the combines and is currently projected to go between rounds 3 and 5.  

    He is interesting - he needs some serious coaching. If I were deciding, I'd have  a long sitdown with him and ask him how much he loves the game, find out about his character, loving to rise to his potential. He could become a real player in the NFL.

    or , he languishes with no love for the game and ends out of football.

    That is always an interest of mine - watching unheralded guys become bigtime NFL players. Some work at it every day, some never work at it. It's a gamble.

    @calfoxwc said:

    He is interesting - he needs some serious coaching. If I were deciding, I'd have  a long sitdown with him and ask him how much he loves the game, find out about his character, loving to rise to his potential. He could become a real player in the NFL.

    or , he languishes with no love for the game and ends out of football.

    That is always an interest of mine - watching unheralded guys become bigtime NFL players. Some work at it every day, some never work at it. It's a gamble.

    Yeah, he's a little raw but I think there's some upside the right consumer will tap.  He tends to get a little too cozy with the body catches at times; but there's some nice catches with his hands.  He just needs to work on the consistency and improve some at high pointing the ball.  This video looks like he catches the ball when he's covered; but then again - Mack Wilson looked All Continent when we watched his greatest moments highlights.

    My guess is a lot of his issues look like they come from inexperience.  Looking at how excited he gets on film - it doesn't look like passion will be a problem.  And hey, he can spell Princeton right or he'd be wearing an LSU uniform...

  • I love when cal comes over here and talks about how important integrity and character is to him, and how that disappears the second he clicks over to the Poliboard ?

    It tickles the cockles of my heart. Hell, it might even tickle the sub-cockle part of my heart.