Skip to content

FUCK buffalo

The Browns Board
27 10 1.4k 1
  • Id need a stepladder.

  • They invented wings

    @kvoethe said:

    They invented wings

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

  • @kvoethe said:

    They invented wings

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    @nickers said:

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

  • @nickers said:

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

    @kvoethe said:

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

    I said in Ohio

  • @kvoethe said:

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

    I said in Ohio

    @nickers said:

    I said in Ohio

    Doesnt fit the OP topic lol.

  • @nickers said:

    I said in Ohio

    Doesnt fit the OP topic lol.

    @kvoethe said:

    Doesnt fit the OP topic lol.

    Do I care?... Nope!

  • @kvoethe said:

    They invented wings

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    @nickers said:

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    Never heard of a place called Our Bar and Restaurant. 

  • @nickers said:

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

    @kvoethe said:

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

    I thought it was the Anchor Bar?

    https://anchorbar.com/

  • @kvoethe said:

    Duffs in Buffalo gets the credit I believe.

    I thought it was the Anchor Bar?

    https://anchorbar.com/

    @dutch-oven said:

    I thought it was the Anchor Bar?

    https://anchorbar.com/

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I thought it was the Anchor Bar?

    https://anchorbar.com/

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    @flugel said:

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! ? (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

    I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

  • @nickers said:

    Our Bar and restaurant was the first establishment in Ohio to sell Buffalo Wings back in the 80's

    Never heard of a place called Our Bar and Restaurant. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Never heard of a place called Our Bar and Restaurant. 

    It was called The Old Town Tavern... We sold the business back in 96.. It's now owned and run by a group from California. They changed it to Tavern Six... I'm not a fan of the place... Every time Ive gone there... The food has been lousy... They over cook the burgers... They serve this shit they call Italian dressing which is actually a green , oily muck that more resembles Pesto than real dressing... It has had 3 other owners before them...  But this outfit needs to realize... This is Ohio... not fucking fruit loop Cali...

  • @flugel said:

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! ? (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

    I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! ? (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

    I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

    Royal Oaks is still there...they have a great golf league!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I thought it was the Anchor Bar?

    https://anchorbar.com/

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    @flugel said:

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    Nothing wrong about that !   Everybody needs to eat some just eat better than others.  Bon Appétit  !  

    We do have one thread on this board that is dedicated to good food, sports and especially Cleveland BROWNS football.  Some great eats that are easy to make and enjoy before,  during or after the game.  Sports get-togethers,  parties, tailgating whatever you want.   Stop by sometime.    😁

  • @flugel said:

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    Nothing wrong about that !   Everybody needs to eat some just eat better than others.  Bon Appétit  !  

    We do have one thread on this board that is dedicated to good food, sports and especially Cleveland BROWNS football.  Some great eats that are easy to make and enjoy before,  during or after the game.  Sports get-togethers,  parties, tailgating whatever you want.   Stop by sometime.    😁

    @mjp28 said:

    Nothing wrong about that !   Everybody needs to eat some just eat better than others.  Bon Appétit  !  

    We do have one thread on this board that is dedicated to good food, sports and especially Cleveland BROWNS football.  Some great eats that are easy to make and enjoy before,  during or after the game.  Sports get-togethers,  parties, tailgating whatever you want.   Stop by sometime.    😁

    That's a great thread MJP.  I haven't checked that out in a while so thanks for the reminder.

  • @flugel said:

    Very true!  If you like chicken wings, and you only live within 3 hours of Buffalo - put it on the bucket list.  Another thing a lot of people don't know about Buffalo is they keep the bars open until 4:00am (unless that has changed).  That was never a bad 60 mile road trip from from Rochester, NY - great college party town not too far from Niagara Falls...

    For what it's worth,  Duffs DOES have awesome wings too (and it's on a safer side of town)  Those were the first ones I had when we were visiting relatives back in the day.

    Dutch, you know the Browns are having a great season when the only feel good conversations we're having is about food...

    I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! ? (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

    I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! ? (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

    I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

    A great time to go is when the leaves start changing colors especially if you guys want to squeeze in a short ride to Niagara Falls.  My sister went to college there.  Any Catholic school where the students can drink almost as much as the Priests is a party school.  If that ain't enough - my favorite bar in that town was called "The Library."

    Buffalo has a ton of great bars on the Elmwood strip, which is a lot of fun.  They also have a lot of great bar and grills on the Lake.  If you guys decide to go - remind me before you do so.  I'll put together a list of places for you all to choose from Dutch.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I get ribs in a part of Youngstown that is, I suppose you could charitably say, a little sketchy, so ANCHOR BAR IT IS! ? (The first time the wife and I went to the Royal Oaks SWAT showed up running right by the bar as we left.)

    I think my NW PA friends and I need to make a trip there this summer. Our one friend Mike lives in Lakewood, NY. All the snow should be melted by then! 

    A great time to go is when the leaves start changing colors especially if you guys want to squeeze in a short ride to Niagara Falls.  My sister went to college there.  Any Catholic school where the students can drink almost as much as the Priests is a party school.  If that ain't enough - my favorite bar in that town was called "The Library."

    Buffalo has a ton of great bars on the Elmwood strip, which is a lot of fun.  They also have a lot of great bar and grills on the Lake.  If you guys decide to go - remind me before you do so.  I'll put together a list of places for you all to choose from Dutch.

    @flugel said:

    A great time to go is when the leaves start changing colors especially if you guys want to squeeze in a short ride to Niagara Falls.  My sister went to college there.  Any Catholic school where the students can drink almost as much as the Priests is a party school.  If that ain't enough - my favorite bar in that town was called "The Library."

    Buffalo has a ton of great bars on the Elmwood strip, which is a lot of fun.  They also have a lot of great bar and grills on the Lake.  If you guys decide to go - remind me before you do so.  I'll put together a list of places for you all to choose from Dutch.

    I would also suggest the Glenn Iris Inn inside of Letchworth State Park.. The park itself is amazing... its in west central NY about an hour east of Ellicotville.. Fine dining at reasonable prices...

    Ltch 1.jpg

    Ltch 2.jpg

    Glen Iris.jpg

  • @flugel said:

    A great time to go is when the leaves start changing colors especially if you guys want to squeeze in a short ride to Niagara Falls.  My sister went to college there.  Any Catholic school where the students can drink almost as much as the Priests is a party school.  If that ain't enough - my favorite bar in that town was called "The Library."

    Buffalo has a ton of great bars on the Elmwood strip, which is a lot of fun.  They also have a lot of great bar and grills on the Lake.  If you guys decide to go - remind me before you do so.  I'll put together a list of places for you all to choose from Dutch.

    I would also suggest the Glenn Iris Inn inside of Letchworth State Park.. The park itself is amazing... its in west central NY about an hour east of Ellicotville.. Fine dining at reasonable prices...

    Ltch 1.jpg

    Ltch 2.jpg

    Glen Iris.jpg

    @nickers said:

    I would also suggest the Glenn Iris Inn inside of Letchworth State Park.. The park itself is amazing... its in west central NY about an hour east of Ellicotville.. Fine dining at reasonable prices...

    Ltch 1.jpg

    Ltch 2.jpg

    Glen Iris.jpg

    Indeed!  Nice pictures!  The last time I went there I was about 12 years old.  It was an awesome day trip.  As you get East of Buffalo in the Rochester area, the Finger Lakes have some great restaurants, gorgeous scenery, vineyards and wineries.   Lake Ontario has a lot of that as well...

    I'll probably make most suggestions closer to Buffalo so they can do a bunch of things within the period of a weekend if they want.