Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Bills

The Browns Board
31 10 1.5k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    This really seems like the game will be moved to Detroit.

    2-4 feet of snow starting tonight, at times the winds could be up to 35mph, as much as 3 inches a snow a hour at times. 

    Didn’t we play them in similar conditions 15 years ago? 
     

    Dawson kicked two FGs and we won

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Didn’t we play them in similar conditions 15 years ago? 
     

    Dawson kicked two FGs and we won

    That was a light dusting in comparison to what is probably starting to hit Buffalo right now. 

  • CAN the browns win? Sure can. 

    WILL THEY? lol. No. 

  • I wonder what the finances are like when an nfl game is moved to a neutral stadium?  Like, how much does the stadium owner charge?  Who pays all of the stadium workers and security?  How much does the home team lose for a game's worth of concessions and merch? 

    So, since the weather was going to be fine on Sunday for the game....they would've moved the game whether the Bills had a domed stadium or not....we are to assume.  

  • I wonder what the finances are like when an nfl game is moved to a neutral stadium?  Like, how much does the stadium owner charge?  Who pays all of the stadium workers and security?  How much does the home team lose for a game's worth of concessions and merch? 

    So, since the weather was going to be fine on Sunday for the game....they would've moved the game whether the Bills had a domed stadium or not....we are to assume.  

    @orion said:

    I wonder what the finances are like when an nfl game is moved to a neutral stadium?  Like, how much does the stadium owner charge?  Who pays all of the stadium workers and security?  How much does the home team lose for a game's worth of concessions and merch? 

    So, since the weather was going to be fine on Sunday for the game....they would've moved the game whether the Bills had a domed stadium or not....we are to assume.  

    The snow warning extended to 1pm Sunday, when the game was to start. (Last I saw, this morning)

    So, even if it had actually stopped snowing at the opening kickoff, they would still have had a helluva time getting anyone in to clear the field and stands of a ton of snow in the days leading up to the game. Now, a domed stadium would have eliminated the need to do that, but if everything was shut down leading up to the game, I think it might have still been moved. 

  • With the game in Detroit, the passing is the part of the game that is enhanced the most.  Buffalo, the #2 passing team in the league, would be the team benefiting the most by the venue change.  Of course, as we know, all they need to do is run up the middle.   

  • So, What happened?

    The 7th ranked run defense decided that they were going to stop our 5th ranked run offense and make us beat them with our career backup starting QB.  And once again, the career backup played a solid game...over 300 yards, 3 TD's and 0 Int's.  

    The 10th ranked run offense ran it 33 times at our dismal run defense to the tune of 171 yards.  

    I think our DB's made passing something that wasn't as easy as Buffalo would've liked.  Although I don't know how Diggs is running around all alone in our end zone.

    All and all it wound up about as expected with the exception of Brissett playing a little better game than anticipated.  

    .....finally, our special teams lost to the Bills' special teams.  One thing we've hopefully learned....tee the ball upright and kick the top of the ball for an onside kick.  Don't do the 'laying the ball sideways' thing anymore.  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    We honestly need to keep it together as a team, and as fans, until next year. I know...I KNOW we are all tired of this, but I have every confidence we're going to be absolutely electric with Watson. 

    I don't...

    @nickers said:

    I don't

    I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

  • @nickers said:

    I don't

    I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

    @nickers said:

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

    ...ain't it the truth though.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm not saying it'll be perfect right away, but Watson opens up everything. Nick Chubb will see fewer stacked boxes, 3rd and shorts could easily be a QB run and that stresses the defense, his release is infinitely quicker, etc. I'm excited. 

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

    @nickers said:

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

    LOL, you got me there. However, Watson is still very much in his prime. I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff. For example, our best running play for the past several weeks has been from the shotgun. Well, the defense never had to respect the qb keeping it and we STILL killed it. Well, they overcommit now and it's 15 yards minimum. That's just one example of how things will change. 

  • @nickers said:

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

    LOL, you got me there. However, Watson is still very much in his prime. I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff. For example, our best running play for the past several weeks has been from the shotgun. Well, the defense never had to respect the qb keeping it and we STILL killed it. Well, they overcommit now and it's 15 yards minimum. That's just one example of how things will change. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    LOL, you got me there. However, Watson is still very much in his prime. I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff. For example, our best running play for the past several weeks has been from the shotgun. Well, the defense never had to respect the qb keeping it and we STILL killed it. Well, they overcommit now and it's 15 yards minimum. That's just one example of how things will change. 

    Sein' is believin'

  • @nickers said:

    We will see... People magically regress when they get to Cleveland historically...

    LOL, you got me there. However, Watson is still very much in his prime. I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff. For example, our best running play for the past several weeks has been from the shotgun. Well, the defense never had to respect the qb keeping it and we STILL killed it. Well, they overcommit now and it's 15 yards minimum. That's just one example of how things will change. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I honestly can't wait to see some of the read-option stuff.

    I don't like my QB's to be a ball carrier.  Either hand it off or drop back to throw.  That's what Elway did.  And from there, when nobody was open, is where he demoralized the defense with his legs.  From the pocket the QB can pick a safe escape, run upfield with a good view of everything, and get down before trouble reaches him.   I don't like QB's trotting down the LOS.  But that's just me.