Skip to content

"The"  ?    Official Tampa Bay at Cleveland Game Day Thread ... for WEEK 12.  ?

The Browns Board
181 22 3.3k 1
  • N Neo

    @hoorta said:

    OSU was pathetic giving up huge chunk plays

    I have never been a fan of calling Michigan "TTUN" or when they put giant red X's through the letter "M", it speaks of arrogance.  Then I seen a Buckeye head butt one of the Michigan players on the sidelines for an unnecessary penalty. What happened to OSU is what happens when you don't respect your opponent. I say good for Michigan for smoking OSU at home.

    I think that not respecting one's opponent may also be a Browns problem too, thinking they will just breeze through a game they should win. 

    @neo said:

    I have never been a fan of calling Michigan "TTUN" or when they put giant red X's through the letter "M", it speaks of arrogance.  Then I seen a Buckeye head butt one of the Michigan players on the sidelines for an unnecessary penalty. What happened to OSU is what happens when you don't respect your opponent. I say good for Michigan for smoking OSU at home.

    I think that not respecting one's opponent may also be a Browns problem too, thinking they will just breeze through a game they should win. 

    The missing “m” thing is a playful part of the rivalry. Just as their “Ohio” reference when we have an Ohio U. That is playing pretty good football too I might add.  The ironic part when this reference was made there were some years where Ohio U. Could beat Michigan.

    the ignitor in all this is Ryan Days foolish “we will put up 100” next time.   You cant do that when you punt twice in fourth down in Michigan territory. 

    I also had no problem with flag plant by Michigan. Some of these blue chip prospects like the guy you mentioned that committed that stupid penalty Gee Scott need to be humbled and if they were disrespected by this - maybe it’s time to get to work.  It was 22 years since they won on our turf good for them. That’s a LONG time.

    The Browns don’t believe in the coaching and the scheme, I don’t think that is the case with Ohio State. 

  • @neo said:

    I have never been a fan of calling Michigan "TTUN" or when they put giant red X's through the letter "M", it speaks of arrogance.  Then I seen a Buckeye head butt one of the Michigan players on the sidelines for an unnecessary penalty. What happened to OSU is what happens when you don't respect your opponent. I say good for Michigan for smoking OSU at home.

    I think that not respecting one's opponent may also be a Browns problem too, thinking they will just breeze through a game they should win. 

    The missing “m” thing is a playful part of the rivalry. Just as their “Ohio” reference when we have an Ohio U. That is playing pretty good football too I might add.  The ironic part when this reference was made there were some years where Ohio U. Could beat Michigan.

    the ignitor in all this is Ryan Days foolish “we will put up 100” next time.   You cant do that when you punt twice in fourth down in Michigan territory. 

    I also had no problem with flag plant by Michigan. Some of these blue chip prospects like the guy you mentioned that committed that stupid penalty Gee Scott need to be humbled and if they were disrespected by this - maybe it’s time to get to work.  It was 22 years since they won on our turf good for them. That’s a LONG time.

    The Browns don’t believe in the coaching and the scheme, I don’t think that is the case with Ohio State. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The missing “m” thing is a playful part of the rivalry. Just as their “Ohio” reference when we have an Ohio U.

    I'm aware of that, I just don't like it. 

  • @orion said:

    Very happy for Jacoby Brissett....getting a win to go out with.  He was a team leader.  He was classy.  He did a better job than anyone thought he could.  He kept the int's down.  Thank You Jacoby!

    JB's overtime pass to Coop was a good enough hold my beer  finish for this fan..

    awesome finish JB ! 

    @gumby73 said:

    JB's overtime pass to Coop was a good enough hold my beer  finish for this fan..

    awesome finish JB ! 

    Thanks for sharing that Gumbs!   I'm surprised some of our fans are soooooo down on this guy.  For a guy that is supposed to be a career backup - I think he did an admirable job for the Browns.  I hope we keep this guy on the team to be our backup the next couple years.

  • @gumby73 said:

    JB's overtime pass to Coop was a good enough hold my beer  finish for this fan..

    awesome finish JB ! 

    Thanks for sharing that Gumbs!   I'm surprised some of our fans are soooooo down on this guy.  For a guy that is supposed to be a career backup - I think he did an admirable job for the Browns.  I hope we keep this guy on the team to be our backup the next couple years.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for sharing that Gumbs!   I'm surprised some of our fans are soooooo down on this guy.  For a guy that is supposed to be a career backup - I think he did an admirable job for the Browns.  I hope we keep this guy on the team to be our backup the next couple years.

    I've come to realize,as a "career backup" he's actually pretty good, if you look up his stats.  Hmmm.. comparable to Kirk Cousins.  🙂  Sure- he's made some bonehead plays, and his occasional lack of pocket presence is maddening... But we weren't asking him to be a Patrick Mahomes either. 

    We are where we are not because of Jacoby, but it's because our supposed terrific defense cost us a bunch of games, most notably the epic collapse against the Jets. 

    If he's willing, I agree Brissett can be our backup QB for the next few years.  

  • The second game I miss this season, and it's another win? This time an overtime thriller! I hate to admit it, but it seems @hoorta's Mrs and I have something in common...

    awkward-umm-what.gif

  • The second game I miss this season, and it's another win? This time an overtime thriller! I hate to admit it, but it seems @hoorta's Mrs and I have something in common...

    awkward-umm-what.gif

    @korsou-dawg said:

    The second game I miss this season, and it's another win? This time an overtime thriller! I hate to admit it, but it seems @hoorta's Mrs and I have something in common...

    awkward-umm-what.gif

    If you get NFL Network, I'm fairly sure they'll rebroadcast the game later in the week... 🙂  

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    The second game I miss this season, and it's another win? This time an overtime thriller! I hate to admit it, but it seems @hoorta's Mrs and I have something in common...

    awkward-umm-what.gif

    If you get NFL Network, I'm fairly sure they'll rebroadcast the game later in the week... 🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    If you get NFL Network, I'm fairly sure they'll rebroadcast the game later in the week... 🙂  

    Cheers bud! I have Game Pass, which is the only way I know of to view games live here on the island. 40 minute and full game replays also included. Pretty good.

  • John Sabol@John_Sabol
    #Browns are releasing QB Josh Dobbs to make a roster mover for Deshaun Watson. @fox8news
  • John Sabol@John_Sabol
    #Browns are releasing QB Josh Dobbs to make a roster mover for Deshaun Watson. @fox8news
  • @hoorta said:

    If you get NFL Network, I'm fairly sure they'll rebroadcast the game later in the week... 🙂  

    Cheers bud! I have Game Pass, which is the only way I know of to view games live here on the island. 40 minute and full game replays also included. Pretty good.

    @korsou-dawg said:

    the only way I know of to view games live

    https://reddit.nflbite.com/