Skip to content

Mayfield

The Browns Board
381 39 19.4k 2
  • @flugel said:

    Well done!   I think he's gonna have a nice long career as the next Colt McCoy.    I just wish those pretending he's a misunderstood Joe Montana would finally move on like Baker has (to his 3rd team)...

    I've never seen a more average player cause so much division within a fanbase. 

    Baker fans are almost cult-like at this point. I fully expect that they fly Baker flags at their houses and wear Make Baker Great Again hats or something. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    ... Especially first 3 years.....  I've never seen a more average player cause so much division within a fanbase. Hmmm.

    Baker fans are almost cult-like at this point. I fully expect that they fly Baker flags at their houses and wear Make Baker Great Again hats or something. 

    Oh yes Baker Mayfield 6' 1"  215,  main career stats :    Career.  61.2.  15,668.  99. 62. 86.6.  May still have a few years there.  And cut from the same cloth as Colt McCoy for one.

    Colt McCoy 6' 1"  212,  CLE (first 3), SF, WAS, NYG, AZ  career stats (for just one journeyman QB)   Career.  62.6. 7,897. 34.  31.  80.4.  
    You wonder if BRM,  CLE (first 3), CAR, LAR    bounces around a few more years what his career stats might be.  And will he be remembered as more than a former CLE (3 yrs) quarterback,  who knows.   The   "good but"   tag on him.

     

  • @dutch-oven said:

    ... Especially first 3 years.....  I've never seen a more average player cause so much division within a fanbase. Hmmm.

    Baker fans are almost cult-like at this point. I fully expect that they fly Baker flags at their houses and wear Make Baker Great Again hats or something. 

    Oh yes Baker Mayfield 6' 1"  215,  main career stats :    Career.  61.2.  15,668.  99. 62. 86.6.  May still have a few years there.  And cut from the same cloth as Colt McCoy for one.

    Colt McCoy 6' 1"  212,  CLE (first 3), SF, WAS, NYG, AZ  career stats (for just one journeyman QB)   Career.  62.6. 7,897. 34.  31.  80.4.  
    You wonder if BRM,  CLE (first 3), CAR, LAR    bounces around a few more years what his career stats might be.  And will he be remembered as more than a former CLE (3 yrs) quarterback,  who knows.   The   "good but"   tag on him.

     

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes Baker Mayfield 6' 1"  215,  main career stats :    Career.  61.2.  15,668.  99. 62. 86.6.  May still have a few years there.  And cut from the same cloth as Colt McCoy for one.

    Colt McCoy 6' 1"  212,  CLE (first 3), SF, WAS, NYG, AZ  career stats (for just one journeyman QB)   Career.  62.6. 7,897. 34.  31.  80.4.  
    You wonder if BRM,  CLE (first 3), CAR, LAR    bounces around a few more years what his career stats might be.  And will he be remembered as more than a former CLE (3 yrs) quarterback,  who knows.   The   "good but"   tag on him.

     

    I brought that analogy up because the NFL always has a place for both guys IF they can put football 1st in spite of their limitations for those that can't let go.  I like Colt McCoy (the same way I like Jacoby Brissett); and as a 3rd round pick - his NFL career has outlived a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks the Browns made before/after him.   The teams that employ them are happy they have a fill-in starter they can trust.  The Rams just did that for Baker after Carolina couldn't.  

    Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit - it was that or try to win an argument in lieu having intelligent conversation).  Some guys never get there and I think there's only 1 Vinny Testaverde that made Pro Bowls after 30/gray hair.  

    Aside from what Tia has shown us in this thread and his previous posts similar to it, the Dilfer-like panic attacks causing the dyslexic and premature progression reads incompatible with the speed of the game left a lot of open targets in lieu of the bad decisions.  More specifically, this isn't the Big 12 any more (same conference Colt McCoy came out of).  The difference I see between Baker and Colt is the maturity level required to maintain a leadership role that will keep teammates believing in you and what you bring. Also, Baker had some early success that he got complacent with.  For example, he was far more talented than the 1st 2 QB Coaches he had so he wasn't always open to their coaching. He was chugging beer at Cleveland Indians' baseball games; while preparing more for his wedding in the summer than training camp/football season ahead.  Another major distraction was doing all of the commercials that featured him.  All that, showed whoever needed to see it - this guy no longer had football as his #1 priority.

    I'm a Browns' fan that once admired his "if you count me out - I'll make you sorry for doing so."  That disappeared when he became too content with his rookie year; and refused to put the work in on his weaknesses.  The Browns still worked around those weaknesses in the playoff season to get a 26 TD passes to 8 INTs ratio; but we could see what was in the way of him being elite. Adversity didn't bring me the guy I thought he'd become.  Am I giving up too early?  I don't know and I don't care.  And why?  He doesn't play for my favorite team any more.  That's more important to me than trying to win an argument about a guy that can't help us win any more than he could the last year he played for us. 

    Joe Burrow was just being a nice guy before he wasn't one on the field last Sunday.... Let's do ourselves a favor and move on before we have a love-tragic Romeo and Juliet ending on our hands in here.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes Baker Mayfield 6' 1"  215,  main career stats :    Career.  61.2.  15,668.  99. 62. 86.6.  May still have a few years there.  And cut from the same cloth as Colt McCoy for one.

    Colt McCoy 6' 1"  212,  CLE (first 3), SF, WAS, NYG, AZ  career stats (for just one journeyman QB)   Career.  62.6. 7,897. 34.  31.  80.4.  
    You wonder if BRM,  CLE (first 3), CAR, LAR    bounces around a few more years what his career stats might be.  And will he be remembered as more than a former CLE (3 yrs) quarterback,  who knows.   The   "good but"   tag on him.

     

    I brought that analogy up because the NFL always has a place for both guys IF they can put football 1st in spite of their limitations for those that can't let go.  I like Colt McCoy (the same way I like Jacoby Brissett); and as a 3rd round pick - his NFL career has outlived a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks the Browns made before/after him.   The teams that employ them are happy they have a fill-in starter they can trust.  The Rams just did that for Baker after Carolina couldn't.  

    Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit - it was that or try to win an argument in lieu having intelligent conversation).  Some guys never get there and I think there's only 1 Vinny Testaverde that made Pro Bowls after 30/gray hair.  

    Aside from what Tia has shown us in this thread and his previous posts similar to it, the Dilfer-like panic attacks causing the dyslexic and premature progression reads incompatible with the speed of the game left a lot of open targets in lieu of the bad decisions.  More specifically, this isn't the Big 12 any more (same conference Colt McCoy came out of).  The difference I see between Baker and Colt is the maturity level required to maintain a leadership role that will keep teammates believing in you and what you bring. Also, Baker had some early success that he got complacent with.  For example, he was far more talented than the 1st 2 QB Coaches he had so he wasn't always open to their coaching. He was chugging beer at Cleveland Indians' baseball games; while preparing more for his wedding in the summer than training camp/football season ahead.  Another major distraction was doing all of the commercials that featured him.  All that, showed whoever needed to see it - this guy no longer had football as his #1 priority.

    I'm a Browns' fan that once admired his "if you count me out - I'll make you sorry for doing so."  That disappeared when he became too content with his rookie year; and refused to put the work in on his weaknesses.  The Browns still worked around those weaknesses in the playoff season to get a 26 TD passes to 8 INTs ratio; but we could see what was in the way of him being elite. Adversity didn't bring me the guy I thought he'd become.  Am I giving up too early?  I don't know and I don't care.  And why?  He doesn't play for my favorite team any more.  That's more important to me than trying to win an argument about a guy that can't help us win any more than he could the last year he played for us. 

    Joe Burrow was just being a nice guy before he wasn't one on the field last Sunday.... Let's do ourselves a favor and move on before we have a love-tragic Romeo and Juliet ending on our hands in here.

    @flugel said:

    I brought that analogy up because the NFL always has a place for both guys IF they can put football 1st in spite of their limitations for those that can't let go.  I like Colt McCoy (the same way I like Jacoby Brissett); and as a 3rd round pick - his NFL career has outlived a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks the Browns made before/after him.   The teams that employ them are happy they have a fill-in starter they can trust.  The Rams just did that for Baker after Carolina couldn't.  

    Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit - it was that or try to win an argument in lieu having intelligent conversation).  Some guys never get there and I think there's only 1 Vinny Testaverde that made Pro Bowls after 30/gray hair.  

    Aside from what Tia has shown us in this thread and his previous posts similar to it, the Dilfer-like panic attacks causing the dyslexic and premature progression reads incompatible with the speed of the game left a lot of open targets in lieu of the bad decisions.  More specifically, this isn't the Big 12 any more (same conference Colt McCoy came out of).  The difference I see between Baker and Colt is the maturity level required to maintain a leadership role that will keep teammates believing in you and what you bring. Also, Baker had some early success that he got complacent with.  For example, he was far more talented than the 1st 2 QB Coaches he had so he wasn't always open to their coaching. He was chugging beer at Cleveland Indians' baseball games; while preparing more for his wedding in the summer than training camp/football season ahead.  Another major distraction was doing all of the commercials that featured him.  All that, showed whoever needed to see it - this guy no longer had football as his #1 priority.

    I'm a Browns' fan that once admired his "if you count me out - I'll make you sorry for doing so."  That disappeared when he became too content with his rookie year; and refused to put the work in on his weaknesses.  The Browns still worked around those weaknesses in the playoff season to get a 26 TD passes to 8 INTs ratio; but we could see what was in the way of him being elite. Adversity didn't bring me the guy I thought he'd become.  Am I giving up too early?  I don't know and I don't care.  And why?  He doesn't play for my favorite team any more.  That's more important to me than trying to win an argument about a guy that can't help us win any more than he could the last year he played for us. 

    Joe Burrow was just being a nice guy before he wasn't one on the field last Sunday.... Let's do ourselves a favor and move on before we have a love-tragic Romeo and Juliet ending on our hands in here.

    This is an idiotic post. If you want to make comparisons, compare your boy Watson to Brissett.....he doesn't look all that good, does he?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes Baker Mayfield 6' 1"  215,  main career stats :    Career.  61.2.  15,668.  99. 62. 86.6.  May still have a few years there.  And cut from the same cloth as Colt McCoy for one.

    Colt McCoy 6' 1"  212,  CLE (first 3), SF, WAS, NYG, AZ  career stats (for just one journeyman QB)   Career.  62.6. 7,897. 34.  31.  80.4.  
    You wonder if BRM,  CLE (first 3), CAR, LAR    bounces around a few more years what his career stats might be.  And will he be remembered as more than a former CLE (3 yrs) quarterback,  who knows.   The   "good but"   tag on him.

     

    I brought that analogy up because the NFL always has a place for both guys IF they can put football 1st in spite of their limitations for those that can't let go.  I like Colt McCoy (the same way I like Jacoby Brissett); and as a 3rd round pick - his NFL career has outlived a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks the Browns made before/after him.   The teams that employ them are happy they have a fill-in starter they can trust.  The Rams just did that for Baker after Carolina couldn't.  

    Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit - it was that or try to win an argument in lieu having intelligent conversation).  Some guys never get there and I think there's only 1 Vinny Testaverde that made Pro Bowls after 30/gray hair.  

    Aside from what Tia has shown us in this thread and his previous posts similar to it, the Dilfer-like panic attacks causing the dyslexic and premature progression reads incompatible with the speed of the game left a lot of open targets in lieu of the bad decisions.  More specifically, this isn't the Big 12 any more (same conference Colt McCoy came out of).  The difference I see between Baker and Colt is the maturity level required to maintain a leadership role that will keep teammates believing in you and what you bring. Also, Baker had some early success that he got complacent with.  For example, he was far more talented than the 1st 2 QB Coaches he had so he wasn't always open to their coaching. He was chugging beer at Cleveland Indians' baseball games; while preparing more for his wedding in the summer than training camp/football season ahead.  Another major distraction was doing all of the commercials that featured him.  All that, showed whoever needed to see it - this guy no longer had football as his #1 priority.

    I'm a Browns' fan that once admired his "if you count me out - I'll make you sorry for doing so."  That disappeared when he became too content with his rookie year; and refused to put the work in on his weaknesses.  The Browns still worked around those weaknesses in the playoff season to get a 26 TD passes to 8 INTs ratio; but we could see what was in the way of him being elite. Adversity didn't bring me the guy I thought he'd become.  Am I giving up too early?  I don't know and I don't care.  And why?  He doesn't play for my favorite team any more.  That's more important to me than trying to win an argument about a guy that can't help us win any more than he could the last year he played for us. 

    Joe Burrow was just being a nice guy before he wasn't one on the field last Sunday.... Let's do ourselves a favor and move on before we have a love-tragic Romeo and Juliet ending on our hands in here.

    @flugel said:

    I brought that analogy up because the NFL always has a place for both guys IF they can put football 1st in spite of their limitations for those that can't let go.  I like Colt McCoy (the same way I like Jacoby Brissett); and as a 3rd round pick - his NFL career has outlived a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks the Browns made before/after him.   The teams that employ them are happy they have a fill-in starter they can trust.  The Rams just did that for Baker after Carolina couldn't.  

    Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit - it was that or try to win an argument in lieu having intelligent conversation).  Some guys never get there and I think there's only 1 Vinny Testaverde that made Pro Bowls after 30/gray hair.  

    Aside from what Tia has shown us in this thread and his previous posts similar to it, the Dilfer-like panic attacks causing the dyslexic and premature progression reads incompatible with the speed of the game left a lot of open targets in lieu of the bad decisions.  More specifically, this isn't the Big 12 any more (same conference Colt McCoy came out of).  The difference I see between Baker and Colt is the maturity level required to maintain a leadership role that will keep teammates believing in you and what you bring. Also, Baker had some early success that he got complacent with.  For example, he was far more talented than the 1st 2 QB Coaches he had so he wasn't always open to their coaching. He was chugging beer at Cleveland Indians' baseball games; while preparing more for his wedding in the summer than training camp/football season ahead.  Another major distraction was doing all of the commercials that featured him.  All that, showed whoever needed to see it - this guy no longer had football as his #1 priority.

    I'm a Browns' fan that once admired his "if you count me out - I'll make you sorry for doing so."  That disappeared when he became too content with his rookie year; and refused to put the work in on his weaknesses.  The Browns still worked around those weaknesses in the playoff season to get a 26 TD passes to 8 INTs ratio; but we could see what was in the way of him being elite. Adversity didn't bring me the guy I thought he'd become.  Am I giving up too early?  I don't know and I don't care.  And why?  He doesn't play for my favorite team any more.  That's more important to me than trying to win an argument about a guy that can't help us win any more than he could the last year he played for us. 

    Joe Burrow was just being a nice guy before he wasn't one on the field last Sunday.... Let's do ourselves a favor and move on before we have a love-tragic Romeo and Juliet ending on our hands in here.

    I also am a die-hard-forever Cleveland + BROWNS + any leader QB whether it's a Ryan or Sipe or Kosar as long as they can lead the team forward regardless of the circumstances.   

    And I've always believed that leadership whether it's business or sports or whatever starts at the very top and works its way downward  in every situation  and the BROWNS currently are sadly lacking there both in ownership and through the coaching ranks.   

    Almost an impossible situation to correct unless the current ownership realizes that they can NOT run a professional football organization and just completely  STEP ASIDE and let someone else run the show.

    OK now what, will they 1. realize that and  2.  do it.  Until they do it well the Cleveland BROWNS are destined to be sub par.  The worst part is they have some good players there now  -but-   can NOT  do what is necessary to finish this. 

    Makes me sick just thinking about it.  Someone else can put their two cents into this.  AND .....

    GO BROWNS,  always.

  • @flugel said:

    I brought that analogy up because the NFL always has a place for both guys IF they can put football 1st in spite of their limitations for those that can't let go.  I like Colt McCoy (the same way I like Jacoby Brissett); and as a 3rd round pick - his NFL career has outlived a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks the Browns made before/after him.   The teams that employ them are happy they have a fill-in starter they can trust.  The Rams just did that for Baker after Carolina couldn't.  

    Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit - it was that or try to win an argument in lieu having intelligent conversation).  Some guys never get there and I think there's only 1 Vinny Testaverde that made Pro Bowls after 30/gray hair.  

    Aside from what Tia has shown us in this thread and his previous posts similar to it, the Dilfer-like panic attacks causing the dyslexic and premature progression reads incompatible with the speed of the game left a lot of open targets in lieu of the bad decisions.  More specifically, this isn't the Big 12 any more (same conference Colt McCoy came out of).  The difference I see between Baker and Colt is the maturity level required to maintain a leadership role that will keep teammates believing in you and what you bring. Also, Baker had some early success that he got complacent with.  For example, he was far more talented than the 1st 2 QB Coaches he had so he wasn't always open to their coaching. He was chugging beer at Cleveland Indians' baseball games; while preparing more for his wedding in the summer than training camp/football season ahead.  Another major distraction was doing all of the commercials that featured him.  All that, showed whoever needed to see it - this guy no longer had football as his #1 priority.

    I'm a Browns' fan that once admired his "if you count me out - I'll make you sorry for doing so."  That disappeared when he became too content with his rookie year; and refused to put the work in on his weaknesses.  The Browns still worked around those weaknesses in the playoff season to get a 26 TD passes to 8 INTs ratio; but we could see what was in the way of him being elite. Adversity didn't bring me the guy I thought he'd become.  Am I giving up too early?  I don't know and I don't care.  And why?  He doesn't play for my favorite team any more.  That's more important to me than trying to win an argument about a guy that can't help us win any more than he could the last year he played for us. 

    Joe Burrow was just being a nice guy before he wasn't one on the field last Sunday.... Let's do ourselves a favor and move on before we have a love-tragic Romeo and Juliet ending on our hands in here.

    This is an idiotic post. If you want to make comparisons, compare your boy Watson to Brissett.....he doesn't look all that good, does he?

    @lodilobo said:

    This is an idiotic post. If you want to make comparisons, compare your boy Watson to Brissett.....he doesn't look all that good, does he?

    Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap. 

  • @flugel said:

    That is 100% okay with me but you're diving into a conversation that this is not about.  Reading the flow of discussion can get you EGGSACTLY where you need to be in this one Steve.  I'll bring the post back since nobody is doing that in this conversation. My stuff told the truth about where Baker is today and why.  He's on his 3rd different team in 2022.  Anyway, I'm not gonna re-type it - I'll just hit reply to it.  It doesn't ask anyone to be a Watson fan or demand it. It stuck to the title of the thread.  As one of Baker's biggest fans pre-draft - I think my assessments of him have remained fair and honest.

    No doubt I arrived mid conversation but I think I'm okay in responding to the jock strap jibe. Haha.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Absolutely nothing wrong with taking a personal interest in individual players or doubting the wisdom of making a bad deal. People still gripe about vinny/bernie the Paul Warfield trade drafting Johnny Football etc etc. Even though he hasn't reached Ray Lewis Aaron Hernandez or Michael Vick levels, Watson is still somewhat distasteful and it is perfectly legitimate to call out the people who supported that deal if there is no Lombardi in Berea. (Just as I will expect to hear loud obnoxious gloating if it works)

    WSS

    That is 100% okay with me.  As a PRE-DRAFT Baker fan and loyalist throughout his time here - I told the truth about the guy in the subject heading.  Then it got silly IMO.

  • @lodilobo said:

    This is an idiotic post. If you want to make comparisons, compare your boy Watson to Brissett.....he doesn't look all that good, does he?

    Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap. 

    @flugel said:

    Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap. 

    It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy.  I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like 

  • I have? My loyalty only goes so far. When this owner continues to destroy a once proud franchise like the Cleveland Browns, I get a little aggravated. I'm 72....I don't have the patience for morons I once had. 

  • @flugel said:

    Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap. 

    It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy.  I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like 

    @lodilobo said:

    It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy.  I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like 

    Really?  This was my 2nd paragraph in italic that your reading comprehension missed: Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary.  I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit 

    Mayfield would have only been a fill-in starter in Cleveland if he got to stay.  Then he went to Carolina where he played his way into being Sam Darnold's back-up.  Now that Mathew Stafford is sidelined in street clothes, he's filling in for the injured starter.  

    One of us can read the writing on the wall - the other one finds the truth too hurtful.  When all 32 teams had healthy QBs, only 1 became interested in Baker at the last minute.  Unfortunately, when he played his way down the depth chart - the guy they wanted Baker to replace/upgrade earned his starting job back over Baker.  

    Who's kidding who here?  

  • Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not. 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoCo00.htm

     And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer. 

     Despite losing Our starting and backup center, having an all rookie backfield and marginal skill positions, those two had the Browns with a TD of being 8-8 and a wildcard birth. 

     It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them. 

  • Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not. 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoCo00.htm

     And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer. 

     Despite losing Our starting and backup center, having an all rookie backfield and marginal skill positions, those two had the Browns with a TD of being 8-8 and a wildcard birth. 

     It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not. 

     And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer. 

     It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them. 

    Well I haven't forgotten...lol I just wrote about Shanahan earlier in the week. Haslam & Farmer had to "justify" the Manziel pick, ugh.

    To be fair, Hoyer self imploded vs the Colts here in a 25-24 loss. 

    I think just about everybody knew JM was going to fail. He had talent, but ultimately no heart and way too small for the NFL.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not. 

     And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer. 

     It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them. 

    Well I haven't forgotten...lol I just wrote about Shanahan earlier in the week. Haslam & Farmer had to "justify" the Manziel pick, ugh.

    To be fair, Hoyer self imploded vs the Colts here in a 25-24 loss. 

    I think just about everybody knew JM was going to fail. He had talent, but ultimately no heart and way too small for the NFL.

    @bob806 said:

    Well I haven't forgotten...lol I just wrote about Shanahan earlier in the week. Haslam & Farmer had to "justify" the Manziel pick, ugh.

    To be fair, Hoyer self imploded vs the Colts here in a 25-24 loss. 

    I think just about everybody knew JM was going to fail. He had talent, but ultimately no heart and way too small for the NFL.

    I have a sneaking suspicion that there were some people here who were fully drinking the Billy Manziel Kool-Aid, besides TexAg, of course.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    yes, Baker isn't perfect. But Goff was often injured. and Stafford was seriously injured. Google their injures. I believe Stafford has avoided spinal injury surgery.

    Sweetheart, this wasn't a post for you to continue discussion... those days are over.

    This also isn't a post debating the merits of college prospects which, while not a true 50/50, have a certain 'chance' to them where anybody could be right.   It's not a science and nobody has nailed it. That's where I'm happy to receive your feedback.    This isn't that.  

    This is apples to apples, NFL plays, coaches and personnel in the vacuum that is the league. 

    Take my analysis, which was nice enough of me to not include Baker throwing a pick on a half field read, as it is - fair and thorough.  A breakdown that, podcasts which rant with little substance and PFF aside, I haven't found anything anywhere quite like the charting I've done that isn't likely being done in-house by professionals.      While you're at it, do yourself a favor and take what little information I still give here and use it to make yourself some money gambling.   The Rams and Baker will regress and have turnovers.  Do not expect him to duplicate that performance without an INT or two, and against a Packers defense that saw him less than 365 days ago too.     As it stands, Rams are +6.5 and the common man is likely riding the emotional wave that is Baker-mania in L.A.

     If the Pack injury report looks good, then I'm going in on GB to cover at -6.5 while also looking at a prop for Ben Skowronek on receptions or yards.      I'd advise you do the same if the lines look agreeable.

     You're welcome in advance.

    ❤️

    @tiamat63 said:

      While you're at it, do yourself a favor and take what little information I still give here and use it to make yourself some money gambling.   The Rams and Baker will regress and have turnovers.  Do not expect him to duplicate that performance without an INT or two, and against a Packers defense that saw him less than 365 days ago too.     As it stands, Rams are +6.5 and the common man is likely riding the emotional wave that is Baker-mania in L.A.

     If the Pack injury report looks good, then I'm going in on GB to cover at -6.5 while also looking at a prop for Ben Skowronek on receptions or yards.      I'd advise you do the same if the lines look agreeable.

     You're welcome in advance.

    ❤️

    Anybody besides myself go in on GB - 6.5 ?

    • LA Rams
    • Matchup
    • Green Bay
    Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat
    12 21 111 1 1 67.8
    • LA Rams
    • Matchup
    • Green Bay
    Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat
    12 21 111 1 1 67.8

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    • LA Rams
    • Matchup
    • Green Bay
    Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat
    12 21 111 1 1 67.8

    He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.

    I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig). 

    The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward. 

    Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast? 

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    • LA Rams
    • Matchup
    • Green Bay
    Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat
    12 21 111 1 1 67.8

    He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.

    I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig). 

    The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward. 

    Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast? 

    @bob806 said:

    He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.

    I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig). 

    The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward. 

    Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast? 

    I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?

    They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.

      My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.

      And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.

      Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!

      I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.

      The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....

  • @bob806 said:

    He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.

    I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig). 

    The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward. 

    Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast? 

    I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?

    They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.

      My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.

      And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.

      Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!

      I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.

      The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....

    @calfoxwc said:

    I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?

    They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.

      My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.

      And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.

      Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!

      I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.

      The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....

    It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?

    They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.

      My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.

      And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.

      Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!

      I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.

      The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....

    It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!

    @nickers said:

    It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!

    LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".

    hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).

       If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.

  • @flugel said:

    Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap. 

    It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy.  I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like 

    @lodilobo said:

    It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy.  I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like 

    Yeah, FYI I've been around the football world as long as you have....  Yep, Baker took the Browns to the playoffs...  You still giddy that Jim Brown won us the NFL Championship in 1964?  That's one outlier year for Mayfield, and what the experts opined about Baker rang true again Monday night, he's maddeningly inconsistent.  He was pretty pedestrian against the Packers, Captain check down..  And I saw at least one play where Baker had a two guys wide open (shades of the OBJ bitch) and he didn't see them.  

    Of course Cult Baker is still making excuses for him and can't come to admit Mayfield is another Andy Dalton who can only succeed if the surrounding cast is studly all world. 

    @nickers said:

    It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!

    That's the problem with Cult Baker nickers... And it IS a cult. Should we analyze everything former Brown Jarvis Landry is doing with the Saints? Maybe rave about how great Jordan Poyer is playing for the Bills? Sheeezzzeee!!!!  I'm more than happy to let it go and move on.  THEY'RE the ones who can't let it go, and follow his every doing around the league like a bunch of pathetic lapdogs. I learned long ago not to fall in love with particular Browns players (with few exceptions). I still have a Tim Couch gathering dust in my basement as a reminder of that.   

    PS Tia- I hope you bet a ton on the Packers to cover last night. It could have been more than 12, if they didn't do a series of kneel downs to run out the clock at the end of the game.  🙂